RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

Scott - anxious to hear the difference between the Ping G400 and your new M3 weapon.

Will need all the details and comparisons. The numbers looked great.

Also - does TM offer different weights for that head?

I know you'll get bored and want to add more weight this summer... and I will most likely want to make it less heavy.

Look forward to report later.

I'm not sure that TM makes heavier/lighter weights that are available to the public, but you can usually find replacement weights from Billy Bob's Golf in different weights.

Heavy weights are expected to be available soon.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm still at the airport waiting to depart. Was supposed to leave early this morning but because of fog here the plane was not able to get into San Diego. I'm now on a direct to JFK as they didnt have any directs to Newark and/or Philly. In the meantime, here are some more pics:

Left to right, me, Ryan, Matt, and Rob (Hipcheck)

Me & Calvin pre-round:

My new Lifestyle tartan golf bag courtesy of TM!

Nice swag!

After the fitting they offered us a selection of their new lifestyle pattern bags. I think the available patterns are tartan, houndstooth, and paisley. The caveat to getting a new bag? You had to leave/donate your old bag. Since I had my GolfWRX bag there was ZERO chance that I was going to trade. :(

Don’t blame you there!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Tim.......great write-up!!! Just an awesome way to find some added distance....how far are figuring carry to be now? The loudness of the M4, bleeding ear or no? With M3 not being as consistent for you, more do to swing or club? Lastly, did you notice a face depth difference and also ter height?

I gained up to 13 yards of added carry. I attribute this to 3 things. 1) I was not fit for my gamer and the shaft selection was not the best for me. 2) The Twist Face gave me a lot of extra confidence to go after the ball. I tend to get tentative with my swing when my timing is off. That creates the two way miss. 3) I don't have any MOI or CG numbers for the XR16 but the addition of Hammerhead and perceived (or real?) forgiveness helped with ball speed. I'll have to see how the club performs on my home course to really see any tangible gains.

The M4 wasn't noticeably loud. TBH, I was concentrating so hard on not looking like an idiot that I didn't notice. I'll report back once I get on the course

EDIT: I also dropped 300 rpms of spin avg. Looking further at my numbers the average is skewed. My gamer put out on REALLY low number that is skewing the average to be low. There is also an outlier that is higher than the rest for the M4. If I remove both outliers I actually dropped 700 rpms.

Great info.....O.T. make sure wifey get a spa day or whatever she's into......flowers. tons of flowers!

M3 vs M4 ......need a MUCH better lowdown on differences......when you get the chance

Tim.......great write-up!!! Just an awesome way to find some added distance....how far are figuring carry to be now? The loudness of the M4, bleeding ear or no? With M3 not being as consistent for you, more do to swing or club? Lastly, did you notice a face depth difference and also ter height?

I gained up to 13 yards of added carry. I attribute this to 3 things. 1) I was not fit for my gamer and the shaft selection was not the best for me. 2) The Twist Face gave me a lot of extra confidence to go after the ball. I tend to get tentative with my swing when my timing is off. That creates the two way miss. 3) I don't have any MOI or CG numbers for the XR16 but the addition of Hammerhead and perceived (or real?) forgiveness helped with ball speed. I'll have to see how the club performs on my home course to really see any tangible gains.

The M4 wasn't noticeably loud. TBH, I was concentrating so hard on not looking like an idiot that I didn't notice. I'll report back once I get on the course

EDIT: I also dropped 300 rpms of spin avg. Looking further at my numbers the average is skewed. My gamer put out on REALLY low number that is skewing the average to be low. There is also an outlier that is higher than the rest for the M4. If I remove both outliers I actually dropped 700 rpms.

Great info.....O.T. make sure wifey get a spa day or whatever she's into......flowers. tons of flowers!

M3 vs M4 ......need a MUCH better lowdown on differences......when you get the chance

Wife is out for lunch with friends and then going shopping. Other than the MOI differences between M3/M4 and the obvious weight track what kind of information are you looking for? I'm sure Rob or Calvin got a side by side shot of the m3/m4 for face depth, I didn't get a pic of it so I don't really want to comment since I didn't look closely enough. I'm sure some of the other guys can chime in.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

High Toe. To my eye, this has the best shape of the "high toe" wedge designs out there. More compact look and a fun wedge around the greens. Look for this line to expand in the future.

Maybe I missed it but did anyone say what lofts the Hi-Toe Wedge will come in?

58, 60, 62 and 64.

Thanks 58 will be bagged

Wife is out for lunch with friends and then going shopping. Other than the MOI differences between M3/M4 and the obvious weight track what kind of information are you looking for? I'm sure Rob or Calvin got a side by side shot of the m3/m4 for face depth, I didn't get a pic of it so I don't really want to comment since I didn't look closely enough. I'm sure some of the other guys can chime in.

Like M2 was lighter than M1 as an example.any bias built in to either head?

We had a little skills competition including long drive, straightest drive, and CTP with a wedge from 71 yards. Let me tell you, Scott and Kenton (Ron Swanson) bring some serious Tour level heat! I'm talking ball speeds well into the 170s.

We also each got 2 swings with an M4 4 iron that was built to spec (X100) for Dustin Johnson. We saw a video of DJ smoking that thing over 290 yards. It's no joke, I hit 2 perfect shots with it that landed within a yard of each other 239 & 240 yards! Kenton and Scott hit it over 260. Just SICK!

At o evpoint I was the leader in the clubhouse on every single skill contest. I’ll have that knowledge forever. Just don’t tell a anyone I went first! Lol!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Dispersion was quite a bit better for me. It definitely lessened the draw/hook from the high toe hit on the course. As a result, I hit several straight bombs (for me) that stayed out to the right and got me in trouble.

Short term this wasn’t a good thing. Long term, this may be a great thing. Why? On course my high toe draw was gone and replaced by a mostly straight shot. This was bad on this course on this day. I was playing with a new club on a course I’d never played before. It is the middle of the off-season. I hadn’t played since November and I was now playing with the guys that built the club. I’m also playing with high quality players (wrx’ers and Taylor Made guys) and I’m not a high quality player (13.8 at seasons end up from 12.1 at start of season). Needless to say I had some strong feelings of not bein worthy and that only intensified the pressure of just wanting to play well. As a result, those booming m4 tee shots down the right side that stayed right were a little perplexing.

I’m not sure I put that much thought into it before but it dawned on me that I had aimed right and let the high toe draw/hook bring it back in during most of 2017. Many days this worked very very well. So well in fact, if not for this event, I would be playing Fusion in 2018. I even told my wife and buddies before the event that I didn’t really want the driver, I just wanted the experience. I was quite happy aiming right and letting the high toe draw bring it back in to play. That stated, some days when I didn’t aim right enough or when certain holes didn’t allow, that high toe draw left me an ob left ball.

Now twist face, those high toe hits simply stayed straight. Long term, this means left aiming more down the middle and less hooks to the left.

Plan and simply, if you tend to hit high toe, twist face is a must try.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Dispersion was quite a bit better for me. It definitely lessened the draw/hook from the high toe hit on the course. As a result, I hit several straight bombs (for me) that stayed out to the right and got me in trouble.

Short term this wasn’t a good thing. Long term, this may be a great thing. Why? On course my high toe draw was gone and replaced by a mostly straight shot. This was bad on a course. I was playing with a new club on a course I’d never played before. It is the middle of the off-season. I hadn’t played since November and I was now playing with the guys that built the club. I’m also playing with high quality players (wrx’ers and Taylor Made guys) and I’m not (13.8 at seasons end up from 12.1 at start of season) and the added pressure of just wanting to play well. As a result, those booming m4 tee shots down the right side that stayed right were a little perplexing.

I’m not sure I put that much thought into it before but it dawned on me that I had aimed right and let the high toe draw/hook bring it back in during most of 2017. Many days this worked very very well. So well in fact, if not for this event, I would be playing Fusion in 2018. I even told my wife and buddies before the event that I didn’t really want the driver, I just wanted the experience. I was quite happy aiming right and letting the high toe draw bring it back in to play. That stated, some days when I didn’t aim right enough or when certain holes didn’t allow, that high toe draw left me an ob left ball.

Now twist face, those high toe hits simply stayed straight. Long term, this means left aiming more down the middle and less hooks to the left.

Plan and simply, if you tend to hit high toe, twist face is a must try.

I'm in!!!!

Aviara was fantastic! The course is quite a bit nicer than the courses I normally play. I didn't play well. I think it was due to fatigue, soreness, and nervousness about playing with the TM guys. On a course like that with weather like that you can't let your play dictate your mood! I had a great time. The fog started burning off by hole 3 and was totally gone by #5. Heres a few pics of the picturesque par 3s and the dreaded #10. It was described as the stupidest hole in California.

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I’ve been telling my wife since Christmas that I’m heading out to California to get fit for a TaylorMade driver not yet available to the public. By some of the best fitters on the planet in a mystical Kingdom.

Did I believe it? Nope. Did she? No at all. She’s heard that one before.

I just walked in from a subzero run with frozen things on my face. Not entirely happy. Until I saw a PM from HipCheck.

“Want to get fit for a TaylorMade M3/M4?”

We live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and the weather here has been awful. Besides a balmy 34 degree day on Christmas, mostly every day since has been in the teens or worse. So great timing.

I’m 48. I didn’t start taking golf seriously until my late 30’s. Before that, I’d play maybe 10 times a year. I wasn’t very good.

I joined a club near me about 10 years ago and met a guy whose love for golf was infectious. He and I play 100+ rounds per year now. He’s member on here.

I finished this season at 2.7. I’m not a great ball striker. If you saw me swing a club, you’d probably know I’ve had too many knee and ankle surgeries. But I’m pretty comfortable with any shot most days. If one part of the game is letting me down, something else usually picks me up. But the short game, especially putting, is my strength.

My driving has gotten better over the past few years but still needs improvement. My miss is left. I miss big. The first thought I had when I saw the new twist face tech was, that’s for me….IF it actually works.

I’ve been fit for all of my clubs at one time or another. But the level of the driver fitting was not great. I did learn enough to know what I need to optimize my numbers. I’ve been on trackman a bunch. On the course testing, for long periods of time, is the only way to really know IMO.

I’ve owned just about every head and many top exotic shafts over the past 4-5 years. I enjoy testing golf equipment very much.

We had such diverse group of guys. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them all and learning more about them. We were communication since the 4th. It's a nice way to break the ice. Rob (HipCheck) did a lot of work to make all of this happen and was phenomenal through out the entire process. Thank you Rob!

And thank you Jory and Ryan! What hosts these dudes are. Awesome to hang with. We had a lot of one on one conversations about products I liked and didn't. They never had a negative thing to say about their competition. Quite the opposite actually. I really enjoyed my time with them.

When we got in, I wanted range time asap. Tim, Calvin and I headed over to try to find our swing. Chris, who I made the trip out with, came over to join us. It surprised me he could find the range. :taunt: Once my back was sufficiently tweaked, we decided to chip and putt for a bit. I was ready to head back but the others came then and back to the range we went. Rookie mistake but it just felt so good hitting balls again. I think I left my best stuff over there.

Dinner with Ryan and Jory was too good to describe. The conversation was pretty lively. The acoustics in that room were wild. I was hearing every voice bouncing around and slamming me in the head. Fun night.

When I woke up the next day I was fired up. Too much energy too soon tho. I did my best to burn some of it up.

We had a great breakfast in their cafeteria ( if you can call it that ) had a little tour and then met with Brain.

Seeing the film of Brian’s initial meeting with Rose, Rory, DJ, Rahm and Day, I was getting pretty pumped up again. I’ll admit, knowing the Kingdom was waiting, I felt like Charlie Brown listening to his teacher in class. Glad others were taking notes.

Finally time for the Kingdom. My fitter, Perry, introduced himself and lead me out. Walking through the doors leading out to the hitting bay reminded me of my first trip to Veterans Stadium as a kid. First you see daylight, then the turf and it does something to you. I also felt a little like Gladiator, tho I knew no one would be entertained.

Earlier I wrote a little about what happened next. It kind of threw me for a loop. I just got warmed up and was loose and ready to go. But 5 minutes into it we had to stop and go find me a shaft and head. Watching Perry build it was a lot of fun.

My back got a little tight again but luckily it was short lived. It was fun swinging and hearing Perry's response. I know he's seen way better than what he was looking at but he made me feel confident and relaxed.

He was sure the M3 head was the only way to go for me. I never hit another head until the back 9 on Friday when I tried the M4. I never got my full trackman results, so sorry, I don't have break down difference. But I know what I saw and that was an entirely different ball flight. One was flatter and powerful looking and the other seem to float a bit.

He then worked me thru the bag and was just laughing. He asked what my goals are. Did I like scoring better or did I like to work hard? So you want to be good at golf??? Ok, let's try some other set ups.

I saw the same thing with each club in the bag. Too high, too much spin. I know the question will be was I ever fit properly? Obviously not. But I was under the impression I was. Top dude in my area, some would say. You just never know if what you're doing is right....until right laughs at you at the Kingdom.

Needless to say, there will be a fire sale upcoming.

We all got to hit two balls for longest and 2 for straightest and one 4 iron and one wedge. To win something. I was lucky to move anything at that point. But it was fun.

After that they took us inside and gave us some reeeeally sweet vintage looking bags. These should be checked out if you're in the market. Best pockets I've seen and very comfy for walking.

It’s no secret that TM’s goal is to find more fans of their brand. I think there’s big difference between Kool-Aid drinking and learning more about something and liking what you’ve learned. I got the distinct feeling that they loved what they do and the only thing that matters is making great products. There was very strong positive vibe everywhere we went.

Heading out for our round on Friday, I told Kenton that what happened with my clubs was a little like just learning your girlfriend is ugly as sin. You just couldn't see it but when you do....OMG.

So confidence was a little low and I was playing with some serious dudes. Patrick Baxter and Chris Rollins from TM and Kenton (Ron Swanson). All great guys, all great players. I had a few hiccups during the round but played fairly well for a dude with 12 ugly girlfriends. We hit driver on pretty much every hole and we probably should have hit it 7-8 times max. But we both did pretty well in the end.

The par 4 413 yard 18th hole was fun. They tried to talk us out of hitting driver (AGAIN) over the water into a heavy wind. We didn't listen (AGAIN) and both ended up dead center abut 90 and 95 out. Great ending to a great day.

We had to book to make our flights and barely did.

Thank you again Gwrx and TaylorMade!

I'll get my pics up asap.

Did anyone meet Darth Vader during your facility tours ?

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Scott. Rofl. "12 ugly girlfriends". Since you and I are the same body type and same swing speed you should hit me up before your fire sale!

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

WITB Link

Well, I'm still at the airport waiting to depart. Was supposed to leave early this morning but because of fog here the plane was not able to get into San Diego. I'm now on a direct to JFK as they didnt have any directs to Newark and/or Philly. In the meantime, here are some more pics:

Left to right, me, Ryan, Matt, and Rob (Hipcheck)

Me & Calvin pre-round:

My new Lifestyle tartan golf bag courtesy of TM!

That has got to be one of the coolest looking bags that I have ever seen.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

The Kingdom is a serious place. Logos on the water and even on the paper towels to dry your hands in the bathroom!

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

WITB Link

Did anyone on the trip view the new drivers as real game changers? And if so, why?

Probably. I hit a toe snap on the first hole that I knew I was going into the woods as soon as I hit it. It would have with my SZ for sure and likely my with LST G400. I was about 10 yards short from going in and made a par. That goes in, I get down on myself and spend the next few holes digging out. Instead, it set the tone for a -1 under start for me after 4.

Do I know for certain? How could I? But it's more of a feel thing and why you guys are going to need to test them on the course to see how it may help you. We all know our misses and the results that come with them.

I had a bad stretch of holes from 7-12. I was kind of checking out. On 13 I hit an awful toe again. That one almost stayed in the fw, made bird and got me going for a great finish.

So after one round, with a lot of rust, I saw enough to get excited.

Thanks Scott. :-)

The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience

Pre-trip/Day 1

So I got my pm from Rob last Thursday around 10:30am, when I first saw it I was asking myself "what have I done?", I don't recall post anything controversial or being confrontational with other members..... as I read thru the email, HOLY #$%*....I've just won my first ever GolfWRX OEM trip.

Rob told me that I have 5 hours to make my decision, I was pretty certain that there won't be any problem requesting days off with a short notice, I replied back to Rob with a big YES, requested my days off with my boss without any problem.....YAY.....now i just need to wait patiently until Wednesday right?! WRONG.....

I woke up Friday morning coughing, didn't think much of it thought it was just my allergy, boy was I wrong......Saturday ~ Monday I was getting a full on attack by the flu virus, high fever, body ache....the whole nine yard. Bed rest, fresh chicken noodle soup, Tylenol and ice pack to reduce the fever was all I can do. Was just hoping that by Wednesday I can be 70%-80% back so I can still make it and enjoy the time. Everything worked out at the end, my fever was gone around Monday, gain my energy back some on Tuesday.

=================================================================================================================

hsMqa8P.jpg

tJx0nCE.jpg

J8Ca40s.jpg

Travel day on Wednesday, I was the first to arrive, Jory (Global communications manger) and Ryan (Director of Consumer Engagement) has went all out for us and put us @

Park Hyatt Aviara, a beautiful Golf resort/spa.

C1SWQTL.jpg

cIwnCjD.jpg

uEjyF7x.jpg

dT3nMHa.jpg

rQpIfac.jpg

iJzM9bd.jpg

Everyone got some much needed range time to dust off the rust.

Day 2/Kingdom fitting and TaylorMade Tour

Jam packed schedule as shown below:

8:00am: Shuttle from hotel to TM HQ (main lobby)

• Welcome, meet & greet, breakfast

09:00am: M3 & M4 metalwoods presentation with Brian Bazzel, VP of Product Creation

10:30am: Depart HQ for Kingdom

10:45am: Kingdom warmups, introductions to fitters, etc.

11:00am: Driver fittings begin (you will receive your fitting assignment at this time)

12:30pm: Lunch on Kingdom patio / specs delivered to Tour dept. for custom builds

01:30pm: Additional time on range/skills competition on range

02:30pm: Campus tour

03:00pm: Golf ball lab tour

03:00pm: Tour dept. visit, Q&A.

03:30pm: Depart to hotel

06:00pm: Dinner

We were all greeted by this familiar view

tkm7xSF.jpg

YPqiJCp.jpg

Behind those doors

VCe8rC5.jpg

mlN5HBJ.jpg

DizrYiZ.jpg

DizrYiZ.jpg

XLE7bvb.jpg

aauCA3a.jpg

E2VsCA8.jpg

M9MraRi.jpg

0ksUn1Z.jpg

DsefTn1.jpg

GBcOICG.jpg

gi7bNxF.jpg

Tour Issue breakfast

Ofd7WSr.jpg

There are some hard working and smart folks behind these doors working on future product, off limits for us of course

ULsHU49.jpg

T6sDOBc.jpg

The presentation by Brian was very informative and refreshing, we started with "extended cut" of the video that many of you have seen already. Questions were flowing during the presentation, as others have already mentioned "Twist Face" is for 75% ~ 80% golf population, the data was collected via various measuring device, collective of different skill level golfers. And YES, TM is aware that if you miss on a toe shot with an open club face it's going further right. But to be fair, there is no such thing as one product fits all scenario, to capture that 75% ~ 80% of consumers based on their data point is a no brainer, and I'm sure all other OEM would do the same thing as TM.

During the video we heard Tiger and DJ talked about that they only hit 1 or 2 "PERFECT" shot during a competitive round.......it's hard to think that player of their caliber only hits 1 or 2 perfect shot and at the same time some people are expecting "Twist Face" will be the answer for everything!!

After the presentation comes what we are all waiting for....

Dd3vH3a.jpg

phkTbMp.jpg

uQcmSks.jpg

6KDEjiV.jpg

F0NHsOD.jpg

9vqSWJ5.jpg

83ifbag.jpg

GGhtMOX.jpg

2xDzSTx.jpg

blcwm75.jpg

GFBDUmx.jpg

fMvMso8.jpg

My gamer before the fitting was 16' tour issue M2, 9.7 degree set at LOWER setting with Tour AD GP 6s shaft and plays @ 45".

I was fitted to M3 440, 9 degree set at 1 click before LOWER setting with Tour AD TP 6s and plays @ 44.75".

Average number wise,

M2 - spin rate - 3000 ~ 2600 - angle of attack +3.5 degree - launch angle 13 degrees

M3 - spin rate - 2600 ~ 2200 - angle of attack +3.5 degree - launch angle 15 degrees

Gained a little overall distance but nothing earth shattering.

During the fitting and some driving range just now, I saw some "twist face" saved shot as advertised, I also saw that open toe high right miss.

Is this technology real?? Absolutely !! I can def. see me catching 1 or 2 more fairways due to "twist face" and for that simple fact the new M3 will be in my bag. As far as distance or dispersion, it looked good during the fitting but I really need to play a few more round and increase that sample size before I feel comfortable to comment on it.

One head that I think everyone need to give it a try is the new M4 D-Type, it spins a bit too much for me but what a anti right driver head, by using paint job the head looked perfectly square at address too.

I was really limiting myself of how many balls to hit during the fitting simply because I was still recovering from the sickness and was exhausted after the first 30 minutes. :( From outside looking in, these OEM trip look glamorous, but between travel, jam packed schedule, fulfilling our obligations to WRX members......it is very physical demanding and mentally draining.

Day 3/Golf @ Aviara and travel home

Craig and I had the first tee time (7:34am) because our flight was scheduled @ 2:00pm. Not looking for excuses but rushing yourself at an unfamiliar course is just not a formula to success. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL course, lots of elevation changes, uneven lies and healthy rough. Nothing was going for me during the round so........lets just enjoy the pictures :)

I missed the few holes due to tee box location or sun direction, sorry.

F9foDcu.jpg

hZ9hNws.jpg

rKajA27.jpg

5WZTMjH.jpg

DnUpYOn.jpg

OSoIC9Z.jpg

9szr6jx.jpg

bxVOFBD.jpg

EfjsSMM.jpg

UuS9Rdy.jpg

SRuAWN3.jpg

VwBg1Mg.jpg

uwiUZZY.jpg

GcP1RXW.jpg

a few of my favorite

3lWKrLR.jpg

wbMyoKO.jpg

A big thank you to GolfWRX and TaylorMade for organizing this trip. Jory, Ryan, Brian and everyone else there went above and beyond to make sure we all had a great time, it was also great to meet everybody from WRX side, Scott with that monster bicep and untamed power, Kenton with that beautiful, methodical swing, Dewey and Craig with their stories and joke, Rob being humorous and asking all the right questions, Tim competing with me on who has the latest and greatest Nike clothing :) and KEVIN being KEVIN.... :)

Like I wrote in my introduction email, getting fit @ the Kingdom is great, getting new clubs and free trip is cool, getting to meet all the people with same passion as you and make some friends alone the way is priceless.

Calvin.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Nice pictures of the course. I've saved all of them. It's a great reminder of each hole, the way it looked the day we played.

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

WITB Link

That's how you do it Calvin!

Let's see who wants to follow THAT!

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

WITB Link