2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

How many of you have other Hobbies?

XYB34A

Have many "former" hobbies as a geezer. These days just golf and when I retire later this year; start

spending more time with my piano. I once had a passion for it and after all these years of rarely touching

one, have found the flame never burned out completely....and now has returned; burning brightly.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I don't know how some of you folks do it! I hardly get to play golf any more, let alone other hobbies, but at other points in my life I have been similarly passionate about:

- Freshwater and in-shore saltwater fishing

- Sporting Clays

- Tinkering around with older, interesting cars

- Home improvement

- Gourmet cooking

- Barbecue

This season in my life revolves around Son #1's basketball and Son #2 wrestling. Plus work work work work and more work. I do have time to cook one pretty awesome meal per week, but that's about it!

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Besides playing at golf? Once did a lot of fishing. Something that I plan on reengaging with this year. It's a lot whole lot less expensive than golf.

Enjoy gardening, have had a vegetable garden forever. Specialize in some degree growing esoteric chile pepper varietals. One's you'll never find at the local grower/greenhouse, have to be grown from acquired seed. Then turning the yields into homemade hot sauces and powders. 7-Pot Barrackpore anyone? It will melt your face off.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Fishing, camping & hikng, trap & skeet, recently just got into archery and picked up a Hoyt Carbon Defiant, I find I get more of a focus and rush by shooting an arrow than shooting a gun. Sounds strange but it's very meditative and much quieter.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Ha I have tried other hobbies but nothing has stuck..

- started a tennis team with guys from my club and played a couple different leagues but it fell apart...I really enjoyed this and wish we could start it back up

- played a lot of guitar when I was in college and for a year or two when I got out but hardly pick them up anymore

- got into guns for a bit, have a few, but its fairly expensive to go to the range to shoot and the nearest range is like a 30 min drive (really wish I had the funds to dive deeper into this)

Does binge watching tv/netflix count?? Drinking beer and watching a ball game??

Weird living on the gulf coast with water all around fresh and salt and I have never gotten into fishing. Have a group of friends that go out to the islands on Sundays during the summer but I never wanna go, would rather get a good money game.

with the cost of beer being so much in Ontario Canada.... I have started brewing my own. I'm really new to it but wow is it ever fun. If you dont pay attention to costs... they can add up quickly.

That's true of any hobby =P

I have/had a bunch of hobbies... now with 4 kids it's a little hard to find time for myself to do any of it. I don't even play golf as much as I would like anymore... probably a round every couple months down from twice a week before my 3 and 1 year olds were born. Past hobbies include:

• motocycles
  • Arcade game collecting
  • PC Gaming
  • rec league basketball
  • bowling
  • photography
  • poker

Hobby wise, I'm a musician first. Been playing an instrument of some kind since I was 4. Been playing guitar for 27 years and it is my passion.

I paint Table Top Wargaming miniatures as well. Warhammer 40K, Age of Sigmar and Infinity miniatures mostly.

I used to fly RC Helicopters, but really, you crash them more than fly them. It was soul crushing to see those beautiful machines go up into a million pieces. So I stopped. No matter how good you are at it, you will crash.

I also dabble in Videogames and PC games. Not really a hobby at this point as I play for awhile and then get bored.

with the cost of beer being so much in Ontario Canada.... I have started brewing my own. I'm really new to it but wow is it ever fun. If you dont pay attention to costs... they can add up quickly.

I have/had a bunch of hobbies... now with 4 kids it's a little hard to find time for myself to do any of it. I don't even play golf as much as I would like anymore... probably a round every couple months down from twice a week before my 3 and 1 year olds were born. Past hobbies include:

• motocycles
  • Arcade game collecting
  • PC Gaming
  • rec league basketball
  • bowling
  • photography
  • poker

Arcade game collecting would be cool. I would love to have a room with arcade games from my childhood...Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Cruisin USA, Area 51, Pac Man...that would be cool!!

• motocycles
  • Arcade game collecting
  • PC Gaming
  • rec league basketball
  • bowling
  • photography
  • poker

Arcade game collecting would be cool. I would love to have a room with arcade games from my childhood...Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Cruisin USA, Area 51, Pac Man...that would be cool!!

One of my buddies does this. Has every console ever made with every game for each and also multiple arcade booths.

Music for me. Started drumming and playing guitar in my early teens and still play now (except drums).

Lately I’ve been researching how to build guitar effects pedals and amplifiers.

I think I’m going to try my hand at a builds to see how I like it.

Titleist 910 D3 7.5* w/ GD AD DI 6 stiff
Titleist 915 FD 15* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Titleist 910 F 19* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Mizuno MP 15 4-PW w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM5 52* F w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey TVD 56* w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM6 60* S w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Piretti Matera Rev 2.0

Great thread. Aside from golf, I am mostly into cars, roasting coffee, and sipping scotch. Though, I guess the last 2 would be interests, not hobbies.

As far as cars, I currently own a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Package (6MT) and a 1987 BMW e30 with a V8 swap (BMW M62). I am currently in the market for a Porsche air-cooled, hopefully a 964.

Mr. Wolfe

Great thread. Aside from golf, I am mostly into cars, roasting coffee, and sipping scotch. Though, I guess the last 2 would be interests, not hobbies.

As far as cars, I currently own a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Package (6MT) and a 1987 BMW e30 with a V8 swap (BMW M62). I am currently in the market for a Porsche air-cooled, hopefully a 964.

Mr. Wolfe

Seeing as I can tell you are also a car guy, check out Petrolicious.com their content is the absolute best outside of Top Gear and Grand Tour.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Mr. Wolfe

Seeing as I can tell you are also a car guy, check out Petrolicious.com their content is the absolute best outside of Top Gear and Grand Tour.

I have dabbled on Petrolicious and it is a great website. I will check it out again this evening. I frequent m3forum.net, r3vlimited.com, and pelicanparts.com most often.

Mr. Wolfe

I hunt, fish, and golf and pretty much everything that's associated with each. I sometimes will launch my boat and fish from 5am to about 8am then head to the course. If I'm real lucky I can pull the trifecta, fish early am, golf mid morning, afternoon hunt.

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA. I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year. I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body). One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA. I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year. I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body). One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

I am the same with following the NFL and NHL. These long Pittsburgh winter months just cause me to spend money on golf stuff...

Mr. Wolfe

I am the same with following the NFL and NHL. These long Pittsburgh winter months just cause me to spend money on golf stuff...

Mr. Wolfe

I was the same way for a few years buying new clubs, and equipment during the Winter offseason but then I reached a point where I don't need anything now so at least I've been able to save a few bucks this Winter lol

P.S. I did a weekend getaway in Pittsburgh back in December and had a great time, fun city!

Mr. Wolfe

I was the same way for a few years buying new clubs, and equipment during the Winter offseason but then I reached a point where I don't need anything now so at least I've been able to save a few bucks this Winter lol

P.S. I did a weekend getaway in Pittsburgh back in December and had a great time, fun city!

The sad thing is, I don't need anything either... I do have a golf trip coming up to Pawley's Island at the end of the month so I have that to look forward to.

Nice, what did you do in Pitt?

Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

The sad thing is, I don't need anything either... I do have a golf trip coming up to Pawley's Island at the end of the month so I have that to look forward to.

Mr. Wolfe

Went down to see the Sabres play the Penguins so outside of seeing the Sabres get embarrassed we went to Churchworks, Primanti Bros, Carson City Saloon for dinner one night, went down to the market area and did a little barhopping to a bunch of places

Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

Went down to see the Sabres play the Penguins so outside of seeing the Sabres get embarrassed we went to Churchworks, Primanti Bros, Carson City Saloon for dinner one night, went down to the market area and did a little barhopping to a bunch of places

Nice. I haven't been to a Pens game yet this year. Would like to get to at least one. I love checking out other cities, especially in the summertime when you can walk around without freezing your behind off!

Mr. Wolfe