Callaway APEX MB RAW

Pontus

Is there a place to get them in the US then now?

I'm living in Australia now and they have them online here. If you're struggling then I can always help out If someone wants them shipping.

I.e. Get them sent to my house and I can post them at the post office (obviously if you guys pay for the postage) if it's cheaper than ordering them off a foreign site and paying for postage.

Wait!

So that's in the US?

EDIT ... So yes, my answer to my question is yes. Lol. Read little further, Goof.

So thy are available in the us now?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think CC has 200 sets. That's one of the best looking irons ever.

Ummm..Try again.... they only have TEN sets... there are only 200 IN THE ENTIRE USA!!!

$1,300 not including shipping for 3-PW.

They are B E A U T I F U L.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my raw MB's for a few weeks now, just starting to rust nicely - the price was the same as the chrome model. I was also told by the rep that they are a limited run in the UK, so appears to be the same across the globe.

Well worth the investment if you can get your hands on them, I know feel is subjective but they feel/sound softer than my MP18's.

I have the chrome version with Project X LZ 6.0. Played twice. Once in a Par 3 9 hole (it was freezing 33 degrees and started snowing) and one 18 hole round. Irons are fabulous. Easy to hit. Good strikes were right at the flag with perfect distance. Slight miss hits were only a few yards short. Bad strikes were online but short. Need more time to judge because it was so windy when I played. Left easy up and down opportunities.

I am hitting a lot more greens because my dispersion left and right is much much tighter and I can fire at the flag without worrying I am going to fly the green. No hot spots on these bad boys.

I love these irons. Easy to hit. Great dispersion, great spin. Amazing feel. AW is very versaitile around the green. I am pitching and chipping very good with it. My handicap was 10 at end of last season. 1st round in winter conditions (windy and water logged course) I shot an 80, 8 over. One of my best scores at this course.

Blades aren’t for everyone, but for me, I can really feel where the head is theough the swing and control the face. This along with the feel gives me tremendous confidence.

Regardless, if you like blades you will love these! Wonder if Raw feels any different than chrome. I love the chrome playing so doubt I would have gone raw. Chrome has that classic look and are almost too pretty to hit lol

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

I've had my raw MB's for a few weeks now, just starting to rust nicely - the price was the same as the chrome model. I was also told by the rep that they are a limited run in the UK, so appears to be the same across the globe.

Well worth the investment if you can get your hands on them, I know feel is subjective but they feel/sound softer than my MP18's.

Same price for raw and chrome in Australia. Only had mine a week with a single round, no rusting yet.

This has been one of my talking points for some time. I firmly believe that raw irons/wedges last longer. If you look at any used iron/wedge its typically the chrome finish that shows the wear. Why do people send their clubs off to get refinished? To put a fresh new coat of chrome on them! I only use raw wedges and they last forever. Unless you play on a really sandy surface (then you have no hope either way).

Sorry to be mr pedantic but the opposite is true. The chrome plating is much harder than the steel underneath so technically they clubs will last longer than raw clubs - by the amount of time it takes to wear through the chrome plating. That being said, wear through the chrome layer looks awful so it gives the impression of being worn out long before it would have an effect on performance.

It would be possible to buy a chrome set and when browning occurs from use have the chrome layer removed - the resulting raw clubs would then have the same life expectancy as the new raw club. The trick is to find somewhere to have it dechromed that wouldn't turn it into the golf club equivalent of freddy krueger!

However, I would always choose a raw club when available. IMHO they look better both in the bag and at address, and they remind me of hickories!

So I just heard from a local fitter that Callaway are making the apex mb "raw" version available for leftys 2018 in Sweden. Huge fan of the look you get with a raw finish. But since they does not come cheap and I will use them for some years (I hope so atleast). How will the raw finish/ rust affect the life cycle compared to a forged non-raw finish??

This is the best post I've read in a while! I'd love to pick up a set of them especially if they make them for left handed golfers. Oh Callaway, how you tease me back into playing your clubs after I swore you off...

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

So I just heard from a local fitter that Callaway are making the apex mb "raw" version available for leftys 2018 in Sweden. Huge fan of the look you get with a raw finish. But since they does not come cheap and I will use them for some years (I hope so atleast). How will the raw finish/ rust affect the life cycle compared to a forged non-raw finish??

This is the best post I've read in a while! I'd love to pick up a set of them especially if they make them for left handed golfers. Oh Callaway, how you tease me back into playing your clubs after I swore you off...

They're available now in England in lefty, 929 £

Where can we find these online in the us since cc is sold out?

Have told myself since the pics of the raw version showed up on here that if I were to go in on new clubs, these would be it! Hoping there's still some out there.

I'm not sure what other shop got these. CC seemed to be the only place advertising them. You may want to reach out to Callaway and ask them.

My coach has hit these and says they are very weak, as in compared to say MP18's, Taylormade 730's they are 10-12 yards shorter. Anybody found this? Maybe what Rory was talking about after Augusta last year, struggling with spin and distance into the wind, was due to his irons not his ball?

i think rory attributed it to his golf ball, not his equipment. i think thats when he "fell in love" with the TP5x. Read more here: https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2017/05/09/rory-mcilroy-taylormade-equipment-players-championship.html

With regard to your coach's statement, blades are blades. All 3 of those heads are nearly identical in terms of material, composition and loft. If he's seeing some yardage differences, i would look at shaft or ball.

My coach has hit these and says they are very weak, as in compared to say MP18's, Taylormade 730's they are 10-12 yards shorter. Anybody found this? Maybe what Rory was talking about after Augusta last year, struggling with spin and distance into the wind, was due to his irons not his ball?

i think rory attributed it to his golf ball, not his equipment. i think thats when he "fell in love" with the TP5x. Read more here: https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2017/05/09/rory-mcilroy-taylormade-equipment-players-championship.html

With regard to your coach's statement, blades are blades. All 3 of those heads are nearly identical in terms of material, composition and loft. If he's seeing some yardage differences, i would look at shaft or ball.

I’m aware of the speech Rory gave about the ball, I was just speculating that maybe he was quick to blame the 1Vx when if the irons were slightly weaker than he was used to, bearing in mind he was using rifle 7.0 shafts in them, that was attributing to his ball getting knocked out of the sky in the wind.

I have the 730's and the Callys....this is simply is not true for me based upon 6 rounds with each set. In fact the 730's are about 1* weaker loft than the Callys stock from the factory.

I'm aware of the speech Rory gave about the ball, I was just speculating that maybe he was quick to blame the 1Vx when if the irons were slightly weaker than he was used to, bearing in mind he was using rifle 7.0 shafts in them, that was attributing to his ball getting knocked out of the sky in the wind.

i guess im not sure how one can quantify that one iron is weaker than the others given that all 3 heads are produced from 1025 carbon steel and under go a very similar if not identical manufacturing process. with all else equal, those irons will perform very close to one another.

• 2 weeks later...