2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Tour AD-GP or Tour AD-TP??

GoPios25

Any long term reviews between the TP and GP? Been playing the GP in Driver and 3wd. Building a new 3wd and wanting to give the TP a go.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSI2 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any long term reviews between the TP and GP? Been playing the GP in Driver and 3wd. Building a new 3wd and wanting to give the TP a go.

Still have never tried the TP. Overall, I've been pretty happy with my GP. I feel like I can swing out of my shoes and the shaft is still there with me. A week or two ago PXG was at my club so I tried one of their drivers with the Tensei White and Orange. They felt so much softer in the handle than the GP it got me to wondering if I'd like that feeling... Idk. Just a thought.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Still have never tried the TP. Overall, I've been pretty happy with my GP. I feel like I can swing out of my shoes and the shaft is still there with me. A week or two ago PXG was at my club so I tried one of their drivers with the Tensei White and Orange. They felt so much softer in the handle than the GP it got me to wondering if I'd like that feeling... Idk. Just a thought.

Funny you say that, Tensei White was another shaft I was thinking of looking into.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Funny you say that, Tensei White was another shaft I was thinking of looking into.

The feel between the GP and the White was surprisingly different. I'm not a shaft-whisperer so there are many others with more expertise than I but with that said I was amazed how different the White felt to me. Not in a bad way, it just felt like it had some life in the handle. Tip was quite stiff.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Do they make the Pro White 80 only in TX? I see those keep popping up on the bay but no X. I usually like an X tipped slightly in my 3wd instead of a TX.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I hated the GP. Felt harsh and dead. TP is a really good shaft. DI on steroids with lower spin. That said I'd take the Pro White over both...pro orange if you like counterbalance and lighter wallet.

Do they make the Pro White 80 only in TX? I see those keep popping up on the bay but no X. I usually like an X tipped slightly in my 3wd instead of a TX.

Just a TX in the 80

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Just a TX in the 80

Is the TX too much for a 3wd? I used to be 113-118 max with the driver, but have been going through some changes to get shallower and don’t quite have that speed back yet.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Gambit, what did you think of the feel difference and performance difference between the AD TP and the Pro White?

The pro white will definitely be lower flight and spin. Both are super smooth. I think the white is a bit lore stable as far dispersion goes.

Just a TX in the 80

Is the TX too much for a 3wd? I used to be 113-118 max with the driver, but have been going through some changes to get shallower and dont quite have that speed back yet.

TX is their X designation for the pro series. It’s not any stiffer than an X

I switched from M2 w/ GP 6s to M3 w/ TP 6s.

Like many other have said already, TP feel much smoother than GP (due to softer tip??) and it produces better numbers for me.

After I'm done with my driver testing I'll then give the new IZ shaft a try as well.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

The pro white will definitely be lower flight and spin. Both are super smooth. I think the white is a bit lore stable as far dispersion goes.

So the TP feels a bit more soft?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Just a TX in the 80

Is the TX too much for a 3wd? I used to be 113-118 max with the driver, but have been going through some changes to get shallower and don’t quite have that speed back yet.

TX is their X designation for the pro series. It’s not any stiffer than an X

Ah, I had no idea. Thanks!

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I’m building a M2 T3 (13.7 actual loft), do you think the pro white would be too low launch? For me the 3wd is mainly a tee club, if I can’t get there with my 5 wood off the deck it’s not worth me going for. In theory it seems like the TP would be more versatile but I’m curious on others thoughts who have hit either. I have no problem elevating the GP 8X I have in my M2 currently (14.2 loft). Thanks.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I’ve got the TP 60x in my driver. Great driver shaft, smooth and tight dispersion. I thought it might play soft at my ss but that wasn’t the case at all. Would be interested in trying the 60TX just to compare

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

Not soft, but just smoother. The GP is really butt stiff. I like a firm butt as much as anyone, but she has to be hot lol. Seriously, if you're deciding between these two shafts then TP all day everyday and twice on Sunday.

I'm building a M2 T3 (13.7 actual loft), do you think the pro white would be too low launch? For me the 3wd is mainly a tee club, if I can't get there with my 5 wood off the deck it's not worth me going for. In theory it seems like the TP would be more versatile but I'm curious on others thoughts who have hit either. I have no problem elevating the GP 8X I have in my M2 currently (14.2 loft). Thanks.

Why not try the Tensei Pro Blue 80TX? I have it in my 4w and 5w (set to play at 20*) and it's a great shaft. It's like the best version of a Blueboard I've ever hit. This is going by never seeing you hit a ball obviously.

I’ve played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much “hit” in my swing I’m trying to work out) and it wasn’t a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Ive played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much hit in my swing Im trying to work out) and it wasnt a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.

The Tensei Pro Blue is more stable than the OG Blueboard. If the 8.2 was a good fit have you thought about the Atmos black or blue?

I’ve played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much “hit” in my swing I’m trying to work out) and it wasn’t a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.

The Tensei Pro Blue is more stable than the OG Blueboard. If the 8.2 was a good fit have you thought about the Atmos black or blue?

Tried the Blue in a driver, could not get along with it. The black might be a good option I haven’t hit that yet.

Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I've played a OG Blueboard in the past, I have a pretty quick/aggressive transition (former hockey player, still too much "hit" in my swing I'm trying to work out) and it wasn't a great fit for me. The 8.2 TS and GP have both performed well, and for no other reason I just want to try something new.

Tried the Blue in a driver, could not get along with it. The black might be a good option I haven't hit that yet.

I was playing the Pro White 70TX for a while in 2016, tried the Pro Blue 70TX but didn't care for it and went back to the white, few months later went to the Pro Orange V2. But picked up a tour issue m2 3 wood head and in a pinch right before a tournament I just threw the Pro Blue into it and it hasn't left the bag. I get a good mid launch off the deck and mid/high off the tee with it, and low spin.

I am currently playing the TP 7x in my driver, as said above the shaft is very smooth but stable feeling. Outside of the hybrid shaft, I was never a big fan of GD shafts but this thing won me over pretty quickly. Put it on trackman and up against the Pro White, V2 orange, and the T1100 and it easily gave me my best numbers. Having said that, after the good results I did try it in my 3 wood and did not like it at all so I went back to the Pro blue.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

How does the TP & GP compare to the Di and the new IZ? I'm looking for driver and 3 wood shaft to increase my launch, but keep spin low.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

How does the TP & GP compare to the Di and the new IZ? I'm looking for driver and 3 wood shaft to increase my launch, but keep spin low.

I have tried all of these and can share my experience.

Originally got fit between the GP and the TP. I originally tried a DI6 in S and X and a 7S but didn't like any of them. Very high launch and no control. I swing about 105 avg but have a quick load and aggressive release.

Fast forward to trying the TP 6 and GP 6 but both in stiff because they are both more mid/low launch with low spin. I hit a low spin ball (1900ish) so I don't want to be too little spin.

The GP was great, a little boardy but was just too low. I averaged 10-10.5* LA with 1800ish spin and was not able to get the optimal carry. The TP was about 12.5* LA at 1950ish spin and carry was 8-10 yards longer because of the launch. I hit a few longer with the GP but if it was a carry only hole, I would be in trouble.

I ended up settling on a TP 6 and love it. I put it against an IZ and found the IZ to be between the DI and the TP, which was still too tip soft for me. It launched close to the same as the TP (13* LA) but 2500ish spin.

In terms of high to low launch and spin

DI/IZ/TP/GP

I just worried the GP would be too demanding at the end of the day. I highly recommend the TP.

Also, in regards to driver and 3 wood.. I currently play a TP6S in my driver and a DI8S in my 3 wood. The DI8 was a phenomenal shaft for me in my 3/5 woods... Totally opposite experience than I had with it in the driver. I picked up a hzrdus yellow 76 6.0 to try with the 3 wood to try and get a little more distance to gap it better. The DIs are great in fairways, but if I had the extra coin I would be curious to try a TP7 in my 3 wood.

I have tried all of these and can share my experience.

Originally got fit between the GP and the TP. I originally tried a DI6 in S and X and a 7S but didn't like any of them. Very high launch and no control. I swing about 105 avg but have a quick load and aggressive release.

Fast forward to trying the TP 6 and GP 6 but both in stiff because they are both more mid/low launch with low spin. I hit a low spin ball (1900ish) so I don't want to be too little spin.

The GP was great, a little boardy but was just too low. I averaged 10-10.5* LA with 1800ish spin and was not able to get the optimal carry. The TP was about 12.5* LA at 1950ish spin and carry was 8-10 yards longer because of the launch. I hit a few longer with the GP but if it was a carry only hole, I would be in trouble.

I ended up settling on a TP 6 and love it. I put it against an IZ and found the IZ to be between the DI and the TP, which was still too tip soft for me. It launched close to the same as the TP (13* LA) but 2500ish spin.

In terms of high to low launch and spin

DI/IZ/TP/GP

Thanks for the feedback....

I just worried the GP would be too demanding at the end of the day. I highly recommend the TP.

Also, in regards to driver and 3 wood.. I currently play a TP6S in my driver and a DI8S in my 3 wood. The DI8 was a phenomenal shaft for me in my 3/5 woods... Totally opposite experience than I had with it in the driver. I picked up a hzrdus yellow 76 6.0 to try with the 3 wood to try and get a little more distance to gap it better. The DIs are great in fairways, but if I had the extra coin I would be curious to try a TP7 in my 3 wood.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

• 2 years later...

Ad DI 9x in my 3w , best combo for me

kicking around some driver shaft options

had an ad tp 8tx in a driver at one time ,

looking for a 70g option

ad tp closer profile wise to Ad DI than the GP?

anyone using the GP?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Yes AD TP will have the closest bend profile match to AD DI in the 70 and 80 gram range. TP has a slightly stiffer mid, slightly stiffer tip, and slightly stiffer overall.

image.png

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour