Anything new coming from Game Golf?

So you must have a FitBit in order for it to work?

I doubt that - I imagine that just means there will be some features that integrate with the Fitbit app. I'm sure they wouldn't narrow their market by limiting it to a single fitness tracker's users.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No and sorry I guess I worded that poorly. The complete package looks to be some type of round wearable and then the tags. In one of the pictures that states it is integrated with Fitbit, it states it gets the GPS signal from the Fitbit. Maybe that means that if you have the Fitbit you don't need the circle thing? IDK

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

What's the point of announcing the thing if they're not going to give out any details? My live device has been buggy recently, so I'd kind of like to know if I should be holding out for the new one or not. They send out this email that looks like it's written by the laziest intern on the planet about how they're gonna announce v3 at the PGA show, and then... nothing but a couple of pictures? They're essentially silent on social media platforms too. It doesn't instill a ton of faith in the brand to be honest.

I would agree that the lack of information and shocking. You would think they would be trying to hype up a new product to generate interest. I've been looking for someone to review or get more info from the PGA show, but nothing.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 9°
Fairway Wood: Sub 70 Pro 14°

Hybrid: Callaway Apex, 20°
Irons: Ping i210 4-PW

Wedges: 50° Sub 70, 54° Sub 70, 58° TaylorMade Hi-Toe

Putter: EVNROLL ER2B

Ball: Snell MTB Black/Snell MTB-X

GPS/Rangefinder: Precision Pro NX7 Pro

Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite

No and sorry I guess I worded that poorly. The complete package looks to be some type of round wearable and then the tags. In one of the pictures that states it is integrated with Fitbit, it states it gets the GPS signal from the Fitbit. Maybe that means that if you have the Fitbit you don't need the circle thing? IDK

Ok. It probably means you can forgo the disk if you have the Iconic. If they make it Apple Watch compatible I may be interested.

What's the point of announcing the thing if they're not going to give out any details? My live device has been buggy recently, so I'd kind of like to know if I should be holding out for the new one or not. They send out this email that looks like it's written by the laziest intern on the planet about how they're gonna announce v3 at the PGA show, and then... nothing but a couple of pictures? They're essentially silent on social media platforms too. It doesn't instill a ton of faith in the brand to be honest.

The point in announcing it now is to show it at the PGA Merchandise Show this week and talk with pros, retailers, and media about it.That email was to get people that were going to the show to stop by their booth so that could show all of the new features. We will probably get a lot more information within the next couple weeks. Give the Game Golf staff a chance to get back from the show and get some rest. I would expect the web site will be updated shortly to provide more information on the new features and how it is better that it's competitors..

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

I saw it today at the show and was very impressed. I didn’t have the original game golf but the salesman said the key difference was not having to tag things each time. The data looked pretty impressive. He did say you had have the option to pay $5 a month and have access to additional features.

I saw it today at the show and was very impressed. I didn't have the original game golf but the salesman said the key difference was not having to tag things each time. The data looked pretty impressive. He did say you had have the option to pay $5 a month and have access to additional features.

Golfingdawg19 what were some of the key features that you saw and what kind of data are we looking at? I've been kicking around picking up a unit with the price drop, just trying to determine if I should hold off a bit.

The main thing was you didn’t have to click anything before hit a shot. There is a device that you either wear or put in your bag. As far as the data, the guy said it was the same as the old one. I didn’t have the old one so I’m not sure. What I saw was it collected the data and tracked trends. It could tell you where you gained and lost strokes from previous rounds. That data could be used to help you know what areas of your game to work on. My sons golf instructor can create a free account and be notified anytime he logs a round in and see the data.

The main thing was you didn't have to click anything before hit a shot. There is a device that you either wear or put in your bag. As far as the data, the guy said it was the same as the old one. I didn't have the old one so I'm not sure. What I saw was it collected the data and tracked trends. It could tell you where you gained and lost strokes from previous rounds. That data could be used to help you know what areas of your game to work on. My sons golf instructor can create a free account and be notified anytime he logs a round in and see the data.

Very interesting, thanks for the info.

So far Game Golf Pro seems to address all my main issues with shot trackers until this point. Arrcos tags are green/noticeable and you need your phone. Shot Scope you need to wear the watch, and the previous Game Golf requires a bright red thing on your belt. I've been waiting for something less conspicuous that doesn't require tagging (hopefully the rest of the foursome doesn't notice). If this works out as expected, you can have my money now.

I will say the only thing that I would hope for the the future, is for GGP to have a shot scope type feature for tagging the flag location. Which in reality is the last thing on my checklist because logistically it could be awkward to walk over to the flag after every hole and tag something.

I think that may be the hardest thing to do. I can't see them doing anything with pin positions other than tagging them.

I think that may be the hardest thing to do. I can't see them doing anything with pin positions other than tagging them.

Completely agree.

Also, their are maps fundamentally do not distinguish between obstructed shots versus ones in the rough. So they are never going to be able to do usable strokes gained calculations for Off the Tee and Approach the Green.

The rep told me the price on it would be $299 when it came out in April.

Yikes, that’s pretty steep

TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

The easiest thing for them to have done years ago would be to allow for manual entry of the putt length. If you really want to track strokes gained, it would be easy to pace a putt off and give it the approximate length. After the round when you are moving the pin you could say ok I had a 20 foot putt and a 3 foot putt.

Otherwise the putt tagging and pin placing has such a margin of error that it really makes it almost useless.

Personally GG takes on sort of a SkyGolf rep with me though. The two+ seasons I used it the company was so unresponsive and made so few updates that the last thing I want to do is give them *more* money and just, you know, trust that this time around will be different.

This is one of those things I would check out next year if it turns out that they did everything right.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

The easiest thing for them to have done years ago would be to allow for manual entry of the putt length. If you really want to track strokes gained, it would be easy to pace a putt off and give it the approximate length. After the round when you are moving the pin you could say ok I had a 20 foot putt and a 3 foot putt.

Otherwise the putt tagging and pin placing has such a margin of error that it really makes it almost useless.

Personally GG takes on sort of a SkyGolf rep with me though. The two+ seasons I used it the company was so unresponsive and made so few updates that the last thing I want to do is give them *more* money and just, you know, trust that this time around will be different.

This is one of those things I would check out next year if it turns out that they did everything right.

I would think the easiest way to do it would be the last tag is the pin position when you take the ball out of the hole. Myself, I am more interested with the average distance of each club. With the state of my game, everything could use improvement, so strokes gained is not a big deal to me as it would be for a better player. I like that I can get true yardages using my ball instead of a launch monitor yardage using range balls.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

I would think the easiest way to do it would be the last tag is the pin position when you take the ball out of the hole. Myself, I am more interested with the average distance of each club. With the state of my game, everything could use improvement, so strokes gained is not a big deal to me as it would be for a better player. I like that I can get true yardages using my ball instead of a launch monitor yardage using range balls.

The key feature IMO of Game Golf is the charting of distance and direction (from an assumed center-line) of lots and lots of full-swing shots with all your clubs. If that is something worth the slight expense of a Game Golf Classic/Live plus the effort of tagging and editing then it is a great product.

It just is not and as far as I can tell will never be a valid tool for analyzing your scoring tendencies and identifying areas of improvement. If they simply did not compute a pseudo-Strokes-Gained and advertise it as the real thing I would 100% endorse the product. As it is, the deceptive nature of the (often incorrect) Strokes Gained stats are a major drawback.

Nothing about the new no-tagging, more expensive unit will remedy the problem with their "analytics" but it will offer a way to spend some money up front and avoid the whole tagging thing. The post-round editing will always be required, though.

If I were to start using GG again, I think I'd try to remember to bring a piece of paper with me with 18 circles drawn on it, and mark the location of the flag on each green. Then, during the post-round editing, I'd be able to edit the location of each hole. Hopefully the system would catch all of the putts, and by setting the hole location in the round editor, you'd be able to get reasonably accurate putting stats.

If I were to start using GG again, I think I'd try to remember to bring a piece of paper with me with 18 circles drawn on it, and mark the location of the flag on each green. Then, during the post-round editing, I'd be able to edit the location of each hole. Hopefully the system would catch all of the putts, and by setting the hole location in the round editor, you'd be able to get reasonably accurate putting stats.

But isn't that far too much work to do all that note-taking and then still have to tag and post-round edit everything?

But isn't that far too much work to do all that note-taking and then still have to tag and post-round edit everything?

It seems like it would only take a few seconds after each hole to note the location on the sheet, and if the shot tracking is accurate by the system (this is key), all you'd need to do is set the hole locations in the round editor, which shouldn't take too long. It's more effort than none, for sure, but I don't know how you'd avoid having to set the hole location with any tracking system.

I just stumbled across the GG pro and I'm pretty excited just because the thing is black. So tired of having to cover up that red device on my belt.

I always thought that it'd be relatively simple to program the last tap with the putter to determine where the hole is. So, on a two put, you're tapping 3 times with the last tap for when you retrieve your ball. Yes...that means you're having to pull out your putter on a chip on or those pesky whole in ones but hey, that's the type of round editing I do not mind.

I just stumbled across the GG pro and I'm pretty excited just because the thing is black. So tired of having to cover up that red device on my belt.

I always thought that it'd be relatively simple to program the last tap with the putter to determine where the hole is. So, on a two put, you're tapping 3 times with the last tap for when you retrieve your ball. Yes...that means you're having to pull out your putter on a chip on or those pesky whole in ones but hey, that's the type of round editing I do not mind.

The GG Pro should be able to be left in your bag, isn't it? So that means not only is it black, it's hidden out of sight... I too am looking forward to this iteration. Still hoping for better use of the collected data, though.

On the issue of hole location: What I would do, if I were GG, would be to make a separate "tag" in the shape of a large poker chip or such, solidly made and "luxurious" enough so you a) don't mind using it and b) is wary of losing it. The poker chip would have a "button", i.e. I use it as a ball marker up until I have sunk the putt - at the hole, I squeeze the chip, and presto! GG has the location sorted.

[size=2]D: Titleist 913D2 - 3W: Callaway X2 Hot Deep - 3H: Titleist 913H - Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 - Wedges: Mizuno MP-T - Putter: Rife Aussie Blade[/size]
[size=2]Profile [url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/marten"]@gamegolf[/url][/size]

The GG Pro should be able to be left in your bag, isn't it? So that means not only is it black, it's hidden out of sight... I too am looking forward to this iteration. Still hoping for better use of the collected data, though.

On the issue of hole location: What I would do, if I were GG, would be to make a separate "tag" in the shape of a large poker chip or such, solidly made and "luxurious" enough so you a) don't mind using it and b) is wary of losing it. The poker chip would have a "button", i.e. I use it as a ball marker up until I have sunk the putt - at the hole, I squeeze the chip, and presto! GG has the location sorted.

GG Pro needs to be on your person. How would it be able to mark your location?

My round pro (free from Taylormade) let's you input putt distances manually.

Just say'in...

Those tags for the end of the club are much too bulky. As someone that already plays 1/2" short clubs, that'd just make it feel like they've returned to standard length and I'm choking down. Way not into it.

Hell, I don't even have Game Golf Live. I still use the original unit. And I don't have the tags on any of my clubs. I broke off the post that screws down into the grip, keep one small red chip in my pocket, and use that to tag every club. Then when I get home I edit 100% of my club selection on my computer.

Doesn't bother me at all. I love Game Golf. The no tagging thing doesn't do anything for me, as I don't mind tagging. But bulkier ends on my grips? No thanks.

Those tags for the end of the club are much too bulky. As someone that already plays 1/2" short clubs, that'd just make it feel like they've returned to standard length and I'm choking down. Way not into it.

Hell, I don't even have Game Golf Live. I still use the original unit. And I don't have the tags on any of my clubs. I broke off the post that screws down into the grip, keep one small red chip in my pocket, and use that to tag every club. Then when I get home I edit 100% of my club selection on my computer.

Doesn't bother me at all. I love Game Golf. The no tagging thing doesn't do anything for me, as I don't mind tagging. But bulkier ends on my grips? No thanks.

Just use the iPhone app without the tags on the end of the clubs...

Or use your Apple Watch...works decently for me.

Just use the iPhone app without the tags on the end of the clubs...

Or use your Apple Watch...works decently for me.

I always forget you can just do it directly on the phone without the tags. I also sold my Apple Watch. Thing wouldn't work with my tattoo. :(