Anything new coming from Game Golf?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Became a GameGolf Live user at the beginning of the 2017 season. While I thought the hardware and tagging the shots was easy to use the software is lacking. After a software update they pushed out in May or June I enquired what happened to the basic trend line history of my score. The reply from the software engineer was that no one used those analytics so they removed it. Since then I have not seen any updates to the software at all and stopped using it all together.

They have a user forum that where they track feature requests, the last completed request looks to be dated 2015. I would recommend Arccos.

Became a GameGolf Live user at the beginning of the 2017 season. While I thought the hardware and tagging the shots was easy to use the software is lacking. After a software update they pushed out in May or June I enquired what happened to the basic trend line history of my score. The reply from the software engineer was that no one used those analytics so they removed it. Since then I have not seen any updates to the software at all and stopped using it all together.

They have a user forum that where they track feature requests, the last completed request looks to be dated 2015. I would recommend Arccos.

I've tried Arccos but I really hated having to have my phone on me with every shot. Also, I was not able to pair my bluetooth speaker to play music and use Arccos at the same time. That's ultimately what caused me to give it up.

Hopefully Game Golf keeps going. Good product overall!

• 1 month later...

Got this in my spam folder yesterday -- used the original Game Golf system about 3 years ago, and found it distracting and cumbersome to use on the course, so I sold it, but apparently I'm still on a mailing list.

Hello and Happy New Year!

It is hard to believe that the PGA Show is upon us again; we are excited to be there and show you all of the new features for GAME GOLF in 2018. We will be in the same booth location as last year #563.

This year, we are excited to be announcing our 3rd Generation GAME GOLF product, as well as a first-of-it’s-kind Course Intelligence Tool.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Got this in my spam folder yesterday -- used the original Game Golf system about 3 years ago, and found it distracting and cumbersome to use on the course, so I sold it, but apparently I'm still on a mailing list.

It is hard to believe that the PGA Show is upon us again; we are excited to be there and show you all of the new features for GAME GOLF in 2018. We will be in the same booth location as last year #563.

This year, we are excited to be announcing our 3rd Generation GAME GOLF product, as well as a first-of-it’s-kind Course Intelligence Tool.

I am surprised that I did not get that email as I am a Game Golf user. I would expect that Game Golf, Skycaddie, and Garmin will probably be coming out with new products that are very similar to each other. Game Golf Live, Skycaddie Touch, and Garmin Approach G8 all have been around for a while and need to be updated.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

I am surprised that I did not get that email as I am a Game Golf user. I would expect that Game Golf, Skycaddie, and Garmin will probably be coming out with new products that are very similar to each other. Game Golf Live, Skycaddie Touch, and Garmin Approach G8 all have been around for a while and need to be updated.

There was some more stuff about setting up an appointment to come see them at the PGA show, which is not something that I have access to go to, so I'm not sure I got on this list.

If one of them could come up with something that could keep track of shots based on when you actually hit a ball (the technology exists - Blast Motion has that capability), without needing to keep your phone with you or having to tag each shot to a sensor, so it would be seamless during a round, they'd have my money immediately. That seems like the next evolution in these types of trackers.

TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

There was some more stuff about setting up an appointment to come see them at the PGA show, which is not something that I have access to go to, so I'm not sure I got on this list.

If one of them could come up with something that could keep track of shots based on when you actually hit a ball (the technology exists - Blast Motion has that capability), without needing to keep your phone with you or having to tag each shot to a sensor, so it would be seamless during a round, they'd have my money immediately. That seems like the next evolution in these types of trackers.

ShotScope offers these features already.

ShotScope offers these features already.

I should have specified my other requirement--not a watch. I don’t ever wear a watch, and could never play golf wearing one.

Looks like they might also be introducing some form of Caddie system :

"This year, we are excited to be announcing our 3rd Generation GAME GOLF product, as well as a first-of-it’s-kind Course Intelligence Tool".

Similiar I would guess to what Arccos introduced last year.

Guess we will have to wait and see what they announce in 12 days or so.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

All you guys that have Game or Arccos, do the nubs in the end of the club ever bug you?

If one of these systems were to partner up with a grip manufacturer and sell grips with the tech built in (like the Cobra irons) I'd be all over it.

I have used both the GG and Arccos systems and have never had an issue with the look or feel of the tags in the clubs.

Personally, I would hate to have an integrated system due to the problems of flexibility. What happens when you want to

a) change the grips

b) sell the club

c) switch out one club for another that week for testing

All of these I can do without any issues currently.

All you guys that have Game or Arccos, do the nubs in the end of the club ever bug you?

If one of these systems were to partner up with a grip manufacturer and sell grips with the tech built in (like the Cobra irons) I'd be all over it.

I have used both the GG and Arccos systems and have never had an issue with the look or feel of the tags in the clubs.

Personally, I would hate to have an integrated system due to the problems of flexibility. What happens when you want to

a) change the grips

b) sell the club

Those are definitely valid points. I meant as an options, not a replacement for the current system.

Between the two systems, did you prefer one over the other?

a) change the grips

b) sell the club

Those are definitely valid points. I meant as an options, not a replacement for the current system.

I kept both and tend to float between the two to be honest.

GG

+ do not need phone

+easier post editing of rounds when needed

+lack of phone makes it easier when roaming/playing in other countries

+more flexibility with keeping older clubs for comparison

+can create rounds on new courses before playing to create a strategy and examine holes

-dashboard is slightly lacking

-tagging each shot

-no real progress on new feature/user requests

Arccos

+no need to tag, just works automatically

+better looking dashboard

-need phone all the time

-batteries required that run out every year and can be fiddly to replace. Plus tend to go mid round and you do not notice

-round editing it not as easy

Last year I used Arccos as I wanted to check out the Caddie feature that they introduced. This year, depending on announcements at CES I will stay with Arccos until the batteries go and will then jump back to GG again for a while :-)

a) change the grips

b) sell the club

I kept both and tend to float between the two to be honest.

GG

+ do not need phone

+easier post editing of rounds when needed

+lack of phone makes it easier when roaming/playing in other countries

+more flexibility with keeping older clubs for comparison

+can create rounds on new courses before playing to create a strategy and examine holes

-dashboard is slightly lacking

-tagging each shot

-no real progress on new feature/user requests

Arccos

+no need to tag, just works automatically

+better looking dashboard

-need phone all the time

-batteries required that run out every year and can be fiddly to replace. Plus tend to go mid round and you do not notice

-round editing it not as easy

Last year I used Arccos as I wanted to check out the Caddie feature that they introduced. This year, depending on announcements at CES I will stay with Arccos until the batteries go and will then jump back to GG again for a while :-)

Arccos 360 doesn’t have user replaceable batteries and last five years.

Game golf Pro now advertised on website. Looks like you still have to tag. Looking forward to finding out more over the next couple of days.

Interesting. Tags look larger and similar to the Arccos ones which makes me wonder if they have some tech built in. Also round unit does not look like something that you would clip on belt but rather store in your pocket to be a little less conspicuous.

As you say, it will be interesting to see what comes out over the next few days.

Game Golf Pro:

- no need to tag

- no need for phone in pocket

- fueled by "automotive grade sensors" i.e. bulkier and heavier but smarter tags

GG_Medallion_Tag_20180123-4-l7wpd9-768x473.png

- smart caddie to make data-driven decisions (for every shot, not just per hole strategy)

- coaching dashboard

Still no word on if/when they will make any upgrades to the existing data analytics... i.e. such as simple trend analysis on a per-hole basis on your most played courses, "do I score better hitting driver or utility off the tee?". Give us!

[size=2]D: Titleist 913D2 - 3W: Callaway X2 Hot Deep - 3H: Titleist 913H - Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 - Wedges: Mizuno MP-T - Putter: Rife Aussie Blade[/size]
[size=2]Profile [url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/marten"]@gamegolf[/url][/size]

Interesting, thanks for the info. Nothing especially ground breaking.

By the way 100% agree that more important features to me would be dashboard upgrades to provide hole trend analysis, hole history averages, ...

but those have been asked for for ages and nothing happened. I always thought that they should introduce a yearly subscription with better backend features as a way to fund further investment as the business model currently makes no sense to me.

Indeed, some revenue stream adjustments should be of interest for them of course, based on service rather than sold units only.

Maybe this is one of their ventures to a more service-based revenue:

GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE puts a new spin on the GAME Golf tag line of ‘Know Your Game.’

[...]provides the golf industry with a tool it can use to lower maintenance costs, increase pace of play, improve course set-up and playability, and make courses safer.

“By drawing on our database of more than two-million rounds and twenty-billion data points—the richest source of tracked rounds golf—GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE makes it possible for course owners, club management, superintendents and golf architects to respond to how golfers are actually experiencing their course,” McGuire said. “Our tag line for GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE is ‘Know Your Course.’ “We are focused on helping courses to manage their resources and reduce cost. It’s another example of how GAME GOLF’s technology not only helping golfers to have more fun and improve, but it’s also helping grow and improve the game.”

Still: my key detriment to always use the GG system remains a) hole location / short-game accuracy issues, and b) the poor use of data in the dashboard. More horsepower, less fancy bling!

[size=2]D: Titleist 913D2 - 3W: Callaway X2 Hot Deep - 3H: Titleist 913H - Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 - Wedges: Mizuno MP-T - Putter: Rife Aussie Blade[/size]
[size=2]Profile [url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/marten"]@gamegolf[/url][/size]

Very interesting -- I'd consider it now, as it seems to address the issues I had with it previously. The hole location thing is a problem that I don't know how any tracking system can really address. The lack of progress in analytics is disappointing to hear, too, because with all the good data you're collecting by using the system, if you can't get useful information out of it to identify areas to improve in your game, or access to the raw data so you can do your own analysis, it seem kind of pointless to track the data in the first place.

I saw that price drop as well and it peeked my interest. I'm intrigued by the Game Golf Pro. Guys that have used the original Game Golf and Game Golf Live do you think what is being advertised would be worth the wait? I know the info we have is very limited so far, but considering the price drop and past experience from going from 1st generation to the 2nd generation I'm wondering if the current system is worth a shot. Also guys who have switched from generation 1 to 2 were there a lot of bugs at the beginning of the switch? I hate to wait for the pro to come out and then its 6-8 months of them trying to get it right.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 9°
Fairway Wood: Sub 70 Pro 14°

Hybrid: Callaway Apex, 20°
Irons: Ping i210 4-PW

Wedges: 50° Sub 70, 54° Sub 70, 58° TaylorMade Hi-Toe

Putter: EVNROLL ER2B

Ball: Snell MTB Black/Snell MTB-X

GPS/Rangefinder: Precision Pro NX7 Pro

Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite

“Tesla” sensors. No more tapping. Integration with FitBit as a native app.

Now that's pretty interesting there.