2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone decided to get some last minute range time before the dinner tonight.

ME6s6QX.jpg

6kTnzBj.jpg

SwpKUkg.jpg

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Great time meeting some great guys. More to come as things slow down. Feels like a whirlwind right now.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Looks like it’s going to be another great WRX Trip! Again, congrats to the winners. Hit em well at the fittings! I’m looking forward to seeing some reviews.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

Have a blast guys, congratulations!

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Paradym 💎 💎 💎 S TC 10.5* Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Mavrik SZ TC 17* Aldila Rogue White 70S

Callaway Apex UW 21* Project X Hrzdus Smoke Black 70S

Callaway Apex 19 4H 23* Project X Catalyst 70S

Callaway Apex TCB 5 - AW Project X 5.5 shafts
Callaway Jaws Raw 56* bent to 55* & 60* Project X 5.5 shafts

Odyssey White Hot Versa Three T Slant / Mizuno M Craft V Blue Ion

Titleist Pro V1x

Really sorry to hear that. If you would like, I can FaceTime you when we do our extra curriculars...

Gamble, you are gonna need to step it up on your branding.

It's #TwistFaceTime. SMH! :rofl:

Seriously though, congrats to all the guys picked to go, I hope you all have a great time! These trips are always a blast to read about. Lots of pics and Trackman data please!

Kickoff 2018 with a BANG !! Thanks GolfWRX and TaylorMade Golf for this.

Congrats buddy!

Thank God Knudson isn't going, he's got a rain cloud that fallows him around.

So it was Knudson's fault? I'm surprised, i liked that guy.... ;)

Every trip he goes on ! If he wasn't with us , then that kid from Nevada would be next to blame.

k0jPoN6.gif

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Dinner at Aviara Resort's Argyle Steakhouse with GolfFWRX crew & Taylormade. Incredible!!! Big day tomorrow! Stay tuned...

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Dinner was awesome. Great group of guys to hang with and talk golf. The hotel is beautiful. Weather is perfect....but tomorrow is what we're all here for.

Not once did I hear claims of longer or higher ball speeds. They just seem to be really excited about the new tech in these heads. After tonight, I know I am.

One or two more in the fairway per round, that's where it's at. We'll see. I miss high toe and pull it enough to be a good case study. Someone else will need to chime in about the low heal, since that's the cleanest spot on my driver.

Now is the time for questions so let em rip!

BTW, I know a lot of you are interested in the 790 UDI. It's on the hit list tomorrow.

Some of today’s action.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Fantastic dinner with the Taylor Made guys. Very much looking forward to morning.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Tonight was great. I'm glad I made it 21 hours. We were treated to a top notch dinner at Argyle. I've never had buffalo steak, but it was delicious. A big thank you to Jory and Ryan for the dinner and for listening to our constant yammering. I'm glad we had a spot off to the side because the conversations were loud and flowing. It sounds like they have a great day planned for us tomorrow. It promises to be busy and I should probably be asleep.

We leave tomorrow at 8:00. We are meeting with Brian Bazzle and we were told to bring some great questions. Please give us your input and questions!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

please ask the question on the high toe strike with an inside out path and twist face... this has to amplify that miss ? or more importantly..where do these driver want to be hit? high center...center center ? thanks in advance

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Here's a question that you can consider asking Brian - why two 11g moveable weights on the bottom of the M3? Did testing show that 11g was an optimal choice? What if you swapped them out to lighter or heavier weights or a different combination - is there that much of an effect if you do so?

Hope you all enjoy your experiences. Looking forward to reading all about it.

Great customer efforts by Taylormade to continue with providing this.

please ask the question on the high toe strike with an inside out path and twist face... this has to amplify that miss ? or more importantly..where do these driver want to be hit? high center...center center ? thanks in advance

I think center center is a good spot to hit any driver. My understanding is that because toe hits cause a gear effect which will make the ball hook, the more open face starts the ball more right. And the opposite for heel hits.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

We talked about that a ton last night.

After we grill Brian and hit them, we should be able to share a lot more.

What I expect to see today is the tweak isn’t big enough to hurt or help SO much that it’ll ruin a straight toe shot any more than it’ll save a 20 yard hook.

That would all depend on where the face is at impact, no? If you have an open face on an in to out path and hit it high toe, then yes, it would probably make it worse. If you're face is square at impact it should help to reduce it and keep it straighter.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Time for a quick summary.

The journey started at 4:30 AM on Wed 1/10. Breakfast consisted of a piece of string cheese and a monster drink. I’m not a coffee drinker and I felt like the caffeine would be a good thing on this morning.

I arrived at CVG around 6 AM without issue and boarded the flight to Chicago on time. We did sit on the tarmac for a few minutes for what was termed a “flow control” delay. I arrived in Chicago about 50 minutes after take off and had no issues transitioning to my flight to San Diego.

My flight to San Diego consisted of a flipping through the Golf Magazine Style issue, a Clif Bar, water and the movie Dunkirk. I enjoyed the movie. The final 30 minutes of the flight was a little bumpy but pretty non-eventful. I believe we were within 15-20 minutes of our original scheduled arrival time. After arrival it took me awhile to locate my golf bag as somehow it would up in the bag office.

My first real issue came with securing my Uber ride. Where to go for uber pick up was’t clear to me as I exited the terminal. One must leave, go across the road way and up to another level. The group had been supplied a promo code for the Uber ride. Having never used the Uber app before, it took some time and some texting directions from the group to figure it out. Sadly, that wasn’t quite the end. Having never used the app before, it also wasn’t clear to me how to ensure the ride was setup. I thought I was good but never received and confirmation. As it turned out, I simply hadn’t had realized that a cc # was still required even if using the promo code. All in all I lost about 40 minutes between searching for my bag looking and getting Uber setup. Finally, Uber arrives and we have an uneventful 35-40 minute ride from airport to Park Hyatt Aviara in Carlsbad.

So I head up to check in and meet my first wrx’er face to face (Rob/HipCheck) at the desk. We get setup and off we go deciding to meet in the bar area for a light lunch in 10 minutes. As we sit at the bar, Calvin (WHC888) and Tim (blink3665) show up with golf bags in tow heading to the range. After some brief conversation, off they go. Next it’s Scott (scottaz). Again short conversation and off to the range he goes. Shortly there after Dewey (dpb5031) meets us at the bar and the golf stories are already flowing. Quite honestly, their stories and experiences far exceed mine. After some time we decide to grab our bags and hit the range. Kenton (RonSwanson) meets us at the shuttle. By this time I had met all the wrx’ers In the trip except Chris (Gamble Gamble) whom I would meet at the range. Note: I hope I matched the logins with the names correctly.

After we pack up the golf carts and head to the range we pass the putting green and drive by hole 10. Wow, it looks fantastic and I can’t wait to play this course (scheduled for a Friday morning).

After some stretches and some warm up, it’s finally time to hit a few on the range. I hadn’t played golf since Black Friday. Weather simply had not been conducive for hitting balls or playing. Warm up went ok. Diving a little at the ball, too much moment, etc... hopefully this bucket helps those issues come this morning.

My game? I started the year as a 12.1. Sadly, I ended the year as a 13.8 as I fought with a hook for the first time in my golfing life. This led to some frustrations this past season. In reality, no part of my game is all that consistent. I try to play once a week and seldom make the range. My best days can be in the low-mid 80’s although I had shot 76 on three different occasions but not for several years. My worst days can exceed three digits. My low rounds in 2017 were 80 in which I had multiple.

In 2017 I developed a hook after mostly being a slicer. As already noted, at times I over correct the hook causing me to leave it out to the right. By years end, I felt like I was learning how to control it but that was nearly two months ago. So that brings me to today.

Today I will be putting my Callaway Fusion 10.5* w/12 gram weight and Recoil 450ES F4 at 44.5” up against a professionally fit Taylor Made M3/M4 drivers. Here is looking forward to a day of picking the brains of the guys whom fit the tour pros.

After some range time we again meet up at 5:50 PM to take the shuttle to the Argyle restaurant located at the course. This is where we meet up with the Taylor Made guys Jory and Ryan. I didn’t get much of an opportunity to speak directly with Ryan but I definitely had Jory’s ear as he was directly to my right. More on those conversations later.

Wow, what a place. The menu was fabulous and the ambiance was fantastic as were the golf stories. For the record, I went with the bone in rib eye. By the time we got back to the hotel it was after 9:00 PM pacific time. I believe most stopped by the bar for a nightcap but I was done by that point having been up since 4:30 AM EST. Although the day was long and I traveled far, it had been well worth it thus far and we hadn’t even begun what we came here to do as of yet.

A thousand thank yous go out to Golfwrx and Taylor Made for making this happen and including me!!!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*