Brooks Koepka

bigeasy

To crack the top 10 is easy? Ok Vinny

And why do you (jerseyboy) keep bringing up how hyped brooks is/was? He wasn't hyped much at all before the US Open, and he's done nothing but perform since then. You also missed the point on Day being on tour 10 years vs. Brooks for 3 years.

You and VinDog have got to be trolling at this point.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To crack the top 10 is easy? Ok Vinny

And why do you (jerseyboy) keep bringing up how hyped brooks is/was? He wasn't hyped much at all before the US Open, and he's done nothing but perform since then. You also missed the point on Day being on tour 10 years vs. Brooks for 3 years.

You and VinDog have got to be trolling at this point.

"Easy" in quotes. brah If The Most Overrated Player In The History of Golf (Rickie Fowler) can do it how hard can it be? Okay that was a joke.

but seriously. Some good finishes and just one win can get you there. Staying there and moving up from there is a different story.

And I spell My name with an"ie" not a "y" :drinks:

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Brooks has only been on the PGA Tour for 3 years. Jason Day has been on the PGA Tour for a decade. How is the world ranking meaningless? It reflects who's played better over the last 2 years, Brooks has the same number of wins, more second place finishes and the same number of 3rd place finishes. And all of Days wins came 2 years ago.

Wait so you're saying that Day has won significantly more than Brooks has in the same time frame, but we should swallow the hype about Brooks? Huh?

Within 3 years once guy wins 10 PGA Tour Events and a Major and the other wins 2 PGA Tour Events and one Major and now has a better World Ranking now. And this is something that is to be taken seriously? Makes sense.

Huh. Please go back and read what I said. Jason Day has been on the PGA Tour 10 years. Brooks has been on the PGA Tour only 3 years. Where in the hell do you get Day won 10 PGA Tour events in his first 3 years on tour? Jason Day only won 2 events in his first SIX years on tour.

Brooks has the SAME number of wins and MORE second place finishes than Day does in the last 2 years. And Day didn't win at all last year. That is why his world ranking is higher.

Please reread what I wrote. You missed it.

Jersey Boy, OWGR is only a 24 month cycle and points start to depreciate after 13 weeks. So, the most weight is on the most recent events. Maybe you knew that, I'm just throwing it out there.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

I see where it's ranked. Slightly better than an opposite field event, possibly on par with The John Deere taking onto consideration it's rating, which deserves some credit for sure. Reality is though, it's not enough points. Dropped a spot just 2 weeks later.

I dunno. I've said before that to crack the top 10 you can do it rather "easily" with a few high finishes and just one win. To move around within the top 10 you need to keep it up or you'll slip

No you can’t. One of my students had 4 top 10 finishes in his last 5 events, including a 2nd place finish and four of them were Rolex events. He also has had a win in his last 11 events.

Overall this year he’s had 2 wins, 2 second place finishes, a third place finish and 3 other top 10 finishes. He’s in top 100 but not even close to top 10. One win and a few high finishes will not get you into the top 10.

It’d currently take a minimum 223 points to get into the top 10, which would be for example 2 WGC wins, 1 win in a smaller PGA Tour event and around 5 other top 10 finishes. So 3 wins and 5 other top 10s MIGHT get you into the top 10 of the OWGR.

Brooks has only been on the PGA Tour for 3 years. Jason Day has been on the PGA Tour for a decade. How is the world ranking meaningless? It reflects who's played better over the last 2 years, Brooks has the same number of wins, more second place finishes and the same number of 3rd place finishes. And all of Days wins came 2 years ago.

Wait so you're saying that Day has won significantly more than Brooks has in the same time frame, but we should swallow the hype about Brooks? Huh?

Within 3 years once guy wins 10 PGA Tour Events and a Major and the other wins 2 PGA Tour Events and one Major and now has a better World Ranking now. And this is something that is to be taken seriously? Makes sense.

Huh. Please go back and read what I said. Jason Day has been on the PGA Tour 10 years. Brooks has been on the PGA Tour only 3 years. Where in the hell do you get Day won 10 PGA Tour events in his first 3 years on tour? Jason Day only won 2 events in his first SIX years on tour.

Brooks has the SAME number of wins and MORE second place finishes than Day does in the last 2 years. And Day didn't win at all last year. That is why his world ranking is higher.

Please reread what I wrote. You missed it.

I did read it and it makes zero sense. Day didn’t win 10 times in 3 years. Over the period the ranking counts, the last two years, Brooks has the same number of wins, but more recently, and more top finishes. Within Day’s first 3 years on tour he’d won once, and within his first 6 years on tour he’d won twice. Brooks in his first 3 years has had a better career than Day did in his first 6 years on tour.

I see where it's ranked. Slightly better than an opposite field event, possibly on par with The John Deere taking onto consideration it's rating, which deserves some credit for sure. Reality is though, it's not enough points. Dropped a spot just 2 weeks later.

I dunno. I've said before that to crack the top 10 you can do it rather "easily" with a few high finishes and just one win. To move around within the top 10 you need to keep it up or you'll slip

No you can't. One of my students had 4 top 10 finishes in his last 5 events, including a 2nd place finish and four of them were Rolex events. He also has had a win in his last 11 events.

Overall this year he's had 2 wins, 2 second place finishes, a third place finish and 3 other top 10 finishes. He's in top 100 but not even close to top 10. One win and a few high finishes will not get you into the top 10.

It'd currently take a minimum 223 points to get into the top 10, which would be for example 2 WGC wins, 1 win in a smaller PGA Tour event and around 5 other top 10 finishes. So 3 wins and 5 other top 10s MIGHT get you into the top 10 of the OWGR.

I assumed it was a given that weren't taking about guys ranked 100 or so, of course you're right.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

Until his ranking becomes 10th or worse it has continued to improve from where it was after the US Open.

Didn't it go from 10th to 11th to 12th shortly after The US Open?

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

And the reason Koepka dropped a spot was that Rickie Fowler won the Hero and passed him in the rankings.

No you can't. One of my students had 4 top 10 finishes in his last 5 events, including a 2nd place finish and four of them were Rolex events. He also has had a win in his last 11 events.

Overall this year he's had 2 wins, 2 second place finishes, a third place finish and 3 other top 10 finishes. He's in top 100 but not even close to top 10. One win and a few high finishes will not get you into the top 10.

It'd currently take a minimum 223 points to get into the top 10, which would be for example 2 WGC wins, 1 win in a smaller PGA Tour event and around 5 other top 10 finishes. So 3 wins and 5 other top 10s MIGHT get you into the top 10 of the OWGR.

I assumed it was a given that weren't taking about guys ranked 100 or so, of course you're right.

How do you think you get into the top 100? He had to do all that just to get into the top 100. To get into the top 10 next year he’d have to win a major and finish runner up in a WGC, win 2 WGC events or win at least 4 PGA Tour events. So a player who is already ranked 63rd would have to win 4 or more PGA Tour events, multiple WGC events, or one major and top finishes in other big events to move into he top 10. And that’s in addition to the multiple wins and second place finishes he already has.

For some PGA Tour rookies if they won TWO majors they likely still wouldn’t be top 10. It’s not one win and a few good finishes, that likely would barely get you into the top 100 in the OWGR.

Xander had 2 wins, a second, and a third place finish and isn’t in the top 25 of the OWGR, and one of those was he Tour Championship

Until his ranking becomes 10th or worse it has continued to improve from where it was after the US Open.

And it’s 8th now. Has it not continued to improve since the US open where he moved up to 10th? Again. Continued to improve doesn’t mean continuously improving. Like I said before I worded my statements the way I did for a reason. You continue to make yourself look foolish and ignorant while you attempt to be a troll.

And it’s 8th now. Has it not continued to improve since the US open where he moved up to 10th? Again. Continued to improve doesn’t mean continuously improving. Like I said before I worded my statements the way I did for a reason. You continue to make yourself look foolish and ignorant while you attempt to be a troll.

Sir, while I am not always 100% serious in threads, I do not troll. You said until it becomes 10th or worse after the US Open, and it did that just a few weeks after the Open. Maybe i am misunderstanding here, but I guess it continued to improve from 12th?

It was just a question. Just a question. I didn't insinuate anything, I didn't attack your methodology. Maybe, I was looking for some clarity or something that might help me understand what the disconnect is here. I didn't call you any names or foolish or arrogant or ignorant. Can you say the same, sir?

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

Sir, while I am not always 100% serious in threads, I do not troll. You said until it becomes 10th or worse after the US Open, and it did that just a few weeks after the Open. Maybe i am misunderstanding here, but I guess it continued to improve from 12th?

It was just a question. Just a question. I didn't insinuate anything, I didn't attack your methodology. Maybe, I was looking for some clarity or something that might help me understand what the disconnect is here. I didn't call you any names or foolish or arrogant or ignorant. Can you say the same, sir?

Maybe you should sign up for a lesson with this guy ; )

Diesel-dog! Hope you and yours are well.

And it's 8th now. Has it not continued to improve since the US open where he moved up to 10th? Again. Continued to improve doesn't mean continuously improving. Like I said before I worded my statements the way I did for a reason. You continue to make yourself look foolish and ignorant while you attempt to be a troll.

Maybe you should sign up for a lesson with this guy ; )

Diesel-dog! Hope you and yours are well.

I would but I'm afraid there's a language barrier! (joke)

We doing alright. Made it through the cold, didn't get much done though.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

It was just a question. Just a question. I didn't insinuate anything, I didn't attack your methodology, I didn't call you any names or foolish or arrogant or ignorant. Can you say the same, sir?

No you’re clearly trolling and “misunderstanding” on purpose. I’ve already explained exactly what I meant multiple times yet you keep quoting the same thing over and over. That is the definition of trolling. Again do you not think I looked at the same chart you are looking at before I made my statement? I worded things the way I did for a reason.

How many times do I have to tell you the same exact thing. Continuing to improve isn’t the same thing as continuously improving. Brooks has continued to improve his ranking after his US Open win, but his ranking has not continuously moved in the positive direction.

I never called you arrogant. You made multiple ignorant/foolish statements about he OWGR which were easily proven to be false.

Wow guy. Take. it. Easy.

Maybe, just maybe, that's what I was not understanding. Maybe I wanted to clear it up further, if it was a matter of semantics. Maybe, ,just maybe, sometimes people need to be shown more than once, or maybe in a different manner to digest things. Surely you must have come across that in teaching? I know I have when I was a coach. You don't get to make the determination as to whether or not I am intentionally being obtuse, sometimes people just don't understand, or even agree

Could you be any more of an uppity jerk right now?

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

When he gets 6 PGA wins or drops out of the top 10 I'm sure we can revisit and have another rousing discussion. But until then you do you, and I'll do me.

:wave:

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

Wow guy. Take. it. Easy.

Maybe, just maybe, that's what I was not understanding. Maybe I wanted to clear it up further, if it was a matter of semantics. Maybe, ,just maybe, sometimes people need to be shown more than once, or maybe in a different manner to digest things. Surely you must have come across that in teaching? I know I have when I was a coach. You don't get to make the determination as to whether or not I am intentionally being obtuse, sometimes people just don't understand, or even agree

I explained it the exact same way multiple times. You went back and quoted the same post that I already explained what I meant in the same way previously. I already told you what I meant and that continuined to improve and continuously improving are two different things. You can disagree all you want but to continue to quote the same post over and over after already given multiple explanations is trolling. Especially when trying to pick apart one part of one sentence in a paragraph over and over that had very little to do with the actual point of the post.

Funny thing is I’m perfectly calm and “taking it easy”.

I was a ref in a local boxing club my department sponsored. If you guys need my help send me a PM.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Wow guy. Take. it. Easy.

You are trolling, its clear as day.

Give. It. Up.

I do wonder whether some of the posters in here are as hostile in 'real life'. Must be a stressful way to live.

Not when you can relax walking with a full staff bag and shoot 131 combined when you get in a quick 36 after work in 2:45 at a leisurely pace. And you still have plenty of time with your family and play 280 rounds a year. And you know it’s not an issue with your family because your wife’s boyfriend told you so.

Hasn't Brooks said himself that he doesn't like to practice golf? Considering it's the "offseason", I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that he's been doing a lot of whatever it is that he likes to do besides golf. He seems to me like a guy whose athletic ability will separate him from most when his head is in it (like majors) and will struggle those weeks when he'd rather be doing something else.

https://www.google.c...ng-baseball/amp

Finishes his career with less than 6 PGAt wins, the way I see it.

A major and 2 PGA T wins, most would take that in a heart beat !!

Man, I thought this was about a wrist injury yesterday?

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5* @ 8.5* - Fuji Blue Velocore+ 6s  tipped 1"

2021 Callaway UW 17* & 21* - Fuji Red Ventus Velocore 7X
Callaway Apex TCB  4-pw - Steelfiber i110cw S hard stepped 1"  &  BStone J15CBs 4-pw - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120x

Callaway Jaws Forged TI red dots 52@50/56@55/60*& Jaws Raw Z grind 60*z, DG TI S400

2021 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K DW & 2021 Eleven slant neck
Ball: 2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X -tested, great feel & spin!

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.

He also won an event by lapping the field less than 2 months ago. He will be fine

Willett won a Masters, proving just about anyone can have an amazing run and then fall flat. So?

Willett was handed a Masters.

Nobody hands you anything if you are on the 16th tee at the Masters. Lol what PJ Willett said still hurts :D

And why do you (jerseyboy) keep bringing up how hyped brooks is/was?

I remember that every single time he was shown in an event the announcers would just GUSH about how he is the next sensation, blah, blah, blah. Then he would lose. Then the next event he was in, same thing. Then the next, and the next. Then he won a Major and everyone was like, "I TOLD YOU SO!!". It was downright comical.

Btw, not trolling. I love how if you don't have the same opinion as the majority, you MUST be a troll. Even if the majority is wrong.

And why do you (jerseyboy) keep bringing up how hyped brooks is/was?

I remember that every single time he was shown in an event the announcers would just GUSH about how he is the next sensation, blah, blah, blah. Then he would lose. Then the next event he was in, same thing. Then the next, and the next. Then he won a Major and everyone was like, "I TOLD YOU SO!!". It was downright comical.

Btw, not trolling. I love how if you don't have the same opinion as the majority, you MUST be a troll. Even if the majority is wrong.

What you remember never happened.