What Are You "OCD" About?

Sean2

The top line of any driver, fw or hybrid. One scratch and its out. I see guys playing with all head-covers off, clubs clanking against each other. Hits me in the core of my being....

I'm with you on this. But the putter is the biggest for me. I once had an Odyssey milled putter that I had completely personalized. It got one ding on the top line. Had to sell it and completely rebuild it again.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Then than then than then than your you're your you're your you're........... hopeless!

Brought to you by..................the WRX spelling and grammar police.

It's "couldn't care less", not "could care less". lol

Yes Sean, this could go on for months, years even, perhaps decades. irregardless...oops,,,regardless

I used to be anal about spelling and grammar but stopped caring about it here at WRX. More important

things going on...........like the return of the Elephant.

BTW, who hoes a road??????.................uh tough ROW to hoe..........besides, around here we ho clubs.

not roads or rows.

Well, if we are OCD about equipment, many of us are probably OCD about grammar and spelling. :-)

Then than then than then than your you're your you're your you're........... hopeless!

Yes Sean, this could go on for months, years even, perhaps decades. irregardless...oops,,,regardless

I used to be anal about spelling and grammar but stopped caring about it here at WRX. More important

BTW, who hoes a road??????.................uh tough ROW to hoe..........besides, around here we ho clubs.

not roads or rows.

Well, if we are OCD about equipment, many of us are probably OCD about grammar and spelling. :-)

The solution is to become OCD about not letting your OCD rule your fingers and type some grammar

or spelling correction. See.............easy peasy....just have to get your OCDs in proper order.

Also, the WRX gods will remind you you live in a glass house....and the minute you start correcting people

a PHD English professor will show up to correct you. :)

not roads or rows.

The solution is to become OCD about not letting your OCD rule your fingers and type some grammar

or spelling correction. See.............easy peasy....just have to get your OCDs in proper order.

Also, the WRX gods will remind you you live in a glass house....and the minute you start correcting people

a PHD English professor will show up to correct you. :)

Yes. I am not interested in correcting people, but I DO get annoyed with myself if I make grammatical/spelling errors. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Grass on the toes of my shoes while putting.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5* Tensei Blue 65 S 
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16* AeroTech Steel Fiber FC HYB S (+1/2")
Srixon ZU85 4(22*) UST Recoil f3
Callaway Apex ‘21 5/6 UST Recoil SW 780 f4 (+1/2")
Callaway Apex Pro ‘21 7-AW UST Recoil SW 780 f4 (+1/2")
Callaway MD5 Tour 54*S /60*T DG S200 (+1/2")
Toulon San Diego 34” or Odyssey #1 Tank CB 38” 
Callaway Chrome Soft 3's

Hate when my clubs aren't in the correct spot in my bag.

very cool, Midland Texas in the house... I grew up in Midland. Where do you play out there?! Green Tree? First golf I ever played was at Hogan... I think... it was... 25 years ago, OUCH!

NO! THIRTY YEARS AGO!

Criminy...

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5 LS 4-way Stand Bag

PING Anser 11°, Graphite Design Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Titleist 915Fd 15° 3W, Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S

Wilson/Staff D-100 19° 3H, Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Adams Idea Black CB2 4-PW, KBS Tour 90-S

Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/10, DG S400

Edel E-1

Ever reach for a wedge and it's not there? I get a real panic attack until I find it in the slot with my odd # irons. Whew!

Yes...and yes! It's bad enough losing a wedge for example, but in my case it's not like I can just go out and purchase a replacement. My irons/wedges are +2-inches...I would have to special order one, and it could take a couple of weeks or longer, before I received it.

Ever reach for a wedge and it's not there? I get a real panic attack until I find it in the slot with my odd # irons. Whew!

Yes...and yes! It's bad enough losing a wedge for example, but in my case it's not like I can just go out and purchase a replacement. My irons/wedges are +2-inches...I would have to special order one, and it could take a couple of weeks or longer, before I received it.

Sean, the Amazing Hulk...I'm guessing 6'5" my friend?

My clubs, whether in a cart, push cart or if I'm carrying, must be to the right of the ball must be in front of me when I'm at address. To the right of the ball when looking at the hole. If cart/bag/etc starts off sort of in my view I don't care, but if it comes into my peripheral vision while taking a shot it is super distracting. Other than that, I don't think I get too worked up about stuff. My regular playing partners might notice a few things but nothing else really comes to mind.

Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
Vokey 46° 
Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

Sean, the Amazing Hulk...I'm guessing 6'5" my friend?

Lol! Yes...if I play barefoot. :-)

Tees, no colors, white or natural only.

Everything except driver is hit off a broken tee. I will snap one in half if I can't find one.

Once a ball goes in a lake it's tainted. Will not take it out and hit it again. I may pull it out and throw it in my shag bag. This does not apply to balls retrievable from ob or dry hazards or those I can actually play from the water. Just once it's submerged

I will not putt with someone else's ball in the hole.

Wooden natural color tees only, must have clean shoes, clubs, new golf balls, clubs in their correspondent spot (14 way Ping hoofer) bottom 4 all wedges (left to right) 58, 54, 50, PW...first middle row same 9, 8, 7, 6, next row 5, 4, hyb, putter, last 2 slots 3W and Driver...divot tool, ball marker and 3 regular tees and a short tee in right pocket, glove in right rear pocket...just to mention a few...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Everything except driver is hit off a broken tee. I will snap one in half if I can't find one.

Once a ball goes in a lake it's tainted. Will not take it out and hit it again. I may pull it out and throw it in my shag bag. This does not apply to balls retrievable from ob or dry hazards or those I can actually play from the water. Just once it's submerged

Okay... this is where MY OCD has now snapped...

I have been a faithful follower of this thread for over a year now, and this is oddly my breaking point... Because...

I find it maddening all the fuggin' broken tees on the tee box. It looks awful, looks like littering, and it annoys me where you can't pick up your fuggin' tees, ESPECIALLY if they're broken, kasi it's TRASH NOW...

I know EXACTLY why people do this. For the reason above, yes, but there's this silent covenant amongst golfers that the teeing up off a broken tee is a thing, the noble response is that they're now RECYCLING the tees...

But man alive if it just LOOKS like a giant wooden tee trash bin to me... and man if they are buried, still in the ground, I bend down and dig them out and take them over to the bin...

I know, buzzkill right?

Sorry fellas and fillies... my problem.

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5 LS 4-way Stand Bag

PING Anser 11°, Graphite Design Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Titleist 915Fd 15° 3W, Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S

Wilson/Staff D-100 19° 3H, Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Adams Idea Black CB2 4-PW, KBS Tour 90-S

Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/10, DG S400

Edel E-1

Okay... this is where MY OCD has now snapped...

I have been a faithful follower of this thread for over a year now, and this is oddly my breaking point... Because...

I find it maddening all the fuggin' broken tees on the tee box. It looks awful, looks like littering, and it annoys me where you can't pick up your fuggin' tees, ESPECIALLY if they're broken, kasi it's TRASH NOW...

I know EXACTLY why people do this. For the reason above, yes, but there's this silent covenant amongst golfers that the teeing up off a broken tee is a thing, the noble response is that they're now RECYCLING the tees...

But man alive if it just LOOKS like a giant wooden tee trash bin to me... and man if they are buried, still in the ground, I bend down and dig them out and take them over to the bin...

I know, buzzkill right?

Sorry fellas and fillies... my problem.

Triggered... :swoon:

There other day I counted all of my golf balls:

ProV1x: 43 dozen

ProV1: 19.5 dozen

C/S: 2.5 dozen

Mid-Price: 9 dozen

Winter: 6 dozen

Range: 8 dozen

I gave all of my golf shoes a really good cleaning (I keep them clean, but now they look new). Waxed the heads of my driver and fairway woods, along with all the shafts (the grips, heads, and glove were already clean). And, washed my hats (I keep them clean, but wanted to give them a really good scrub.

I am ready for the season...just a few months to go. lol

I gave all of my golf shoes a really good cleaning (I keep them clean, but now they look new). Waxed the heads of my driver and fairway woods, along with all the shafts (the grips, heads, and glove were already clean). And, washed my hats (I keep them clean, but wanted to give them a really good scrub.

43! 43 dozen ProV1x balls! Ah ah ah...

43! 43 dozen ProV1x balls! Ah ah ah...

Lol!

These are the ones in good condition I have found. Sometimes after a round I want a bit more exercise, so I will wander around in the woods and look for golf balls.

Did the OCD thread morph into the hoarders thread?

Did the OCD thread morph into the hoarders thread?

No...I have to count my golf balls, and do the other things I mentioned as well. It's not like I have a choice. lol

After each round, I have to brush the dirt off every club and wipe down all of the shafts. I love to keep my gear fresh!

I do that after every shot!

I play with people who never clean their clubs so they have to spend 30 minutes at home after a round deep cleaning them. Some never clean them!

Take a shot > wipe the club > put back into bag looking as fresh as the day you bought it. Simple.