Masters tips?

wmblake2000

What kinds of msde did you buy that you really liked?

Well lets see......

Polo Shirt

Pullover

Jacket

2 Masters Players Towels

Coffey Mug

Hat

Masters Truvis Cup

24 Ball Markers

2 Divot Tools

6 Key Chains

1 Belt

1 T Shirt

6 Sleeves of Pro V1 and V1x

2 Chairs (should have bought 2 more, they are awesome and made very well)

2 Flags

4 Pins

That was all for me!!!! Went a little overboard on the ball markers, but I can give some of the duplicates away as gifts.

Others,

8 Sleeves of Pro V1's

6 Hats

2 T Shirts

Polo Shirt

3 Flags

8 Ball Markers.

This year I will deff get a couple more key chains, 4 chairs, another Flag, probably a bag tag, another cup or 2, another pull over, jacket, shirt, hat, 8 or less ball markers, pin, backpack and who knows another $400-$500 more worth of stuff.

There stuff is quality stuff and I learned very early on dont be afraid to buy things that are quality. Plus I like the look of most of their things and I think 85% of their things are not overpriced. I went to the PGA Championship and their stuff was just as if not more expensive then at the Masters.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kinds of msde did you buy that you really liked?

Well lets see......

Polo Shirt

Pullover

Jacket

2 Masters Players Towels

Coffey Mug

Hat

Masters Truvis Cup

24 Ball Markers

2 Divot Tools

6 Key Chains

1 Belt

1 T Shirt

6 Sleeves of Pro V1 and V1x

2 Chairs (should have bought 2 more, they are awesome and made very well)

2 Flags

4 Pins

That was all for me!!!! Went a little overboard on the ball markers, but I can give some of the duplicates away as gifts.

Others,

8 Sleeves of Pro V1's

6 Hats

2 T Shirts

Polo Shirt

3 Flags

8 Ball Markers.

This year I will deff get a couple more key chains, 4 chairs, another Flag, probably a bag tag, another cup or 2, another pull over, jacket, shirt, hat, 8 or less ball markers, pin, backpack and who knows another $400-$500 more worth of stuff.

There stuff is quality stuff and I learned very early on dont be afraid to buy things that are quality. Plus I like the look of most of their things and I think 85% of their things are not overpriced. I went to the PGA Championship and their stuff was just as if not more expensive then at the Masters.

I went overboard the first time i went as well, spent over $1200 and there wasn't many gifts. I just grabbed multiples of everything. Key chains are great! The Tiffany & CO Masters charm might have put me over the top, but kept me in the good books.

Went last year on Monday and picked up a few more key chains and t-shirts before the rain delays. This year I am going again on Monday and will try to keep it under $200.

If you stand near 16th tee box the caddies will pick up divots and give it to the people in the crowd. People eat that up. I like finishing at 16th grand stand to watch the final groups and then watch the greens crew come out in perfect formation.

This is a great thread. I think I’m gonna literally take notes from it!

Glad someone mentioned the phone - when people said ‘take pics’ I just assumed I’d use my phone.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

This is a great thread. I think I’m gonna literally take notes from it!

Glad someone mentioned the phone - when people said ‘take pics’ I just assumed I’d use my phone.

Nope no phones allowed on the grounds! Cameras allowed Mon - Wed, but not on tournament days.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Also, take a picture in front of the clubhouse after the merchandise but before walking the course, there will be no line! Bring a ribbon to attach to your chair to easily find it among the hundred of others, and bring binoculars. Watch some tee shots on the par 3 4th, you don't see that a lot and it's a fantastic hole!

Also, be sure to buy some markers for your buddies (there are 4x boxes), a little item from Augusta it's the best gift!

Btw, I brought a pine cone back home :D

Don't get into a conversation about the BBQ sandwich.

Me: What sort of BBQ is it, pork or beef?

A: It's BBQ

Me: Yeah, but it must be something

A: It's BBQ

Me: OK

It's not shrimp on the barbie!

We were assisted by the nicest women, many in high school, at the concessions. All you have to do is pick up the package and turn it over - the label tells you what is in it - it is self-serve - they are there to take your money and keep things moving. I'm sure it would have been nice if the person had known the answer, but it's there in print on the sandwich.

And if you aren't ordering pimento cheese, you take what you get and like it!

I love the egg salad sandwiches, LOVE THEM, I probably ate 6 each day I went. The only problem is after about 1 hour or so of walking in the heat..... everyone around may come to find out you like them also!!!

Yes, I eat the egg salad sandwiches like tic-tacs.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

Take a lot of pictures! ANGC is nirvana!!! Here are a few (of the hundreds) of the pictures I took on the 2015 Monday practice round. This was Ben Crenshaw's last competitive Masters. I left ANGC and The Masters exceeded EVERY expectation I had about the course and tournament. Unbelievable!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Take a lot of pictures! ANGC is nirvana!!! Here are a few (of the hundreds) of the pictures I took on the 2015 Monday practice round. This was Ben Crenshaw's last competitive Masters. I left and ANGC and The Masters exceeded EVERY expectation I had about the course and tournament. Unbelievable!!!

Great pics!

The cool thing is once you go you will see pics do not do the course justice!!! I have never seen a place manicured that well, not even the White House front lawn (I have been on it before).

That is no joke! I remember shortly after arriving we started walking, first down #1. Then got to #2 tee box in between groups. There was a guy with one of those dust buster type floor cleaners going over the teeing ground. There's an army of volunteers, picking up pine cones and leaves out of place, any piece of garbage that doesn't make it into the trash (this doesn't happen much because everyone is very respectful there), etc.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

• 3 weeks later...

What type of camera did you guys take with you?

Driver: Stealth Plus 10.5* Ventus Red
Fairway: Ping G400 17* Tour AD-DI
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Tour AD-DI
Driving Iron: New Level NLU-01 4 and 5 iron Steelfiber i95
Irons: New Level 623 CB Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Wedges: Fourteen RM-4 50*, 56* and 61*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

1. Buy everything you want as soon as you arrive, then take your merchandise to your car and put it in the trunk.

2. When you come back in, have egg salad sandwiches for breakfast. Don't eat on the way to the course.

3. Bring an extra memory card and extra batteries for you camera.

4. Bring a fanny pack for your camera and batteries. You'll be glad you did.

5. If there is any chance of rain, bring a small foldable umbrella with a carabiner clip you can attach to your belt loop.

6. Start walking the course going up the right side of hole number one, and walk every hole on the course.

7. Once you get to 18, turn around and walk the course in reverse, going down the opposite sides of each hole you walked on the first go around.

8. Get several course layout sheets. I have one framed from every year I've attended.

9. Get a picture from behind the tee on #11. I'm still amazed it's not a par 5.

10. If your camera has video mode, get video of the "skip" shots on # 16 during the practice rounds. Again, have an extra memory card for your camera.

11. Get a picture behind the tee on 18. It's amazing how narrow the chute is.

12. Pick up a pine cone or two. They are nice keepsakes.

13. If the azaleas are in full bloom, get pictures of the left rough area about 175 yards from the green on hole #8. Really beautiful.

14. As Billy Payne says, "Have fun."

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

I took a DSLR: Nikon D3300/55-200 VR zoom lens. A few times I wished I had a much wider lens, took a minimal camera bag, but next time I will have that as well - I'm optimistic! Longer zoom would have been nice for longer shots back down fairways trying to frame in players, but I was satisfied with pics. Best pics were from our chairs just in front of the 5th on the par 3 course - like seeing these guys walking up!

I took a DSLR: Nikon D3300/55-200 VR zoom lens. A few times I wished I had a much wider lens, took a minimal camera bag, but next time I will have that as well - I'm optimistic! Longer zoom would have been nice for longer shots back down fairways trying to frame in players, but I was satisfied with pics. Best pics were from our chairs just in front of the 5th on the par 3 course - like seeing these guys walking up!

Thanks. I'll be going in Monday this year and it looks like I'll be needing to get a camera.

Thanks. I'll be going in Monday this year and it looks like I'll be needing to get a camera.

Do some research, tons of great options out there and the DSLR route certainly isn't a necessity, but I started using a 35mm SLR when my first child was born and just feel comfortable with that kind of photography and control. Tried to use my iPhone alone at the last Ryder Cup and that was a big mistake. You can get some good images with digital zooms on plenty of digital cameras, but image quality becomes an issue with enlargements and I like as much info in the image as I can get. Again, just some time spent researching options and recommendations. It's nice to be able to fill the frame from a distance, know your exposure is going to be accurate and balanced, get high quality video, etc. so you do get what you pay for and my camera is considered budget and pretty basic, but it does everything pretty well and I tend to put a little money into lenses.

That's when I'm going, too.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Has anyone used a standard digital camera? I would be buying the camera really just for the Masters and hate to drop $400 on a camera.

I saw the post re Masters chairs and started to post there but didn’t want to derail op’s question.

I’m going Monday practice round. Yahoo! I am totally excited - wife and I had planned a trip this spring but she was gracious and postponed it so I could go.

My primary goal is to see the course and get a good feel for it. Second is just a few things from the store. Ball markers are my thing. I’ll use it and recall. I *hope* it won’t be too crowded.

My plan is to walk it from 1 to 18. Watch a couple of groups play each hole. Eat a green wrapped pimento & cheese sandwich. Take lots of pics. Really get a feel for how they play the course and the course itself.

For me, I had some options. My niece lives in Augusta and she knows some people. (But she and husband laughed at idea of getting me on the course. Not doable. Rats.)

I chose practice round. The tournament looks to be packed with people and I have never found being there to be a good way to watch a tournament.

Anything else that people have found really great? I don’t plan on sitting at any one hole too long - but if you were going to linger somewhere, where would you stop?

11th tee. You don't see much else from there other than down the fairway to the top of the hill, but it's a great spot to be able to interact a bit with caddies and players. The crosswalk on the top of the hill on 15 is another cool spot - looking toward the green, you'll probably ask yourself "where the hell would I land the ball..."

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

Enjoyed having lunch in the grandstands near 12th tee, you can see lots of stuff there. We got on the ropes short and on the left side of 16 green, plenty to watch - you can see back to the tee and the green. Guessing at landing spots and walking up the fairway on holes is fun (pick the proper side for pics) and you can be all by yourself watching someone hit their approach shots. It's crowded, but it's not, if that makes sense.We got right up on the ropes behind 7 green - that's fun to watch. Not sure about the starting on 1 and walking 18. By the time you get there groups will be out, so you may want to work your way backwards, who knows.

A tip. If you put your camera bag on the ground while standing by the ropes to take pictures, take it from me, security considers those ropes to be a mostly invisible vertical wall, so if your bag is at your feet and it is 6 inches, yes 6 inches, inside what they consider the ropes extended down on some invisible plane, make sure you move it back, or before you know it there will be a voice in your ear whispering, "Sir . . . . ." LOL, took my foot and moved it back 6 inches and he smiled and said thanks. Everyone there is super nice, but you could tell the security people were very serious people - and nice.

Ugh I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. It still hurts too much.

I won Wednesday practice round tickets last year and spent a total of 40 min on the course due to the rain out.

My tip for you, is pray it doesn't rain.

I can confirm that they quickly close the merchandise tents. My souvenir from the Masters is 1) A plastic cup that my beer came in and 2) a rock from the parking lot (I wasn't leaving empty handed).

Were you SOL? Was there any attempt to add a day to your ticket or a ticket for the next year?