2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few close ups of the M3 440 they found for me and a some with the g400 8.5 LST for head comparisons.

I've always liked deep face, smaller profile heads.

That M3 440 is a sexy beast!

Very tempting. But not sure I have enough talent.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Did anyone on the trip view the new drivers as real game changers? And if so, why?

Probably. I hit a toe snap on the first hole that I knew I was going into the woods as soon as I hit it. It would have with my SZ for sure and likely my with LST G400. I was about 10 yards short from going in and made a par. That goes in, I get down on myself and spend the next few holes digging out. Instead, it set the tone for a -1 under start for me after 4.

Do I know for certain? How could I? But it's more of a feel thing and why you guys are going to need to test them on the course to see how it may help you. We all know our misses and the results that come with them.

I had a bad stretch of holes from 7-12. I was kind of checking out. On 13 I hit an awful toe again. That one almost stayed in the fw, made bird and got me going for a great finish.

So after one round, with a lot of rust, I saw enough to get excited.

Here's a few close ups of the M3 440 they found for me and a some with the g400 8.5 LST for head comparisons.

Very tempting. But not sure I have enough talent.

Neither do I!

I did finally get to hit the M4 on the course. It was one of TM studs playing with us stick and it was awesome. I'll likely grab one of them as well at some point to do a on the course test at home.

I also got to see Kenton crush his all day.

Did anyone on the trip view the new drivers as real game changers? And if so, why?

Probably. I hit a toe snap on the first hole that I knew I was going into the woods as soon as I hit it. It would have with my SZ for sure and likely my with LST G400. I was about 10 yards short from going in and made a par. That goes in, I get down on myself and spend the next few holes digging out. Instead, it set the tone for a -1 under start for me after 4.

Do I know for certain? How could I? But it's more of a feel thing and why you guys are going to need to test them on the course to see how it may help you. We all know our misses and the results that come with them.

I had a bad stretch of holes from 7-12. I was kind of checking out. On 13 I hit an awful toe again. That one almost stayed in the fw, made bird and got me going for a great finish.

Sounds like promising tech I look forward to testing it out. THe SZ was stellar for me as is the G400LST.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Sounds like promising tech I look forward to testing it out. THe SZ was stellar for me as is the G400LST.

Not sure it'll help you at all Justin. But try missing the center a few times for testing purposes. :taunt:

I will test and tinker like the Ho I am. If the same distance as my current M2 head but dispersion improves I will keep it in the bag. I do like the way the new color and head of the club look at address.

Did anyone ask if any plans for a tweak of the TP5 ball. Design that is between the current TP5&TP5X ?

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

I will test and tinker like the Ho I am. If the same distance as my current M2 head but dispersion improves I will keep it in the bag. I do like the way the new color and head of the club look at address.

Did anyone ask if any plans for a tweak of the TP5 ball. Design that is between the current TP5&TP5X ?

I have been told no changes this year. Who knows about next year. But I would expect a tweak then

Well, I'm still at the airport waiting to depart. Was supposed to leave early this morning but because of fog here the plane was not able to get into San Diego. I'm now on a direct to JFK as they didnt have any directs to Newark and/or Philly. In the meantime, here are some more pics:

Left to right, me, Ryan, Matt, and Rob (Hipcheck)

Me & Calvin pre-round:

My new Lifestyle tartan golf bag courtesy of TM!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Well, I'm still at the airport waiting to depart. Was supposed to leave early this morning but because of fog here the plane was not able to get into San Diego. I'm now on a direct to JFK as they didnt have any directs to Newark and/or Philly. In the meantime, here are some more pics:

Me & Calvin pre-round:

Nice swag!

Me & Calvin pre-round:

Nice pics......Rob's a big boy!! #hockeybod

Man, if I knew I was going to be delayed this long I would have tried to play Torrey Pines this morning. It's beautiful here today! (Surprise...duh...it is San Diego)

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I have been told no changes this year. Who knows about next year. But I would expect a tweak then

Can confirm TP5 and TP5x will continue through this season.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Man, if I knew I was going to be delayed this long I would have tried to play Torrey Pines this morning. It's beautiful here today! (Surprise...duh...it is San Diego)

Yeah, unseasonably warm today. Have a safe trip back and looking forward to the detailed write ups from everybody!

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Me & Calvin pre-round:

Yup, good dude too. He and I went out and played 12 more holes yesterday afternoon and had a blast.

I had zero birdies first time thru at Aviara (shot 78), but had 3 in 12 holes second time around. The course is fair but greens are a bit tricky. If you don't hit the right spots you'll end up having to chip or putt up over ridges that then run away from you downhill on the other side.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Thank you again to Rob, Jory, Ryan, GolfWRX, and Taylormade for having me out on this trip. It was something that I will never forget.

Nothing beats sitting on the bus after a long day of work reading GolfWRX. I happened to notice that I had received a PM. I had just sold some stuff and figured it was the buyer letting me know everything had been received. NOPE! My tongue jumped to the back of my throat when I saw it read, “Want to get fit for a Taylormade M3/M4?” and was from HipCheck. I’ve been trying to come up with the right words to describe how it feels to receive the PM. The closest thing that I can think of is that feeling when you are in a big hand of poker with lots of money in the pot. The river comes giving you the nuts. All the sound around me faded to silence and was replaced with a slight ringing in my ears and I could feel my heart rate and blood pressure rise.

It felt like forever as I waited to verify with my boss that I could take the time off (My professional boss. My family boss gave the blessing begrudgingly. I’ll have to get her something nice.) Then I remembered that I would be playing golf with actual WRXers. A slight wave of panic swept over me followed by slight nausea. Now I get to hit giant slices at The Kingdom AND show WRXers how bad I am on the course. I was positive that I would be the highest handicap on the trip at 15.2. I was also positive that I had the slowest swing speed of the bunch. It’s been a while since I’ve been on a trackman, but I’d hazard my swing speed in the sub 90s, maybe high 80s.

After the inital PM HipCheck started a PM thread, and the Jory from Taylormade started an email chain. From the threads I could tell that this was a fun group of guys. Once we got our itineraries it was a waiting game. I had my bags packed and ready to go 3 days in advance…

Travel was smooth sailing for me on the first leg with a flight that was only ¼ booked and arrived 30 mintues early. I got in and had lunch with WHC888. After that a few of us went down to the range. We decided to go do a little chipping and putting and then head back to the room. After we called the shuttle to take us back up to the hotel the other half of our group decided to come down to the range. So we stayed and hit even more balls. Back and forth from the range to the hotel and then back down to the range where the steakhouse is.

Dinner was at Argyle which is the steakhouse located at the resort. The spread that was provided for us was fantastic. I had the Bison. I’ve never had Bison, but it was really good. The best part was meeting Jory and Ryan. They let us ask as many questions as we wanted and we took full advantage. I don’t know how long we were there but it only felt like a few minutes (I think it was at least 4 hours). After the waitstaff gave us a few friendly reminders that we could get a shuttle back to the hotel at any time, we said our goodbyes for the evening. A few of us stayed up for a night cap and then we hit the sheets at around midnight.

My eyes popped open at 6:00. We will pretend that I was bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for the day (In reality I was tired and slightly sore from the session). Jory, Ryan, and an Uber shuttled us all to Taylormade HQ. I’ve seen a bunch of pictures of the lobby from other people’s trips. That doesn't make it any less impressive once you’re there. They took us to the cafeteria and we have a quick breakfast. David Abeles (CEO) came by and did a quick surprise meet and greet. We had been told that the photo embargo had been lifted since most of the products had been introduced. The first thing we did was go through the marketing area to reach the St. Andrews room. (No pictures in the marketing area.) We were given a presentation and Q & A session with Brian Bazzel. We got to watch the extended version of some of the marketing videos that have been released. We also got to see a 1:1 video with Tiger about Twist Face. (Video will be released shortly.) Brian passed around all the models and gave us some specs. He then did a short presentation about the fairways, hybrids, and irons. We watched a marketing video for the M4 irons that was pretty hilarious. DJ says that he would bag it at least 5 different times. (Apparently he has one and is trying to find the right place for it in his bag. I guess it’s difficult to find where an almost 300 yard 4i fits in you gapping?)

Here are a few notes from the presentation.

3.5 years ago Taylormade discovered the issue from the data that had been accumulated over a few years prior to that.

The M4 face is 20% thinner than the M2. This means that it is also 17% lighter.

The sweet spot on the M3 is 39% bigger than on the M1. Sweet spot is defined as the area of the face where the cor is over .800

There is 3x more CG movement from front to back in the M3 from the original M1, and 83% more than the 2017 M1

Brian took the time to answer all of our questions and really put on a great presentation. After the presentation we walked past a giant bank vault door with no markings on it. That is the real vault where they have people working on products for 2020 and beyond. (Obviously, no pictures… and we didn’t get to look inside. I think a few of us tried to crane our necks around when the door would open, but I couldn't see anything. ;) )

Next we jumped on the the most badass golf carts I have ever seen. Around $20k gets you a golf cart with a ton of torque and a top speed of 42 mph. A quick ride over to The Kingdom and it was time to have my breath taken away for the umpteenth time that day. We walked into lobby and they had a nice display welcoming GolfWRX. All of our bags were in lockers with our names on them. We grabbed out stuff and headed out to the range. My breath was taken away again. Several tables were laid out with a large assortment of heads. The shaft rack was out of control. Racks of m3/m4 fairways, hybrids, and woods. I found my station (marked by another name placard) and got to warming up.

My fitter was Duane. He is one of the fitters that is always at the Kingdom. Because of the large size of our party additional fitters had to be brought in to accommodate all of us with 1:1 fittings at the same time. Duane put me at ease immediately with a few funny stories. His biggest thing was to trust the process. I had a different type of fitting than pretty much everyone else. The golf geek in me wanted a fitting like everyone else’s. The 15 handicap player in me wanted Duane’s fitting process. Duane told me to try not to pay attention to the shafts or heads he was giving me and to just swing normally. I think that this helped me end up with the best combination for my swing. Before i knew it I had been through at least 6 different shafts with 3 different heads with many different sole weight and adapter configurations.

I hit the M3, M4, and M4 D-Type. The M3 had my longest and straightest drive of the day. However, it was very difficult to reproduce. Duane had me try the M3 head a few different times trying to recreate the magic of that shot, but to no avail. The M4 and M4 D-Type were amazing for me. I wasn’t able to tell the difference between the two from address. They have done an amazing job at changing the paint scheme so that the face doesn’t appear closed at all (to me).

My gamer is a Callaway XR16 10.5* head set at 9.5* with the stock Fujikura Speeder 565 in regular flex. I wasn’t fit for this driver, but it has suited me well all last season. I have historically had trouble getting the ball in the air high enough. My gamer combo got me more distance and a higher launch angle than i had previously. Dispersion wasn’t great and I had a two way miss. I have a slow tempo. Duane let me know that the shaft was an untipped regular which was probably closer to a senior flex. That shaft made my swing incredibly timing dependent. I was fit into a White Tie 55g in Stiff flex with the 9.5* M4. That shaft in combination with Twist Face lowered my dispersion quite a bit. My swing because less timing dependent. I could tell that if I released a little early or late I wasn’t punished as badly as I had been previously. When swinging normally I had the exact same launch angle, and very close clubhead speed and ball speed. Apex height and landing angle are slightly better with the M4, and the spin rate came down about 300. The biggest difference was I had a much tighter grouping of balls in the ‘fairway’ than I did with my gamer. With my newfound confidence I have a second gear that I can now shift into when I want to go after the ball. My avg is 93 mph and I was actually able to get up to 96 which was an eye opener for me.

I hit the Twist Face ALL over the face. I put it through its paces. ;) Bottom line for me on Twist Face. If you put a horrible swing on the ball you’ll have a horrible outcome. (That being said, my horrible miss is probably a lot different than the horrible miss of someone with a lower handicap. This isn’t going make you an automatic fairway finder. However, if you put a bad swing on the ball and hit the high toe or low heel you won’t be punished nearly as badly as you think. I hit a few at the beginning that felt horrible on the high toe. The sound it made coming off the driver wasn't pretty. However, the ball didn’t dive down and left on me. In fact if flew pretty straight. I looked back with a dumbstruck look on my face and Duane and he had a grin on his face like the cat that ate the canary.

After the official fitting we were able to hit anything we wanted. I demo’d the m3/m4/p790 irons and the m3 hybrids and fairways. Unfortunately, by that time I was exhausted and not putting a great swing on the ball. The hybrids are amazing looking and feeling. The m3/m4 irons still really help players in the GI+ segment. They are absolute rocket launchers with a ton of forgiveness.

After lunch we had a skills competition that I had no business being in. Long Drive, Straightest Drive, Long Drive with DJs M4 4i, and KP with any of the Taylormade wedges. By that time my body was shot. My left forearm was on fire, my left armpit was chafing, and my left side was laboring. All that meant that there was zero chance I was going to release the club well. That being said I got to see Scott and Kenton put on a driving clinic and Calvin flop one in tight on the KP.

Jodi Ewart Shadoff had her own fitting off to the side of the range and was absolutely crushing it. Andy Proudman and Piers Ward from Me and My Golf were also off to the side chatting with Ryan and Jory.

We also got a chance to play around with about every putter known to man (except the one we all wanted to try… T Line black spider was not in attendance.) The high toe wedges are amazing and something that will be finding their way into my bag as soon as my budget allows. Jory was kind enough to give me a mini short game lesson and by the end I was trusting the grind quite a bit more.

After all of that we went back over to Taylormade HQ for the ball tour. I knew that there was a lot of R&D that goes into the ball, but i severely underestimated how much. We were able to see how a proto ball is created. Ben made my head spin with the amount of work that goes into making proto balls. Out of 100s of designs they make 20-30 prototypes. Each design can take between 2-3 weeks to make. The tolerances of each layer are beyond insane. I’m in Quality Assurance and I can’t even fathom how tight their QA is. They let us help mix the core by hand. We got to watch some of the injection molding happen. They have a machine that looks similar to a baseball pitching machine. It shoots a ball down an indoor range at with settings between 60-180 mph and RPMs up to 6000. They turn off the lights and 4 high speed cameras capture exactly what is happening to the ball all the way down the range. The cameras have been measured down to the millimeter. (All I was thinking about was making sure not to trip into a camera and make them have to adjust it again.) It was an awesome experience that I totally geeked out on. Unfortunately, again, no pictures allowed.

We also go to tour the CNC (Guess what? No pictures allowed again. Are you sensing a theme? :) ). The CNC guys were fantastic showing us around. The irons are milled with tolerances down to the micron.

As we left we were given a dozen TP5x. Custom balls made for Rory, DJ, JDay, and Rahm (1 sleeve each). We were also able to pick up our brand new drivers for the next day.

After a long day in the sun beating balls I was exhausted. We got to meet more of the Taylormade folks at dinner that night. After dinner lots of guys peeled off for bed. A few of us soldiered on and had to do our duty of making it to In N Out. Kenton, Rob, Chris, and I all jammed our faces with goodness and then went to bed.

The final day was bittersweet. I got to play Aviara which is a fantastic course. I didn’t play well, but I think that mostly had to do with knocking off winter rust and my sore/exhausted body. I got paired up with Chris (GambleGamble) and our 2 Taylormade partners were Scott and Mark. They are both amazing golfers and even more amazing people. It was great to get to know them. A quick lunch after the round and then it was off to the airport.

It’s funny how many of the Taylormade employees are on GolfWRX. They really do have their finger on the pulse of what is going on. One employee said that he looked at the site constantly but didn’t have any posts. Not to say he hasn’t written a response in a thread… but he had the

wherewithal to use the delete button. :)

I can’t thank GolfWRX and Taylormade enough for sending me on this trip. It was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got to see and experience things that most people never will and I am very grateful for that. Rob is an awesome guy that cares about our GolfWRX community deeply. Ryan and Jory are fantastic individuals who love their company and strive to put out the best product possible every day. I understand what some of the other GolfWRXers have said previously about lifelong bonds. I can’t think of a better group of guys that I could have gone on the trip with. (Well… maybe not Chris… ;) )

My wife has been giving me the stink eye while I’ve been typing this and my kids have been screaming and running around the house. I will post a few more stories and I will do a picture dump when I have a bit more time. Please feel free to ask me any questions in the thread or via PM.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Me & Calvin pre-round:

Yup, good dude too. He and I went out and played 12 more holes yesterday afternoon and had a blast.

I had zero birdies first time thru at Aviara (shot 78), but had 3 in 12 holes second time around. The course is fair but greens are a bit tricky. If you don't hit the right spots you'll end up having to chip or putt up over ridges that then run away from you downhill on the other side.

Freakin Awesome! 3.5 years from retirement and it's golf, golf, GOLF!!! what a truly blessed experience this must have been.....so happy the weather turned out so nice!

Me & Calvin pre-round:

Nice swag!

After the fitting they offered us a selection of their new lifestyle pattern bags. I think the available patterns are tartan, houndstooth, and paisley. The caveat to getting a new bag? You had to leave/donate your old bag. Since I had my GolfWRX bag there was ZERO chance that I was going to trade. :(

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

My wife has been giving me the stink eye while I’ve been typing this and my kids have been screaming and running around the house. I will post a few more stories and I will do a picture dump when I have a bit more time. Please feel free to ask me any questions in the thread or via PM.

While your whole post was awesome, this has got to be my favorite part. ;)

Now the shuttle to The Kingdom

If any of you play a draw, I don't recommend doing your driver fitting on the far right side of the range. That fence was in my head the entire time.

That was my spot at the fitting. Far right. My ball flight last season (2017) was mostly a draw to a hook. On the day of the fitting I mostly hit straight to a fade on good shots. I will say I had some wayward balls. After all, I am one of, if not the highest capper in the group and it had been Nov (Black Friday) since I’d been on a course.

The Taylor Made guys readily admit these drivers are not intended the fix every swing fault and a bad swing will equal a bad result. After all, these aren’t some 5* closed significantly offset drivers. That stated, what they are trying to do is give you that 3-7 yardish correction that keeps your ball in play when most drives would be ob or that 3-7 yds that keep you in the fairway instead of the rough.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I may not have told her about the responsibility of the write up...

"Back to life, back to reality."

This trip has ruined me. I'm never going to get fit for a driver like I was this week ever again. I stayed in a hotel way above my normal price range, and I played a course way above my price range with awesome dudes. :)

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

WITB Link

Don’t worry Blink, that stink eye is just the exhaustion talking. Once your wifey gets some sleep and alone time, she’ll be thrilled that you got a chance to do something like this. That’s what I’ve learned having 3 young ones at home anyways.

Love the write up! It’s cool seeing mid handicap golfers go through experiences like this and seeing huge gains. Cooler than seeing scratch golfers dropping spin by 50 rpm, dispersion by a yard, and adding 1 yard ;)

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I'm bored AF so here is the current driver that each member is playing:

Blink- Callaway XR 16

Cwing- Callaway Fusion (Wth is that? lol)

Dpb- Callaway Epic SZ

Gamble- Ping G400

Ron Swanson- Ping G400 LST

Scottaz- Ping G400

WHC- Taylormade M2

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing WHC's numbers.

You need to check out the Fusion thread. If it works, it works. For a driver bought from Callaway Pre Owned, the numbers were pretty good with it. Launch and s

In were slightly high. This established the baseline in which the fitter (Patrick) used to dial in my driver. This Callaway numbers were good enough that we also started with shafts with a similar profile as the Recoil 450ES. It was also the bases for going 1” short.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Wanted to say props to Taylormade on the High Toe. I’ve been critical of the obvious similarities to the PM grind, but I admit, you cleaned up the design and made it look more appealing.

I’ll give you my money for the 60 degree and send a kiss to Callaway for initiating the design.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I may not have told her about the responsibility of the write up...

"Back to life, back to reality."

This trip has ruined me. I'm never going to get fit for a driver like I was this week ever again. I stayed in a hotel way above my normal price range, and I played a course way above my price range with awesome dudes. :)

I told Hip on the TM trip that I was fortunate enough to be chosen for, it was as close to Tour Pro treatment as I'd ever have. I was lucky enough to play in college and we didn't even close to that kind of treatment. Once in a lifetime experience.

I still have our pre and post trip PM threads in my account. I'll never delete them no matter how low on space I get. Every time I see a post on the board by one of the guys from the trip, I smile.

I need to demo that. looks real good.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Tim.......great write-up!!! Just an awesome way to find some added distance....how far are figuring carry to be now? The loudness of the M4, bleeding ear or no? With M3 not being as consistent for you, more do to swing or club? Lastly, did you notice a face depth difference and also ter height?

I gained up to 13 yards of added carry. I attribute this to 3 things. 1) I was not fit for my gamer and the shaft selection was not the best for me. 2) The Twist Face gave me a lot of extra confidence to go after the ball. I tend to get tentative with my swing when my timing is off. That creates the two way miss. 3) I don't have any MOI or CG numbers for the XR16 but the addition of Hammerhead and perceived (or real?) forgiveness helped with ball speed. I'll have to see how the club performs on my home course to really see any tangible gains.

The M4 wasn't noticeably loud. TBH, I was concentrating so hard on not looking like an idiot that I didn't notice. I'll report back once I get on the course

EDIT: I also dropped 300 rpms of spin avg. Looking further at my numbers the average is skewed. My gamer put out on REALLY low number that is skewing the average to be low. There is also an outlier that is higher than the rest for the M4. If I remove both outliers I actually dropped 700 rpms.

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

WITB Link

Congrats to the winners, really looking forward to the trip and the info to follow about how these New M series clubs perform for you all.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a trackman pic as the whole process can be overwhelming at times. I gained on average a 3-4 mph increase in ball speed over my Fusion but Fusion had 2-3 mph higher clubhead speed. This excites me. Why?

My clubhead speed was down from a few months ago. I was hitting mostly the mid 90’s on this day. Both the m3 and m4 clubhead were an inch long compared to my Fusion. As a result, I’m confident in going after the ball with Fusion and I didn’t have the confidence to do the same with m3/m4. My finished m4 matches my Fusion shaft length. After some range and course time I certainly believe my confidence with M4 will Bri g that more aggressive upper 90 mph swing speed back up and I’ll gain distance over my Fusion.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*