2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Ping Vault 2.0 putters (thanks, tod071)

GolfWRX

Great pics, beautiful putters. Unfortunately for me, I absolutely hated my Vault Oslo platinum. Thought the feel would exceed the Sigma G...not so much. Would be tempted to go back later this year and try a 2.0. I'm pretty much Ping thru the bag except for most wedges. Thanks for the pics!

It’s weird that you say that. I have the exact same putter and love it!! Rolls the ball smooth and super easy to line up. I did take the sight line out though

Why everybody loves the B60?!

The Anser and Voss are just gorgeous!!

To answer your question about the B60, personally, I actually never looked at B60s seriously and was always an Anser 2/Newport 2 player. Putted OK, but not great.

This might be a bit of a threadjack (sorry), but it's somewhat related. I decided to go a bit crazy train and actually get fit for a putter a few years back.

This is what happened:

• Went to Golf Town and purchased something like 10 putters (no lie here). I selected various models...all the ones that I putted well with on the store's practice green, or simply ones that were popular on tour or GolfWRX.
  • Cashier looked at me like I was insane. Didn't matter, take the credit card, OK? Told them I was going for a fitting and was going to filter through all of them and buy the one I got fit for.
  • Brought them to the fitting, and we went through all the purchased putters plus some they had at the fitting studio, plus ones from my collection (a few Scotty NP2s, Golo, Ping Anser 2s, and Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs 1 wide). There were a LOT of models we went through.
  • We filtered through all of them, putting all rejected ones to the back of line on the wall
  • Turns out I fit best into the B60. I consistently aimed it the best of all models we tried (they used a laser device attached to the face of the putter), and I set up to the stock B60's length and lie almost perfectly.

For me, there's something perfect about the B60's slightly longer sight line combined with the plumber's neck (I'm right eye dominant), as well as it's very slight toe hang which is less than a standard Anser/Anser 2, but more than a face balanced model.

If you like a slight mid-mallet design, try out the B60 or Odyssey 330m O-works black. They work really well for me and have really improved my aim. I believe the B60, Odyssey 1 wide, 330m, and O-Works 7s black all have that slight toe hang which may work for some players.

Back on topic, these Vault 2.0s look phenomenal. I absolutely have to pick up that black B60.

Never liked the look of the B60 but now I can't take my mind off it after reading this :-)

I just haven't found anything from Ping that I like better than my Redwood Anser.

I couldn’t agree more. Feel is subjective and I love the feel of milled blade putters. I tested the Redwood Anser, Anser Milled, Vault Anser 2, anser tr 1966, SC Studio Stainless, Studio select, Cleveland classic and Cleveland Huntington Beach against one another.

The Redwood Anser won it for me while the Anser Milled was a close second. I was a little underwhelmed when I got my hands on a Vault Anser 2 with a PP58 midsize grip. It felt good but not great.

Don’t get me wrong, these Vault putters look and feel very good but for me, the feel and performance is not as good as the Redwood.

Harry

I just haven't found anything from Ping that I like better than my Redwood Anser.

I couldn't agree more. Feel is subjective and I love the feel of milled blade putters. I tested the Redwood Anser, Anser Milled, Vault Anser 2, anser tr 1966, SC Studio Stainless, Studio select, Cleveland classic and Cleveland Huntington Beach against one another.

The Redwood Anser won it for me while the Anser Milled was a close second. I was a little underwhelmed when I got my hands on a Vault Anser 2 with a PP58 midsize grip. It felt good but not great.

Don't get me wrong, these Vault putters look and feel very good but for me, the feel and performance is not as good as the Redwood.

Harry

You have to get rid of the original grip for the feel of the Vaults to come alive.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I posted earlier in this thread about the Dalehead mainly because my first reaction was disappointed. I thought about it some more and here’s my opinion:

1. Dale Anser ... I dislike the name

2. The bumpers are my biggest issue. I get they’re not going to be hand shaped but they could be more rounded on the outside edge. Hard to explain without knowing the correct terminology so my apologies.

3. The milling/material. It would have been really nice to get a Dalehead putter that’s milled SS similar to the Redwoods. Make it have some light mill work to finish it off.

This being said I will never putt with a ZB as it doesn’t fit me well but I love the look of it and I think it really stands out in this release. Some good stuff from Ping with interchangeable weights finally.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

I posted earlier in this thread about the Dalehead mainly because my first reaction was disappointed. I thought about it some more and here's my opinion:

1. Dale Anser ... I dislike the name

2. The bumpers are my biggest issue. I get they're not going to be hand shaped but they could be more rounded on the outside edge. Hard to explain without knowing the correct terminology so my apologies.

3. The milling/material. It would have been really nice to get a Dalehead putter that's milled SS similar to the Redwoods. Make it have some light mill work to finish it off.

This being said I will never putt with a ZB as it doesn't fit me well but I love the look of it and I think it really stands out in this release. Some good stuff from Ping with interchangeable weights finally.

Now I understand you completely! The name and the bumpers don't bother me but, I WAS hoping for a nice milled 303 stainless Dale Anser with a line.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

Ping is not going to leave Anser off one of the bumpers. Just because it has Dale on one side doesn't mean they intend for it to be called a Dale Anser. Just like the 59 series wasn't called a Karsten Anser and Karsten line wasn't called a USA Anser. This will be the Vault 2.0 Anser, at least that's how I see it.

People gripe about the silliness things. You want more shaped bumpers? Send it to get aftermarket work done and refinished. You don't like the tr grooves? Then have Ping make you a custom 303ss with the face milling of your choice. But don't complain when costs $2000. And don't tell me they won't make the Lingmerth shape because this is now a production putter and this putter is identical in shape as posted here. Get ahold of the right person and it will be done.

Ping is not going to leave Anser off one of the bumpers. Just because it has Dale on one side doesn't mean they intend for it to be called a Dale Anser. Just like the 59 series wasn't called a Karsten Anser and Karsten line wasn't called a USA Anser. This will be the Vault 2.0 Anser, at least that's how I see it.

People gripe about the silliness things. You want more shaped bumpers? Send it to get aftermarket work done and refinished. You don't like the tr grooves? Then have Ping make you a custom 303ss with the face milling of your choice. But don't complain when costs $2000. And don't tell me they won't make the Lingmerth shape because this is now a production putter and this putter is identical in shape as posted here. Get ahold of the right person and it will be done.

Maybe now they will make the Lingmerth putter but I called Ping several times in 2017 and the answer was always no. Also if people are going to send in a retail putter for aftermarket work on the bumpers they mine as well buy a custom putter as you’ll be at that price already.

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)

Exactly. If a person is a nitpicker then they should find a custom putter maker that will build to their exact wants.

And Ping will more than often tell you no. You will have to go through an account that has more pull, like Mortons via seannie.

I emailed Seannie as well and I was told Ping told them no as well. Just to clarify Lingmerths putter is considered an Anser F which is different than what they just released I believe. Anyways that email exchange was from 2016 (I have it saved) so maybe the answer will be different today? I’ll at least check.

I'd say you will be offered one this spring if you try.

I remember in the beginning of 2016 they called his putter an anser f. I've looked at every picture and can't see a difference in the shape of his and the new one. Only possible difference that I can possibly see is the width of the top line, but that is probably just the camera angle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are released Feb 8th or the 15th.

My Current WITB:

Ping G400 LST - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5

Ping G - 5 & 7 Wood - Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.5

Cobra Amp Cell - 4 Iron – Project X EvenFlow White 6.5

Ping i200 5-PW – KBS Tour

Ping Glide 4.0 Stealth 50,54,58 – TT Dynamic Gold

Cobra Vintage Stingray-40 

Why everybody loves the B60?!

The Anser and Voss are just gorgeous!!

To answer your question about the B60, personally, I actually never looked at B60s seriously and was always an Anser 2/Newport 2 player. Putted OK, but not great.

This might be a bit of a threadjack (sorry), but it's somewhat related. I decided to go a bit crazy train and actually get fit for a putter a few years back.

This is what happened:

• Went to Golf Town and purchased something like 10 putters (no lie here). I selected various models...all the ones that I putted well with on the store's practice green, or simply ones that were popular on tour or GolfWRX.
  • Cashier looked at me like I was insane. Didn't matter, take the credit card, OK? Told them I was going for a fitting and was going to filter through all of them and buy the one I got fit for.
  • Brought them to the fitting, and we went through all the purchased putters plus some they had at the fitting studio, plus ones from my collection (a few Scotty NP2s, Golo, Ping Anser 2s, and Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs 1 wide). There were a LOT of models we went through.
  • We filtered through all of them, putting all rejected ones to the back of line on the wall
  • Turns out I fit best into the B60. I consistently aimed it the best of all models we tried (they used a laser device attached to the face of the putter), and I set up to the stock B60's length and lie almost perfectly.

For me, there's something perfect about the B60's slightly longer sight line combined with the plumber's neck (I'm right eye dominant), as well as it's very slight toe hang which is less than a standard Anser/Anser 2, but more than a face balanced model.

If you like a slight mid-mallet design, try out the B60 or Odyssey 330m O-works black. They work really well for me and have really improved my aim. I believe the B60, Odyssey 1 wide, 330m, and O-Works 7s black all have that slight toe hang which may work for some players.

Back on topic, these Vault 2.0s look phenomenal. I absolutely have to pick up that black B60.

Never liked the look of the B60 but now I can't take my mind off it after reading this :-)

Haha, sorry.

That's what I'm here for...as an enabler for all things PING, and to contaminate minds.

TITLEIST TSR2 / TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

TM SIM2 Ti / MOTORE X F3 7S

PING G430 / 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 / 5-PW MODUS 115S 

TITLEIST SM9 / 50F 54D 58D

TITLEIST SUPER SELECT / GOLO 6 (H)

I like the looks of the Dale Anser. Definitely interested in giving them a roll.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Does anyone know if these are fully milled? I thought that the original vault putters were.

Yes, they are.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

I think I prefer the original slate Voss over any of the 2.0 Voss options.

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

Does anyone know if the ZB model could be ordered with a topline rather than a sight dot?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

Does anyone know if the ZB model could be ordered with a topline rather than a sight dot?

Probably not if prior Ping putter releases are anything to go by. I was able to order my ZB with a sound slot though, so it can’t hurt to ask.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

The Redwood was a nice design but if Ping done two things differently they would have sold a lot more of them:

1) Made the headweight 350 instead of 340.

2) Produced them standard with a bead blasted (starshot) finish instead of that hideous black nickel or the fragile black satin finish.

The Redwood was a nice design but if Ping done two things differently they would have sold a lot more of them:

1) Made the headweight 350 instead of 340.

2) Produced them standard with a bead blasted (starshot) finish instead of that hideous black nickel or the fragile black satin finish.

Two good points but a little tungsten down the shaft and 10 minutes with a buffing wheel and those things can be fixed. :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

These are nice looking. Now that I have gotten accustomed to a 370g head (Edel Rogue) and a 100g round grip plus another 30g at four inches down the shaft, I don't want any 350g heads unless weignts are adjustable. I hope the B60 can get to 370. Would throw a round grip on it love it. Makes the club feel balanced and smooths out the stroke.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches