The surprising Callaway Fusion driver

sfdoddsy

Yeah I’m not fitted for my shaft!

It’s a Fujikura Speeder 665 Stiff

I could buy a Fuji Motore VC 7.2 Tour spec X-Stiff for 100$

My swing speed is 109 mph!

What do you mean what shaft would be good for me?

There’s unfortunately no way I have a shaft fitting for my driver! :(

GD Tour AD TP 6X Big Bertha B21 8°

KBS Tour Proto 105X Callaway XForged'18 UT 18°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway XForged'18 UT 24°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway Apex Pro'19 5-PW

DG Tour Issue Onyx S400 SM9 50°/54°/58° Jetblack

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

Yeah I'm not fitted for my shaft!

It's a Fujikura Speeder 665 Stiff

I could buy a Fuji Motore VC 7.2 Tour spec X-Stiff for 100$

My swing speed is 109 mph!

What do you mean what shaft would be good for me?

There's unfortunately no way I have a shaft fitting for my driver! :(

You've got to find a launch monitor and preferably an experienced fitter as well and check your launch angle and spin rates. You should be in the low 2,000's.

I've never gotten along well with Fuji shafts and don't know much about those 2 and their characteristics.

I changed the shaft in my Fusion from the stock Diamana Redboard (high launch and spin) to the much lower spinning Hzrdus Black and am finding approximately an additional 7 yards of carry and much better consistency and dispersion as well.

I had previously tried the Hzrdus in a Cobra driver and found good results with it and bought one "on the blind" without previously trying it in the Fusion and it's worked out great.

Many here on WRX will tell you the shaft is more important than the head.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Yes,

Ich think i have consistent Spinrate of 3000! And my ballflight often goes left!

I think a stiffer shaft could fix that!

I read great reviews of the Fuji Motore series... but I have to buy it blind...

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

Yes,

Ich think i have consistent Spinrate of 3000! And my ballflight often goes left!

I think a stiffer shaft could fix that!

I read great reviews of the Fuji Motore series... but I have to buy it blind...

You need to get to a fitter. Are there any near you ?

Titleist Pro V1X

No good fitter in my area! ?

All the data I know: (current s flex) Speeder 665

9*head

Launch angl. 15*

Carry 260 yds

Swingspeed about 109mph (up to 113)

Spin 3000-3500

Miss: left, good distance but 40-50 yds off line

Hard to choose a shaft with this data?

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

No good fitter in my area! ��

9*head

Launch angl. 15*

Carry 260 yds

Spin 3000-3500

I would say try a Fujikura 6.2 Tour spec flex and that will get the spin down. at your swing speed, I would be looking for 265-275 carry with spin in the 2000

range

* that is a inexpensive low spin shaft, but if you want to spend more, try a even flow black 6.5 or a Tensei CK Pro ( w/boron tip ) 60TX

No good fitter in my area!

9*head

Launch angl. 15*

Carry 260 yds

Spin 3000-3500

Contact username Stuart G.

He's about as much of an equipment maven as we have around here and may be able to give you a few good recommendations.

He'll want to know your tempo/transition as well as a few other things about your swing.

Good luck

Titleist Pro V1X

Has anyone messed with heavy stiff shafts 45-46 inch long with the fusion?

I play mine with a HZRDUS yellow 70 gram @ 45.75" and it's crazy good.

Ummmmmm,,,,,, errrrrrrr,,,,,,,,,, :dntknw: :D

So I haven't updated my sig. Lol

I have a few drivers, but my fusion is my go to driver when I get out of whack

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Thx for your help!

Im a Student so the Fuji Motore 6.2 TS Xflex ist in my budget!

I ordered it! And give it a hit!

Hoping for good results

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

Ok...

i get 10-15 more meters carry out of it!

And yes it’s straighter

It feels sooooo different to my old shaft!

I have to get used to it but the first results are good!

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

Fusion is out of bag now. It was a good driver. Played well with it. Back to Epic Sub Zero. 9 degree with Aldila Rogue Max 75x. Didn’t get results I was hoping for with a reshaft.

Picked up 10 yards carry on trackman with new set up and a few mph club head speed.

Was close to new M3 9.5 460 with Tensi White 70x. Felt the sub zero felt a lot better and was more forgiving. Tad lower spin and 5 yards more carry. I imagine I could have gotten M3 to near identical numbers with some tinkering but Sub Zero sounds miles better and felt better too.

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

I've actually never hit a driver any better than I hit my 7yr old FT-IZ. It has a broken ferrule and imix adapter, its dirty, dinged, never sees a club head cover but it still mashes the ball. I set out on a crusade this fall/winter to replace it. Fusion was the first to peak my interest for obvious similarities but the internet lead me through a series of relationships with Fly-Z+, F6+, F7, Ping G, and G400 (which I am currently dating on the side). Each time I'd thought I found the one but each time I pulled the FT back out from under a pile in my basement it outperforms on feel and what my eyes tell me. I am consistently low toe contact and the FT performs admirably with a consistent low piercing draw. Very little distance penalty and a predictable result. G400 SFT eliminates my big miss (towering, leaky, push) but its consistently 10yds shorter on my consistent low toe contact.

So its obviously me and not the clubs. My contact patch calls for a low CG driver I think. I have a Fusion and King Ltd off flea bay en route to me now. I think those two might suit me due to the extreme low and back CG similar to the FT.

Any former FT fans currently gaming a Fusion?

Where on the face are you guys finding your best strikes?

I've actually never hit a driver any better than I hit my 7yr old FT-IZ. It has a broken ferrule and imix adapter, its dirty, dinged, never sees a club head cover but it still mashes the ball. I set out on a crusade this fall/winter to replace it. Fusion was the first to peak my interest for obvious similarities but the internet lead me through a series of relationships with Fly-Z+, F6+, F7, Ping G, and G400 (which I am currently dating on the side). Each time I'd thought I found the one but each time I pulled the FT back out from under a pile in my basement it outperforms on feel and what my eyes tell me. I am consistently low toe contact and the FT performs admirably with a consistent low piercing draw. Very little distance penalty and a predictable result. G400 SFT eliminates my big miss (towering, leaky, push) but its consistently 10yds shorter on my consistent low toe contact.

So its obviously me and not the clubs. My contact patch calls for a low CG driver I think. I have a Fusion and King Ltd off flea bay en route to me now. I think those two might suit me due to the extreme low and back CG similar to the FT.

Any former FT fans currently gaming a Fusion?

Where on the face are you guys finding your best strikes?

Yep. I had the FTiz. High toe hitter and mostly hit big draws with Fusion. I gained a ton of distance over all other drivers I had ever gamed except Epic. Fusion finds fairways far greater than Epic.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Early returns are in and I'd echo all the positive comments thus far on this thread. I got mine with the Diamana M+ 60 shaft which I find just dreadful, but the head is outstanding. G400 is going on ebay tonight. For half the cost I've got at least as forgiving and lower spinning (based solely on my observation of ball flight). Set at 9* I'm still launching incredibly high on anything above the equator line but my low toe strikes have a beautiful piercing flight.

I find the shaft responds unpredictably to anything but the smoothest load and I've felt some strange contact at impact. A few hump-backs and some strange shots that I can't tell if I've toe'd it or shanked it. Overall the setup is bit too light and lacks feel but with the right shaft pairing this might just be the club for me.

I've ordered an Epic pull Fuji pro 62 green to try out on a whim. It was a good price and had the adapter already in place so why not. Never been fit, or had my SS reliably measured but I feel most comfortable in a R+/S- shaft. Diamana feels like a stiff mid section with a regular toe. Hoping the Fuji pro 62 green fits the bill. The internet also has me wondering about the HZRDUS yellow. Would love to bring the launch down and loft up to 10.

Thanks to all who posted previously

Fusion may never get sold, but it is out of the bag now. The Rogue seems to be outperforming it and feels better. Could be shaft, I am a slow swinger (87-90 mph) and play lightweight shafts. Pretty happy with the Rogue, but the Fusion has been a terrific friend and will sit quietly for a while. A much needed rest.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Fusion may never get sold, but it is out of the bag now. The Rogue seems to be outperforming it and feels better. Could be shaft, I am a slow swinger (87-90 mph) and play lightweight shafts. Pretty happy with the Rogue, but the Fusion has been a terrific friend and will sit quietly for a while. A much needed rest.

What shaft do you have in the Rogue? I'm not particularly fast either I don't think. I used a range caddie ball tracker for a couple of sessions which had my SS 99-105, but I found the distance readings to be inaccurate so I never put much stock in the SS readings.

I also picked up the Fusion 3 wood in the recoil shaft. My 3 wood is basically my winter driver and subs in on days when I can't find the broad side of a barn with my driver. It doesn't have to be long but it has to be in the fairway. Fusion 3 wood does both. I wasn't expecting or seeking much and I was absolutely mind blown how easy it is to hit it long and straight. It will change my thought process on a lot of holes on the courses I play.

What shaft do you have in the Rogue? I'm not particularly fast either I don't think. I used a range caddie ball tracker for a couple of sessions which had my SS 99-105, but I found the distance readings to be inaccurate so I never put much stock in the SS readings.

I also picked up the Fusion 3 wood in the recoil shaft. My 3 wood is basically my winter driver and subs in on days when I can't find the broad side of a barn with my driver. It doesn't have to be long but it has to be in the fairway. Fusion 3 wood does both. I wasn't expecting or seeking much and I was absolutely mind blown how easy it is to hit it long and straight. It will change my thought process on a lot of holes on the courses I play.

I went with the Aldila Quaranta in both Driver and 3 wood. I have the lightweight Recoil in my Fusion driver and 3 wood as well. My lower swing speed needs the lightweight shafts. Still love the Fusion, and in the honeymoon phase with the Rogue, but so far, so good.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Just got done ripping away on my Fusion in the garage. Solid contact in the middle of the face! I hope to hit it like this all year but you know how that can go :)

I am looking forward to hitting the G400 whether it be the Regular, MAX, or SFT as well as the Rogue. Be interesting to see if any of these can be as consistent or better than my Fusion has been. In any event I don't have any plans to get rid of my Fusion. That and the fact it's not worth much at this point.

Just got done ripping away on my Fusion in the garage. Solid contact in the middle of the face! I hope to hit it like this all year but you know how that can go :)

I am looking forward to hitting the G400 whether it be the Regular, MAX, or SFT as well as the Rogue. Be interesting to see if any of these can be as consistent or better than my Fusion has been. In any event I don't have any plans to get rid of my Fusion. That and the fact it's not worth much at this point.

Agree, I will just keep it and sometimes you just need to shake things up and bring back some of the stuff back into play.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

G400 SFT for me was solid. Very consistent on distance but in all the time I had it I didn't hit as many "wow" shots as I did with the Fusion in my last 2 range sessions alone. Seems the G400 does what is promises without disappointment. Worth a try. If you consistently make contact lower on the face like me you might get better performance from the fusion.

Early returns are in and I'd echo all the positive comments thus far on this thread. I got mine with the Diamana M+ 60 shaft which I find just dreadful, but the head is outstanding. G400 is going on ebay tonight. For half the cost I've got at least as forgiving and lower spinning (based solely on my observation of ball flight). Set at 9* I'm still launching incredibly high on anything above the equator line but my low toe strikes have a beautiful piercing flight.

I find the shaft responds unpredictably to anything but the smoothest load and I've felt some strange contact at impact. A few hump-backs and some strange shots that I can't tell if I've toe'd it or shanked it. Overall the setup is bit too light and lacks feel but with the right shaft pairing this might just be the club for me.

I've ordered an Epic pull Fuji pro 62 green to try out on a whim. It was a good price and had the adapter already in place so why not. Never been fit, or had my SS reliably measured but I feel most comfortable in a R+/S- shaft. Diamana feels like a stiff mid section with a regular toe. Hoping the Fuji pro 62 green fits the bill. The internet also has me wondering about the HZRDUS yellow. Would love to bring the launch down and loft up to 10.

I've posted earlier in the thread but you sound like you're right where I was, just a year later.

The Diamana Red was never the shaft for me but I tried it, got very good results and bought it, a bit on impulse, before a big trip. Used it for 6 months with pretty good results but as you, hit it a bit too high and I'm sure it was spinning more than necessary.

So when I got back I went looking for a new shaft. Tried the Cobra F7+ with a 6.5 (numerically too stiff for me but) Hzrdus Black and got excellent results. Also liked the G400 a lot with the stock Alta.

Decided to do things "incrementally" so first step was to get a Hzrdus Black (6.0 though LOL). Did that about 6 months ago. There's been NO "next step".

Tried it on +1 and thought I was hitting it a little too high. Put it back on 9* and I think I'm hitting it a bit too low so I'll probably go back up 1 soon. :wacko:

I have this sort of mental "thing" about "counter balanced" so I probably wouldn't do Hzrdus Yellow but if you like the feel of it by all means give it a shot. I managed to find my Black on the 'bay", handcrafted no less, for about $125.

Bon chance.

Titleist Pro V1X

I've posted earlier in the thread but you sound like you're right where I was, just a year later.

The Diamana Red was never the shaft for me but I tried it, got very good results and bought it, a bit on impulse, before a big trip. Used it for 6 months with pretty good results but as you, hit it a bit too high and I'm sure it was spinning more than necessary.

So when I got back I went looking for a new shaft. Tried the Cobra F7+ with a 6.5 (numerically too stiff for me but) Hzrdus Black and got excellent results. Also liked the G400 a lot with the stock Alta.

Decided to do things "incrementally" so first step was to get a Hzrdus Black (6.0 though LOL). Did that about 6 months ago. There's been NO "next step".

Tried it on +1 and thought I was hitting it a little too high. Put it back on 9* and I think I'm hitting it a bit too low so I'll probably go back up 1 soon. :wacko:

I have this sort of mental "thing" about "counter balanced" so I probably wouldn't do Hzrdus Yellow but if you like the feel of it by all means give it a shot. I managed to find my Black on the 'bay", handcrafted no less, for about $125.

Bon chance.

Thanks for the input. I ordered a hrzdus T800 55 6.0 off the bay last night and I'll try that up against the Fuji pro 62. You mentioned counter-balanced shafts, and while I don't fully understand how to convert that into feel, I never did love the stock Alta Ping shafts and those were counter-balanced as well. Made the entire club feel like a single unit. I prefer to feel the weight of the head as I pull and release through impact.

I've never tried a driver that I couldn't hit to the moon with a stated loft 9* or higher. I've never tried a "premium" aftermarket shaft either. High hopes that a better shaft will allow me to loft up a bit.

I'm still interested in the King Ltd which should arrive tomorrow. Its got the stock Aldila Rogue shaft which I have used and liked in the past. I've hit the King Ltd a couple times before and it was REALLY long for me. No idea if it will be anywhere near as forgiving as the Fusion or G400. But if it's forgiveness is reasonable I may keep it and the Fusion, and use the Ltd on those days when I'm swinging really well.

Bon chance.

Thanks for the input. I ordered a hrzdus T800 55 6.0 off the bay last night and I'll try that up against the Fuji pro 62. You mentioned counter-balanced shafts, and while I don't fully understand how to convert that into feel, I never did love the stock Alta Ping shafts and those were counter-balanced as well. Made the entire club feel like a single unit. I prefer to feel the weight of the head as I pull and release through impact.

I've never tried a driver that I couldn't hit to the moon with a stated loft 9* or higher. I've never tried a "premium" aftermarket shaft either. High hopes that a better shaft will allow me to loft up a bit.

I'm still interested in the King Ltd which should arrive tomorrow. Its got the stock Aldila Rogue shaft which I have used and liked in the past. I've hit the King Ltd a couple times before and it was REALLY long for me. No idea if it will be anywhere near as forgiving as the Fusion or G400. But if it's forgiveness is reasonable I may keep it and the Fusion, and use the Ltd on those days when I'm swinging really well.

I'd also try the Hzrdus Black (or Yellow). Both work very well for me with the Fusion. Black is a bit lower launch, Yellow a bit lower spin.

The T800 didn't work for me at all.

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

I'd also try the Hzrdus Black (or Yellow). Both work very well for me with the Fusion. Black is a bit lower launch, Yellow a bit lower spin.

The T800 didn't work for me at all.

How would you compare the t800 to the Diamana (if there is a comparison to be made). Mind me asking what about it didn't work? HZRDUS Black and Yellow are on the radar. Hoping one of these Callaway stock options work first. Also have a made for Aldila Rogue Black that I might as well try as well...

I have a HC HZRDUS yellow 6.0 in my fusion....it's a fabulous combo. Love it. I just over cook it left every now & then. But that's the Indian.

As far a counter balanced shafts, comparing the Alta to a HC HZRDUS YELLOW...no, just don't do that. Definitely NOT the same. I've also a Veylix Roughneck. Fabulous combo too. I'm going to do some testing with Length, swingweight, etc. Also have a rip alpha & matrix reign black I want to try in it.

I hit the Rogue today with stock evenflo & synergy shafts. Ugh....hated the evenflow. Very weak for "stiff" although the head wasn't bad. I like it better than the Epic, but it certainly isn't a MUST have club. I'd like to try out my HC HZRDUS YELLOW in it.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Bon chance.

Guess it's too late now but the Hzrdus T800 will probably be a lot like the Diamana Red.

While its paint scheme is pretty much the same (identical ?) as the T1100 which is, by all accounts, a tremendous shaft (as well as very expensive), the T800 is an ordinary run of the mill shaft.

Also nothing like the Black or the Yellow. But who knows ?

Titleist Pro V1X