Baffler F6 that good?

Norboo

... Nothing wrong with the metal F6/F7 fairway woods, especially for the price, but the carbon crown on the F8 and F8+ just take these to another level. Combined with the ability to order one with quite a few free upgrade shafts was too much for me to ignore and ordered a F8 4/5 with a 75gm Even Flow Blue. After hitting all the fw's at Demo Day, for me at least the F8 with the Even Flow was a clear winner.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

how has everyone used this club? Ive read some people are using it as their only fairway wood and others are playing it more as a hybrid. I am divided on which would be the better option, but i could ultimately do both. do it as both.

My current set up is Driver, f7 3/4 wood and f7 3/4 hybrid then 4 iron. I am thinking like take the 3 wood out and put the baffler in and play the baffler as my only wood or i could take the 3h out and play the baffler as my hybrid. I could leave everything in the bag and play the baffler as my 5w/2h and i think it would work well too. There are so many possibilities for this club from what i've read, but i am just curious how everyone has it working in their bag? I think the wildcard option here is driver, baffler, 4 iron which would make things super simple, but I can't ever seem to make this game simple.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

how has everyone used this club? Ive read some people are using it as their only fairway wood and others are playing it more as a hybrid. I am divided on which would be the better option, but i could ultimately do both. do it as both.

My current set up is Driver, f7 3/4 wood and f7 3/4 hybrid then 4 iron. I am thinking like take the 3 wood out and put the baffler in and play the baffler as my only wood or i could take the 3h out and play the baffler as my hybrid. I could leave everything in the bag and play the baffler as my 5w/2h and i think it would work well too. There are so many possibilities for this club from what i've read, but i am just curious how everyone has it working in their bag? I think the wildcard option here is driver, baffler, 4 iron which would make things super simple, but I can't ever seem to make this game simple.

... I think your question is basically player dependent. For me at least and like your first scenario, the 5/6 fw set to 18.5* gives me a fw wood flight and distance, so it is the only fw in my bag. I had a redundant spot in my bag with 3 clubs at similar lofts that do 3 different things. A TM 17.8* Yardbird 4 wood that is awesome off the tee but inconsistent from the fairway so I kept my 18.5* LS hybrid in my bag that is outstanding from the fairway and almost as long as the 4 wood from the turf. My 3rd club is a King Utility that is a go to club off the tee when I need a 225yd shot that must find the fairway or in heavy winds. The Cobra baffler allowed me to combine the tee ability of the Yardbird and the turf performance of the LS hybrid so I am able to take both out of my bag. Next in my bag is a P790 4 iron that is plenty long and does not create any gap in my distances.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

I just got my baffler sorted out today after playing with a few shafts. I have decided to take the 14.5* Epic SZ out of the bag and put the Baffler in at 16*. It was so easy from any lie, I could flight it high, low, and get just about as much off the tee as the Epic. The misses were still 165+ yards out on a fat shot, and the Epic would only go about 35 yds. This thing is legit, and I am sure the F8+ in the 4/5 would be even better.

Doing this also allowed me to crank my hybrid down to a 3H and put my 4i back in the bag. I have a lot of options now in the long game out of so many different lies. And I now have confidence in every club. Driver, 4W, 3H, 4i-PW for me and really like the simplicity now.

Last year, I used my F6 Baffler as my only fairway wood (set at 16*). I can honestly say I don't think I hit a bad shot with it all year. Contrary to most others, I loved this club off the tee as well. I used it as much as I could because I felt so confident with it.

This offseason, I picked up a Titleist 917 F2 for a smokin' deal and I've hit it really well on launch monitors. So this season, I'm kicking out my hybrid and I'm going to give the Baffler a go at 19*. Love the versatility of this club. We'll see how it goes...

Cobra Speedzone Camo Edition w/ GD Tour AD DI
Cobra F6 Baffler 16.5* w/Diamana Blueboard 63
Mizuno MP 20 HMB 3-PW w/ DG 105

Mizuno S18 50*/55* 

PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 60* ES 
PING Cadence TR Ketsch Mid

I found off the tee the baffler wanted to go left with me. So I choked up an inch and really give it a rip and the thing launches perfectly. Carries about 15 yds further than off the deck and really straight. Not sure what choking down does when off the tee, unless it gets it more upright and forces a straighter club path, and maybe the tee height puts contact at a high toe strike that goes left. But choking down fixes it for me.

i had a baffler when they first came out. Thing was AWESOME but i got rid of it stupidly. It had the element chrome + shaft and was a very muted and solid feel off the face. I now have a different one with the stock matrix shaft and it feels "tingy" off the face and nothing like the other. Shaft difference maybe? Is there anything different between the heads?

are the F8 FW woods considered buffler style?

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I got a chance to check out the baffler today, and it’s a really compact footprint for sure. It reminds me of an 7 wood that I had 15 years ago in terms of size and the depth of the face. I feel like it would be a much better 5w than 3h.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

I have both an f7 3 wood and f7 hybrid. I feel like putting the f6 baffler in the bag would possible cramp between 3w and 3h. I am super intrigued by this club though. I may just pick it up and experiment anyways

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Hoosier,

I've had my baffler for a little over a year now and play it at 18.5.

I've hit it from pretty much any lie imaginable and it performs.

I really love the heavy head. Shape of a small FW and versatility of a hybrid.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

Hoosier,

CP

I just found an f6 baffler in golf galaxy for 70 bucks in really good shape. I am going to try it out as my hybrid/ 5w for this season. I think it will be super versatile and allow me to substitute it in for a the hybrid. I love the compact head, the deep face inspires confidence off the tee and I don’t think I’ll be prone to hooking this one like I did my hybrid at times.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

F6 Baffler is awesome. The only shot that I've had some trouble with, are thin, hardpan lies. Usually results in a spinny climbing shot that is about 20 yds short of what I would expect. Everything else about the club is awesome.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Hoosier,

CP

I just found an f6 baffler in golf galaxy for 70 bucks in really good shape. I am going to try it out as my hybrid/ 5w for this season. I think it will be super versatile and allow me to substitute it in for a the hybrid. I love the compact head, the deep face inspires confidence off the tee and I don’t think I’ll be prone to hooking this one like I did my hybrid at times.

I played a 3/4 hybrid, added the baffler at 17.5, and ended up swapping a 4 iron for the hybrid to get the gapping right. I get about 220 out of the Baffler and was getting 210 out of the hybrid. Debating on adding a 4/5 hybrid back in as I'm not super consistent with the long iron. Hoping a 23* hybrid keeps the gaps.

Hoosier,

CP

I played a 3/4 hybrid, added the baffler at 17.5, and ended up swapping a 4 iron for the hybrid to get the gapping right. I get about 220 out of the Baffler and was getting 210 out of the hybrid. Debating on adding a 4/5 hybrid back in as I'm not super consistent with the long iron. Hoping a 23* hybrid keeps the gaps.

I put a graphite hybrid shaft in my Forged TEC 4i and it is much easier to hit now.

I have both an f7 3 wood and f7 hybrid. I feel like putting the f6 baffler in the bag would possible cramp between 3w and 3h. I am super intrigued by this club though. I may just pick it up and experiment anyways

This is what I did, Play the f6 baffler as my only wood, at 18.5 currently. Then play the f7 hybrid at 22. Then progress through my irons from there (5-GW). So far so good but I'll play with the lofts and bit once I get outside to have better gapping on the baffler and hybrid into the irons

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

I’ve done both and will switch out and change lofts depending on course and conditions. On tight courses or firm conditions I pull my 3W, set Baffler at 16*, and add a 19* hybrid. If I absolutely need maximum 3W distance I pull the hybrid and put the Baffler at 17.5* or higher to fill the gap to 4 iron.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Shouldn't be reading this now I want

Gamer/Backup
Driver: PING G410 LST 9 w/ EF Black 6.5; Cobra LTD PRO w/ Speeder 661 iv and Cobra F8+ with Evenflow Blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff; 
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5; Titleist 915 2H
3H- Titleist 915 2H dialed up in loft to 19; Ping G with Evenflow Blue 85 6.0
4 iron: G400 Crossover; G400 green dot CFS stiff, It's stamped 5 iron but power spec at 22* I use it as 4 iron; N/A
5-PW: Ping i15 green dot AWT stiff; PXG 0211 w/ Elevate Tour VSS Pro stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm8 2 up; 52/12 F Vokey SM7
58/12 d: Vokey sm8 2 up; 58/12 d Vokey sm7 
Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum; Ping Anser Milled 5; Nike Method Matter B2-05
Ball: Wilson FG Tour

I had a matrix code 8 installed in my baffler f6 and what can I say? thing feels perfect. I've only got 1 range session on it, but man that club is amazing.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig