Another wedge question...

pak ·  
pakpak  186WRX Points: 108Members Posts: 186 Fairways
I’m trying to round out my set with new Glide wedges. Going off a 46 degree PW. Should I go with a 50 or 52 degree GW and 56 degree SW, or something else? I only want to add 2 wedges and wanted thoughts on what works best for others.
Posted:

Comments

• LightBearerLightBearer  155WRX Points: 35Members Posts: 155 Bunkers
    52/58 would be my route with a 46 pitching wedge. You could do 50/56, 50/58 as well
    Posted:
    Clubs gripped with Pure DTX Midsize

Long Clubs: Wilson Staff D100, 10.5* loft, Srixon Z 355 15* Fairway, Srixon Z H65 2H, 16*
    Middle Clubs: Cobra Baffler XL Irons 5-PW Lite Flex
    Short Clubs: Cobra S3 Max Gap Wedge 49*, Nike Engage Toe Sweep 54*
    :D
    Ball: Snell MTB (Primary), Srixon Q Star (Secondary)
    Seemore FGP Bronze Putter, Left-Handed, 35.5"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pakpak  186WRX Points: 108Members Posts: 186 Fairways
    The 52/58 route sounds like a good compromise. Thanks
    Posted:
  • taylormade4lifetaylormade4life  1395WRX Points: 166Handicap: 4Members Posts: 1,395 Platinum Tees
    I play a 47* Pw and went to 52/58. I liked it for a while but I am debating going to a 54/60 as it would give me more flexibility around the greens. You have to feel pretty comfortable when you hit 52* flops off tight lies.

If you would use the 52* as more of a full shot gap wedge and chips it's not bad, but I found the 54* is a little more versatile and only lost a few yards in the gap.

PW 120

54 100

60 80
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.