2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

TM Twist Face Rumor

JStang

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a lawsuit in Crossfield's future if this behavior continues.

Why? He states a rumour.

Also TM have a history of different types of clubs; like their Miura irons with TM logos.

Anybody can sue any one, for any reason, at pretty much any time. Pretty weak case but I'm guessing they would try for libel or something if people starting saying they wouldn't bu, or they'd return and demand refunds because of this (or opt to buy another brand instead).

Maybe an actual lawyer here could chime in as I am not one, so just making an assumption here.

However, imagine the total sh!it storm he'd cause even if TM sent him a cease and desist. He'd go alllll over Twitter and YT saying look at big ol TM trying to keep little ol innocent MC down. He's trying to drag them down to his level and if they do go there, it probably won't help them.

Why? He states a rumour.

Also TM have a history of different types of clubs; like their Miura irons with TM logos.

Anybody can sue any one, for any reason, at pretty much any time. Pretty weak case but I'm guessing they would try for libel or something if people starting saying they wouldn't bu, or they'd return and demand refunds because of this (or opt to buy another brand instead).

Maybe an actual lawyer here could chime in as I am not one, so just making an assumption here.

However, imagine the total sh!it storm he'd cause even if TM sent him a cease and desist. He'd go alllll over Twitter and YT saying look at big ol TM trying to keep little ol innocent MC down. He's trying to drag them down to his level and if they do go there, it probably won't help them.

I mean I wish there was some sort of way to hold people accountable online, but these cases are notoriously difficult to prove. Tm would have to prove the statement was false, malicious in intent, and was proximate cause of the loss of business.

False seems to be easy to prove... Loss of business due to the statement, pretty tough and intent, even tougher. Plus...It's not like he's some big company could afford to get sued for thousands and thousands of dollars. What is TM going to do... Repo his house and car? (semi serious question actually)

False seems to be easy to prove... Loss of business due to the statement, pretty tough and intent, even tougher. Plus...It's not like he's some big company could afford to get sued for thousands and thousands of dollars. What is TM going to do... Repo his house and car? (semi serious question actually)

Falsity of statement: Definitely easy to prove

Loss of Business: Doable, but not easy (getting screenshots of people responding to MC saying they won't buy as a result of MC's tweet?)

Malicious Intent: This might be actually doable, given Mark's weird video about TM not sending him toys to play with

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

It seems that even in this thread, brand bias colors a lot of people's opinions on the matter- those that have a bag full of TM gear are defensive, and those with no TM in their sig are quick to call this another example of TM being deceptive. Which is why Crossfield (and others) can post things like this and see the value in it. Folks are talking about him here now; whether it's because they agree, disagree, or think he's a horses a**, he sees people talking about him as a net positive, regardless of what they're saying. Clicks equal money to this guy.

It's this reason that MGS seems to have become more of a click bait and SHOCKING! IN YOUR FACE! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! website nowadays. They got a taste of how controversial subjects and going against the grain can result in exposure through the Kirkland v. ProV1 saga. People who wanted to believe what MGS was selling had no desire to notice the heavy confirmation bias in their "experiments". I mean, they posted a hand-drawn, stick figure level art "diagram" to demonstrate the results of their EVNROLL experiment recently, that literally showed the EVNROLL putter made the ball curve towards the hole.

Basically, I don't even think these outlets such as Crossfield and MGS even care what they are saying or how accurate it is anymore. As long as it's against the grain and generates page views, that's the only thing that matters to them. Making it a brand thing evokes strong emotions from those that are invested in that brand, whether negatively or positively, which in turn creates debate and page hits for them. TM haters arguing with TM lovers on Crossfield's Twitter timeline only serves to get his page trending and get people clicking.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

The tough part about law is it's all grey: How can I (if I was a judge) tell MC isn't just being a silly little turd and trying to get some retweets and follows vice literally trying to get less people to buy their drivers.

All in all, probably a bad idea for TM to engage. Would just fuel the MC fire. He needs to just do his vlogs with his lads and move on with life. Could potentially end badly if TM takes the bait.

The more Mark gets Airtime the more I dislike him.

We all know he dislikes TM now he's spreading rumors the day M3's & 4's start shipping.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Fake news!

Crossfield has had it out for TM since the 2016 M1 because he got his late. He did a lot of ranting and crying videos and a lot of drunken posts on FB.

Dr. Sim2 8° w/ RDX blue 60 6.5

3 Wood. Sim2 15° and 19° w/ Diamana 70x

Ui. Callaway x forged ut 21° w/ dg120 x100

4 to GW. Mizuno Pro 223 w/ dg120 x100

SW and Lw. 54° and 58° Milled grind raw w/ dg s200

Putter. Odyssey OG 1ws, 33 inches

Ball. Taylormade TP5x

Why? He states a rumour.

When Miura made their irons Miura was a supplier to OEMs. They didn’t sell their own clubs. Miura made clubs for a ton of OEMs just like Endo(Epon) does today. There’s nothing shady as all OEM manufacturers have their designs made by a third party factory, some of which also sell their own clubs.

Why is everyone hating so hard on MGS recently? All because of the Evnroll claims from last week? Or is there more that I did not see.

Evident bias, and using their donors money to open in other markets for clubs they already test. Ping and Evnroll must own MGS. IMO (I'm sure someone will correct me.)

I unfollowed MC on twitter.

lol that'll show him

But yeah, unfollowed him on all social media a while ago as well. Every single review was exactly the same.

Not defending him, but what do you expect? Distances aren't changing... MOI can only go so far... The story is the same year after year. He's just more open about it. RS will act like there's all this new stuff going on, when the answer is always simple: Go get fit and find out what you need for yourself. Minor changes in looks, feel, sound can matter but it's totally subjective and down to the individual.

These are facts.....but if you can get fit with a plethora of shafts to try, there is distance and consistency to be gained!

Yeah due to optimizing the shaft mostly.

I went from a Tensei Blue in my M2 and only changing shaft to a speeder evo ii, gained like 10mph ball speed and probably .08 on smash factor. Changing head with the same shaft might have gained me .01 smash and 2mph speed. Putting a new head on my new shaft might then only gain me 1mph speed from there, and .005 on smash (basically, negligible). I know it's anecdote, but I literally just experienced this last week.

Forgiveness certainly could go up say between my current M2 and a G400, but I'm not going to get measurable differences taking 10 swings. Maybe over the course of 500+ swings during a season, I could see some changes in FIR or total distance.

No shaft is adding 10mph ballspeed. You simply hit it more solid. Which is where smash factor increase came from. To see that large a jump you had to be hitting it WAY off center

Why? He states a rumour.

When Miura made their irons Miura was a supplier to OEMs. They didn’t sell their own clubs. Miura made clubs for a ton of OEMs just like Endo(Epon) does today. There’s nothing shady as all OEM manufacturers have their designs made by a third party factory, some of which also sell their own clubs.

I understand all that. However, those club's were never available to buy to the general public certainly not from any TM supplier here in the UK.

So, when I watch Sergio's clubs and thought how great they were, they were not what was available to me. Deception in which way you want to look at it.

Why is everyone hating so hard on MGS recently? All because of the Evnroll claims from last week? Or is there more that I did not see.

I with you here. I see their chippiness sometimes but a TM Driver has been in their top 3 that last few years. I don't think their bias goes beyond altering their "data". I have seen them in good conversations with Arnett and agree with both parties on the custom fit/off the shelf argument. Their tests are a good indicator and while everyone should be fit, probably less than 10% are so their data is apples to apples in that regard. As for the Evnroll stuff, their tech works. Its proven in a controlled environment. Most greens are not that same environment but I would rather start with their face and have the chance for it to work than not. I currently putt with an Odyssey so I'm not as much of a fanboy but I will be soon after a fitting with their new stuff.

I'd say it is definitely more than the Evnroll stuff. I think they are rubbing people the wrong way with their general rhetoric among other things...

Gotcha. I definitely agree they don't use the correct terminology all the time but I do have a hard time believing they're "in bed" with Evnroll or any other manufacturer after how steadfast they have been that they will never ever be compensated for reviews. Just seems like if it were ever confirmed that their entire site would be discredited in about 10 seconds haha.

I do love the Tech vs. No Tech test they say they are doing though! Lamb vs. Evnroll. IDGAF who wins but I am surely going to love seeing the responses in the forums hahaha.

I used to follow MC & MGS but to be honest, it's all just noise to me. The only way to tell what club is "most wanted" or gets me my 262 yards is to hit it. Anyone buying a club based on internet reviews deserves the poor results they get from not doing their own testing.

This advice is gold.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I'm not sure why this is even worth caring about.

And yet, ironically, you cared enough to take time out of your day to post. It's not like someone posted about guitars or motorcycles here- it's a golf website, people talk about golf stuff here. It's also voluntary to post. Sorry you missed all this in orientation.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Screw MGS and the horse they rode in on. When they were taking all the credit for the Kirkland hype I simply pointed out to them on Twitter that WRX had a 1000 page thread on it already. Boom I got blocked by all them over there lol. That's all I said honestly. Anyways I stopped following Crossfield after his crap a few months ago. He's simply taking another cheap shot at tmag and hoping it sticks.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

I unfollowed MC on twitter.

lol that'll show him

But yeah, unfollowed him on all social media a while ago as well. Every single review was exactly the same.

I never have been a fan of any reviews from any of the reviewers on YouTube. They seem like good guys, but their reviews are really an exercise in futility. That's why I prefer what The Golf Lab with Liam Mucklow (and Carson Hau) is doing. They measured the exact driver head dimensions, including the exact locations of the CoG and gave the head dimensions on video between the M1 and the M3. They moved the weights all the way up front and all the way back and showed how that changed the CoG. Then they had Mucklow hit a bunch of balls on GEARS with each head and changed the weight locations using the same shaft.

The reviews Shiels, Crossfield, etc. do are really purely subjective such as how the club looks and feels to them. Even Shiels did one where he goes into how much he hates the name 'Epic.' The only somewhat objective data is the results using a launch monitor, but that's not really the most objective data.

The Golf Lab's video was largely objective data showing the difference between the CoG's in the M1 vs. the M3, how the CoG changes when they move the weights around and the resulting differences in carry distance and ball speed. As well as how the loft and face angle varies depending where they measure on the face.

The only thing advantage Shiels/Crossfield type of reviews have is that they can do more reviews because it takes much more work to do it the way the Golf Lab did it. Also, The Golf Lab charges $13 for their video. Hopefully, they adjust the price point on future videos. But, it's a far more informative way to do equipment reviews.

RH

MC, winning again.

Lmao at how hateful people are around here, too, talking lawsuits and crap... too funny.

You want to stick it to MC, go buy a M3/4 and really support TM!!

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

I'm not an attorney, but I have been peripherally involved with a couple of defamation and slander/libel cases.

Most people don't understand how hard it is to win these cases. Essentially, the defendant is considered innocent until proven guilty and then you have to meet certain criteria.

I think in this case, the issue that a lawsuit from TM would have is that Mark state that he heard a 'rumour' that this was true and was asking to see what everybody else heard. This is why you hear broadcasters state that somebody going to trial for a criminal offense is 'allegedly' committed the offense...it's done to avoid potential defamation lawsuits.

I will say that...and I'm just guessing here...that if Mark continued to post these 'rumours', then TaylorMade could have a case as long as they show some proof that it hurt their sales. Even then, Crossfield's attorneys could argue that the sales were hurt by some other factor. In the end, nothing would likely come from it, but Crossfield would have to pay his attorney's fees and essentially that would get him to stop doing that because he cannot afford to keep having to pay for attorneys.

RH

And yet, ironically, you cared enough to take time out of your day to post. It's not like someone posted about guitars or motorcycles here- it's a golf website, people talk about golf stuff here. It's also voluntary to post. Sorry you missed all this in orientation.

tumblr_ljkahzoZ671qanb21o1_500.gif

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

I read the thread expecting to find something interesting or at least a discussion.

Instead it's a bunch of pictures from Twitter (which itself is a waste of time) and people bashing/defending various YouTube personalities.

I guess I'm not allowed to express disappointment? Even when typing took a mere fraction of the time spent slogging through the thread?