Ric Shiels- Lumine pro am score

Londoner

The real question is why are all the big golf vlogs on youtube guys from the UK who butcher the english language? its impossible to understand them sometimes. Any word with th in it turns them into pudding.At least peter finch attempts to speak clearly.

I really really hope this post is some weak attempt at humor.

Where do you think the ENGLISH language comes from? Do you think English comes from the United States of America? Or, perhaps...England? If anything, WE are butchering THEIR language.

Now you're just making stuff up. I never said "so called professional".

You're correct. I don't play in tournaments like this. I also don't claim to a "professional golfer"

"Professional golfer" Rick does.

Bro, are you really that daft? Either you actually are, or you're just trolling at this point. (I'm going with the latter)

You literally put the term "professional golfer" in quotes, both times you said it. Putting that in quotes is, quite in fact, literally calling him a "so-called" professional golfer. You don't have the spell the words out, but the way you said it implies it.

Putting professional golfer in quotes means you don't agree or believe he's actually a professional golfer. Not believing he's a professional golfer would be the same thing as calling him a "so-called professional golfer".

You can't honestly be that dumb.

Also, by definition, he is a professional golfer. Why? Because he makes a living off the golf industry. Some would even call hit his...profession. WOW. See what I did there? With words? His profession (job, career, means of making money) is golf-related.

I drove a school bus for a few years. That was my job. My...profession. So, technically, I could have told people I was a professional driver.

Jacob, KYMAR quoted “professional golfer” because people in this thread were making a distinction between golf professional and professional golfer. These people claimed Rick would only refer to himself as a golf professional, as apparently golf professionals just make their living in the field of golf, whereas professional golfers are expert players who compete in high level tournaments.

KYMAR, with next to no digging, saw that Rick called himself a professional golfer... on the front of his frequently viewed YouTube homepage. You’ll also note the highlighted section on Rick’s channel advertising his “Quest for the Open”. Clearly Rick views himself as a player, and that’s what the small portion of quoted text of KYMAR’s is referring to.

In summary, you’ve completely misunderstood the entire argument, and quoted a few words out of KYMAR’s post, and in doing so, called him daft. Again, you called him daft about a topic the argument wasn’t about, without understanding context, or even understanding what was going on... and you called him daft.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Rick's last "full" season (2016) of 12 rounds of professional tournament golf he averaged 72. No mulligans, no gimmies, 7,000 yard setups, no asking your partner "what club did you hit?", no touching your ball until it's on the green, etc.

I guarantee you that the "zero caps" on this forum would not have averaged 72 over 12 rounds of pro tournament golf. Just sayin...

In my book 12 rounds of tournament golf averaging 72 is certainly more than good enough for a teaching professional.

St Anne's Old is nearly 7000 yards from the tips and a good golf course. Some of the other courses were around 5500 yards.

Lots of irons off the tees if i recall. Not dumping on the guy but those courses he averaged 72 on are shall we say a little dink and donk golf? he is a little sensitive about it though which is understandable

Now it's second guessing how courses were playing the days he was at or under par? Come on now. This stuff about courses being 5500 yards where he had good scores is just false.

Like him, don't like him but a little overreaching when people make up yardages or start calling courses "dink and donk" based on someone else's misrepresentation or simply perception of a course's strength based on yardage and nothing more for that day.

If irons off the tee are the play on some of these courses what's the point? When he hits driver off the planet he's terrible or can't manage his game, lol. Guy can't win (okay, literally he can't, but his 2016 results just are not as bad as people want to pretend they were).

Like everyone else he played the courses the organizations had them play - was he supposed to show up and say "hey, just build some new tees for me, I'll play those"?

Is it just me or has he got worse since he's been having lessons? His natural game was a big draw and he hit it hard as he could most swings. Then he had the bad Open Qualifying at Fairhaven and decided he needed to change his swing... when in fact for me and this latest competition proves that it's a mental issue. He said nerves got the better of him at Fairhaven as he didn't expect the crowd he got and again after this competition he speaks of nerves. This was only an 18 man field nothing at all to be nervous about especially when you factor in he was on holiday with his family. Testing new clubs in competition rounds isn't a great idea either. He should go for some hypnotherapy sessions to try to get these nerves out of his system... and be more professional about tournament rounds?... ie not play one whilst on holiday with his family if he is worried about the result, play a settled bag of gamers in competition rounds.

In Rick's last "full" season (2016) of 12 rounds of professional tournament golf he averaged 72. No mulligans, no gimmies, 7,000 yard setups, no asking your partner "what club did you hit?", no touching your ball until it's on the green, etc.

I guarantee you that the "zero caps" on this forum would not have averaged 72 over 12 rounds of pro tournament golf. Just sayin...

In my book 12 rounds of tournament golf averaging 72 is certainly more than good enough for a teaching professional.

St Anne's Old is nearly 7000 yards from the tips and a good golf course. Some of the other courses were around 5500 yards.

Lots of irons off the tees if i recall. Not dumping on the guy but those courses he averaged 72 on are shall we say a little dink and donk golf? he is a little sensitive about it though which is understandable

Now it's second guessing how courses were playing the days he was at or under par? Come on now. This stuff about courses being 5500 yards where he had good scores is just false.

Like him, don't like him but a little overreaching when people make up yardages or start calling courses "dink and donk" based on someone else's misrepresentation or simply perception of a course's strength based on yardage and nothing more for that day.

If irons off the tee are the play on some of these courses what's the point? When he hits driver off the planet he's terrible or can't manage his game, lol. Guy can't win (okay, literally he can't, but his 2016 results just are not as bad as people want to pretend they were).

Like everyone else he played the courses the organizations had them play - was he supposed to show up and say "hey, just build some new tees for me, I'll play those"?

Go check for yourself. We don't have slope rating over here. The course difficulty rating is its standard scratch Score (SSS).

The 7000 yard set up is the fake news element, apart from St Anne's old Links which is 7000 yards from the tips and used for Open final qualifying.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

He is not focused on playing tournament golf, that is clear. According to SocialBlade, he made as much as 114K last year with YouTube alone. He probably made something in the 70's-80's. That means he made more money than half the European Tour playing pros in 2017. Do you honestly think he cares about playing a tournament seriously?

I make more than most non-PGA Tour golfers at my job and I care a whole, whole lot about playing tournaments seriously. I don't understand the connection. Most people on these boards who are tournaments golfers are amateurs - we literally can't make money - and I still spend a significant portion of my life trying to get better and win golf tournaments. So, yes, I think he takes it very seriously - what does how much money he makes have to do with how important his golf game is to him? I correspond in messages with a few Gulf located amateurs and they care zero about prize money and they take it very seriously as well. Why do you think he would take his game less seriously based on how much money he makes?

It takes courage to play a pro tourney with a $750 entry fee knowing that you are risking your own money. With this scenario, it doesn't require much to do what he did.

Only someone who has never posted scores for the entire event in a multi-day high-level event would say it "doesn't require much".

but to be honest, he should focus on what he does well.

Like I said, he has courage. People who "focus on what they do well" tend to not get embarrassed or lose very often. Congrats. They are also usually pretty boring.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Go check for yourself. We don't have slope rating over here. The course difficulty rating is its standard scratch Score (SSS).

The 7000 yard set up is the fake news element, apart from St Anne's old Links which is 7000 yards from the tips and used for Open final qualifying.

One person claiming 7000 yard setups is just as bad as someone claiming 5500 yard setups, except when busted on misrepresenting that you say "check it out for yourself". I already had, if you had checked it out then you were being intentionally misleading.

Yardages as follow, a couple of longer courses played more than once: 6936,5677,6031,5751,5960,6348,5915,6252,6556,6703,6744,6941. Nobody trying to be intellectually honest would be throwing out "around 5500" as representative of the courses that were played. Courses he played the best were anywhere from 858 yards to over 1400 yards longer than your fictional yardage.

And again, in the end who cares? Those are the courses they played and I'm assuming those are typical of the kind of courses they have available and play for those events - doubt most clubs throughout the UK have been out Tiger proofing their courses the last 20 years.

Not really familiar with courses around there, but looked up Sunningdale just for kicks. About 6000 yards from the tips on both courses, somebody goes around there in par or better that's a crock? Don't think so.

Making up and exaggerating facts to make a point that is flawed even on those facts is just wasting people's time.

He puts himself out there, anybody on the internet is wide open for criticism and plenty of fair criticism in this thread, but you are not playing fair with the facts and you know that.

One person claiming 7000 yard setups is just as bad as someone claiming 5500 yard setups, except when busted on misrepresenting that you say "check it out for yourself". I already had, if you had checked it out then you were being intentionally misleading.

Yardages as follow, a couple of longer courses played more than once: 6936,5677,6031,5751,5960,6348,5915,6252,6556,6703,6744,6941. Nobody trying to be intellectually honest would be throwing out "around 5500" as representative of the courses that were played. Courses he played the best were anywhere from 858 yards to over 1400 yards longer than your fictional yardage.

And again, in the end who cares? Those are the courses they played and I'm assuming those are typical of the kind of courses they have available and play for those events - doubt most clubs throughout the UK have been out Tiger proofing their courses the last 20 years.

Not really familiar with courses around there, but looked up Sunningdale just for kicks. About 6000 yards from the tips on both courses, somebody goes around there in par or better that's a crock? Don't think so.

Making up and exaggerating facts to make a point that is flawed even on those facts is just wasting people's time.

He puts himself out there, anybody on the internet is wide open for criticism and plenty of fair criticism in this thread, but you are not playing fair with the facts and you know that.

It was never my intention to mislead anyone, saying that "some of the courses were around 5500 yards" was wrong, a more accurate description would have been, some of the courses were under 6000 yards. It was late over here and I was a little tardy with the details. I was out by 177 yards in one case and 251 in another. I mention that St Anne's old is 7000 yards, it was not they are all X.

I was just pointing out that the 7000 yard courses was not accurate in all cases, but I made the mistake of getting my posted details wrong as well. Wrist slapped, won't happen again.

Sunningdale is amazing, it's a must play for anyone visiting. Par round the New course when it is set up properly is decent golf.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

He is not focused on playing tournament golf, that is clear. According to SocialBlade, he made as much as 114K last year with YouTube alone. He probably made something in the 70's-80's. That means he made more money than half the European Tour playing pros in 2017. Do you honestly think he cares about playing a tournament seriously?

I make more than most non-PGA Tour golfers at my job and I care a whole, whole lot about playing tournaments seriously. I don't understand the connection. Most people on these boards who are tournaments golfers are amateurs - we literally can't make money - and I still spend a significant portion of my life trying to get better and win golf tournaments. So, yes, I think he takes it very seriously - what does how much money he makes have to do with how important his golf game is to him? I correspond in messages with a few Gulf located amateurs and they care zero about prize money and they take it very seriously as well. Why do you think he would take his game less seriously based on how much money he makes?

It takes courage to play a pro tourney with a $750 entry fee knowing that you are risking your own money. With this scenario, it doesn't require much to do what he did.

Only someone who has never posted scores for the entire event in a multi-day high-level event would say it "doesn't require much".

but to be honest, he should focus on what he does well.

Like I said, he has courage. People who "focus on what they do well" tend to not get embarrassed or lose very often. Congrats. They are also usually pretty boring.

Because golf is your passion, not your job. Golf is his job (and his passion, I'm sure) but he is banking on other facets of golf. He doesn't strike to me as the competitive kind. His focus is 100% elsewhere. I followed the guy for a while but the Quest for The Open was an unfocused quest. He did not train that seriously and all his content was vlogs and whatnot. I know Pedro Oriol from the European Tour, a true grinder, trains like a madman, plays like a madman, still doesn't make as much as Rick does from YouTube and obviously he would win against Rick by a fair amount of shots.

My point is that it is OK to shoot that kind of score, but he is an entertainer, not a playing professional, and good for him to go out there and try to put in a good score, but in order to do that, he either stops making content and trains accordingly (he could vlog that too, same as Andrew Jensen does) to post good scores on tournament golf or he just sticks to what he does well. I think he knows he is not good enough, but the Quest for The Open was a content journey for his YouTube audience, not a real approach at trying to qualify for one of the Majors.

I will post my scores on a high level event as soon as I get there. I've been playing for 2.5 years so I haven't had the time to get there, but I will. I too take this seriously.

All the best.

Im actually quoting what he and peter finch were saying about those courses. Peter i believe remarked how few drivers they hit. Dont go overboard on what i said, I was merely claiming he maybe played a venue thats tougher than hes used to. They tried to qualify for the open for a few years now and have posted in some cases really bad scores. Im not ragging on the guy just giving some perspective on his "average" over a season. Im happy for him as hes obviously made this youtube thing into a living, i just cant stand the way he speaks.Its grating to me. He does seem like a nice guy and i wish him well.I think Peter is the far superior player and has a more realistic outlook on his competitive golf

One thing to remember is that some people simply do not have the guts to compete. I know plenty of good golfers who can't play for s*** in a tournament. Suddenly, they're shanking and chunking everything. "What the f' happened to you?!" I find that most people simply try to hard. They think that trying harder will somehow make them better than they usually are. As if somehow they're going to magically become a much better golfer for this one day. No, you can have a good day if you let yourself, but not if you "make" yourself.

Maybe Ric just ain't got the min'ruls?

Casual confidence. That's how you play a tournament. Play like you've already won, you just need to casually show them how you did it.

If only he signed a deal with Titleist, then complained about manufacturers not sending new equipment to test, he probably would have won.

Mark is very petty isn't he haha

No, he isn't. TaylorMade is.

Nah, Mark is.

I can't imagine being so privileged as to having golf companies sending me free clubs. The last thing I'd ever do is make a long video crying that one particular company won't send me anything.

If only he signed a deal with Titleist, then complained about manufacturers not sending new equipment to test, he probably would have won.

Nah, Mark is.

I can't imagine being so privileged as to having golf companies sending me free clubs. The last thing I'd ever do is make a long video crying that one particular company won't send me anything.

You obviously don't have much of a future in being a YouTube "celebrity", then. Don't give up your day job.

Whining and crying about how some big company done you wrong apparently has GREAT entertainment value for the punters viewing Mark's YouTube stuff.

Nah, Mark is.

Ha!!

I must be petty too. I’d bring it up every freakin’ day. Pathetic TM D-bags.

And why is this thread still so hot??

Damn. You’re all going to give poor Rick a mental breakdown. You know he’s reading this stuff.

Sorry Rick! There’s a lot of nasty judgmental bastards on this site! ; )

I hope Rick is crying all the way to the bank. By my count there are approximately a zillion viewers earning him a tidy sum for watching him pretend to be a big-time "professional golfer" on YouTube and maybe two dozen supposed "haters" ragging on him in this thread (at a net cost to him of zero). Sounds like he has the maths just about right.

One thing to remember is that some people simply do not have the guts to compete. I know plenty of good golfers who can't play for s*** in a tournament. Suddenly, they're shanking and chunking everything. "What the f' happened to you?!" I find that most people simply try to hard. They think that trying harder will somehow make them better than they usually are. As if somehow they're going to magically become a much better golfer for this one day. No, you can have a good day if you let yourself, but not if you "make" yourself.

Maybe Ric just ain't got the min'ruls?

Casual confidence. That's how you play a tournament. Play like you've already won, you just need to casually show them how you did it.

Eh, sorta. Players have different styles. Personally, I try my a** off - after a round I feel like someone has put a drill in my ear. I know others who do what you suggest. Usually the great range/buddy round guys who fall apart in tournaments claim its mental like the old primitive humans thought thunderstorms were gods being angry. They don't understand why they fall apart (mechanical flaw they don't know about) so they create a narrative they do understand ("mental game").

A good example of this is a college player I know. He has a bad backswing mechanical fault where he takes the club back dead shut and then, at the top, flips it square as his first move on the downswing. When he can time that move correctly he's an incredible player. When he cannot he shoots 85. Until we put him on video a few times down the line he constantly talked about his "bad mental game" - but, really, its just that when the pressure shows up the compensations get much harder because the body produces cortisol and it becomes harder to time very fast motions precisely. Most of the time "bad mental game" is synonymous with "i have a swing flaw but I don't know what it is but since I don't have it on the range by myself its gotta be in my head."

Now, this is a huge generalization. There are golfers with mental issues. There are a whole lot more with unsound mechanics who can compensate when not under pressure. You can either fix the fault or you can play in so many tournaments that you get inoculated to the pressure and can compensate during competitive rounds. Usually great players have done a bit of both.

People get in trouble, IMO, when they tell themselves stories to obviate blame. In other words, his tournament game is real and his range game is fake not the other way around. As they say, there ain't no such thing as a halfway crook.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Rick has built his swing to be launch monitor hero for his driver reviews. Until he gets rid of his hook he will have playing difficulties and be a tournament zero.

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

Rick has built his swing to be launch monitor hero for his driver reviews. Until he gets rid of his hook he will have playing difficulties and be a tournament zero.

Wow. Someone else sees this as well. I’ve been thinking this for over a year. He’s become obsessed with making his monitor numbers look good for his reviews.

That hard sweep from the inside always trying to play the high low spin draw can kill you under pressure. Block, hook, block, hook...left, right, left, right,... Army Golf. Have a good friend that suffers from the same thing. Kills it when his timing is good. Ugly as sin when it’s not.

Oh crap!! Now I’m contributing to this endless bash thread!! Ugh.

Has anyone heard of some dude called Hank Haney? Great coach to some goat or so. But ultimately he developed a driver swing so bad that he had problems teaching because he could not demonstrate that swing to his students. Awful tee shots during the rounds he played.

Still considered one of the best teachers around isn‘t he? So to judge a coach just by his playing proficiency is a bit one dimensional. Not a single one of you has ever taken a lesson with Rick, so...

Out of all of the videos I've ever seen rick do, I've never seen him 4 putt double bogey before have you?

Of course you haven't, do you see some of the "gimme" putts they give each other? They will literally call a 4 footer good, which is fine because they are playing as friends and doing vlogs, however there is a reason he shot what he shot in this tournament. I saw him double, after putting for birdie from about 8 feet, a hole on that vlog of the tournament because he couldnt make a short two/three footer, twice.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

I personally like the guy. I like crossfield too. I enjoy watching their videos. I don't watch the vlogs & match play stuff they do. But do watch their club reviews. I take things with a grain salt & formulate own opinions. But do gather data from the vids they post. Anyone can see they both have weaknesses their games. But it doesn't mean they don't have the knowledge or keen eye to help someone learn the game. What they post needs be taken for what it's worth. & that can be different for everybody. He scored poorly a tourney. We've all done that. Sometimes the game isn't there. And a poor short game to begin with, along with poor putting....well...88 isn't hard to shoot. Those who can't do...teach

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

My honest impression, as a long time viewer of his channel and a fan, is that he has turned to the dark side and is truly focused more on the financial side of the game as opposed to improving his own game. I have watched (sort of in horror) as he has pulled putters he couldn't miss with to "test" others, has slowed his pace on practice and has basically (ironically given the name of his Academy) given up on his quest.

I think another factor was the enlargement of his family - things sort of changed when he had his latest little one.

I may be way off here but these have been my takes. Hard not to notice that he is all over the place on the course and making bogey or higher on plenty of holes in the vlogs. He still drives the ball a mile and has a ton of potential. But "show me the money" seems to have replaced his true and earnest desire to improve his game enough to qualify.

As for his round at TPC I thought he shot like an 80 or so but am not certain. I know some local ams who have played Sawgrass and one, a scratch player, shot an 82. Said he had a hard time staying focused because of where he was playing. But he did manage to par out from 16 so, to me at least, that's an awesome memory made.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

My honest impression, as a long time viewer of his channel and a fan, is that he has turned to the dark side and is truly focused more on the financial side of the game as opposed to improving his own game. I have watched (sort of in horror) as he has pulled putters he couldn't miss with to "test" others, has slowed his pace on practice and has basically (ironically given the name of his Academy) given up on his quest.

I think another factor was the enlargement of his family - things sort of changed when he had his latest little one.

I may be way off here but these have been my takes. Hard not to notice that he is all over the place on the course and making bogey or higher on plenty of holes in the vlogs. He still drives the ball a mile and has a ton of potential. But "show me the money" seems to have replaced his true and earnest desire to improve his game enough to qualify.

As for his round at TPC I thought he shot like an 80 or so but am not certain. I know some local ams who have played Sawgrass and one, a scratch player, shot an 82. Said he had a hard time staying focused because of where he was playing. But he did manage to par out from 16 so, to me at least, that's an awesome memory made.

I figured ramping up the club testing, but that's always been a big part of his channel, and reaching some subscriber goals as a result and needing to keep feeding that have certainly seemed to make a difference, but I don't know him. And I really don't underestimate growing the family as helping his practice, what little he gets to do, taking a back seat.

In other news, watch Peter's video on getting engaged and getting the puppy. I've never heard anyone squeal quite like that, he was pretty excited, lol. Glad his gal said "yes".

Seem like nice guys, I still watch when a vid looks entertaining or interesting and will catch Crossfield if he's talking about something instructional just because his takes are interesting, the course vlogs taking their toll on me, however. Still would like these guys to highlight some classic UK courses and have a nice round and talk through some of the features and course management, whatever, but not on the radar screen for the most part, although one or more of them usually hit whatever the Open venue is.

I figured ramping up the club testing, but that's always been a big part of his channel, and reaching some subscriber goals as a result and needing to keep feeding that have certainly seemed to make a difference, but I don't know him. And I really don't underestimate growing the family as helping his practice, what little he gets to do, taking a back seat.

In other news, watch Peter's video on getting engaged and getting the puppy. I've never heard anyone squeal quite like that, he was pretty excited, lol. Glad his gal said "yes".

Seem like nice guys, I still watch when a vid looks entertaining or interesting and will catch Crossfield if he's talking about something instructional just because his takes are interesting, the course vlogs taking their toll on me, however. Still would like these guys to highlight some classic UK courses and have a nice round and talk through some of the features and course management, whatever, but not on the radar screen for the most part, although one or more of them usually hit whatever the Open venue is.

Two other gents worth watching Hawk. Both have AMAZING talent.

Ben Issac

Harry Flower.

Harry is just a beast and his course vlogs are always no non-sense one hole to the next; not a lot of banter going on and they almost always shoot under par. One of Harry's buddies show a 7 under in a recent vlog - just amazing how good he was. Granted they were using some temp tees that were shorter but still - when the hole is almost 400 and you end up a couple of feet from after stiffing a wedge odds are you've got some game.

Check them out if you haven't already. Flower has actually become one of my favorites just because he gets 6 holes in per vlog in under 20 minutes and like I said he and his buddies are just incredibly talented. All, BTW, want to play on the tour as I understand it.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

What a bunch of BS. Pathetic arm chair quarterbacks on this thread. No one should be criticizing anybody about the humble nature of golf, especially tournament golf. I think anyone who is kicking Rick Shields about his performance, put up or shut up. Put up some significant money and challenge him. I know he would enjoy taking your money. Then you can post that on here.

Gladly. When and where? I'd be willing to hook up a couple places inJupiter or Hobe Sound.