Sure are a lot of M3 and M4 going up for resale

RodrigoNicely

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought before the season started the M3 And M4 would not go over well this year.

Good stuff, Nostradamus.

Lol'd hard at Nostradamus.

The last two years were so good each year I've hoped they would just move even to an 18 month cycle.

Then out of nowhere M3/4 so next year it'll be onto a new line completely. It's such a waste to be honest.

Not worth the money. Performance isn't going to better either.

Happens every year. Look back over the years and you’ll see similar threads pertaining to the epic, m1, Ltd, etc. Lots of guys buy the latest and greatest because they can’t resist the urge, then bail as soon as possible while the market is still highest.

not really.....I have 90 days credit so get my $500 back either way.....and it was bought with credit so......its just a revolving door, lol

Until the COR changes they're stuck.....weight has been moved low high front and back.....really don't have anywhere to go....every improvement is gonna be very minor

Take back M3 tom....

I don’t think the M3/4 drivers are meant to be longer than their predecessors. I think the idea was to provide just as much length as before but with improved dispersion via twist face. It seems that the guys who went on the Kingdom trip felt that the twist face worked. Obviously everyone has a different swing so results are not always the same.

Also, I agree with whoever said that using the same shaft from head to head isn’t the best way to get better numbers. You see a lot of guys getting fit and the shafts change because the heads are different whether it’s weight, slightly different shape or depth to the head, moving the adjustable weight around, etc. If your fit for your gamer and it’s the best fit for you possible in that head then shouldn’t you get fit the same way for another driver before doing a comparison? Also I take more stock in on course review than just LM data. Just my opinion.

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t start your fitting using a shaft you are familiar with. If you play a Pro Blue 60 and trust the shaft’s performance, doesn’t that help take a variable out of the fitting equation. Then you go about fitting the club head to the shaft by adjusting loft, weight positions and face angle.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Too early in the season for such determinations.

Much of the country is either frozen, thawing out or sloppy wet. The product was officially released barely a week ago and real demo days dont start until late April in my area. The Masters is still 6-7 weeks away. At this point I can only hope to get a few rounds in March/April but golf season really doesn’t start until May.

I’ve got an M4 9.5* professionally fit from the Kingdom. I admit I’ve only had it on the course once. That was the day after I was fit for it way back in January. At the time of my fitting I also hadn’t swung a club since Nov (Black Friday). That stated, I now have had a few range sessions with it and I am getting positive results. Only time will tell if it holds up on the course but I’m expecting good things.

My only suggestion is to give it ago. I actually got more ball speed over my gamer. My gamer was a GBB Fusion which I hit farther/straighter on average than any other driver I had ever played once I figured out how to control my newly found in 2017 hook.

Lastly, my range sessions tell me that TwistFace will benefit me. Only time will tell if it holds up.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I thought before the season started the M3 And M4 would not go over well this year. Hitting them early on in the simulator they did not feel good at all. Seeing a lot pop up on the bst right off the bat. Might be the end of Taylormade run

Hold on there Bucko. Your perception is not reality. If I told you that the epic last year set a new record for most drivers returned after purchase with that surprise you? There is a certain percentage of even a good product that are returned. Both good and bad reasons. But most returned driver EVER! And that was a successful year for the Epic line.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the M3/M4 drivers. It really comes down to personal preference and fitting. I'm sure this was the case with the epic last year, if you don't get the right combination you're not going to see results. I remember back when the SLDR was released tons of those were returned before people realize that you needed to go up in loft.

In today's market, nobody makes a bad driver. They all perform very well and it really does come down to personal preference. Be happy with what you like and don't pi$$ on anybody else

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

I thought before the season started the M3 And M4 would not go over well this year. Hitting them early on in the simulator they did not feel good at all. Seeing a lot pop up on the bst right off the bat. Might be the end of Taylormade run

Hold on there Bucko. Your perception is not reality. If I told you that the epic last year set a new record for most drivers returned after purchase with that surprise you? There is a certain percentage of even a good product that are returned. Both good and bad reasons. But most returned driver EVER! And that was a successful year for the Epic line.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the M3/M4 drivers. It really comes down to personal preference and fitting. I’m sure this was the case with the epic last year, if you don’t get the right combination you’re not going to see results. I remember back when the SLDR was released tons of those were returned before people realize that you needed to go up in loft.

In today’s market, nobody makes a bad driver. They are perform very well and it really does come down to personal preference. Be happy with what you like and don’t pi$$ on anybody else

Settle down sugar t****. I was simply making a statement after seeing ten drivers pop up and sell on the bst in the lefty and normal section. Time will tell for sure I was simply speculating this will not be one of Taylormades better drivers. Companies do turn out duds. Jetspeed ring a bell by chance!?! Are you a Taylormade guy perhaps!?!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the M3/M4 drivers. It really comes down to personal preference and fitting. I'm sure this was the case with the epic last year, if you don't get the right combination you're not going to see results. I remember back when the SLDR was released tons of those were returned before people realize that you needed to go up in loft.

In today's market, nobody makes a bad driver. They are perform very well and it really does come down to personal preference. Be happy with what you like and don't pi$$ on anybody else

Settle down sugar t****. I was simply making a statement after seeing ten drivers pop up and sell on the bst in the lefty and normal section. Time will tell for sure I was simply speculating this will not be one of Taylormades better drivers. Companies do turn out duds. Jetspeed ring a bell by chance!?! Are you a Taylormade guy perhaps!?!

And it's fairly obvious that you're not. I'm just stating that your perceptions are not facts and are not shared by everyone. And 10 drivers in the Buy sell trade does not make a dud. If that was the case Epic would be a dud.

I will "speculate" that Rogue will not be as popular as Epic. Like you I am just making stuff up.

And don't call me sugar t*** :butcher:

In today's market, nobody makes a bad driver. They are perform very well and it really does come down to personal preference. Be happy with what you like and don't pi$$ on anybody else

And it's fairly obvious that you're not. I'm just stating that your perceptions are not facts and are not shared by everyone. And 10 drivers in the Buy sell trade does not make a dud. If that was the case Epic would be a dud.

I will "speculate" that Rogue will not be as popular as Epic. Like you I am just making stuff up.

I actually have a tour issue m2 fairway in my bag right now. It’s one of my favorite clubs of all time. Do you work for Taylormade or something because you seem awfully sensitive. In regards to Epic. We saw two to one Taylormades traded in last year compared to Epic, so you’re right, I guess it just depends on how you spin it.

The more product that's sold new, the more you'll ultimately see being be traded, returned, and re-sold. It's not really a tough concept to grasp...mostly sheer numbers.

I think the new M3 & M4 drivers are excellent and will be enjoyed by lots of players.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Another "reviewer" trying the club on a cage when by definition the club wants you to see flight outside.

And of course, another thread (there is one for every big manufacturer launch every year) about how too many are sold on BST. Of course, OP is new here and doesn't understand how many members receive promos from manufacturers that are sold. Or how many, open an account with a manufacturer that require minimum x numbers of items to be sold and they dump them here, even to a loss in order to jump that hurdle. I know because close friends had that happening when they opened accounts with TM and Puma Cobra.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

I actually have a tour issue m2 fairway in my bag right now. It's one of my favorite clubs of all time. Do you work for Taylormade or something because you seem awfully sensitive. In regards to Epic. We saw two to one Taylormades traded in last year compared to Epic, so you're right, I guess it just depends on how you spin it.

No, I do not work for TM. I have been accused of being on staff with Toulon Design, though.

More on my thoughts can be found here. Starts at about the 30 minute mark.

http://www.golfwrx.com/495570/tg2-if-you-could-only-play-one-brand-what-would-it-be-part-2/

I think he's already heard to the podcast Ed. That or he's just good.

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

I thought they are both improved in the looks and feel department. Unfortunately ball speed is slow compared to the Callaway products.

I just finished a fitting and I started with the Rogue, but the feel and numbers didn't match the M3 for me. If you get properly fit, then there is no guess work. I've had the HO in me just order the newest and greatest only to find out it didn't perform any better than what I had. I'm a TM fan when it comes to words...

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

M3 and m4 suck. Period. Stop candy coating them. Taylormade is cooked hence why no country clubs stock them. They made theyre bed they can sleep in it. Theyre like a curse. Rory and tiger both under it. They cant win.

I’m not sure if you’re just trolling or being serious. 1) how many country clubs have you been to and done a check on their inventory? Have you called around the country to see what they’re stocking? 2) Tiger is playing in his 3rd real tournament since coming back from a 2 year injury plagued hiatus. He hit the longest drive of the tournament on Friday at 370? What kind of miracle are you expecting out of him. Rory wasn’t winning much with Nike the last couple of years. His driving isn’t the problem. Look at his strokes gained putting. He’s getting worse every year. I think he’s 129th this year? Dustin seems to be doing OK. Jason Day won this year. Most tour players who aren’t under contract to play an OEMs driver usually choose TM with Calloway next. But I guess you must be right based on what your country club is carrying.

My country club stocks all taylormade. I also really liked the 2016 m2s that I own. Sure I may be on a different level as some others here but we have several scratch golfers hitting the M1s and sold several sets with the most recent TM demo days so as a person who doesn’t religiously watch or follow golf I can say people still really enjoy their clubs

Too early in the season for such determinations.

Much of the country is either frozen, thawing out or sloppy wet. The product was officially released barely a week ago and real demo days dont start until late April in my area. The Masters is still 6-7 weeks away. At this point I can only hope to get a few rounds in March/April but golf season really doesn’t start until May.

I’ve got an M4 9.5* professionally fit from the Kingdom. I admit I’ve only had it on the course once. That was the day after I was fit for it way back in January. At the time of my fitting I also hadn’t swung a club since Nov (Black Friday). That stated, I now have had a few range sessions with it and I am getting positive results. Only time will tell if it holds up on the course but I’m expecting good things.

My only suggestion is to give it ago. I actually got more ball speed over my gamer. My gamer was a GBB Fusion which I hit farther/straighter on average than any other driver I had ever played once I figured out how to control my newly found in 2017 hook.

Lastly, my range sessions tell me that TwistFace will benefit me. Only time will tell if it holds up.

not in so cal.....bit chilly lately but played 4 out of last 5 days......i always take drivers on course...not a tour pro and monitor or range swings don't equate to my golf game....luckily we play all year here

I'm never surprised to see new driver purchases go bye-bye very fast on GolfWRX!... :stink:

After all, GolfWRX is full of ho's, as well as pimps!... :pimp:

Not every Driver can....

Seems some don't even make it past a few weeks... :taunt:

However, I still love my 2015 all-titanium Taylormade Driver!... :wub:

:golfer:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

I'm not surprised!,,, :stink:

:golfer:

About as surprising as 4 sets of PXG irons in just pinned section...guess all buying gen2’s;)

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1