'16 M2 3 wood works well.. want to get a 16 driver. which shaft?

I know i should get fit but its not that easy with 2016 model clubs. ive demoed the 2016 m2 driver a couple times in the stock shafts and really liked it but not for 4-500$ i wanted to wait until i could afford it. last summer picked up a demo 2016 m2 3 wood with an aldila rogue sillver shaft in it that i was absolutely bombing on the simulator at roger dunn so i bought it. i normally hit a stiff shaft in my clubs (driver ss around 105-110) but i didnt realize til i took it to the range that it was an xstiff shaft. it still worked really well so ive kept it. almost as long as my driver and pretty straight. great ball flight and the clubhead shaft weight i really like. I finally want to pull the trigger on the m2 driver and wanted to know if i should get a stiff or xstiff shaft? should i stick with the aldila rogue silver if that works in my 3wood? currently gaming a bio cell with a stock stiff shaft. ill probably order on ebay

Comments

• manima1manima1 Members Posts: 688 ✭✭

I know i should get fit but its not that easy with 2016 model clubs. ive demoed the 2016 m2 driver a couple times in the stock shafts and really liked it but not for 4-500$ i wanted to wait until i could afford it. last summer picked up a demo 2016 m2 3 wood with an aldila rogue sillver shaft in it that i was absolutely bombing on the simulator at roger dunn so i bought it. i normally hit a stiff shaft in my clubs (driver ss around 105-110) but i didnt realize til i took it to the range that it was an xstiff shaft. it still worked really well so ive kept it. almost as long as my driver and pretty straight. great ball flight and the clubhead shaft weight i really like. I finally want to pull the trigger on the m2 driver and wanted to know if i should get a stiff or xstiff shaft? should i stick with the aldila rogue silver if that works in my 3wood? currently gaming a bio cell with a stock stiff shaft. ill probably order on ebay

Stick with the rogue silver if you like it in the 3 wood. At 110 you should easily be able to hit the x stiff, but it's all about what feels good to you.
    M5 9.0 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx tipped 1"
    '16 M2HL 16.8 tour issued deep faced - Fujikura 8.3 TS
    zU45 18 degree - S400
    z745 4-9 - S400
    SM6 46.08F - S400 Chrome
    SM6 50.08F - S400 Steel Gray
    SM7 54.10S - S400 Raw
    SM5 60.08M - Wedge Flex Raw Black
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line