2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Brands You Won't Play

pierso2

I will consider most brands but shy away from Taylormade. Doesn't mean I wouldn't play a particular club but I would really need to love it...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylormade due to extremely bad CS I've received from them. PXG why pay so much? Ping nothing against them but their clubs do not look good to me.

Cobra LTDX 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.0

Ping G400 17.5* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 

Taylormade SIM Max Hybrid 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S 

Mizuno MP69 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cleveland Zipcore 50* 54* 58* DG Tour Issue X100

Toulon San Diego

Geez...good question.

If I'm being honest with myself, I could put a bag together from any OEM and be fine with it.

Brands that I typically don't look at are Callaway and TM. Brands that appeal to me are Titleist, Mizuno, and PING.

This is also my exact position. Don't really look at TM or Callaway (although I have a 3Deep and it's amazing), and graviate towards Ping, Titleist and Mizuno.

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

Mizuno. Their fanboys nauseate me!

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX

It's not that I won't play them but that I don't particularly hit them well and they don't make their best clubs for lefties, Tour Edge.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Titileist. Ping. Callaway.

1: Don't like their logos. If callaway was just their chevron, I wouldn't mind them. Titleist and ping have no true logo that I can think of. It's just their name in A specific font. That's it. Boring.

2: Just like they're logo is boring, the stereotype I think of when I see those brands are a bit snobby and stuck in old tradition - not the people that play the stuff, the company themselves.

3: they don't really have any colors in their schemes. Give me some flash!!!

PXG. It's nothing truly special that pretty much every OEM has done at one time or another. Plus, the average joe can't even sniff them without harvesting organs. We can fit anything else for a fraction of the price.

Are you against Ferrari, Rolex, Louis Vuitton, .......or hundreds of other brands that the average Joe can't afford. Guess what, PXG is not making clubs for you. And that is absolutely okay because they are flying off the shelves at custom fitters which validates they have found a market niche and are serving it. This may not be the case next year as niche products must continue to evolve. But for now.........

PXG. It's nothing truly special that pretty much every OEM has done at one time or another. Plus, the average joe can't even sniff them without harvesting organs. We can fit anything else for a fraction of the price.

Are you against Ferrari, Rolex, Louis Vuitton, .......or hundreds of other brands that the average Joe can't afford. Guess what, PXG is not making clubs for you. And that is absolutely okay because they are flying off the shelves at custom fitters which validates they have found a market niche and are serving it. This may not be the case next year as niche products must continue to evolve. But for now.........

its funny you bring up ferrari with pxg... Bob has a famous "untruth" associated with Ferrari...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Scotty Cameron (or any artisan/boutique putter manufacturer) - I appreciate his skill/artistic ability and absolutely marvel at the way that brand is marketed but I choose not to participate. I had a Cameron putter at one point, it was neat I guess but it didn't make me a better putter. I feel a lot better about three putting with an $100 Odyssey, TM, or Ping right off the rack.

Cast iron sets. In my opinion, they're too bulky, have too much offset, have really thick top lines and huge soles, are often ugly, and have jacked lofts.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

These threads are always interesting to me... I know it's meant to start discussion for fun, but people answer honestly with reasons of their own and someone ALWAYS jumps in to defend the brand in question and try to prove how the person is wrong or hypocritical... LOL

I used to feel there were brands I wouldn't play but not the case anymore, they all make great gear nowadays, but if I HAD to choose one it would probably be Callaway. The new MB are really nice but the driver production is out of control...

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

haha great topic, im not super prejudicial against any brands in entirety, but certain brands i wont play certain clubs from on principle

TM putters or wedges - just not classy enough for me

Newer Ping putters - they perform, but jeez the feel is like cheap plastic

Cleveland drivers - just look weird to me

Titleist irons - too cliche for me, they look fantastic and obviously perform, but im a non-conformist

Wilson drivers - the whole DvD thing is a ball of lolz

TEE drivers/irons/wedges - when your FWs are that good, it means everything else must suck (at least in my weird opinion)

Cobra hybrids - yeah i know Leo DaVinci designed them, but they look weirdly buldgy to me

Adams drivers - worst sound known man

Mizuno - lmao jk mizzy is infallible

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

The only brand I really just don't want to play is Scotty Cameron Putters. Just so much puffery, like Cameron putters are God's grace to this earth. I actually really like a lot of the other Titleist clubs as they seem well constructed and always look good (especially their fairway woods).

I'm down with that. Most Camerons are mass produced in the low paying , quality lacking counties of the far East (and the savings passed on to the consumer) it reflects in the performance of the product. However I do like their beanies.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Callaway - all the bogan yobbos (rednecks) used to play them when I was younger and that turned me off them, along with their designs that seem way over the top.

Taylormade - just never liked any of their gear.

Titleist - none of their gear appeals to me, their balls are over priced and so are the clubs.

Ping - never liked Ping either. Way too much offset in the irons, chunky designs in the main for the irons. Will never game any of their irons. Got fitted into a Ping G driver, ignored the brand and bought it - best driver I have hit!!

Oh, that old chestnut...

1. A Ferrari is demonstrably better than a Toyota Camry. One is (largely) handmade with far superior measurable performance and materials. Dumb analogy.

2. Rolex...same as above, though performance is questionable. Any watch with a mechanical movement, like Rolex, is going to be more expensive than your run of the mill Citizen.

2. Louis Vuitton....every bit as ridiculous as PXG.

PXG is not so expensive that they're out of range for your typical upper-middle class golfer. Most people that can afford them are smart enough to know they're no better than their competitors. I've still never seen a set of them, and I play at one of the more pricey courses in my area, so I have to question your "flying off the shelves" claim.

I won't play Taylormade anymore either because they won't give Mark Crossfield free clubs to demo :cheesy:

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

The Emperor will chime in and offer his imperial opinion on various brands, some odious.

I have been an equipment hoarder and I have seen them all. Let me first say that every company has equipment that is acclaimed or shunned. To me, cosmetics are vital. I believe that in addition to performance, the clubs must look good from every angle. I will share my opinions company by company.

Adams

When I first saw the Tight Lies fairway woods in 1995, I thought that the idea of inverting the face so that the top line was narrower than the wider leading edge was innovative, but gradually they transitioned back to traditional designs. Inverted face simply wasn't revolutionary. Their Idea irons are very good, and their drivers are OK, though one of my most reliable drivers is the Redline, which I must add has a square face.

Bridgestone

Very good equipment. Maybe Japanese influence?

Callaway

Certainly one of the behemoths of the 1990's, their approach to design was initially performance first, cosmetics second. Tradition was thrown out the door and engineering came in first, and the company's first concept of innovation was their S2H2 hosels--or lack of hosels, so to say. The premise was to redistribute weight from the hosel to the face. Quirky, but they hit paydirt thanks mainly to Rich Parente a Dick Delacruz for taking the S2H2 farther by enlarging the head, hence Big Bertha driver. Chi Chi Rodriguez, I recall, first showed the driver to the world at a geezer tour event, and he was passing everyone with it, and everyone had to have one. Woods got bigger and bigger, and their release of the Big Bertha Irons back in 1995 was truly revolutionary. However, the top lines of those clubs were absolutely disgusting to look at, coupled with their severe offset, but the company did not care: performance first, cosmetics last. When Dick Helmstetter came on board and fired Parente and Delacruz, he merely continued and built on innovation and came up with some good designs, most notably the Steelhead Plus 3 wood, which is my favorite today. However, gradually over time, after Helmstetter retired, they shifted from radical equipment to more traditional. You see clubs today that have thinner top lines, less offset, and they even did away with that stupid S2H2 hosel. If they dropped S2H2, the whole concept was hype in the first place? However, kudos to them for getting club designers excited and creative. Will I play Callaway? With the exception of some of their Odyssey putters, not really, because these were the culprits who caused everyone to jack up the lengths and lofts, and their equipment today is still heavily jacked up.

Cleveland

Certainly one of the most darling companies of the 1980's with their superb persimmon woods and traditional designs in their Tour Action series. However, Roger Cleveland must have either been desperate or high on drugs when he designed the VAS irons. Even though those "garden tools" won our national Open in 1995, there is no doubt that cosmetics are an important consideration, as sales of VAS irons gradually faded, and soon after Roger sold his company to Rossignol and he started working for Callaway, which he is still doing a great job designing superb wedges. Today, Cleveland is meh, with equipment that is somewhat back to traditional.

Cobra

I can't do it, dude. These guys took the same approach as Callaway during the '90's, and they were the idiots who came out with oversize irons. Oversize woods and oversize irons for over-sized egos. Back in the mid-90's, the typical hacker bag was Callaway woods and King Cobra irons. I actually had an unsavory experience in an encounter with Tom Crow. He barked at me for just looking into his bag. He wanted to be left alone, so of course I obliged. This personal encounter is not so much the reason why I shun this equipment as much as their horrid designs of oversized irons and extreme offset (leading edges were behind the right edge of the shaft!). Do you see these features in their equipment today? Of course not! Why so? Because all that crap was hype, and they know it. Gary Biszantz, Tom Crow and Greg Norman made out with hundreds of millions when American Brands (now Fortune Brands) bought them out in the mid-to-late 90's, and they laughed all the way to the bank. Cobra faded away into the sunset after those bandits took the money and ran, but now they are a decent company at best. Will I play their equipment? No way, because their equipment is the most jacked in the industry--don't they have a pitching wedge at 43 degrees? Their game-improvement irons are still offset, but their player's clubs are very good, I must admit.

Miura, And Other Japanese Companies

They make great clubs, no doubt, and they know how to make a club. However, they have high price points for their equipment over there, and it is hard to justify paying over a thousand bucks for a used set. They even came out with an iron (Miura Genesis) to compete with PXG, as long as idiots are willing to pay $300 per club.

Mizuno

Once one of the darling companies of the 1990's, they are still one of the top companies for irons. How can anyone here not like a good Mizuno forging? Their woods are meh, but they are always known for superb irons.

Nike

Phil Mickelson was absolutely right when he called Nike "inferior equipment," and they came out with some God-forsaken abominations. Remember the Sumo2 driver, especially the first generation? That horrid driver sounded like a trash can lid when you hit the ball with it. The worst sound ever for a driver, absolutely the worst of all. I would rather hit an old Top Flite driver with a Muscle shaft than that POS. With the remote exception of possibly the Victory Red forged irons, nothing else was good. This company is the lowest on my list, and I am glad they are out of business. Case closed.

Ping

Their offset was severe (leading edge in line to the right edge of the shaft), but not as severe as King Cobra. These guys were the innovators of game-improvement irons, and they set the first golf wave in the late 80's that took away most of the tennis players, myself included, as they switched from tennis to golf. After they released their Eye2 irons, everyone made knockoffs and that was how I got started. Hey, these clubs are easy to hit! I must give them credit for their woods because for a long time they refused to shut their faces on their woods up until about the K15 driver, when I started losing respect for them. Their irons were disgusting not so much for their designs, but for their offset. However, my attitude changed when they first released their i3 Blade irons. Today their irons are still offset, but not as bad as their designs from the late-80's thru 90's. Their putters are good, and my favorite putter is a simple Anser 3, which I have sunk many putts from 10' to 15' or so. They set the benchmark with putter design with their Anser putter, and I give them a word of respect for that.

PXG

Overpriced! Very much hype with these clubs, and they are for people who earnestly believe that the arrow makes a difference. I would not play these clubs because, quite honestly, I am not willing to pay $300 per club for zero difference in performance. The only thing I can add here is that I don't care about the person Bob Parons is alleged to be, but I have seen him play golf and swing the club. He is not a good golfer, to put it kindly.

Titleist

I confess that I am a Titleist guy. I highly praise these guys for not going crazy and releasing radical and stupid designs. I gave them a lot of credit for their woods for traditional shapes and zero face angles. Furthermore, I like their irons for their thin top lines and little-to-no offset. Most of all, I give them credit for designing clubs with the thought of traditional design first before engineering. They did design a few woods I do not like, but their irons are most of the time spot-on with what I am looking for. They brand themselves as "serious clubs for serious golfers," which I agree. Now on the issue of their overpriced putters, I agree with everyone here that Scotty is deliberately gouging his fans, and he is often called "Mr. Xerox" for copying designs, given that some of his original designs (e.g., Futura, Detour) are disgusting abominations that faded in the annuls of Titleist's dark past. Despite that, I give Titleist top marks for sticking with tradition and being the total antithesis to Callaway of old.

Srixon

A relatively new company, but their irons I like for their absence of offset. I have not much more to say.

TaylorMade

I first fell in love with their woods since I started playing golf in 1990, and I still have their Tour Preferred metalwoods today. They have always been the leader in drivers because, quite simply, they know how to make a driver. This is not to say that all their drivers are the best, because I am a stickler when it comes to face angles; I want a perfectly square face at address or if anything, maybe one degree open. However, they do have their TP series to accomodate face-angle snobs like me, but generally they try their best to help average golfers improve off the tee, even it it means shutting the face. Up until recently, they have never been known for their irons. I happen to have a set of ICW5's that I actually do like to play, but a lot of their irons were not so popular. Today, they have made great strides and their irons are now good. RAC Coin Forged, Tour Preferred, RSI ii are all fabulous designs.

Wilson

Once one of the premier companies for a long time, they simply lost out to overwhelming competition. Some of their shameful offerings (e.g., INVEX, Deep Red, Fat Shaft irons, etc.) are evident of desperation rather than innovation. Even their Staff line is not as good as from glory days of old. They may have a few decent woods, and the only thing saving them are their remakes of the FG musclebacks. Putters suck and Joe Phillips isn't around anymore to design their wedges. They are still popular in Europe, though I wonder why.

Honorable Mention: Axis1

Absolutely disgusting putters. How can you not throw up when you look down at their Eagle putter? These putters are too loud, and Luis Pedraza even created a softer version in his Tour-S putter, which most Tour Players would still not use.

I think the only major brand that I'd shy away from would be Cleveland. Outside of wedges, they haven't put out a product I'm interested in in a long time. The brand itself turns me off for some reason. Not for anything that they've done. I don't hate them by any means. I just don't see myself ever buying a Cleveland club. No good reason I guess. They were in a lull a few years back, and that's the Cleveland I think about when I look at their stuff.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

The only brand I really just don't want to play is Scotty Cameron Putters. Just so much puffery, like Cameron putters are God's grace to this earth. I actually really like a lot of the other Titleist clubs as they seem well constructed and always look good (especially their fairway woods).

I'm down with that. Most Camerons are mass produced in the low paying , quality lacking counties of the far East (and the savings passed on to the consumer) it reflects in the performance of the product. However I do like their beanies.

I thought there was a thread on her somewhere where it talked about Cameron making his putters in the US, not made by foreign countries anymore and haven't been for a while? I could be wrong...

I will agree though, a putter for the most part, is a putter... No amount of money or bling attached to it is going to make it drop more putts.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

The Emperor will chime in and offer his imperial opinion on various brands, some odious.

I have been an equipment hoarder and I have seen them all. Let me first say that every company has equipment that is acclaimed or shunned. To me, cosmetics are vital. I believe that in addition to performance, the clubs must look good from every angle. I will share my opinions company by company.

Adams

When I first saw the Tight Lies fairway woods in 1995, I thought that the idea of inverting the face so that the top line was narrower than the wider leading edge was innovative, but gradually they transitioned back to traditional designs. Inverted face simply wasn't revolutionary. Their Idea irons are very good, and their drivers are OK, though one of my most reliable drivers is the Redline, which I must add has a square face.

Bridgestone

Very good equipment. Maybe Japanese influence?

Callaway

Certainly one of the behemoths of the 1990's, their approach to design was initially performance first, cosmetics second. Tradition was thrown out the door and engineering came in first, and the company's first concept of innovation was their S2H2 hosels--or lack of hosels, so to say. The premise was to redistribute weight from the hosel to the face. Quirky, but they hit paydirt thanks mainly to Rich Parente a Dick Delacruz for taking the S2H2 farther by enlarging the head, hence Big Bertha driver. Chi Chi Rodriguez, I recall, first showed the driver to the world at a geezer tour event, and he was passing everyone with it, and everyone had to have one. Woods got bigger and bigger, and their release of the Big Bertha Irons back in 1995 was truly revolutionary. However, the top lines of those clubs were absolutely disgusting to look at, coupled with their severe offset, but the company did not care: performance first, cosmetics last. When Dick Helmstetter came on board and fired Parente and Delacruz, he merely continued and built on innovation and came up with some good designs, most notably the Steelhead Plus 3 wood, which is my favorite today. However, gradually over time, after Helmstetter retired, they shifted from radical equipment to more traditional. You see clubs today that have thinner top lines, less offset, and they even did away with that stupid S2H2 hosel. If they dropped S2H2, the whole concept was hype in the first place? However, kudos to them for getting club designers excited and creative. Will I play Callaway? With the exception of some of their Odyssey putters, not really, because these were the culprits who caused everyone to jack up the lengths and lofts, and their equipment today is still heavily jacked up.

Cleveland

Certainly one of the most darling companies of the 1980's with their superb persimmon woods and traditional designs in their Tour Action series. However, Roger Cleveland must have either been desperate or high on drugs when he designed the VAS irons. Even though those "garden tools" won our national Open in 1995, there is no doubt that cosmetics are an important consideration, as sales of VAS irons gradually faded, and soon after Roger sold his company to Rossignol and he started working for Callaway, which he is still doing a great job designing superb wedges. Today, Cleveland is meh, with equipment that is somewhat back to traditional.

Cobra

I can't do it, dude. These guys took the same approach as Callaway during the '90's, and they were the idiots who came out with oversize irons. Oversize woods and oversize irons for over-sized egos. Back in the mid-90's, the typical hacker bag was Callaway woods and King Cobra irons. I actually had an unsavory experience in an encounter with Tom Crow. He barked at me for just looking into his bag. He wanted to be left alone, so of course I obliged. This personal encounter is not so much the reason why I shun this equipment as much as their horrid designs of oversized irons and extreme offset (leading edges were behind the right edge of the shaft!). Do you see these features in their equipment today? Of course not! Why so? Because all that crap was hype, and they know it. Gary Biszantz, Tom Crow and Greg Norman made out with hundreds of millions when American Brands (now Fortune Brands) bought them out in the mid-to-late 90's, and they laughed all the way to the bank. Cobra faded away into the sunset after those bandits took the money and ran, but now they are a decent company at best. Will I play their equipment? No way, because their equipment is the most jacked in the industry--don't they have a pitching wedge at 43 degrees? Their game-improvement irons are still offset, but their player's clubs are very good, I must admit.

Miura, And Other Japanese Companies

They make great clubs, no doubt, and they know how to make a club. However, they have high price points for their equipment over there, and it is hard to justify paying over a thousand bucks for a used set. They even came out with an iron (Miura Genesis) to compete with PXG, as long as idiots are willing to pay $300 per club.

Mizuno

Once one of the darling companies of the 1990's, they are still one of the top companies for irons. How can anyone here not like a good Mizuno forging? Their woods are meh, but they are always known for superb irons.

Nike

Phil Mickelson was absolutely right when he called Nike "inferior equipment," and they came out with some God-forsaken abominations. Remember the Sumo2 driver, especially the first generation? That horrid driver sounded like a trash can lid when you hit the ball with it. The worst sound ever for a driver, absolutely the worst of all. I would rather hit an old Top Flite driver with a Muscle shaft than that POS. With the remote exception of possibly the Victory Red forged irons, nothing else was good. This company is the lowest on my list, and I am glad they are out of business. Case closed.

Ping

Their offset was severe (leading edge in line to the right edge of the shaft), but not as severe as King Cobra. These guys were the innovators of game-improvement irons, and they set the first golf wave in the late 80's that took away most of the tennis players, myself included, as they switched from tennis to golf. After they released their Eye2 irons, everyone made knockoffs and that was how I got started. Hey, these clubs are easy to hit! I must give them credit for their woods because for a long time they refused to shut their faces on their woods up until about the K15 driver, when I started losing respect for them. Their irons were disgusting not so much for their designs, but for their offset. However, my attitude changed when they first released their i3 Blade irons. Today their irons are still offset, but not as bad as their designs from the late-80's thru 90's. Their putters are good, and my favorite putter is a simple Anser 3, which I have sunk many putts from 10' to 15' or so. They set the benchmark with putter design with their Anser putter, and I give them a word of respect for that.

PXG

Overpriced! Very much hype with these clubs, and they are for people who earnestly believe that the arrow makes a difference. I would not play these clubs because, quite honestly, I am not willing to pay $300 per club for zero difference in performance. The only thing I can add here is that I don't care about the person Bob Parons is alleged to be, but I have seen him play golf and swing the club. He is not a good golfer, to put it kindly.

Titleist

I confess that I am a Titleist guy. I highly praise these guys for not going crazy and releasing radical and stupid designs. I gave them a lot of credit for their woods for traditional shapes and zero face angles. Furthermore, I like their irons for their thin top lines and little-to-no offset. Most of all, I give them credit for designing clubs with the thought of traditional design first before engineering. They did design a few woods I do not like, but their irons are most of the time spot-on with what I am looking for. They brand themselves as "serious clubs for serious golfers," which I agree. Now on the issue of their overpriced putters, I agree with everyone here that Scotty is deliberately gouging his fans, and he is often called "Mr. Xerox" for copying designs, given that some of his original designs (e.g., Futura, Detour) are disgusting abominations that faded in the annuls of Titleist's dark past. Despite that, I give Titleist top marks for sticking with tradition and being the total antithesis to Callaway of old.

Srixon

A relatively new company, but their irons I like for their absence of offset. I have not much more to say.

TaylorMade

I first fell in love with their woods since I started playing golf in 1990, and I still have their Tour Preferred metalwoods today. They have always been the leader in drivers because, quite simply, they know how to make a driver. This is not to say that all their drivers are the best, because I am a stickler when it comes to face angles; I want a perfectly square face at address or if anything, maybe one degree open. However, they do have their TP series to accomodate face-angle snobs like me, but generally they try their best to help average golfers improve off the tee, even it it means shutting the face. Up until recently, they have never been known for their irons. I happen to have a set of ICW5's that I actually do like to play, but a lot of their irons were not so popular. Today, they have made great strides and their irons are now good. RAC Coin Forged, Tour Preferred, RSI ii are all fabulous designs.

Wilson

Once one of the premier companies for a long time, they simply lost out to overwhelming competition. Some of their shameful offerings (e.g., INVEX, Deep Red, Fat Shaft irons, etc.) are evident of desperation rather than innovation. Even their Staff line is not as good as from glory days of old. They may have a few decent woods, and the only thing saving them are their remakes of the FG musclebacks. Putters suck and Joe Phillips isn't around anymore to design their wedges. They are still popular in Europe, though I wonder why.

Honorable Mention: Axis1

Absolutely disgusting putters. How can you not throw up when you look down at their Eagle putter? These putters are too loud, and Luis Pedraza even created a softer version in his Tour-S putter, which most Tour Players would still not use.

remind me to never ask you what time it is.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Titileist. Ping. Callaway.

1: Don't like their logos. If callaway was just their chevron, I wouldn't mind them. Titleist and ping have no true logo that I can think of. It's just their name in A specific font. That's it. Boring.

2: Just like they're logo is boring, the stereotype I think of when I see those brands are a bit snobby and stuck in old tradition - not the people that play the stuff, the company themselves.

3: they don't really have any colors in their schemes. Give me some flash!!!

Nike had flash. HAD flash. Substance wins out over style.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

It's not that I won't play them but that I don't particularly hit them well and they don't make their best clubs for lefties, Tour Edge.

I'm with you all day on that! I love their Exotics fairway woods but it really hurts that they don't make many options in LH. I'd love to get a 5 wood or 4 wood from them. I just smash the 3 too well to keep it in the bag. It flirts with driver distance for me and leaves me with a funny gap.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]