Mevo vs SC200 vs ES14

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to purchase either Mevo, SC200 or ES14. Which is the best? Please let me know your experiences.

i have the sc200 and i am very happy with it. It seems petty accurate for my carry and total distances.

I only use it for dialing in my clubs as it works great for that.

The mevo gives more data including spin and launch angle. However to get good spin numbers you need to add metalic dots to the ball I don`t fancy doing that and my driving range so i stuck with the sc200.

Looking to purchase either Mevo, SC200 or ES14. Which is the best? Please let me know your experiences.

i have the sc200 and i am very happy with it. It seems petty accurate for my carry and total distances.

I only use it for dialing in my clubs as it works great for that.

The mevo gives more data including spin and launch angle. However to get good spin numbers you need to add metalic dots to the ball I don`t fancy doing that and my driving range so i stuck with the sc200.

Thanks for this, that's my impression as well. I'm really passionate about technology ( I have more time to practice than play) and I have everything from Swingbyte to Zepp. Swingbyte has been fine and I've paired it up against a Trackman at our club and believe it or not the differences were less than +/- 5% on measurables that could be compared. We do pay for our Trackman sessions so that can get expensive over time....

I've looked at the SC200 and Mevo in great detail and each has their advantages depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. I'm waiting this week to see if anything pops from the PGA show and will probably run with the SC200 if nothing earth shaking comes out of the show. Don't need to pair it with another device ( although the Mevo video function is interesting in the app) and I like the dial-in distance function of the SC200. I already have a pretty good spin profile for my driver and not necessarily thrilled about putting stickers on driving range balls to get spin numbers. No interest at all in the ES14..

Certainly cost plays a role and the SC200 can be had for $289 or less versus $499 for the Mevo, so cost versus benefit on how you'll use it is something to consider. If something with spin no stickers comes out from the show in the $500 range, I'll definitely take a look at it..

Hope that helps..

Ping G430 Max Ventus TR Red Velocore 6R
Titleist TSR 2 3wood Tensei S

Callaway Apex UW 21 Hazardous Smoke 5.5
Mizuno MP 243 5-GW C-Taper Lite R
Sub 70 JB Forged 52

Edel SMS 58
Toulon Atlanta StrokeLab 35"

I checked out these 3 at the end of the season. I ended up getting sc200 for reasons stated above. I have a Danamax net with a 4x5 CCE mat in the garage. Last year I would just hit balls into it, Over last summer, found I needed to work on distances with my short irons and wedges. The cs200 works well measuring the distances of the irons. What's really nice is that you can adjust the angle for each club. The remote is a nice when you change clubs.

:golfer:

Spoiler

Stay the Course; and my the Course be with you!

Understand price is certainly a factor, and definitely wait to see if anything drops at PGA. But i don’t think S200 is comparable to Mevo. The hardware, reliability, and app output, on the Mevo is better and FS is constantly releasing firmware/software improvements. You can often find a like new used Mevo on BST for ~$400.

Nice reviews.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

IMO, the BEST feature of MEVO that no one talks about is the video integration! When using video, the app edits your swing to a 5-second clip and overlays the swing data. The video can be uploaded to myflightscope.com where it can be sent to an instructor, or sent out via social media.

MEVO firmware updates have made an INCREDIBLE improvement in overall performance since its release. Missed shots and odd readings were the norm when it was first released. Now, they are infrequent. Distance accuracy is very good when compared to my actual range distance, a Trugolf simulator, and a Trackman.

IMO, the BEST feature of MEVO that no one talks about is the video integration! When using video, the app edits your swing to a 5-second clip and overlays the swing data. The video can be uploaded to myflightscope.com where it can be sent to an instructor, or sent out via social media.

MEVO firmware updates have made an INCREDIBLE improvement in overall performance since its release. Missed shots and odd readings were the norm when it was first released. Now, they are infrequent. Distance accuracy is very good when compared to my actual range distance, a Trugolf simulator, and a Trackman.

Thanks for the input on the Mevo. I was interested in the video function and how later firmware updates addressed earlier issues.

Sub 70 JB Forged 52

Edel SMS 58

I guess I am the only one in the ES14 court. I have had both the ES12 and 14 and for me they have been reliable for what I expected. On the ES14 the measured clubhead and ball speed are both very accurate and the calculations they use to determine other factors provide a solid result. I really wanted it for the basics and never had any intentions to use it for driver fitting or anything that really requires full flight capabilities. The only downside to the 14 for me is its size compared to the mevo or sc200. I have no intentions of changing but if I were buying for the first time I think the Mevo would get a serious look especially because of its size and the the Flightscope reputation. Honestly they were the first big name to take a chance on a consumer model. That is a huge risk because failure at the consumer level can have very negative effects on brand name. The fact that they took the jump (Trackman does not seem to want the average golfer business) shows the confidence in their technology and the years of collected data behind the scenes that brings it to life very accurately. I think all 3 are good choices and its going to come down to how you intend to use it.

Have to agree on this. Over the winter period I have really come to appreciate this as I try to work on my swing.

Being able to just leave the Mevo and Phone/Tablet in place and get it to record/edit/display my swings has been invaluable.

Only downside is that I now know how ugly my swing is :cry:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

Do any of these do angle of attack?

If not, what kind of price point are you looking at to get that measurement?

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the insight everyone. The frequent updates with the Mevo make me think hard about it. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the SC200, though. Again, if used on the range, is the Mevo still worth it, when you can’t get spin rate readings (unless you put the stickers on each ball, which seems stupid in a public range scenario)? The video function is nice. But so are the practice and approach modes on the SC200, which IMHO help me get better more quickly than watching my swings on video.

No loft adjustments on the Mevo, correct?

Can data from Mevo sessions be exported to create private statistics, say in Excel?

Still looking for a definitive advantage of the Mevo. Also, pricing-wise, SC200 wins.

Any opinions on these points?

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

Thanks for all the insight everyone. The frequent updates with the Mevo make me think hard about it. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the SC200, though. Again, if used on the range, is the Mevo still worth it, when you can’t get spin rate readings (unless you put the stickers on each ball, which seems stupid in a public range scenario)? The video function is nice. But so are the practice and approach modes on the SC200, which IMHO help me get better more quickly than watching my swings on video.

No loft adjustments on the Mevo, correct?

Can data from Mevo sessions be exported to create private statistics, say in Excel?

Still looking for a definitive advantage of the Mevo. Also, pricing-wise, SC200 wins.

Any opinions on these points?

Unless a complete mis-hit, MEVO does a fine job of measuring spin WITHOUT stickers.

MEVO's spin without stickers compared to the indoor simulator I use is typically within 5-7%.

If I want to vary my distances during a practice session, my brain can randomize numbers.

I export my practice data to Excel, by copy/pasting from a myflightscope.com account.

Unless a complete mis-hit, MEVO does a fine job of measuring spin WITHOUT stickers.

MEVO's spin without stickers compared to the indoor simulator I use is typically within 5-7%.

Didn’t know this, sounds great!

If I want to vary my distances during a practice session, my brain can randomize numbers.

Sure, but the rating system and automatic random distance generation sounds like a lot more fun than saying: “Ok, 52 yards now.  But it’s not a game changer, I agree.

I export my practice data to Excel, by copy/pasting from a myflightscope.com account.

Good to know this works and another advantage of the Mevo.

SC200 gives you statistics by showing your average numbers per club. The data can be reset so one could have it as a longtime average or per session or per week etc. But no export.

Mevo is way more flexible I guess.

I just saw a YouTube review that showed vast distance miscalculations with longer clubs, though. Like 30 yards more than what Trackman showed, with the exact same hits. That put me off a little. But generally, I’m still indecisive which one to get. Mevo seems more future ready due to updates being possible. SC200 does just a few things, but does them very well and has almost all parameters that I need to see.

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

I'm very interested in the SC200. However, whatever (if ever?) monitor I buy must work on an outdoor range as well as indoors. I have read here and there that the SC200 is *much* happier indoors. Can anyone comment on this one way or another? Thanks.

I haven't had any issues with my SC200 outdoors. I found that the outdoor readings are typically closer to my real yardages, probably because it has more ball flight to measure than in my garage. I primarily use mine indoors, and only issue I've had was with a friend who has a very flat backswing. I simply had to move the SC200 farther back to get readings for him.

While the SC200 does not measure/show ball flight, I found it's ease of use and small footprint very useful for quality-of-strike feedback. I was never one to like mats at a range, but ever since getting my home mat/net setup with the SC200 it has helped me a lot.

As stated in the other thread, I’m happy to report that I pulled the trigger on the SC200. Expected to arrive on Wednesday. Since I’m on the range daily at the moment, I’m gonna be able to post a short term opinion next weekend. Excited!

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

As stated in the other thread, I’m happy to report that I pulled the trigger on the SC200. Expected to arrive on Wednesday. Since I’m on the range daily at the moment, I’m gonna be able to post a short term opinion next weekend. Excited!

Good for you, let us know your thoughts once you've had a chance to try it.

Sub 70 JB Forged 52

Edel SMS 58

After one 2 hour session last night in terribly cold weather here’s some things I found:

- very reliable, read every single shot

- our range lighting is partially broken at the moment, even in dim light it worked fine

- handling with the remote is great, super easy and I never had to reach for the actual unit on the floor, changing lofts is super quick (so my buddy can use it as well)

- woods and utility club buttons have each a couple numbers of clubs under them, you can toggle through and adjust the loft for each club (W3/W4/W5/W6/W7, U3/U4 etc.)

- wedges are less cool, just PW, AW, SW, and loft ranges don’t allow me to set the AW to my SW loft (56), and the SW to my LW (60); I guess the LW range is not within the 30 ft minimum, that’s why SW is the shortest club

- if anyone wants me to list loft ranges, I could do that

- in the manual, it says it’s suggested for indoor use (didn’t realize that)

- temperature measuring when starting up shows it only goes down to 0 C/32 F; it was -10 C/14 F here last night, that might influence the measurements

- pulls/pushes or general mishits like worm burners still record but are obviously way off- but that’s to be expected

- distances seemed legitimate, I don’t have a laser but there’s markers and targets on our range and those distances correlated; will compare with my buddy’s Bushnell these days

- 50-90 yards distances were off a couple times, but I blame the bad lighting and super cold temperatures along with rock hard range balls and their questionable flight characteristics- will further test this, as short game practice is high on my list

Modes:

- practice mode (you make a shot, it gives you the data) is nice to learn your distances (no sh*t), I’m a beginner so that was, um, interesting (aka humbling); I noticed it makes you want to just hammer away with your long clubs, I need to get more disciplined to work on all my clubs

- target mode I didn’t use (set a distance, try to get as close as you can with ten shots, get rated), will do that soon, sounds like fun

- approach mode IS fun haha- did that all night; it randomly gives you ten different distances you have to match, and rates your performance for the ten shot session; thing is, some distances require a different club (it’s automatically set to SW but you can change clubs), this can be a little annoying to take out the remote every time and change the club on it; after shot registration, it takes a little too long to move on to the next shot, but that’s a minor thing

Verdict after 2 hours:

I like it. Great little unit. Remote is awesome. It also keeps time for the session and you can check your stats, was very interesting to see my actual distances. Swing speed doesn’t always translate to good ball speed, and that matched the feel for the respective shot. When I just flushed it, the data correlated with what I felt.

I trust it so far. Will update my findings after more use.

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

After one 2 hour session last night in terribly cold weather here’s some things I found:

- very reliable, read every single shot

- our range lighting is partially broken at the moment, even in dim light it worked fine

- handling with the remote is great, super easy and I never had to reach for the actual unit on the floor, changing lofts is super quick (so my buddy can use it as well)

- woods and utility club buttons have each a couple numbers of clubs under them, you can toggle through and adjust the loft for each club (W3/W4/W5/W6/W7, U3/U4 etc.)

- wedges are less cool, just PW, AW, SW, and loft ranges don’t allow me to set the AW to my SW loft (56), and the SW to my LW (60); I guess the LW range is not within the 30 ft minimum, that’s why SW is the shortest club

- if anyone wants me to list loft ranges, I could do that

- in the manual, it says it’s suggested for indoor use (didn’t realize that)

- temperature measuring when starting up shows it only goes down to 0 C/32 F; it was -10 C/14 F here last night, that might influence the measurements

- pulls/pushes or general mishits like worm burners still record but are obviously way off- but that’s to be expected

- distances seemed legitimate, I don’t have a laser but there’s markers and targets on our range and those distances correlated; will compare with my buddy’s Bushnell these days

- 50-90 yards distances were off a couple times, but I blame the bad lighting and super cold temperatures along with rock hard range balls and their questionable flight characteristics- will further test this, as short game practice is high on my list

Modes:

- practice mode (you make a shot, it gives you the data) is nice to learn your distances (no sh*t), I’m a beginner so that was, um, interesting (aka humbling); I noticed it makes you want to just hammer away with your long clubs, I need to get more disciplined to work on all my clubs

- target mode I didn’t use (set a distance, try to get as close as you can with ten shots, get rated), will do that soon, sounds like fun

- approach mode IS fun haha- did that all night; it randomly gives you ten different distances you have to match, and rates your performance for the ten shot session; thing is, some distances require a different club (it’s automatically set to SW but you can change clubs), this can be a little annoying to take out the remote every time and change the club on it; after shot registration, it takes a little too long to move on to the next shot, but that’s a minor thing

Verdict after 2 hours:

I like it. Great little unit. Remote is awesome. It also keeps time for the session and you can check your stats, was very interesting to see my actual distances. Swing speed doesn’t always translate to good ball speed, and that matched the feel for the respective shot. When I just flushed it, the data correlated with what I felt.

I trust it so far. Will update my findings after more use.

It sounds like a nice unit.

I wonder why these and the MEVO (both Doppler-based IIRC) seem to have difficulty with higher lofts. I do wonder if these are the clubs most in need of stickers for MEVO to perform optimally.

I just used my MEVO in data-only mode (no video) last night on one of our e6 simulators. MEVO was incredibly consistent, running 2-7 yards longer compared with the sim. Or, maybe I should say the sim was incredibly consistent compared to the MEVO? : )

After a couple more hours using it in super cold, snowy weather and only in dim lighting conditions (can only go in the evenings and they haven’t fixed the lights yet), my latest observation is that it does not read wedge shots well. Distances are all over the map. Have to test more and in better conditions.

Will also do comparisons to the range installed Trackman.

Reliability with shot registering is amazing, though. Hardly ever misses a shot.

Swing speed vs. ball speed and resulting smash factor match what the shots feel like and the trajectory. You can just tell when you flushed a shot and that’s when there’s good numbers.

Will report back on the wedge issue. Approach mode is useless this way, so I hope lights and snow are the reason for the inconsistencies.

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

After a couple more hours using it in super cold, snowy weather and only in dim lighting conditions (can only go in the evenings and they haven’t fixed the lights yet), my latest observation is that it does not read wedge shots well. Distances are all over the map. Have to test more and in better conditions.

Will also do comparisons to the range installed Trackman.

Reliability with shot registering is amazing, though. Hardly ever misses a shot.

Swing speed vs. ball speed and resulting smash factor match what the shots feel like and the trajectory. You can just tell when you flushed a shot and that’s when there’s good numbers.

Will report back on the wedge issue. Approach mode is useless this way, so I hope lights and snow are the reason for the inconsistencies.

Wedge issue is launch angle most likely. It goes out of range vertically.

Update concerning the under-100 yds range with the SC200: a lot of misreads, always long. That’s not cool.

Anything from 80-90 yds and up seems accurate. Judging by my range’s markers.

Trackman at the range has been out of order for a while now, once it’s working again, I’ll do some comparisons.

Besides the short range inaccuracies, I like the SC200 very much. Great for learning the impact of fat shots or hasty swings on the distance and swing/ball speed, and thus smash factor. I know it’s common knowledge, but my most relaxed swings yield the most consistent smash factor, any time. Whenever I rush it, efficiency goes down remarkably. Need to look up the ideal smash factor for each club to be able to judge my performance.

Having picked up golf just in September, I’m happy and a little proud of my progress. After being on the range almost daily for a couple months now, I’m realizing that a launch monitor helps me to practice with a concept instead of mindlessly going through a bucket of balls every time. Pinning down my problematic clubs or shots and working on the flaws is very satisfying.

For 250 bucks, this helps me tremendously. Recommend this for anyone.

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

"Fried Eggs Golf" just youtubed a video comparing Mevo with a GC2. Pretty interesting.

Saw the video. Confirms my core belief in MEVO.

The most important thing with MEVO is that the bottom of the unit is level with the ball bottom.

The most telling part of the whole video, other than the delivery from the Fried Eggs Golf guy which I really liked, was the delta between driver launch angle from MEVO inside versus MEVO outside.

Average launch angle outside was 2* higher than inside.

WHY?

Outside, MEVO was on the ground.

Inside, MEVO was set on the box.

If you get the height dialed in, it's as good as any high-priced unit for the measures it REPORTS (my emphasis added).

Makes me wonder how many measurements it could report if "unlocked."