Ping G LS Tec vs 2016 M1

9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 641 ✭✭
Has anyone switched from one to the other? How do they compare?

Comments

• starrman77starrman77 Starrman Posts: 404 ✭✭
    edited Feb 23, 2018 #2
    Ping G SFT 10* 44.5"
    Ping i3OS Irons 3 thru UW
    Cobra Speed LD 15* 3 Wood
    Taylormade Rescue 19* Hybrid
    Titleist Vokey 56* SW
    Ping Cadence Tomcat C putter 34-3/4"
    B330RX Ball
  • 9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 641 ✭✭
    starrman77 wrote:

[url="

Ya saw those and read a few other threads, jsut wanted some info from anyone who made the switch to the tour and why.
  • JCULLJCULL Posts: 283
    I made this exact switch at the end of last year. First of all the ping G sounds horrible. But I’ve never got a driver as long as I hit the g lstec when I centred it.

M1 once you dial it in is just as long but more forgiving and sounds way better! Looks much better too.

I’m a ping guy always have been but 2016 M1 is as good as you can get IMO. First Taylormade club I’ve ever owned
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]2016 Taylormade M1 Purple Oban / Srixon 565 (in and out)
    TEE EX10 4 wood
    Srixon H65 Hybrid
    Srixon U65 3,4 Irons
    Srixon 565 Irons
    Ping Glide Stealth wedges 50,54,58
    Evnroll ER2
    [/font]
    JCULL wrote:

I made this exact switch at the end of last year. First of all the ping G sounds horrible. But I’ve never got a driver as long as I hit the g lstec when I centred it.

M1 once you dial it in is just as long but more forgiving and sounds way better! Looks much better too.

I’m a ping guy always have been but 2016 M1 is as good as you can get IMO. First Taylormade club I’ve ever owned

You found the m1 more forgiving? Most ppl seem to think the ping is.
  • JCULLJCULL Posts: 283
    Ping G maybe. Lstec isn’t imo. No doubt there’s worse but m1 seems much better. I hated Taylormade until I played a round with this M1. Not saying it’s the greatest driver ever but it really works for me. I have the weight ahead of the neutral position and I just love it!

Also that Alta shaft in the G series is terrible. Sounds awful too haha.
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]2016 Taylormade M1 Purple Oban / Srixon 565 (in and out)
    TEE EX10 4 wood
    Srixon H65 Hybrid
    Srixon U65 3,4 Irons
    Srixon 565 Irons
    Ping Glide Stealth wedges 50,54,58
    Evnroll ER2
    [/font]
  • wiess14wiess14 Sioux Falls, SDPosts: 55 ✭✭
    Made this switch fall of 2016 from G LST to the 2016 M1 and haven’t looked back. I also played the regular G that year. No comparison for me personally...more distance over the LST and also more forgiveness with the M1 over the regular G (in my experiences). I really wanted to like the Ping drivers and didn’t want the M1 to begin with, if that is any handicap of my experience.

You’ll find crumbs of information on here but only way to find out is to try things out yourself on the golf course. Good luck.
    JCULL wrote:

Ping G maybe. Lstec isn’t imo. No doubt there’s worse but m1 seems much better. I hated Taylormade until I played a round with this M1. Not saying it’s the greatest driver ever but it really works for me. I have the weight ahead of the neutral position and I just love it!

Also that Alta shaft in the G series is terrible. Sounds awful too haha.

What shaft are you using? What’s your ss?