Have the option to get a great deal on M1 440 from friend, which loft?

JinxyJ08 ·  
JinxyJ08JinxyJ08  2040WRX Points: 123Members Posts: 2,040 Platinum Tees
Long story short, friend has the new driver bug so he is willing to sell me his 2017 M1 440 with Rogue Silver for a solid deal (he has played it like 3 times so almost new.) I have been looking to drop a bit of loft from my i20 as it is a 10.5* and it is a little higher and more rainbow flight than what I want. So just looking to see if the 10.5* M1 440 is a lower launch than most other 10.5* or if I should pass on it and grab a 9.5*? I need to know by today which is why I don't go do a huge demo session. (he got his bonus today so if I don't buy hes trading in.)

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• BookerBooker  798WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 798 Golden Tee
    Yes it does launch and spin low. Remember those ping heads have more actual loft than the stated 10.5. My I 25 10.5 had actually 12 degrees. At least with the m series you can loft it down, it will open the face up though. Go try one at a local place first and see what the launch is like for you. It is one of the lowest spin heads around.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • seslwr1seslwr1  114WRX Points: 22Members Posts: 114 Bunkers
    One thing to keep in mind is what hosel setting you use and what effective loft it creates. In my M1, I play it in the “higher” setting which creates an effective loft of +2*. As a result, I chose the 9.5* in order to keep the ball flight optimal. My angle of attack is also +3* or higher.

If you’re someone who plays an open or square club face, the 10.5* might work for you. Also, the Rogue Silver is advertised as a low launch shaft so it should keep the ball down some.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TourEdge Exotics CBX 15* 3-Wood w/ HRZDUS Yellow 75 6.0[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75h Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged w/ Project X LZ Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 54*, & 58*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron X7[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.