2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) Simulator: Info and GC2 Trial

drewtaylor21

Some of you may be aware of this Sim software already, and I've discussed it in several threads, but thought it would be helpful to start a dedicated resource thread here on an unbiased forum for anyone who may be interested. For those who may not be aware, there is a lack of objective info about this software on the golf sim forum, as they are financially tied to The Golf Club (TGC), a competing software. Talk of JNPG on that forum results in content being edited/deleted and users banned. Thus, here we are!

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) is a computer game available for purchase on Steam for a $35 one time fee. The game can be found here: http://store.steampo...s_Perfect_Golf/

Once in the game, users have the option of going to the Pro Shop to purchase the annual Sim pass for $250. This enables the user to play the game via connection to a personal launch monitor (GC2, Skytrak, Flightscope, Trackman).

Currently, GC2 users also have the option of a $20 trial run of the software, which can also be purchased in the Pro Shop in-game. Easy step-by-step:

http://onlinegolftou...it=trial#p44560

Another huge benefit to JNPG is the connection to the OnlineGolfTour (OGT), which in my opinion is what really makes this software the best option on the market. OGT offers the user an additional driving range with club fitting mode, full stat tracking during tournament play, trackman-style combines with live leaderboards, and a very competitive weekly tour that hosts 2-round tournaments that follow the PGA Tour schedule. There are currently about 50 guys involved in the weekly events, which offer both a net and gross winner each week, and often include CTP and Long Drive competitions for some additional bragging rights. Active tournaments, information, and leaderboards can be found here: http://www.simulatio...s.html?id=10036

Here is a look at the combines and an example of one of the combine leaderboards (shameless plug)

The community does most of its chatting and game-making via the Discord app, and the guys are more than willing to help any new users with start-up issues or questions: https://discord.gg/veTtjdU Someone is always playing or trying to organize a round, which is easy, as JNPG offer multiplayer options such as scrambles, alternate shot, hazard golf, or just a plain old round on any number of the 200+ courses that are available. Courses are designed using LIDAR data for maximum real-life accuracy, and are continuously being developed and tested for release. I will create another post below with the current real-life courses that are available.

Here is a stream of mine that shows game play and graphics:

[media=]

[/media]

I'll be adding more to this thread to go into more depth on some of the features of JNPG/OGT, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Everyone is welcome, of course, but I'm going to be selfish for a second here and say that I'd really love to see some more low handicappers joining so that we can get even better gross competitions going in these winter months!

:golfer:

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JNPG Course List (12/30/17)

Real courses (119)

Whistling Straits

Trump National Bedminster Old Course

Spyglass Hill

Quail Hollow Club

University of Georgia Golf Course

Links at Gateway

Smithfields CC

Amana Colonies Golf Club

Pinehurst No 2 v1

Sedgefield CC Ross

Dancing Rabbit (the Azaleas Course)

TPC Potomac at Avenel Farms

Baltusrol Lower TE

Victoria National Golf Club

Cypress Point Club

Royal Birkdale GC

Belle Isles CC East

Pebble Beach Golf Links

Galloway National

Bethpage Black

Bethpage Red

Royal Troon

Georgia Pines Golf Club (ANGC)

TPC Southwind

Jupiter Dunes CC (Jupiter Hills CC)

Plainfield CC

Nonesuch River

Cherry Hills CC

Peachtree Golf Club

Latrobe cc

Sedgefield CC Ross Course

Copperhead CCInnisbrook

Kissing Tree

Pine Lake Golf Club

Highlands v_1c Sunday River Golf Club

Merion Golf Club

Castle Pines

Cliffs at Keeowee Vineyards

East Sussex National West Course

Muirfield Village

Bandon Dunes

Ballyneal

The National Golf Links of America

The Old Course (St. Andrews Old Course)

Meadow Brook

Bandon Trails

Tobacco Road

Chicago Oaks GC (Medinah CC)

Lakes of Taylor

Rhode Island Country Club

TPC Scottsdale stadium

Baltusrol Lower

River Highlands CC (TPC River Highlands)

Orange County CC (Bay Hill Club and Lodge)

Florida Palms GR Blue (Doral Blue Monster)

TPC Deere Run

St Georges (Royal St George's Golf Club)

Orchard Valley

Naples CC Gold (Tiburon Golf Club)

Waialae Country Club

Riviera Country Club

Bear Mountain

Phillips Park

Liberty National GC

East Lake Golf Club

Gary Player CC

Royal Porthcawl

Winged Foot West US Open

Dalhousie GC

Innisbrook GC - Copperhead

Kytaja Golf - South East - Summer

Hanbury Manor

The Grove

Florida Glades CC (TPC Sawgrass)

Southport Links (Royal Birkdale)

Shadowcreek

Hintlesham Golf Club

Centurion

Royal Melbourne (Composite)

Firestone South

Forest Lake G.C.

Shoreacres country club

Heacham Manor

Olympic Golf Course Rio

Satagua_v6ANGC

Pacific Dunes

Carroch Loch V3 (Carnoustie)

Bethesda C.C.

NCR South

Bellerive CC

Massachusetts G.C. (TPC Boston)

Southampton Links (Sebonak GC)

Reserve at Keowee

Trump National at Ferry Point

PGA National Champion

Palm Beach GC (PGA National)

Walker Course

Quaker Ridge

Ocean View v1c (The Samoset Resort - Rockland, Maine)

Illinois CC (Conway Farms GC)

St Enodoc Golf Club

Trump National Coltsneck

Blackwolf Run (River)

TPC San Antonio

Valhalla

Mississippi Dunes Golf Links

S. Portland Municipal

Trapmont Country Club (Oakmont)

FarmLinks

Middleton Hall

ForsGarden GK

Westhaven North v4 (Wenthworth West GC)

North Lakes Resort GC

Spook Rock G.C.

Torrey Pines South

Trump National Hudson Valley

TPC Potomac at Avenel

NCR North

Fishers Island Club

Fictional courses (101)

Whitestone Park Golf Club

null (unnamed)

The Prelude

The Old Warden

Maha Toka

Old Scotch Links

Ddraig Du

Falcon Meadows

Barford Waters_1_3

Nahoon Reef GC

silverdell

Sarbach Peaks_1_7

Outer Island Links

Lands End

Evergreen Park Golf Club

Castle Heights GC

Lost Tracks GC

The Reservoir

Jersey Hills CC

Mulligan Municipal

Cape Fear

Wells Hollows Golf Links

Hazyview Golf Club

Ridgeway Municipal

Halcyon Springs

Crystal Pines

Black Swan

The Glen v1.1

River Bend GC

Mesquite Valley

*** Combine

Aloe Ridge v1

Sapphire Lake GC

Blackface Mountain

Blackface Mountain R

Mount Zanzibar North

Mount Zanzibar South

Old Cragg

Pineapple Lodge-Night

Pineapple Lodge Golf & Spa

Barnacle Bay

Crown Links 2017

Dogma Valley Par 3

The Cheviot G.C.

The Red Tree Club

Mohawk Valley Golf Course

Green Cliffs

Isla San Monique

Castle Black 18 v2

Aroha

Holy Oaks Golf Club

Shipwreck Cove

Heritage Coast Golf Club

MILLSTONE GOLF CLUB

Clay Hill Estates cc

Buzzard Coast cc

Downland Golf Course

Blackwater Creek

Dry Gulch Golf Club

Chop Hills Golf Club

Golden Meadows

Willow Heath

ShadowLands

Hobson House

Flatwater GC

Nautilus Bay

Danville Acres

Brook Vale GC v1.2

Mount Zanzibar Par 3

Port Wenn Links - The Louisa Course

The Glade GC v2

The Grinder G&CC

Gambler's Bay v2.1

Chickadee Golf Club

Dos Lagos v1.3

Skye Dunes GC_v3

PracticeCourse

Falconhead CC v3

Oak Hollow Bv2

Xaxnax Borealis

Royal Juxford

MillGreenGC

Pommeroy

Karen

Hidden Canyon G.C.

Club Schwarzwald

Abbotsley Golf Club

Five Sisters

Castle Morrland

Great River White

Turquoisesea1_11

The Pines Golf Course V1_2

Prison Putt

Glenray

Ayot Lakes GC

Devil's Island

* Driving Range Night

The Lake Course at CatWeazle Hill

* HQ Practice Area

*** Long Drive Course

Long Driving Hole

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Very nice coverage, Drew. I'm glad to see this golf game no longer kept in the dark as the dev team just want to make the most realistic golf experience - not promote it. I too was fooled thinking the simulator forum was impartial, and feel sorry for people trying to recuperate whatever they can on their $1000 TGC licenses when they find out about JNPG.

Whistling Straits and Trump National Bedminster Old Course came out in the last week if you want to add them to the list.

Sadly SkyTrak doesn't yet give a trial - but I can assure if you, if you're a true lover of golf, love to compete and prefer a game doesn't have distance and spin boosts allowed in competition, you won't regret it. OGT is a must.

Drew,

Looking at this

http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/perfect-golf

it seems like even at the Premium Package level, you are limited to those 13 courses that are not user designed. Am I reading this right? How do you get access to all the courses you listed above? Is it different on GC2 vs Skytrak?

Thanks for all this information Drew - as a new owner of a GC2 (with HMT! :) ) I'm very much interested and have started doing research on the best way to start playing some sim golf.

Can you provide a little more detail on what the $20 trial includes? Time -table?

Also this $250 charge is perpetual every year?

Drew,

Looking at this

http://www.skytrakgo...on/perfect-golf

it seems like even at the Premium Package level, you are limited to those 13 courses that are not user designed. Am I reading this right? How do you get access to all the courses you listed above? Is it different on GC2 vs Skytrak?

Not sure if the screen capture will appear but the premium $250 per year option includes all user community designed courses. There are a handful of premium course for purchase from Perfect Golf and they are of high quality.

Nearly everyone here has seen Perfect Parralell's work (developer of Perfect Golf), they do the 3D animated flyovers for the Masters in ESPN. They are using the same engine I believe that they use for the game.

I have been play Perfect Golf for about a year and love it. The courses Drew Posted have all been tested and are of high quality. In order to make it on the OGT download list, you have to go through course testing and approval.

Regarding the costs: $250 is an annual sim pass, so you need to pay it every year. The $35 purchase of the PC game is a one time purchase.

The $20 OGT fre is for a third party group of sim addicts that creates online tournaments and stats. Included in the $20 are:

1). The better OGT interface for connecting the gc2 (it also does course verification to ensure you have th latest version of user designed courses, that part works for skytrak too)

2). Night Range - it's a fitting module that links to the web portal so you can save your range data

3) lots of Conbines - OGT designed the combines and they are excellent for practicing

4). Online tour events including full fed cup style schedule for gross and net, monthly team events such as alt shot, greensome, and scramble both gross and net, exhibitions tournament with hazard, stableford, stroke events, Play with the Pros events when the courses are setup as closed to the event being played that week on the tour.

After you play the tour a bit you realize he $20 per season (two season per year) is a steal.

It's a lot of fun. Most nights you can play with other golfers live multiplayer with microphones and friendly trash talking.

It's a ton of fun!

Thanks for all this information Drew - as a new owner of a GC2 (with HMT! :) ) I'm very much interested and have started doing research on the best way to start playing some sim golf.

Can you provide a little more detail on what the $20 trial includes? Time -table?

$20 trial I think is one week and I think if you request it, I think you get the OGT interface to try out and possibly the combines for that week. Jump into discord and they can confirm it.

Congratulations on the new purchase of the GC2 and HMT. The Free IPAD app from Foresight isn't too bad for free. What software do you have?

Drew,

Looking at this

http://www.skytrakgo...on/perfect-golf

Hey guys, definitely check out Stingreye's post above, as he covered a lot of the info. He's actually the guy that first introduced me to JNPG and OGT, and is a big help!

Butette, Skytrak users can access all of the same courses. JNPG mods have been trying to get Skytrak to update their website, but have not had success with that yet. It's very outdated, to say the least!

Gibbie, the $20 trial is for one week of full access, which you can cancel at anytime. You can continue paying $20/week, or just buy the full version and join us. You'll be hooked, I promise! :)

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

$20 trial I think is one week and I think if you request it, I think you get the OGT interface to try out and possibly the combines for that week. Jump into discord and they can confirm it.

Congratulations on the new purchase of the GC2 and HMT. The Free IPAD app from Foresight isn't too bad for free. What software do you have?

I bought my GC2 used and came with FR1 and also came with TGC! I haven't played any golf yet as I'm learning tons about my swing with HMT and making great improvement with it.

I agree that the IPAD app is awesome and that's really all I've been using lately. Don't even use the "range" in FR1 (yet).

I am still in the process of building my sim so that's also the reason why I haven't spent too much time "golfing".

I bought my GC2 used and came with FR1 and also came with TGC! I haven't played any golf yet as I'm learning tons about my swing with HMT and making great improvement with it.

I agree that the IPAD app is awesome and that's really all I've been using lately. Don't even use the "range" in FR1 (yet).

I am still in the process of building my sim so that's also the reason why I haven't spent too much time "golfing".

Cool! If you need any help getting FR1 up and going let me know. I no longer have FR but have helped several guys get it going (I have FSX still). I think Drew still has FR1.

The biggest eye opener for me with HMT was how big impact location matter with Driver.

Cool! If you need any help getting FR1 up and going let me know. I no longer have FR but have helped several guys get it going (I have FSX still). I think Drew still has FR1.

The biggest eye opener for me with HMT was how big impact location matter with Driver.

I do still have Fr1, but haven't used it since July when I got access to the OGT combines ?

Gibbie feel free to ask any questions that come up as you get your build off the ground!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

The $20 lets you play as much as you wish during the week and OGT will let you use their GC2 interface as well, which shows you all GC2 ball data and HMT club data, plus allows course downloads to be managed. JNPG itself carries the standard 2 week refund period all games on Steam have, but you are limited to 2 hours play.

The $250 is every year, but we all consider it a no-brainer, especially those coming from other sims like E6 where 12-course packs are $400, and FSX, well... Pebble Beach on FSX is currently marked down by $250!

Jump on the discord link though Drew posted and you'll find everyone very welcoming and you'll be able to join one of the regular scrambles that get played - you'll be smiling ear-to-ear after.

The biggest eye opener for me with HMT was how far in-to-out my swing was! I was averaging 5-9* from the inside that explained all of my misses (blocks or overdraws if I didn't match the face to that path). I've been working really hard on neutralizing my path since i got it and have been making great progress. Shot back to back "easy" 74's the last 2 weekends.

Incredible tool.

I'm in to give this a try with the $20 trial once my new replacement screen arrives.

Jump in to Discord and say hey, lots of new guys and vets playing and we're happy to show you the ropes!

Hmm I may have to get back into this been a couple years and was still in beta last time I tried it. Got banned from the golfsimulator forum that does TGC cause the clown running it is POS and was reading peoples private messages

Saw you got back into things today, welcome back to OGT and the GSF Banned Club :rofl:

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

One of the other recent highlights of JNPG/OGT that I wanted to mention was the Ryder Cup. We had 16 guys from a "World" team and 16 from the USA competing in 4 sessions of matches.

Session 1: Alternate Shot at St. Andrews Old Course (World 5, USA 3)

Session 2: 2-man Scramble at Royal Troon (World 7.5, USA 8.5)

Session 3: Alternate Shot at Bear Mountain (World 13.5, USA 10.5)

Session 4: 2-man Scramble at Muirfield Village (World 16.5, USA 15.5)

Session 5: Singles at Whistling Straits (World 26, USA 22)

The event was extremely well put together, and the teams were actually very evenly matched, with the win coming down to the final handful of matches! Team World ended up taking it home, but it was a lot of fun teaming up and I am very much looking forward to our next big team event.

The community and competition are truly second to none!

Here's a great example of what a scramble looks like (link below). While it's possible to have all 4 guys play a live match, given the time zone constraints and challenges involved with the amount of people we had playing in the Ryder Cup, it wasn't required for the teams to play each other "live." Instead, the 2 members from each team just coordinated a time within the session dates and played. The cool thing was that all scores were hidden until the opposing team played their match, but as the team finished each hole, the opposing team's score would be revealed on OGT's live updated scoreboard page, so we could all see exactly where we stood, and guys would be discussing the matches as they happened in Discord. Pretty cool stuff :)

[media=]

[/media]

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

I've playing JNPG with GC2 for 2.5 years now and it's great!!!

Weekly Tournaments

Play with the Pro's (match PGA tour with the pro's on the leaderboard)

Closest to the pin every week

Long Drive Comps

Ryder Cup matches

Plus lots of online multi player games

10X better than TGC. Alot of guys have migrated from TGC to JNPG due to better physics, NO CHEATING and a community that doesn't moderate or censor your opinions.

1 Week trial for $20, worth checking out.

I wish I had room in my home for a simulator setup. Interestingly enough, the winter facility I frequent has this technology for rent. (I'm not sure if it is setup for online play).

I played around with it one day and it took a little to get used to where to aim to achieve what felt like the ballflight for that swing. Drew, do you find much difference between the indoor recorded and calculated flight and that outdoors on what feels like similar swings?

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I wish I had room in my home for a simulator setup. Interestingly enough, the winter facility I frequent has this technology for rent. (I'm not sure if it is setup for online play).

I played around with it one day and it took a little to get used to where to aim to achieve what felt like the ballflight for that swing. Drew, do you find much difference between the indoor recorded and calculated flight and that outdoors on what feels like similar swings?

Q I wish you had room in your house too, I'd love to have you playing the tour events! It'd be a blast to compete with you :)

The only difference in ball flight indoors vs out that I see is that the GC2 (launch monitor) is slightly draw-biased I believe. I haven't seen a side-by-side comparison with Trackman or anything, but I would be surprised if something like that didn't confirm what I feel. I know some of the other low or + cappers have mentioned the same thing.

With that said, part of me wonders if it has to do with just swinging indoors vs out, especially where alignment is concerned. My aim line indoors is about 5 feet in front of the ball, so I think it would be very easy to have baseline shifted a bit right of the actual target down-range. I have been wanting to experiment with this indoors vs. out, but just haven't taken my GC2 to an outdoor range yet and messed around with alignment/sight lines.

As far as JNPG is concerned, it is just going off of what the launch monitor tells it via interface, so what I see when playing is exactly what I would expect based on what the LM is spitting out. I think the physics in the game are very good. The only area that everyone has identified as an issue is in the short game physics, if you are well below the green, you'll get some inconsistent spin now and then as Poser mentioned above. Sometimes they bounce once and check up hard, other times they roll out. That's frustrating but it is being worked on!

Overall I am extremely happy with the experience! Maybe even to a fault lol. If the weather outdoors is even a little crappy, I'd much rather be playing in the garage :rofl:

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

First post here. Thank you so much Drew for creating this thread. It's tough to get the word out about JNGP and OGT Tours. JNPG is full featured simulator software, which allows OGT to do so much for our tour site. For those that have kids that play, we've just started a Kids Tour. Kids play 9 holes from distances of 1000 yards or less. I will post a few leaderboards to give an idea of some of the things we do.

Current FedEx tournament leaderboard (Muirfield Village):

cxWwpDF.jpg

Current longest drive leaderboard (NOTE: Hole is about 40ft downhill and 30 mph tail wind)

HDK49bt.jpg

JNPG Kids Tour info:

http://onlinegolftou...7&t=3655#p44334

jhLYrtb.jpg

LOL! I am WRX long in the Long Drive...... :superman:

although there was a 30 MPH tail wind with hard fairways and it was downhill.... :swoon: The only thing missing was hosting it at Cherry Hills to get the elevation too! (Cherry hills is crazy to play in JNPG because it has elevation effect when you play there, great course on PG though. Its tough to judge your irons on due to the elevation change).

Waiting to see what Drew puts up in the Long Drive.....

To give an idea, even though I swing out of my shoes for the long drive. I hit driver around 160 ball speed and usually around 270-280 IRL on well hit drives and that about what I see in the game.

Kids tour is pretty cool! My daughter is just about ready to give the kids tour an attempt! Sim golf is great way for kids to get into the game.

Glad I came across the thread. I've recently opened a golf simulator in our clubhouse for the winter months. Have been a set up and running for about a month now and things are going good. I've got 2 gc2's (left and right handed golfers) and running the fsx software. I'd like to try out different software but not sure if they will allow 2 gc2's to be connected at the same time, does anyone know if that's possible. Even without it I might just download jnpg to play on my own.

I’ve had the GC2 and JNPG sim software for about 5 months now. I’m not sure how I ever lived without them. I’m spending this Chiberia winter hitting golf balls every day and feel better than ever about the upcoming golf season. My favorite aspects of JNPG are the extensive catalog of real golf courses (not only tour courses but other architecturally significant courses), the ability to design your own courses, the Combine feature, the OGT tour and the OGT community.

I thought the draw thing was just me. When I purchased the GC2 I noticed that right away even was on support with foresight because of it. It is very draw biased.

Yup. I don't feel like it messes me up going from indoors to out, but it is a noticeable feature of the GC2.

I don't want this thread to get off topic into launch monitor territory too much, but I thought this video was interesting. GCQuad is definitely more draw-biased than Trackman indoors it would appear.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x