Colorado WRX 2017

1868788899092»

Comments

• thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 954 ✭✭
    Ah cool. $40 for a first lesson is a great deal, but I feel $100 is too steep. I do love the idea of the combine. It really helps identify where your weaknesses are. I'm definitely down for doing that at some point.
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • bgtwy_sage22bgtwy_sage22 Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I 2nd everything jacobEDGE has said about SBCC, best $40 I've spent on my game in a while -- started working with Kelly last week and already seeing some desire-able effects on ballfight and consistency. Will see how it translates to future scores next season, but if you are hesitating going in for the $40 lesson, don't... guy knows his stuff and the technology is A++ (IMHO, of course.)
    I have no issues spending money on lessons. My only hesitation is that I have access to free online lessons through November. It doesn't make much sense to have concurrent lessons with two different instructors.

I'm also struggling with doing Monte's clinic again next year because of it, though I think I am leaning towards it.

Edel E-1
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    edited Dec 19, 2017 #2735
    Kelly bundles time together for slight discounts. You can buy a "4 pack" of 1 hour practice sessions. I think he told me that was $100. So it comes down to $25 per hour long session. So you could do all the drills and things through the online training you're doing...then go to SBCC once/twice a month to hop on the simulator and get number readouts. That'd probably be your best thing for your current situation!

I honestly wouldn't even mind meeting up with some people during a cold a** winter day to play 18 holes of simulated golf there. The graphics and physics blow GC2/Foresight out of the water. It's like going from a Playstation 1 to a PS4 VR.
    That's a pretty good deal. And I'd definitely be down for a sim day!

Edel E-1
  • DaVinciGolfDaVinciGolf Seasoned Hacker Posts: 128 ✭✭
    You guys and your expensive lessons. Here's the one lesson that fixed my game. You guys should keep it simple.

https://mobile.twitt...1691392/video/1
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,619 ClubWRX
    I may be mistaken but did someone say they had opened a Colorado Golf and Ski store somewhere around Park Meadows Mall?

We found a Ski and Sports but it looked like it was just a ski store.

Thanks.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited Dec 20, 2017 #2739

I may be mistaken but did someone say they had opened a Colorado Golf and Ski store somewhere around Park Meadows Mall?

Yes. It's been there for a few years now. Near The Container Store and Men's Warehouse. Their golf section is pretty small; plus, since it's ski season, they may have shrunk the golf display area.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Yes. It's been there for a few years now. Near The Container Store and Men's Warehouse. Their golf section is pretty small; plus, since it's ski season, they may have shrunk the golf display area.

Thanks Pseodo, that’s the store I was at. I didn’t go in, just looked through the windows and it looked like all ski so I left.

Is it worth even stopping there with the other two in the area?
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

Thanks Pseodo, that’s the store I was at. I didn’t go in, just looked through the windows and it looked like all ski so I left.

They had a really good sale earlier this year on golf bags (Ping included), but I tend to gravitate to the other three stores in the area. PGATSS is my go-to golf store.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    I have this really weird thing where I take all my clubs to get work done (shortening shafts, tip installation, etc) to ex-Golfsmith/Golf Galaxy...but I do all my purchasing of physical products from PGA Super Store.
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,437 ✭✭
    This snow is simultaneously making me happy and bumming me out. I was looking forward to playing on the 26th, but it's not looking like it'll be warm enough any time soon.
  • Golfing BoilerGolfing Boiler Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Hey All,

Anybody have any experience with Orange Whip? I'm looking into a last minute Christmas gift for myself and these looked interesting when I was walking through the store the other day.

Appreciate any insight folks my have

They had a really good sale earlier this year on golf bags (Ping included), but I tend to gravitate to the other three stores in the area. PGATSS is my go-to golf store.

Should have gone in since a bag is what I was looking for. Golf Galaxy didn’t have the SM 5.5: had to go to PGASS.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

Hey All,

Anybody have any experience with Orange Whip? I'm looking into a last minute Christmas gift for myself and these looked interesting when I was walking through the store the other day.

I've used one a couple of times and almost gotten it myself. Really nice to loosen up and think about tempo a little bit. I've seen a few guys on ranges with them as well, but at the end of the day, I just didn't feel like I needed it enough to part ways with $75 or whatever it is. Good product though if you need to loosen up a bit before a round.
  • rkrechrkrech Members Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey All,

I own one and wouldn’t recommend spending money on it. It’s a good tool to get warmed up with. But using it as recommended to work on tempo actually hurt my swing. Made me get really long in back swing. It’s a hard habit to break.

If you really want one. I have one for sale cheap.
  • KimmerKimmer Members Posts: 3
    Is anyone playing today? Weather looks great in westminster but I dont think its warm enough to melt the snow....
  • irvtrainirvtrain Members Posts: 1,001 ✭✭
    I called around, and none of the courses were open yet. That was around 11:30, things could have changed by now.
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,234 ✭✭
    Kimmer wrote:

Is anyone playing today? Weather looks great in westminster but I dont think its warm enough to melt the snow....

Got about 8" snow on the ground, not golfing here for some time.
    irvtrain wrote:

I called around, and none of the courses were open yet. That was around 11:30, things could have changed by now.

I was hoping places might be open tomorrow afternoon. May try to get 9 holes in.
  • danzurdanzur Members Posts: 64
    I see golfers out on Black Bear today....
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,682 ✭✭
    Brian... you need to start the 2018 thread this weekend image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • irvtrainirvtrain Members Posts: 1,001 ✭✭
    Surprisingly only Walnut Creek was open today on the north side of town. I think it is because they have so much southern exposure.

I think Brian is waiting until Jan 1st to start a new thread lol.
    If I wake up early enough, I'll start it since I'm 8 hours ahead of y'all. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"

If I wake up early enough, I'll start it since I'm 8 hours ahead of y'all. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

She's all yours. An early happy new year to you in Sweden, and I'll see you in Colorado WRX 2018!

How many hours of sunlight?
    dirtyboy wrote:

Six. Bleepin'. Hours. 9am-3pm.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"

dirtyboy wrote:

Six. Bleepin'. Hours. 9am-3pm.

That must be depressing.
    dirtyboy wrote:

That must be depressing.

We now remember why we only visit in the summers.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
This discussion has been closed.