Build $300 set for beginner

2»

Comments

• WestCoastSeminoleWestCoastSeminole Aspiring "Cocktail Tour" Player Members Posts: 162 ✭✭
    Best places to try in my opinion are Craigslist and eBay. You can normally find some really find some good steals on Craigslist.

If I was going to build a $300 bag for a true beginner, here's what I'd do: (all regular flex shafts, prices from the PGA Value Guide with a couple of bucks added on to each item)

Driver: TaylorMade R7 CGB Max 13* ($40)

5 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Draw ($15)

7 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Draw ($15)

4 Hybrid: Adams A7 OS ($15)

5 Hybrid: Adams A7 OS ($15)

6-UW: PING G10 w/ stock graphite shafts ($120)

56* Wedge: Cleveland G12 ($25)

60* Wedge: Cleveland G12 ($25)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball ($30)

$40 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 15 + 120 + 25 + 25 + 30 = $300

That's about as techy and super-game improvement a set of clubs as I can think of within that budget. As it pertains to a golf bag, a lot of times (having worked at five different golf courses in my life, the following is the case at all five), public courses and country clubs will have old, used, dusty golf bags (i.e. 20 year old PING or Titleist) way in the back of their storage closets that people left there and aren't serving a purpose besides taking up space. With any luck, they'll give one to you, especially if they know it's for a good cause. Best of luck!
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* Even Flow Blue 6.5
    Nike VR Pro Ltd. 15* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Titleist 816 H2 19* Fuji Speeder 8.8 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* KBS C-Taper 120 S
    Srixon 765 4-5 965 6-9 KBS C-Taper 120 S
    Cleveland RTX3 Tour Raw 46* 52* 58*
    custom Scotty Cameron Studio Select Laguna 1.5
    2018 Titleist ProV1
  • TheShaunTheShaun Members Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Skeeter wrote:

I want to thank the generous and thoughtful people who sent me equipment for my team. Thanks to some fine folks that I've never met, I will be able to introduce this great game that I love to students who would never have had the opportunity based on their economic situation.

Words really can't express how overwhelmed I was by the offers of clubs to a stranger. Thanks again!

love this place. some really great folks here.
2»