Bridgestone X-CBP Anyone???

Timastyle

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen those listings and what has helped me narrow down my shaft options. What I was uncertain of is if these are custom done through B'Stone or if the seller assembles them. Thanks for sharing!

I would have to believe that the seller orders them direct from Bridgestone Japan and they assemble them, not the seller. Just like if you were to find a local shop that can order them for you. If I am wrong, and the seller assembles them, I would shy away. Maybe someone else could chime in with how that works through Rakuten.

You are correct it is the manufacturer that assemble the order. Most often you will find some comment by the seller on their page how long it takes for the order to filled and shipped to you. Depending on the seller and clubs you are getting anywhere from 2-6 weeks. BUt in any case if you want to be sure you can simply ask the seller who assembles the club.

I already bought the set from Rakuten. Could also be that the seller isn't providing me the correct information. We'll check everything once the set gets here but super excited.

You should be hyped up about those, they are going to be sweet! I'd go ahead and play them at the built length, it's only a 1/4 inch and keep your swing weights as they are. Can't wait to see them, any eta?

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| UST Mamiya Recoil ES SW 780 F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I'm super pumped about these irons. Shafts are a shot in the dark, but have a feeling they'll be alright. If nothing else, I figure I can pull them and get a set of Modus 3 120 that I had in my old DPC irons and enjoy them. Will need to get my Srixons listed soon too.

No ETA on when I'll get it, but card was finally processed last night, so should be shipped soon. I can't read Japanese and when I click on what looks to be there the tracking would go, it says invalid number, but I take it as the equivalent of printing a shipping label, but not having in the hands of the USPS. The number is generated, but not in the system to actually track. I know it's year end there too, so could cause some delays. Hoping I get it in the next few weeks.

Thanks Bravo! It is with EMS, but I don't have a number yet that I'm able to make out. In my orders section on Rakuten, I see a link which have a truck with it, so I'm assuming that's the shipping info, but when I click on it, it says the number isn't valid. Like I said, I'm not worried about it and it'll show soon enough. I'm not in a big rush to get them, but am super excited.

Got the irons and took them out to the range. Hit them side by side with the Z765 PW and Z565 6i. They seem to be on par with the Z565 in terms of forgiveness. The ball flight is also higher on the these than the others, but it's a nice flight. I had maybe one ball that may have ballooned/floated a little on me, but all in all, they seemed to be solid. The soles are considerably wider than the Srixons. I'll be curious how the turf interaction is on grass as my range has mats. Pretty happy on initial go around.

The condition of them was definitely better than expected. The rating from the seller was a "C", but the pics showed them in pretty good shape, so I didn't know what to expect. Definitely more like the pics than the rating. Couldn't be happier about the condition.

How do these compare size wise to the z565s? Are the faces more compact?

Thanks!

Randy

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

They are about the same. I'll try and get some side by side pics posted up tonight. I think I may have sold it the Srixons, but can take the pics before packing them up. One thing I did notice on these is that I can sometimes see the cavity at address (may have been me and my setup), but something I didn't experience previously with the Srixons. It's not bad at all though.

• 2 weeks later...

My pleasure! You definitely see the "B" bump in the cavity though in the 4-6i but it's not terrible. More something you just see.

So far with a few range sessions I'm happy with them. Now I'll be playing in a week or so to see real life course experience.

Mr. Timastyle, any new thoughts, experiences, changes, etc... with the new Bridgestones?

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

pjc - More range sessions in the books but haven't had a chance to go play yet. Hoping to go in the next couple weeks. From the range, I really like them. They're definitely on par with the Z565 in terms of forgiveness and not the jacked up lofts which is exactly what I was looking for. The heads will stay no matter what.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I like the shafts. Not sure how I feel about them. They have somewhat of a hollow feel to them to me (maybe the iron design has something or all to do with it) and my joints still hurt after a range sessions compared to the SF I had previously. Not hurting like DG shafts but not as smooth as the SF. I also am considering heavier shafts. While these are progressive, they are still light and with my aggressive transition, it can cause some wayward shots (it's never the Indian right?). I won't do anything until a few rounds played but tempted to go back to the Modus 3 120 or even give the 130s a go. Time will tell.

Hope this helps.

pjc - More range sessions in the books but haven't had a chance to go play yet. Hoping to go in the next couple weeks. From the range, I really like them. They're definitely on par with the Z565 in terms of forgiveness and not the jacked up lofts which is exactly what I was looking for. The heads will stay no matter what.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I like the shafts. Not sure how I feel about them. They have somewhat of a hollow feel to them to me (maybe the iron design has something or all to do with it) and my joints still hurt after a range sessions compared to the SF I had previously. Not hurting like DG shafts but not as smooth as the SF. I also am considering heavier shafts. While these are progressive, they are still light and with my aggressive transition, it can cause some wayward shots (it's never the Indian right?). I won't do anything until a few rounds played but tempted to go back to the Modus 3 120 or even give the 130s a go. Time will tell.

Hope this helps.

Nice to hear. I predict you move back to a Nippon shaft, not a bad move...ever! The 120 is a great shaft if you are not a low ball hitter. I played them for a short stint, but I couldn't get them to be consistent for me for some reason. I enjoy the 1050 more, it's a forgiving shaft. Meaning, if I make a really bad swing/strike and contact is really bad, the result is never as bad as previously played DG type shafts. You may want to give a try and hunt some down. You can buy a set brand new from some websites. Keep in mind, that they weigh about the same as the Modus 120 after cut to length because the raw length is shorter. Constant weight shafts is the way to go, even though in theory I do like the Ascending weight deal.

I forgot to mention, that you may want to try the NS Pro 1150 tour as well before jumping back to Modus land. You can buy those from Golfworks brand new for around $25 a shaft I believe. They have a really stiff butt end though, and you feel it, but they are easy to swing.

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

pjc - Thanks for the info but curious why you think the non-Modus line is the better choice. Is it just because of forgiveness? I'm a bit of a low/mid ball flight and that's definitely has changed at the range with the MCI Black shafts. I'm ok with a mid flight and got that with the 120s in X flex. Shafts in X flex are 120g. I'm also curious about the 130s in stiff. They're 124g and said to play like Project X and while I loved them, they were no good on my joints.

Bravo - I didn't have much joint pain at all with the Modus 120s which is why I'd consider going back to them. Do the recoils have a similar hollow feel as the MCI shafts?

pjc - Thanks for the info but curious why you think the non-Modus line is the better choice. Is it just because of forgiveness? I'm a bit of a low/mid ball flight and that's definitely has changed at the range with the MCI Black shafts. I'm ok with a mid flight and got that with the 120s in X flex. Shafts in X flex are 120g. I'm also curious about the 130s in stiff. They're 124g and said to play like Project X and while I loved them, they were no good on my joints.

Bravo - I didn't have much joint pain at all with the Modus 120s which is why I'd consider going back to them. Do the recoils have a similar hollow feel as the MCI shafts?

I just think from my experience, if you can give the 1150GH Tours a try, they will give you a mid ball flight. They weigh 116 grams in stiff, and will play similar to a DG shaft, but with a little higher flight, better feel. Just a suggestion, some of the older NS Pro shafts are just as good as some of the Modus line. It of course depends on the player, the Modus is the "hot" ticket right now and has been for a little while. With that said if you can get the performance you want at a lower price point why not? The 1150 in stiff is definitely more stiff in the butt section and you will feel it, but the tip is not as stiff, but not at all wild. I think they feel a lot like the Modus 105, but with more weight.

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I've been playing the Modus 120 since 2010 or 2011 off and on and really got along well with them, which is why I'd like to stick with the Modus line, not because of the hot commodity. Never tried the 130s but something is drawing me to it. May get a iron shafted with it first and see how I get along.

I've been playing the Modus 120 since 2010 or 2011 off and on and really got along well with them, which is why I'd like to stick with the Modus line, not because of the hot commodity. Never tried the 130s but something is drawing me to it. May get a iron shafted with it first and see how I get along.

I got you, and I know where you are coming from as far as that comfort level with a certain shaft. When I was getting my J15 CB's, as far as I was concerned I had 3 choices, the stock DG Pro, Modus 120, and the 1050. All no upcharge, I almost went with the Modus 120, but had a bit of a bad experience with them around the 2011 time frame. I had been playing the 1050 for years and was comfortable with it, so it won out and I have been very pleased with it. So at the end of the day, I say go with your gut and what you already know, you will happier in the long run. Nippon shafts are incredible feeling and forgiving if a shaft can actually be that. Maybe the 130 will work for you, hard to say, but from what I have gathered it is a way more demanding profile than the 120. All around heavier and stiffer and requires a good amount of lag in the swing to have them work properly. Good luck, and hope to hear some further news with the X-CBP's!

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

So I went to Golf Galaxy this morning to get on the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and my numbers were 2.33, 2.33, 4.33, 4.67 average with a SS of 93.67. The SS seems high to me but my carry is about 185 so maybe not?

Top 3 shafts were C Taper Lite X, Modus 105 X and Project X 6.0 in that order. They didn't have the Modus 130s in their fitting cart to try (or any fitting cart for that matter) so not sure where those would fall. I also didn't ask to see the graphite recommendations so if anyone has insight to the optimizer numbers, perhaps you can help me with these 2 items.

Thanks in advance!

So I went to Golf Galaxy this morning to get on the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and my numbers were 2.33, 2.33, 4.33, 4.67 average with a SS of 93.67. The SS seems high to me but my carry is about 185 so maybe not?

Top 3 shafts were C Taper Lite X, Modus 105 X and Project X 6.0 in that order. They didn't have the Modus 130s in their fitting cart to try (or any fitting cart for that matter) so not sure where those would fall. I also didn't ask to see the graphite recommendations so if anyone has insight to the optimizer numbers, perhaps you can help me with these 2 items.

Thanks in advance!

In my experiences, the Mizuno shaft optimizer has been helpful, but not totally accurate. It is a good tool to go by, I give it that. I have gone in to many Golf stores and used it on many different irons. Personally, I don't or won't rely on a computer generated shaft optimizer, it's all about feel to me. The Modus 105X may be your ticket, to me it feels a little butt stiff like the 1150. To summarize, I was "fitted" into the NS Pro 1150 stiff with the JPX 850 forged. When I got out on the course with them it was a complete nightmare. It may have been a combo of the shaft and the iron, but I knew it was not going to work. The J15 CB's to me were easier to hit and swing than the Mizuno's and I'm glad I went with the 1050 shaft. I still don't think it's perfect, but the J15's are and I am ok with that. Your swing speed is kind of high if that was with a 6 iron, I swing in the mid 80's, so the Modus 105 is what I would be digging into for yourself. They are tight, even though light...just my thoughts.

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

Thanks for the info. I'm not taking it as absolute but a starting point. The issue I have is that the 130s aren't an option for Mizuno so I don't know how they stack up.

As far as the SS, I don't know how accurate it is. On the LM, it's in the mid-80s so when he put 93 on the screen, I wasn't totally believing it.

Just got back from a round of golf and shot one of my best scores to date and ended with a 81 on par 72. Course was short playing at just over 5800 yards but there was a lot of elevation change and a bit more like target golf. Used a lot of long irons off the tee.

I'm very impressed with both the heads and shafts. The irons are very forgiving for me. I'd equate these to say a Callaway pro series in forgiveness. Anywhere near the middle of the face and you're good. Big misses are bad no matter what you use. My only gripe if I were to knit pick about something is that you can't really feel where you hit the ball on the face unless you're way off center but so long as they deliver results, it doesn't bother me and these definitely deliver.

The shafts were great too. Not much lateral changes with baby draws/fades all day. Height, flight and feel were excellent.

This combo is a winner and I'm extremely happy overall. Don't think there's a need to look for different shafts anymore. ?