True Linkswear Original and Outsiders?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really would like to try these but fear I will be stuck between sizes. I have had some models in size 12 from True that didnt fit and tried a 13 in others and they were boats.

They have the 30-day trial guarantee now and if you don’t play them, only try them on, they cover shipping both ways for an exchange. If you do play them and they don’t work out then you pay shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the early concensus on these? Worth the cost? Comperable to the first few generations of True?

Ping G30 LST @ 9* / PX HZRDUS Yellow 76
Callaway 816 Alpha @ 15* / Speeder 757
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid / Kuro Kage Black 80
Titleist 718 (4-6 AP2 / 7-P CB) / PX LZ
Callaway MD Forged 50* / PX LZ
Callaway MD PM Grind 56* & 60* / DG S300
Ping Sigma G Tess
Titleist Pro V1

What's the early concensus on these? Worth the cost? Comperable to the first few generations of True?

I can only speak to this release as I've never worn this brand in the past. However, after two rounds... totally surprised by how much grip the originals have. Felt like I was wearing spikes with how well my foot kept grounded. I think how low you stand off the ground helps in these. Reminded me of how well the TW15 feel. Like they sink into the turf just a touch for grip.

These things also stayed incredibly well tied through the round. They are comfortable.

The fit is a little wide tho. I feel like if I wear I second layer of sock it would fit snug like I want it to. Great shoe and worth the cost. We'll see how they last over time.

I can only speak to this release as I've never worn this brand in the past. However, after two rounds... totally surprised by how much grip the originals have. Felt like I was wearing spikes with how well my foot kept grounded. I think how low you stand off the ground helps in these. Reminded me of how well the TW15 feel. Like they sink into the turf just a touch for grip.

These things also stayed incredibly well tied through the round. They are comfortable.

The fit is a little wide tho. I feel like if I wear I second layer of sock it would fit snug like I want it to. Great shoe and worth the cost. We'll see how they last over time.

That width comment you made is incredibly common for first time True wearers. They are designed with a generous toe box to allow for the natural foot and toe splaying. This give you better balance, and distributes the weight through your foot like you are barefoot. You get used to it quickly, and honestly I hate to wear anything without this kind of toe box now. Was a long time vibram fan, and Altra shoes have become my go to for daily wear.

A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1525460-docs-trouble-makers-part-deux/"]WITB Link[/url]

That width comment you made is incredibly common for first time True wearers. They are designed with a generous toe box to allow for the natural foot and toe splaying. This give you better balance, and distributes the weight through your foot like you are barefoot. You get used to it quickly, and honestly I hate to wear anything without this kind of toe box now. Was a long time vibram fan, and Altra shoes have become my go to for daily wear.

Good to know!! I thought it was weird with how perfect they fit, yet it felt like I had all that room on the sides of my toe. Because heel to toe was fine.

I really like the shoe and the look. Fingers crossed I can keep them white for a long time.

I ordered a pair of the Originals and Outsiders. I haven't had a chance to play in them yet but have worn them around the house. I actually prefer the feel of the Originals as they feel very similar to the great True shoes of the past but I also like the Outsiders for days where I'm walking 18 or 36 as they have more cushioning. I'll try to post some in hand pics later this week.

Just got mine and walked 18 in the outsider three days ago. These were the first shoes I've ad with the built in fabric but the shoes were wonderfully comfortable. I went with a size 12 and probably needed a 12.5 but they were much more comfortable that the ecco bioms I wore the next day. I thought that for the price, they were easily better shoes than others I've tried.

Just got mine and walked 18 in the outsider three days ago. These were the first shoes I've ad with the built in fabric but the shoes were wonderfully comfortable. I went with a size 12 and probably needed a 12.5 but they were much more comfortable that the ecco bioms I wore the next day. I thought that for the price, they were easily better shoes than others I've tried.

Did you get the Originals or the Outsiders? I'm an 11.5 in most shoes but had to size down to an 11 in the Originals because the 11.5 were just too wide in the toe. I found that the slightly smaller size works really well because my foot stays in place and the extra toe box room in Trues allows my foot to spread out instead of trying to jam into the end of the shoe like most other shoes..

I pulled the trigger on a pair of the Originals (got the grey and navy colorway) and wore them to the range this evening. I must say that True knocked it out of the park assuming that the quality stands up like the first couple of generations. True, in my opinion, made the perfect shoe for those who loved the real originals. The only things that I did not like about the first generations was the odd "clown shoe" look and the padding around the heel/ankle. The new Originals have a wide toe box with no "clown shoe" look and the sock liner type of heel/ankle support is absolutely perfect. Also, the grey/navy colorway looks great with both pants and shorts. My fingers are crossed hoping that they stand up to the wet/himid mornings here in the south.

Ping G30 LST @ 9* / PX HZRDUS Yellow 76
Callaway 816 Alpha @ 15* / Speeder 757
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid / Kuro Kage Black 80
Titleist 718 (4-6 AP2 / 7-P CB) / PX LZ
Callaway MD Forged 50* / PX LZ
Callaway MD PM Grind 56* & 60* / DG S300
Ping Sigma G Tess
Titleist Pro V1

I've now worn the Outsiders and Originals on both occasions and I am really happy with both. These are definitely the best shoes True has come out with in a long time. The Outsiders definitely have more cushioning but that's not to say the Originals are bare bones. I think I'm preferring the Originals for most use but the Outsiders will be great when I'm walking 36. I could see wearing the Originals for a morning 18 and then switching to the Outsiders for the afternoon 18 just to have a little bit more cushioning when my legs are tired. I'm also really impressed with the grip. The Originals give you great ground feel and the soles really stick to the turf. The materials are also really great and I'm looking forward to seeing how they wear over time.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to have to echo all the positive reviews of the new TRUE shoes. I picked up a pair of the originals and I absolutely love them. My home course is a pretty challenging walk and I've ran through a whole gang of shoes trying to find something that fits the bill. Thus far, I've found them to be super comfortable, supportive and the waterproofing is great. Looking forward to getting a pair of the outsiders in the spring.

Through my purchase I linked up with someone from the company and he was kind enough to set me up with my own coupon code to share with my club and on here. Holidays are coming up and every little saving counts.

10% off all purchases. Code is TRUEJOE10

another positive review here.

I need zero drop golf shoes and these have been perfect. I've played in damp and dry conditions and have had no issue with slippage or traction.

the sock liner is great, you can use the lace to tighten them more but feel pretty good just slipped on and barely tied.

say what you want about the company, my experience was great, the even threw in a pair of free true classix for the halowwen or thanksgiving deal.

I used code CBG15 for 15% off, IIRC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always been a spiked player but I have been VERY pleased by the traction of The Originals. The waterproofing was crucial for me and I walk most of the time and The Originals are great. The new styles they released are sweet. Definitely stand out without being douchey.

If the previous codes don't work for you here's another one for 15% of all items: TRUEMike

Hopefully that'll help with the price concern others have mentioned above.

I wonder if any of you US based golfwrxers can help identifying True stockists in the US?

I'm in the UK and am keen to try a pair of the Originals but True charge $90 for shipping (almost the price of the pair of shoes once the discount code has been applied)

True seem a tad cagey on their website about who their domestic stockists are - might any of you know which US stores or golf clubs stock their shoes?

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Purchased my first pair of Trues since Ecco (my long time go to shoe) no longer makes a zero/minimal drop shoe. I tried both styles at the PGA Show and ordered a set of Outsiders as they were a bit more cushioned. Both felt great!!! The Outsider is not really a zero drop as compared to the Original but the feel for me was comparable. Played my first round in them last week and they were a pleasure to wear right out of the box. I really like the sock liner feel (also a first for me). Size was spot on. Also got several comments on the look which is odd for my motley group. May be my new go to brand.

Finally got to play a some more rounds in my originals, a few sloppy/wet New Jersey winter rounds and a few over the past few days in Florida. They’re hands down my favorite shoe I’ve ever worn. Insulated enough to keep your feet warm in the winter but not so much that can’t breathe in hot weather. Dry as a bone after trudging through mud and puddles. I was initially worried about the lack of spikes (these were my first spike less shoes), a lack of traction never even crossed my mind.

If anyone is looking to buy my coupon code is still active. 10% off your entire order.

The code is TRUEJOE10

Really like the looks of the originals and would really like to pick up a pair. However sizing seems confusing, I read some reviews where some people say they run small in size, some say they run large. When I look at their size chart 27.9 cm is a 11, on FJ and Eccos size chart 28 cm is a 10.

I had the first trues that came out in size 10.5 but they are now a little bit tight and they where considered very large in size. Would appreciate some recommendations, thinking about 11 or 11.5. I have sent question to True directly but they have not replied.

Hey all, I’m a Wayfarer for True so I can answer questions. I’ve owned True for years and now own the Outsiders and the Originals. Went through the sizing search with the new models and have finally settled on sizes that fit me in both lines. These Trues are the best yet, really great shoes. DM me with questions or if you want a coupon code.

Really like the looks of the originals and would really like to pick up a pair. However sizing seems confusing, I read some reviews where some people say they run small in size, some say they run large. When I look at their size chart 27.9 cm is a 11, on FJ and Eccos size chart 28 cm is a 10.

I had the first trues that came out in size 10.5 but they are now a little bit tight and they where considered very large in size. Would appreciate some recommendations, thinking about 11 or 11.5. I have sent question to True directly but they have not replied.

What size did you end up going with if you ordered? stuck with this same conundrum right now