Directed Force...who still likes it?

ferrispgm

I'll 2nd the "whoa"!

Disappointing to hear. Any more details Schnee? I hate to hear someone's trying to squeeze Bill out. Hoping he was savvy enough to put together an air-tight patent that he can take with him as needed. I can see how some putter manufacturers would love to get there hands on this technology.

It appears as though Bill, his father and another investor, have equal equity in Directed Force. Bill has been outvoted on a number of items including introducing new putter models, new Presse Grip models, etc. Most recently, his two partners (including his father) have forced him out of daily operations by limiting his compensation to 30 hours per month at a ridiculously low rate (i believe It was around $10-15 per hour.)

They've taken to a few social media outlets, leaving Bill out as founder and inventor, and insinuating that he quit of his own choosing.

Wow; disturbing and unfortunate. It's a great product, easily the best putter I've ever owned; I'm not sure what the upside is of getting rid of the guy that developed that.

I love mine and it hasn't left the bag for even one single round since I put it in the bag over a year and a half ago. I would like to upgrade but not until Bill is onboard.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

That's a shame. Bill was super helpful and responsive to me when ordering my DF a couple months back.

I wish him well.

That said, I am still struggling to keep the putter in the bag all the time. Part of the problem is that I have some beautiful TP Mills pieces that look sooo nice. But, I need to really do a head to head comparison--my gut is that I probably have less putts per round with the DF in the bag and obviously should be my gamer.

Thanks for the heads up, what a shame

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

That's a shame. Bill was super helpful and responsive to me when ordering my DF a couple months back.

I wish him well.

That said, I am still struggling to keep the putter in the bag all the time. Part of the problem is that I have some beautiful TP Mills pieces that look sooo nice. But, I need to really do a head to head comparison--my gut is that I probably have less putts per round with the DF in the bag and obviously should be my gamer.

No kidding, I got a beautiful Rife Bimini finished in the torch rainbow but when I have to choose between looking at a beautiful putter and a putter that will make putts, I'll take the latter.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I really enjoy it.

Ever since Monte's clinic my hands aren't so low, so I putting with it severely toe down right now. I feel this is screwing up some of the tech behind it and every once in awhile I miss a stupid short one.

That said, I think that's definitely fixable -- I just can't afford a new putter right now and it kills me to buy another one of the same for a different lie angle. In any case, I found it helps me most on the longer putts. I like the super balanced feel of it.

Have been using it this season and I expect to still use it next season -- and hopefully get a better lie angle, when I can afford it. :( Wish they came in different colors.

Name drop Monte for sure.

Thanks all for your comments! Definitely name drop Monte for a $50 discount :) Putters are shipping within 1-2 weeks right now.

I'll 2nd the "whoa"!

Disappointing to hear. Any more details Schnee? I hate to hear someone's trying to squeeze Bill out. Hoping he was savvy enough to put together an air-tight patent that he can take with him as needed. I can see how some putter manufacturers would love to get there hands on this technology.

It appears as though Bill, his father and another investor, have equal equity in Directed Force. Bill has been outvoted on a number of items including introducing new putter models, new Presse Grip models, etc. Most recently, his two partners (including his father) have forced him out of daily operations by limiting his compensation to 30 hours per month at a ridiculously low rate (i believe It was around $10-15 per hour.)

They've taken to a few social media outlets, leaving Bill out as founder and inventor, and insinuating that he quit of his own choosing.

Wow; disturbing and unfortunate. It's a great product, easily the best putter I've ever owned; I'm not sure what the upside is of getting rid of the guy that developed that.

Disturbing mostly because these stories are so inaccurate! Except the one that says Bill4 resigned from his DFP day job - that is definitely true. Lots of lies and half-truths going around I'm sorry to say :(

I'll 2nd the "whoa"!

Disturbing mostly because these stories are so inaccurate! Except the one that says Bill4 resigned from his DFP day job - that is definitely true. Lots of lies and half-truths going around I'm sorry to say :(

It's a shame, I think you guys have made a big mistake. What's Scotty Cameron without Scotty? Edel without Dave Edel? Lamb without Tyson?

The Presse Grip and lie angle balancing are a great innovation... Just not the same without their inventor.

This has been a great thread to read. I sent my video fitting in during the holidays and expect the putter to ship and arrive any day now. Helen and Bill were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with over email.

Hearing Bill is not involved anymore is indeed sad.

I still plan on emailing him feedback and an update as soon as the putter arrives and I can at least putt with it in the living room. This winter is not letting up here. Wish my wife would agree to the idea of a tight cut green carpet in the living room with a few carefully cut holes in the floor boards - easily covered with plants when not in use. shux!

Quick question - I use a claw grip when putting. Has anyone used this putter with a claw grip and liked the Presse Grip?

I'll 2nd the "whoa"!

I’m calling bs. The stories are indeed true unfortunately.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Plenty of us have been on contact with Bill, he did NOT resign.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Just found out guys, Bill is back! He will be at the PGA Show. The problems at the company are leaving and there are some very exciting things going to be happening this year!

Stay tuned to Directed Force or as it will be known going forward, ..... you'll have to hear that from Bill Presse, the actual inventor and founder.

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

Just found out guys, Bill is back! He will be at the PGA Show. The problems at the company are leaving and there are some very exciting things going to be happening this year!

Stay tuned to Directed Force or as it will be known going forward, ..... you'll have to hear that from Bill Presse, the actual inventor and founder.

Yessir! I'm excited to see what Bill is cooking up!

Great news! Look forward to hearing more about the return.

I believe there was talk of a brass blade prototype at the PGA show.

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

I believe there was talk of a brass blade prototype at the PGA show.

I got to talk to Bill about a potential "Mini Me" Reno. That would be so good to my eyes. Yeah, I hope Bill closes soon and be back in control & with his "secret sauce" (as he says)

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

I just got home from visiting my son in AZ. Was out there for my 50th Bday. I ordered a Directed Force Putter over the holidays and of course it delivered the day AFTER I left for my trip. lol... But that was ok - because it gave me something very special to look forward to when returning home.

After hugging the wife and kids I immediately bolted to my office where my wife set the box in clear view.

I tore it open like an 8 old and read the pamphlet and immediately started to bond with this work of art.

After putting with it for an hour in the living room I am certain this will be a fun game changer in the bag.

The feel was perfect off the face.

I LOVE the press grip - and I use a claw grip. Because of that press grip I have a alittle extra room to put my right hand on the grip with the claw. It feels amazing. Confidence building.

The head cover is quite impressive as well - very well made with 2 strong magnets.

The set up, the alignment and the squareness of the face was exactly as promoted - awesome.

Now I just hope my living room putting prowess translates to the actual putting green.

I have very high hopes for this new weapon.

Thank you Bill and Directed Force for an awesome BDay Present to myself.

The only comment for improvement would be the ability to pick up the ball with the putter head.

Maybe I just need to practice that more - but it seems to roll off the putter when trying to scoop it up after putting.

Worst case I will get more exercise bending over to pick up my ball - out of the hole!

Will report more once I play a full round with this beauty.

Please snow melt!!!

Congratz on your DF! Looks like a Reno 2.0. However, I doubt if thats a Bill's build. Afaik, Bill is not back in the saddle yet but close, real close. Jus sayin'

Congratz on your DF! Looks like a Reno 2.0. However, I doubt if thats a Bill's build. Afaik, Bill is not back in the saddle yet but close, real close. Jus sayin'

Hoping he is back very soon. Just sent him an email thanking him for his help and wishing him the best. Man I love this putter.

Hoping he is back very soon. Just sent him an email thanking him for his help and wishing him the best. Man I love this putter.

It gets even better, trust me on that. Also check out Bill's video on how to correctly setup the putter in your stance - that is the biggest influence to my improvement with this putter :)

DF question, if I lengthen the shaft an inch, will that throw off the lie balance of this putter?

Depends on where you grip it.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

It gets even better, trust me on that. Also check out Bill's video on how to correctly setup the putter in your stance - that is the biggest influence to my improvement with this putter :)

Congrats on the DF Tom! I agree with SB that it only gets better.

I noticed you said you use the claw grip. I assume most golfers who go to the claw do so to keep a right hand that is a bit “ jittery” or that simply wants to get too involved in the stroke. I know I went thru a stretch where I was getting a bit yippy and went to the claw but never got very comfortable with it as my grip felt too unstable using just the LH. So.....I’m curious if any DF owners have moved AWAY from the claw due to the DF almost wanting to swing itself?

robbo - while I don't use a claw, I use a "2 finger" Vardon style with my Presse grip.

Basically, the left hand has the left thumb completely flat on top of the grip on the middle to left side (looking down). While the right hand has the index & middle finger touching the bottom of grip, the ring and pinky goes overlap). Both thumbs are touching the top of the grip (sitting side to side). I find that this combination of grip gives me the best "relax" feel without an overtly right hand dominance (I am right handed).

Can you please post or send me the link to Bills video? Want to make sure I am looking at the right one. Thank you!

Congrats on the DF Tom! I agree with SB that it only gets better.

I noticed you said you use the claw grip. I assume most golfers who go to the claw do so to keep a right hand that is a bit “ jittery” or that simply wants to get too involved in the stroke. I know I went thru a stretch where I was getting a bit yippy and went to the claw but never got very comfortable with it as my grip felt too unstable using just the LH. So.....I’m curious if any DF owners have moved AWAY from the claw due to the DF almost wanting to swing itself?

Yes - my right hand got very "active" during the putt. It wanted to jerk the club at impact. The claw has given me new life with the putter. Happy the claw works so well with this grip and putter. Perfect fit. Man I hope the course is open this weekend. Wearing a path in the living room carpet.

Can you please post or send me the link to Bills video? Want to make sure I am looking at the right one. Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR4v6JcJsdc

DF question, if I lengthen the shaft an inch, will that throw off the lie balance of this putter?

Depends on where you grip it.

I grip the putter at the very top. I could stand more upright if was an inch longer. Also standing more vertiacal will bring my eyeline directly overtop the line on the ball.

Get a mirror, put it on the floor, angled so you can see your putter at address - take your stance with a ball at address. Look in the mirror and check your lie angle and see if the sole is flat on the floor. I use something called "The Putting Stick" to check my lie, whether I'm over the ball, and rolling the ball well.

https://www.theputtingstick.com/the-putting-stick-original-p/puttingstickog.htm

One of the better training aids you can use at home for putting. That, and the Pelz Putting Tutor.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR4v6JcJsdc

HUGE Help! Thank you. Centering the tip of the shaft gives me a much better stroke. This putter keeps getting better and better.

Side note - I noticed he has a red DF putter face. I didn't know you could order these in red!? That looks awesome. Will need to order another one as a backup!