2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Cobra F8+ driver. How is it?

dan040286

Who’s hit it? How were the launch/spin/speed? I’m thinking about buying one blind with the Tensei orange. I’m high launch and super high spin. Currently playing M1 440 with Kuro Kage DCXT TX.

I think this is a head you really need to try first. I am hearing lots of varying reports regarding its launch and spin rate. I actually own the an F8+, with a GD Tour AD GP 6S shaft. I tend to be high launch and high spin with a driver. This shaft is mid launch and supposedly very low spin. I am seeing launch of 14 to 15 with spin on GC2 of around 2650, so it is not low spin for me. The driver is awesome, though. It does not seem to balloon at all out on the course. I have 27 holes in with it and I really have never driven the ball better.

I have the HZRDUS 6.0 76g in mine. Launching just under 14* with 2100 spin. I have the heavier weight in the back, and loft at 8.5*. Very happy with the results.

In the Wilson Exo II:
Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1
3 wood - 2016 Taylormade M1
7 wood - Callaway XR Steelhead Heavenwood
Irons Staff - Wilson C300 Forged 4-GW
Wedges - Cleveland RTX 4 54* / 58*
Putter - Wilson Staff Infinite Windy City

How is it? Great.

Hit it with the Aldila NV Green 65s, it was just dead straight bullets. Low spin, low launch. Best part was, the strikes off the bottom didn’t balloon. Very good driver

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 Tour Spec X

Taylormade V-Steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75TX

Titleist 913 19* Diamana 82hy S
Srixon ZX4 MKII 4i Modus 105s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-P Modus 105s

TM MG 50/54 Project X 6.5 8i 

TM Tiger Grind 60* TI s400

TM Rossa Tourismo agsi+

How is it? Great.

Hit it with the Aldila NV Green 65s, it was just dead straight bullets. Low spin, low launch. Best part was, the strikes off the bottom didn’t balloon. Very good driver

Nice. Anyone else try it with the NV Green? Sounds like a good combo

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 6-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping Glide 3.0 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

I am a college golfer and Currently still use a 913 D3 titliest. Obviously I have used this driver for a while. I decided To get the f8+ in hopes of gaining 10ish yards of distance. I am not a huge shaft guy(typically buy clubs off the shelf and figure out how to hit them) but I hit the f8+ on the range for a week and never noticed a noticeable distance change between the two driver. The cobra certainly isn't bad but I returned it. Driver tech hasn't had a noticeable change in past 5 years in my personal opinion. 913 still does the job. If anyone has any recommendations on new drivers I just try then please speak up

I'm really digging mine. The driver is long and straight, with optimal numbers. Love the look and sound. Still trying to figure out if the HZRDUS is right for me. And the Arccos is worthless so I'm looking forward to getting that stupid s out of there.

What don't you like about the arccos? I've found it to work well in my f7.

I am a college golfer and Currently still use a 913 D3 titliest. Obviously I have used this driver for a while. I decided To get the f8+ in hopes of gaining 10ish yards of distance. I am not a huge shaft guy(typically buy clubs off the shelf and figure out how to hit them) but I hit the f8+ on the range for a week and never noticed a noticeable distance change between the two driver. The cobra certainly isn't bad but I returned it. Driver tech hasn't had a noticeable change in past 5 years in my personal opinion. 913 still does the job. If anyone has any recommendations on new drivers I just try then please speak up

Put some effort into getting fit for the right shaft and I guarantee you will get those 10 yards you seek.

If you're not over-spinning the 913D3 then you won't see much of an increase. The problem for most with Titleist drivers is the spin levels can get high for those at high swing speeds or those that just have spin issues. Problem is, it's very rare someone isn't over spinning a Titleist driver unless they've been fit for a shaft to help bring that down.

There are naturally low-spin players that can game Titleist equipment and not see a jump when going to lower-spin options.

If you're not over-spinning the 913D3 then you won't see much of an increase. The problem for most with Titleist drivers is the spin levels can get high for those at high swing speeds or those that just have spin issues. Problem is, it's very rare someone isn't over spinning a Titleist driver unless they've been fit for a shaft to help bring that down.

There are naturally low-spin players that can game Titleist equipment and not see a jump when going to lower-spin options.

I would think he'd still gain ballspeed over the 913, especially with the correct shaft.

I had a 913 I would say my ball speeds are better with f8+ than 913...and I really liked my 913, but I digress...I have the new f8+ with iz 6-stiff Shaft it is a very good driver still adjusting to it..love it into wind (usually an issue for me because my miss is low on the face.) I want to keep testing it but as I said I like the driver it looks and feel great.

Under construction....

Hard to believe a scratch college golfer is so "in the dark" about shafts and what they contribute to overall performance. :dntknw:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Hard to believe a scratch college golfer is so "in the dark" about shafts and what they contribute to overall performance. :dntknw:

You'd be surprised. There are guys on tour that can barely tell you what color the shaft in their driver is. They just hit what the fitter tells them to or what feels good and comfortable.

You'd be surprised. There are guys on tour that can barely tell you what color the shaft in their driver is. They just hit what the fitter tells them to or what feels good and comfortable.

You are correct. I talked to a pro that everyone here knows, had little interest in his driver shaft and did not know name of his previous shaft. I had to tell him it was a fubuki

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

I'm really digging mine. The driver is long and straight, with optimal numbers. Love the look and sound. Still trying to figure out if the HZRDUS is right for me. And the Arccos is worthless so I'm looking forward to getting that stupid s out of there.

Yeah, probably shouldn't have gone quite so harsh there. It's just that I work in software and my perspective is that for something like Arccos to add value, it needs to do the work and do it properly the first time. I paired it correctly, hit the drive, walked to the ball, then hit the second shot. No data populated. That's the end for me.

I'll just use the Bushnell and shoot the tee box if I'm ever curious about the distance.

I would also recommend trying Ping g400 LsTec...if that is high spin for you it may not be the club. I tested my G extensively with tour balls vs any Epic combo the rep had..Ping was still lower spin. Good luck! By the way, I love the xt...best thing since sliced bread..whatever that means.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Yeah, probably shouldn't have gone quite so harsh there. It's just that I work in software and my perspective is that for something like Arccos to add value, it needs to do the work and do it properly the first time. I paired it correctly, hit the drive, walked to the ball, then hit the second shot. No data populated. That's the end for me.

I'll just use the Bushnell and shoot the tee box if I'm ever curious about the distance.

Ah okay, i've only had that happen once in the 2 rounds i've played so far with my f7 that has arccos. otherwise it's worked as advertised.

... The Fly Z was the most accurate driver I have played. I had a ton of confidence in it even though it spun a little too much and I was robbing myself of some distance. Last year I switched to the Epic as it was producing more yards for me, sometimes silly more yards due to better spin numbers and roll. But the Epic could be a little finicky compared to the Fly Z and while I was not all over the place, some days I had a harder time finding the fairway. I hit the F8+ with an Even Flow Blue on Demo Day at the PGA Show and for me at least, it was a combo of the best of the Fly Z and the Epic. Long and accurate. I switched up clubs and tied to simulate driving on the course by hitting an iron, then a wedge, then the F8+ to a specific "fairway". Then repeated aiming in a different direction and the results were the same, just very accurate and long. Now, any of those shots don't count if I missed them so there is a freedom on the range and it is always different on the course, but my F8+ Even Flow Blue will arrive next week and I will be playing it in Phoenix all of March.

... I cannot remember the last time I was this excited about a driver. It seems there are always trade offs and so far there just aren't any with the F8+.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

I have a question for you guys. Can I assume you all have swing speeds over 100? I'm mid 90's and most seem to suggest its meant for higher swing speeds. I love the shape. I am actually going to a fitter tomorrow and may give it a shot, but thought I would ask anyway.

I hit the F8 and Rogue today and enjoyed both. Looking forward to my fitting.

I have a question for you guys. Can I assume you all have swing speeds over 100? I'm mid 90's and most seem to suggest its meant for higher swing speeds. I love the shape. I am actually going to a fitter tomorrow and may give it a shot, but thought I would ask anyway.

Good luck with the fitting let us know how it goes...I am over 100 but not wrx long...that being said I don’t think it matters with speed with this one more important to get head and shaft correct in whatever driver you choose...

Under construction....

I'm not over 100 so I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Good luck with the fitting let us know how it goes...I am over 100 but not wrx long...that being said I don’t think it matters with speed with this one more important to get head and shaft correct in whatever driver you choose...

Agree here. The F8+ is lower spinning, but not as severe as some others out there. Those of us with moderate swing speeds (I'm around 100) with smooth tempo can look forward to some spin to keep the ball airborne longer and avoid that "drop from the sky" shot. This head, if matched with the right shaft can work for a lot of us. Where many golfers fail, is buying into the "lower spin drivers are the best thing" mantra. Unless you have a high SS and/or very quick tempo through the ball, a LS head will do more harm than good unless paired properly. I will be testing it too and probably will find that I need a higher spinning or launching shaft with proper characteristics to compliment the head. Good luck.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen4 @ 10.5* w/Tour AD VR-6 S

Fairway: PXG 0341 X GEN4 @ 15* w/PX Evenflow Riptide CB 60g
Fairway: Callaway Mavrik @ 18* w/PX Evenflow Riptide 60g
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen4 Xtreme Dark Combination Set: 5-7 Gen4 XP; 8-GW Gen4 P w/SteelFiber 95
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Black Satin 50*  54*  58*

Putter: PXG Bat Attack-HS @ 35.5"
Ball: Wilson Staff Model