2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

adidas customer service after the split with Taylormade is abysmal.

evanseze

Title pretty much says it all. Customer service prior to the split was fantastic regarding the golf shoes......it astounds me at how bad it has become after the split. Like many people on this site, I love adidas golf shoes, however they seemed to have some ongoing issues with abnormal heel wear on their Tour 360 golf shoes that had cloth liners. Prior to the split, I had one pair replaced with no issues whatsoever as I had purchased 2 pairs of the Tour 360 at Golfsmith in June 2016 and after about 6-10 rounds of golf for each shoe, the heels were wearing thru on both pair. I swapped out 1 pair over the phone and it was a seamless transaction (traded up to the TP model....fantastic shoe btw). Based on the advice of the rep, I decided to wait until the new Tour 360 was released as they were going to a leather internal heel liner. I am now regretting that decision as I had no idea how bad the customer service would become once the split took place. Since contacting Adidas I have gotten the biggest runaround I have ever experienced with a major retailer.....especially when a product is still within the 2 year warranty period. After multiple phone calls the best resolution that has been provided by Adidas is to go to a Dicks and try to get them to warranty the shoes. The other option is that I can buy a new pair at a discount ($90 for the new Tour 360). The problem with DSG is the closest store is nearly 2 hours away, and the manager at DSG still has not said whether or not they will help me out with these shoes. Thing is, I shouldn't be relying on Dick's Sporting Goods to warranty these shoes as I feel Adidas is doing a terrible job standing behind the warranty on a $230 pair of golf shoes. I know there are a lot of other people having this same issue, hopefully you are having better luck than I am with Adidas since the split from TaylorMade.

Adidas, if you are reading this, you really really need to work on your customer service.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going through something similar now. Have a pair of last years model 360 boosts. Have started to notice the heel wear I have read about so I submitted an inquiry on the website. After not hearing anything for a week I gave customer service a call and she said that she couldn’t do anything and I had to submit an online request. So I submitted another one and didn’t hear any response, only a survey asking me how was the service I received. Seems ridiculous that the phone support couldn’t be of assistance. Not sure what to do at this point other than try to get a different person on the phone.

Same here. I had a pair of the Adipower S Boost 3 that had been worn maybe half a dozen times when the upper began to crack and split towards the front of both sides of both shoes.

I called and was told to submit an online warranty request which I did. Included six photo attachments of both shoes as well as a detailed explanation of the problem. I also mentioned that I owned two other pair of this exact shoe that were over a year old and had not experienced any similar issues.

I immediately received the generic computer generated response that my email had been received and that someone would contact me as soon as possible. However, they were "experiencing higher than normal contact volumes" so please be patient.

A little over two weeks later I received the following:

Thank you for your e-mail and interest in adidas.com!

It’s our goal to service you, and in order to better assist you, we require additional information. At your convenience, please provide additional details clarifying your request either by responding to this email or by contacting our customer service department via phone, at 1-800-982-9337.Our friendly customer service advisors will then assist you further. We are open 8AM-11PM EST, 7 days a week.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Well, I kind of figured I'd probably never hear back from them (which has happened twice before) so I had already emailed Zappos and explained the issue to them (no pics just a message) and within twenty minutes received a response stating they were sorry to hear about the problem and that they would be happy to exchange the shoes or refund the purchase price - my choice.

I decided to just take the refund and they provided me with a return shipping label and credited my credit card immediately upon receipt of the returned shoes less than 48 hours later.

Kind of like I would have hoped the actual manufacturer of the product might have done.

Thinking about going back to Nike and am going to give the new Puma line a good look.

Customer service matters.

A lot.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

I have since moved on from Adidas to Footjoy for a similar reason. I have basically tried all manufactures over the years and not really been loyal to anyone. I thought I found the perfect shoe with Adidas until problems started to arise. I really don’t think their customer service is as bad as their quality control. Maybe just can’t keep up with the amount of issues being brought to them.

Titleist TSR2 10 deg with Ventus TR Blue 6

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 deg 3 wood with Ventus TR Blue 7

Titleist TSR2  18 deg 5 wood with Ventus TR Blue 7

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges ?? 

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

I just got an email from their customer service (I use that term loosely) department asking me to mail the defective show back to them and write the RA # on the outside of the box.......problem is, they have never sent me an RA #. On top of that, the email says it could take up to 3-4 weeks once they receive my defective shoes before they get back with me......due to the fact that I no longer have the receipt, I am looking at only getting a credit for half of the MSRP....even though the shoes have a 2 year warranty....and it hasn't been 2 years since they were originally released. I am hoping Dick's can do something since they took over Golfsmith (this is where they were originally purchased).

I really like Adidas golf shoes, and regrettably due to this issue, I will more than likely be moving on to a different brand. It really is too bad as I was really starting to like their clothing line as well. I used to be a big Nike fan, but they have gotten a bit too funky with some of their designs.

Sorry to hear you guys are having some of the same issues I am.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

Even with their abysmal customer service, I still do love the looks of their shoes along with how they fit my foot. I called again today and the customer service rep couldn’t be of any assistance because she said it had to go to the corporate resolutions department. She told me I could send pictures of the issue directly to her and she would forward it to them. She proceeded to give me the generic customer service email. Crossing my fingers I can atleast get a response.

I just got an email from their customer service (I use that term loosely) department asking me to mail the defective show back to them and write the RA # on the outside of the box.......problem is, they have never sent me an RA #. On top of that, the email says it could take up to 3-4 weeks once they receive my defective shoes before they get back with me......due to the fact that I no longer have the receipt, I am looking at only getting a credit for half of the MSRP....even though the shoes have a 2 year warranty....and it hasn't been 2 years since they were originally released. I am hoping Dick's can do something since they took over Golfsmith (this is where they were originally purchased).

I really like Adidas golf shoes, and regrettably due to this issue, I will more than likely be moving on to a different brand. It really is too bad as I was really starting to like their clothing line as well. I used to be a big Nike fan, but they have gotten a bit too funky with some of their designs.

Sorry to hear you guys are having some of the same issues I am.

I don't know if they still do this but there used to be a number on a sewn in tag on the bottom side of the tongue that they used to verify the age of the shoe for warranty purposes. Granted, the number is related to the date of manufacture and won't help to identify date of purchase but is still pertinent it would confirm that the shoe is still under warranty.

As for the 3 - 4 weeks, that's putting it mildly. The one time that I actually stuck it out with their customer service on a warranty return it was EIGHT full weeks before I received email confirmation of my refund and another couple of weeks before it actually posted to my credit card.

Of course that was probably due to the fact that each of the two times I called to check on the credit they could find no record of the claim and had to start the entire process over.

At least they were friendly and apologetic about it.

What's really unbelievable is that I was stupid enough to continue buying their golf shoes. Too bad too - I always used to really like their stuff but I'm done now.

Best of luck.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

It's astounding to me the number of people that will deal with issues like this solely through playing email tag rather than calling and speaking to someone.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

It's astounding to me the number of people that will deal with issues like this solely through playing email tag rather than calling and speaking to someone.

Not really quite sure where you get the idea that I am only playing email tag with Adidas (not sure about everyone else) when my original post clearly states otherwise. I went back in to my original post and made it a bit easier for ya.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

We DID call. And were told we would have to submit the warranty claim via the online form provided on the adidas website.

That was a fundamental part of the issue in the first place.

Why can't they handle this stuff over the phone? With a real, live person as opposed to referring us to an internet site that is obviously not adequately staffed/monitored.

In my case, I then called again (more than once) to follow up with very limited success.

Clearly stated in the posts.

Has anyone had any luck dealing with the warranty return. I was just on the phone with customer service for 15 minutes and it seems like they are in a completely different office from corporate and have no control over the warranty/defective claims. Icing on the cake is that there is no phone number or specific email to reach out to corporate. I've gotten as far as them asking for the information to set up the Return authorization. Sent it back twice over the last week and a half and they haven't responded. This seems like a crazy runaround from a major company with a know problem about this particular model.

I think I have finally found the correct person to talk to at Adidas. I will post her direct phone number and name once I get my warranty claim settled. After about 6 phone calls to Adidas and speaking to six different people, I think I have finally found someone that knows what they are doing. I'm not going to go into specific details on the amount of run around that I have been given by Adidas, but I will say this, they need to do some serious training with their employees. As much as I love Adidas golf shoes, this is going to seriously impact my decision on whether or not I ever buy another pair of golf shoes from Adidas. Hopefully I can have everything wrapped up with my claim within the week and I will come back on here and post the phone number and name of the lady that is FINALLY getting my warranty claim handled

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

I think I have finally found the correct person to talk to at Adidas. I will post her direct phone number and name once I get my warranty claim settled. After about 6 phone calls to Adidas and speaking to six different people, I think I have finally found someone that knows what they are doing. I'm not going to go into specific details on the amount of run around that I have been given by Adidas, but I will say this, they need to do some serious training with their employees. As much as I love Adidas golf shoes, this is going to seriously impact my decision on whether or not I ever buy another pair of golf shoes from Adidas. Hopefully I can have everything wrapped up with my claim within the week and I will come back on here and post the phone number and name of the lady that is FINALLY getting my warranty claim handled

I hope you're right but, unfortunately, folks like that tend to not last very long in that type of environment. I hope I'm wrong and they're turning the corner.

The person you want to speak with is Mariah Martinez in the customer service dept with Adidas. Make sure you call the correct customer service number (833-234-4653). I finally have a new pair of shoes being sent to my local pro shop to replace the defective pair. This lady is the only person that has been able to get anything done since starting this debacle in January. Hopefully everyone else will have the same luck I had going thru her.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

Go my replacement shoes last week.....hopefully you guys will have the same results I got once I started dealing with Mariah Martinez.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

Just want to give a thanks to Evanseze. The first step in the right direction was having the correct customer service number for Adidas golf and not just general Adidas. From there I was able to get someone to point me in the direction of PGA Superstore who were able to handle the return using their account. Waiting on the new pair to come in from Adidas now

I love adidas products (not just golf...product of 70s!)...but their customer service is terrible.

An FYI...I filed an extended warranty claim with my credit card for some Ecco golf shoes (even worse customer service than adidas!)...couldn't have been easier, and the credit was placed in my account about 48 hours after filling out online claim. I didn't even have to return the shoes :)

same here. I have a pants that DOES NOT have a button stitched on.. I opened it 6 months after purchase and after contacting adidas 2 times, all I got was their "We received your inquiry" email. WTF

Shopping Nike and Puma from now on.

*did you guys know that adidas and puma original owners were brothers?

I just went through this fiasco after attempting to setup a return in Mid October 2017 for a pair of Prime Knit Boost golf shoes that were purchased from Amazon prime in March. After walking 6 rounds, the heels of both shoes had worn through. Unfortunately, the first time I called happened to be right around the time TM and Adidas Split. Also unfortunate considering this is the first pair of Adidas golf shoes I have owned.

After reading the info that evanseze posted, I called the Adidas golf customer service line. Much better customer service experience than I had encountered in the 5 previous times I had contacted Adidas in the past four months. I had filled out the Corporate Consumer Relations - Product Quality form 3 times prior and was expecting to be told to fill it out again and wait for a response. To my surprise, the lady I talked to (Marie) was very helpful and directed me to return the shoes to any Adidas golf retailer (with the exception of DSG or Golf Galaxy) and to have the retailer call her at her direct line. I returned the shoes Friday, and the shop called her today. I received what I felt was a more than reasonable credit that will mostly pay for a new pair of Tour360 2.0s (considering I payed $92 for the Prime Knit Boosts originally). I would have been happy with a $90 credit towards a new pair of shoes, but I feel that they are trying to rectify my situation.

I won't defend Adidas, but while I was on the phone, I asked what the deal was with the dodgy customer service from Adidas.com. The story I was relayed was that Adidas corporate was supposed to handle returns/exchanges after the split with TM, but that clearly wasn't happening. She made it sound like Adidas Golf is still operating mostly as it's own entity, and that AG has realized the issues and has decided to handle product issues on their own instead of relying on Adidas corporate.

Just want to give a thanks to Evanseze. The first step in the right direction was having the correct customer service number for Adidas golf and not just general Adidas. From there I was able to get someone to point me in the direction of PGA Superstore who were able to handle the return using their account. Waiting on the new pair to come in from Adidas now

Glad to hear you were able to get taken care of.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

Something tells me that adidas golf has some issues when a guy in Springfield, Mo has to act as a customer service liaison on an internet forum in order for guys to get warranty issues resolved in a "timely" manner!

Nonetheless, thanks to evanseze for his willingness to share valuable intel that he mined through his own pretty danged exhaustive research and diligence.

And I'm willing to bet that if and when adidas golf gets their act together his role will have played a part in moving them off the schneid.

Thanks man.

Thanks for the kind words Vernon, I'm glad my experience was able to assist other WRX members with their warranty issues......like you said, hopefully Adidas will look a little deeper into their CS department and make some much needed changes. I really do like their products, especially their shoes as they fit me really well. I just got a pair of the Adidas Ultra boost running shoes, and they are by far the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned (pretty cool looking as well). Hopefully we all will not have any future problems like this moving forward, as I would hate to have to move away from Adidas products due to extremely poor customer service.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

The person you want to speak with is Mariah Martinez in the customer service dept with Adidas. Make sure you call the correct customer service number (833-234-4653). I finally have a new pair of shoes being sent to my local pro shop to replace the defective pair. This lady is the only person that has been able to get anything done since starting this debacle in January. Hopefully everyone else will have the same luck I had going thru her.

the number is not going through for last 2 days.

Has anyone had any luck dealing with the warranty return. I was just on the phone with customer service for 15 minutes and it seems like they are in a completely different office from corporate and have no control over the warranty/defective claims. Icing on the cake is that there is no phone number or specific email to reach out to corporate. I've gotten as far as them asking for the information to set up the Return authorization. Sent it back twice over the last week and a half and they haven't responded. This seems like a crazy runaround from a major company with a know problem about this particular model.

Yes, I bought a new pair of Adidas golf shoes, they were poorly padded and sliced open my ankle. I called Adidas, and they emailed me a claim form. I will send in the shoes and they will send me a gift card for the amount of the purchase. Easy peasy. Great customer service IMO.

the number is not going through for last 2 days.

I just now called that number and it goes thru fine. May have went down for a few days......glad to hear you got a label that quickly......maybe Adidas is making some positive changes to their CS.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

That's terrible. As competitive as the industry is you would think organizations would put a premium on customer service. This may sound odd, but I consider a company's customer service reputation as a factor when I purchase any golf equipment.

For example, I have a Leupold rangefinder. It went kaput and the warranty had expired. I contacted Leupold to see if they could fix it. They asked me to mail it to them. A few weeks later, I received the latest model...at no cost. When I was in the market for a rangefinder Bushnell was at the top of the heap. But I had heard/read some negative things about Bushnell's customer service, so I went with Leupold, whose customer service I read good things about.

I have no patience for organizations that won't back up their products.

That's terrible. As competitive as the industry is you would think organizations would put a premium on customer service. This may sound odd, but I consider a company's customer service reputation as a factor when I purchase any golf equipment.

For example, I have a Leupold rangefinder. It went kaput and the warranty had expired. I contacted Leupold to see if they could fix it. They asked me to mail it to them. A few weeks later, I received the latest model...at no cost. When I was in the market for a rangefinder Bushnell was at the top of the heap. But I had heard/read some negative things about Bushnell's customer service, so I went with Leupold, whose customer service I read good things about.

I have no patience for organizations that won't back up their products.

What you said.

As an aside regarding Bushnell though, I had one of their range finders throw an error code a couple of years ago. It too was well out of warranty but I live about ten miles from the factory so I took it by to see if they would do anything to help me out with a new one. Happily, they told me they would give me a credit equal to the original purchase price towards a replacement. Consequently, I walked out with the latest, greatest upgrade for I think it was about twenty bucks.

That being said, I have also heard some negative stuff about their customer service also. Fortunately, (for me anyways) I was taken good care of in this particular case.