Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

So, I went to the Indoor Swing Rex place at Park Hill last night to get some swings in before my trip this weekend. And the wildest thing happened to me.

Just hitting shots on the virtual driving range, and on one swing, my club head somehow managed to come around and get snagged in my keys. I wear my keys on a carabiner on my hip...and somehow the head managed to squeeze through the little tiny hole at the perfect angle. So my club was stuck in my keys. I couldn't even slide the club back out. I had to unclip it from my pants and remove it that way. The club head is literally too large to fit through it. So I must have hit it at an angle that opened the clip, let the head pass through, then close again all in one motion. Best part is, I got the video footage of it happening.

I could take 1 million more swings in a row, and that'd never happen again.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I went to the Indoor Swing Rex place at Park Hill last night to get some swings in before my trip this weekend. And the wildest thing happened to me.

Just hitting shots on the virtual driving range, and on one swing, my club head somehow managed to come around and get snagged in my keys. I wear my keys on a carabiner on my hip...and somehow the head managed to squeeze through the little tiny hole at the perfect angle. So my club was stuck in my keys. I couldn't even slide the club back out. I had to unclip it from my pants and remove it that way. The club head is literally too large to fit through it. So I must have hit it at an angle that opened the clip, let the head pass through, then close again all in one motion. Best part is, I got the video footage of it happening.

Absolutely fantastic. Owner there was LOVING it.

Likely be the cause of a new, Jacob Rule, you must remove external keys before swinging.

Was down the hill today for a wedding tonight and got to play 9 at south suburban; was nice - 52 and sunny.

I grew up playing the par 3 at the burb and then played a lot of golf in high school and such on the regulation course. Brought back some good memories - they've flipped the nines (except 9 and 18 stayed the same) so it's odd and I'll never be able to get the hole numbers right...

#firstgolfof2018

Soooo on vacation right now in Maui, so sure many saw the news this morning. Get up and hit the beach for a walk and some breakfast down from where we are staying...only to get the emergency alert of a ballistic missile is in bound and not a drill. Needless to say messed up my breakfast.

People were in a panic for a few minutes.... everyone asking if I got the alert. Noted I did but pretty sure a test as there was no sirens going off and nothing on the news. Needless to say I do not get my cinnamon roll

Will say this... social media is fast!!! Business partner calls within 7-8 minutes of getting the text to see what was going on.

Absolutely fantastic. Owner there was LOVING it.

The owner has quite the follow-through.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Here's a little album of some photos & GIFs from my weekend in Vegas. Gorgeous courses and conditions down there. Waking up this morning was just a rude slap in the face.

https://imgur.com/a/gPKi1

No pictures at strip clubs. Disappointed.

Soooo on vacation right now in Maui, so sure many saw the news this morning. Get up and hit the beach for a walk and some breakfast down from where we are staying...only to get the emergency alert of a ballistic missile is in bound and not a drill. Needless to say messed up my breakfast.

People were in a panic for a few minutes.... everyone asking if I got the alert. Noted I did but pretty sure a test as there was no sirens going off and nothing on the news. Needless to say I do not get my cinnamon roll ��

Will say this... social media is fast!!! Business partner calls within 7-8 minutes of getting the text to see what was going on.

Crazy!

Was down the hill today for a wedding tonight and got to play 9 at south suburban; was nice - 52 and sunny.

I grew up playing the par 3 at the burb and then played a lot of golf in high school and such on the regulation course. Brought back some good memories - they’ve flipped the nines (except 9 and 18 stayed the same) so it’s odd and I’ll never be able to get the hole numbers right...

#firstgolfof2018

I didn't understand the re-routing either. Golf anytime in January is awesome regardless.

Here's a little album of some photos & GIFs from my weekend in Vegas. Gorgeous courses and conditions down there. Waking up this morning was just a rude slap in the face.

https://imgur.com/a/gPKi1

How did you do in the tourney?

How did you do in the tourney?

Played about to my typical score...but had quite a few bad holes. Was on track to play really well. Gotta keep the blow-ups under control though.

Shot an 80 on the first day. Greens were super slow and I left about 4-5 birdie putts 6" short. I mean, PERFECT lines, just kept stopping right before they dropped. Ballstriking was just okay. I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep the night before, and it's been a while since I played outside of Denver elevation. So there was a lot of adjustments I had to make on course. It also didn't help that I was +4 through the first 3 holes either.

Second day started off great. I was only +1 through 9 holes for the day. But then I had a horrible hole. Long par 5. Hooked first shot left into bushes/houses. Hit a provisional that sliced into the lake on the right. Couldn't find the first ball, so I had to drop next to the lake. I was hitting 5 from 300+ yards away. My drop landed in a divot, and I topped it back into the lake. I picked up and took my Max Triple. I mentally never recovered, and had a few more double bogeys on the final 9 holes. Shot an 83. Putting was on fire though. Only had 24 putts all day. Was making everything inside 10 feet. It was beautiful. Saved a few bogeys from turning into doubles...but never had many birdies dropping.

So I went 80/83 to end up in 4th place. Two strokes off being solo 3rd. And I definitely left those 2 strokes out there. Honestly probably should have shot somewhere between 74-78 both days. But those darn blow up holes.

Ugh, I've been swamped with studying and work lately that my life has pretty much been put on hold. The one thing I was looking forward to was the Top Golf league starting on the 29th, which was good timing since I should be prepped enough to take the test at that point. Well I went to register our team this morning, and they were already full :(. Pretty bummed and frustrated...

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Anyone want to play Todd Creek tomorrow? There are some Hot Deals for $34 on GolfNow. 11:15am, 11:41am, or 11:51am. All have 4 spots open.

It'll be chilly (High of 50 or so), but it's still golf.

Edit: Looks like in the 20 minutes since I've posted, they've dropped to $29.

Edit #2: Booked a single at 11:42am. Plenty of time to get 18 in. If anyone wants to join me, go ahead!

No play or practice today due to snow.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I do have a Winter golf question. This is my first year here in the Denver area and I am from South Texas. The ability to play golf in January was a pleasant surprise. Just curious, do most people find their handicap or scoring average go up a few shots in the Winter months? For me, it seems impossible to get the ball close with hard greens, etc. The bumpy greens usually do not help me make many putts either. But, the ball will run a mile in the fairway and the rough is usually not too bad to hit from, so you do have advantages.

With that, do you see your scoring average go up a stroke or two or do you adjust and it stays the same?

Thanks,

Trent

I do have a Winter golf question. This is my first year here in the Denver area and I am from South Texas. The ability to play golf in January was a pleasant surprise. Just curious, do most people find their handicap or scoring average go up a few shots in the Winter months? For me, it seems impossible to get the ball close with hard greens, etc. The bumpy greens usually do not help me make many putts either. But, the ball will run a mile in the fairway and the rough is usually not too bad to hit from, so you do have advantages.

With that, do you see your scoring average go up a stroke or two or do you adjust and it stays the same?

Thanks,

Trent

You can't post scores to your GHIN handicap in winter months. The official Colorado golf season is between March 15 and November 14th. So from November 15-March 14, you're not allowed to post any scores.

I use a separate app (Diablo Golf) SOLELY for tracking my game during the winter months. It's not an official handicap or anything, so I just enter my scores during the off season. Funny enough, I personally play a lot better in winter. The hard ground gives me super big drives and sets me up nice. And I like slower greens that you can really hammer the putts to the hole. I've already played 5 rounds of golf in January, and 3 of them I've shot in the 70's. I shot an 80/83 when I went to Vegas in the warmer weather.

Well not being able to play right now with the snow.... toss out a new topic. Anyone upgrading anything in the BAG for the new season???

Realistically, nothing. I absolutely love my setup now. I'll test out some of the new drivers coming out, but it would take a LOT to get me to change my gamer. I'm super confident with my putter right now, and I'm a fan of my irons.

I might pick up an old set of Muscle Backs used for fun. I've always wanted the 2014 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB's. Just to have as a spare set.

In other news, my hopes to see "Hamilton" in March is officially slim to none. :(

26907541_10155344262038108_3810869163819140126_n.jpg?oh=8fde23f0e6bf5832fa62a56b64f69fc3&oe=5AE99610

Well not being able to play right now with the snow.... toss out a new topic. Anyone upgrading anything in the BAG for the new season???

If I can get a good price on some Ping S55's, I might upgrade my clubs. Hoping to find 3-PW with X100's. I might even settle for another set of S56's. That way, I will retire my current S56's to Sweden. Just really depends on my work situation, and whether I decide to look for another job.

I would love to pick up the Epic or Rogue with the right shaft combo. Also, the murdered out SM7 wedges look sexy and I am lusting over a set. (Even though I don't need them!)

I just picked up an EPIC off Callaway pre-own website when they had the sale going and I had another 10% off coupon that worked based on when I bought my 16' Apex Pro's 2 years ago. Paid $190.00 shipped...had to try it for that price. It said like "new" and the thing was still wrapped in plastic on the head...!!! They also sell shafts too so just snag'd a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X for it and the combo is SOOO sweet. Pretty much done for clubs for year. If your looking for a Callaway club....check pre-owned section from time to time...some killer deals.

I'll probably need a new 3 wood and hybrid this year. Driver.....who knows lol. Have the Epic SZ, but I love hitting the F8+.

In other news, my hopes to see "Hamilton" in March is officially slim to none. :(

26907541_10155344262038108_3810869163819140126_n.jpg?oh=8fde23f0e6bf5832fa62a56b64f69fc3&oe=5AE99610

I'm at 85,452.

I am sure I will hear about this when I get home tonight, wife was trying to get tickets for it too.

I'm at 85,452.

Holy crap. I was able to get four tickets about an hour ago. irvtrain, you have a PM.

My wife has been a DCPA season ticket holder (six seats) for about 10 years now. She has 12 seats for Hamilton (members were able to get two seats for every season seat they have). Eighth row center. I know her regular group will use the first six, but if she doesn’t get rid of all of them, I’ll post them here.

My wife has been a DCPA season ticket holder (six seats) for about 10 years now. She has 12 seats for Hamilton (members were able to get two seats for every season seat they have). Eighth row center. I know her regular group will use the first six, but if she doesn’t get rid of all of them, I’ll post them here.

I'd be really interested, thanks!