***ATTENTION!!! PRICING OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS - ZERO TOLERANCE***

ALL BST USERS:

We have had a rash of recent problems involving users making comments about pricing or product in BST ad threads. This is becoming so prevalent that we have no choice but begin handing out automatic 14-day suspensions if this continues.

DO NOT COMMENT IN BST THREADS ABOUT PRICING.

We do not want to have to close BST ads for comments like the WTB ads. But please refrain from making comments in BST threads unless it is a specific question about the product or to alert the Seller that you have sent them a PM. All other comments, particularly negative comments, will result in a suspension of posting privileges.

Taylormade Qi10 9*, GD AD-VF 6X
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade P790 4i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No comments at all ?? Even about the gear and/or seller in a positive light ?

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

Comment at your own risk. If we get a Report from a seller that a comment is negative or affecting their ad we will begin taking more stringent action. There's a lot of backhanded "compliments" going around these days that we are having to deal with and we're not going to have debates about intent.

I think the point is you cannot comment about the listing price itself. I would hope this also goes both ways... you should not be able to comment about whether you think the price is a good price or a bad price.

I'm pretty sure you can still indicate that you did a transaction with the seller and it was positive, but SheriffBooth can probably confirm or refute this. (Apparently he already has while I was still typing this up! Answer: Comment at your own risk!)

I think it's much better for potential buyers to simply check the sellers feedback scores and comments associated with feedback. It makes much more sense to encourage this to me.

GolfWRX is a friendly place, with friendly Members and friendly Mods :) . When the Mods have to deal with BST comments it makes them less friendly, and they've been having to deal with it quite a bit in the last few weeks so they are now feeling particularly crabby.

This makes sense, I guess I just really liked looking through BST and reading the comments. Every now and then a doucheb@g would say doucheb@g things, but we all hated that person together. Sad to see it go is all

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?

When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?

I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.

The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.

Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?

When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?

I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.

I 1,000% agree with this.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

I definitley agree with this...it should be zero tolerance, seller has a right to set their price and buyers have a choice to buy it or PM and the seller and make an offer.

My personal favorite though is "man, I would totally take those irons if they had Dynamic Gold X7's"...lol. It only happens once in a blue moon, but it's good stuff.

I will follow rules out of respect for authority, and the fact it’s a great site but Idon’t like seeing non tour issued stuff that says it may be tour issue not sure then priced like tour issue. I personally wouldn’t buy it but don’t want to see guys getting ripped off. This site isn’t about making money. Or seeing some stock made for shaft being sold for 200.00 when it’s worth 60.00. People doing that should go to ebay. I don’t have a problem for people being held accountable for ripping others off. I get it though, there has to be rules and it’s a very small amount of people with outrageous prices

GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....

Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"

Yes, its mostly this.

As far as leaving a final sales price in goes, unfortunately it becomes virtually impossible for us to mandate that people leave prices in their ads after the fact. To be honest, one of the reasons is that often the posted price is not necessarily the final sales price anyway. So its just not something we are going to worry about. My personal approach is to use ebay sold listings as my benchmark.

Sorry guys but trying to keep this to topic of no comments on pricing.

TBD testing underway QI10 LS Stealth2

TM BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s
PXG Gen6 XP 6-P / Steelfiber 110s
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom - LA GOLF 135 // ZStar XV / Left Dash

What if the agreed upon price isn't what's advertised in the listing? Should the seller have to go in and edit what it sold for?

I for one as a seller would not go out of my way to do that....fair market value can easily be searched.

I totally agree with the mod's position on no price comments, but I think I will go a step farther.. a main reason why not to post negative price comments is to not hinder someones chances to sell an item.. which I think in the long run is what the mods are trying to curb.

Sometimes that subtle "are these the same ones that Golf Galaxy had on sale last week.." comment is an underhanded attempt to tank the sellers listing.. which again, even though it's not directly a comment on price, it is doing damage to ones ability to sell said item.

GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....

Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"

Yes, its mostly this.

As far as leaving a final sales price in goes, unfortunately it becomes virtually impossible for us to mandate that people leave prices in their ads after the fact. To be honest, one of the reasons is that often the posted price is not necessarily the final sales price anyway. So its just not something we are going to worry about. My personal approach is to use ebay sold listings as my benchmark.

Sorry guys but trying to keep this to topic of no comments on pricing.

It also doesn't hurt to message those users who have posted a similar item that has sold recently. I have done this on numerous occasions, and have never received anything other positive feedback and pricing from fellow users.

I don't know about you guys but I have a hard enough time selling stuff (quickly) with good prices. I usually have to put a significant discount on it to be able to move it within 2-3 days.

So when guys post ads with MSRP prices for 3 year old clubs I just roll my eyes because I know that it will never sell. Let them find out on their own.

However I am totally guilty of commenting when something is a crazy good deal, I do it in an effort to help the seller, but I will stop since I ain't trying to be suspended for 2 weeks... (what would I do at work?)

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
UW 17* Smoke 70s

Fli-Hi 19* Smoke 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

Being a moderator is usually a lot of work, and it’s usually just solving problems or dealing with complaints. I have moderated a smaller site in the past, so I can appreciate somewhat what the mods here have to do. Thank you for your work, this is an amazingly clean and low drama site.

I understand the rule about commenting on price, and agree 100%. I also read “comment at your own risk” and I understood the that we are not going to have debates about intent too. There is a lot of grey here. It’s difficult to determine intent by reading the written word....it’s almost impossible.

I do think some further clarification might be warranted here. Or just ban all comments not directly related to buying an item or asking for more details. “Pm sent” “I’ll take the wedge” “Could you show some pics of the face”

I think some further clarification might help well intending members from receiving an unnecessary ban.? Thank you for your consideration.

Buyer beware is something you should learn when you're about 10. If someone gets ripped off on here they kind of have it coming - and maybe they'll learn a long overdue lesson. If someone is trying to make a buck by overpricing on this site they've got the wrong idea anyway.

TSR3 10* | Hzrdus Black Gen4 60TX 

Titleist TS3 3w | Diamana DF 70TX

Ping i525 3 iron | DG 120 X100 

Callaway Apex MB '18 5-Pw | DG X100 

Vokey SM8 52F, SM9 56F, SM7 60L | DG S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow

I understand the rule, but is there an explanation as to why the rule originally came about? Were pricing comments driving away sponsors or participating members? I'm not being contrary, I just honestly wonder why the rule exists.

I feel like, generally, if people know the reasoning behind certain regulations, it helps people observe those regulations—which appears to be the ultimate goal of the mods here with this rule about pricing comments.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.

My favorite is 'priced to sell' haha.

There should also be clarification of the word 'mint' and 'x out of 10'.

TM '17 M1 440 9.5° Diamana Tensei White 70TX
TM '17 M1 15° Rombax P95x
TM '17 M1 18° Accra Tour Zx 4100
Callaway Apex '19 20° Hybrid HZRDUS Black 105x
Callaway RAZR X Forged 5-6, MB 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130 X
SM7 Jet Black 52F, TVD 56K, SM6 Jet Black 60K DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S Flat Cat Tak Svelte

It’s because of the Cameron club/ksigs/Jordans that I assume this is being brought up.

Another solution is to add these items to the “no shoe dump  type list no? Besides volume of ads at the time what is different here? I don’t agree with the negative comments usually but arent we choosing to protect things that are clearly getting the focus of the negativity? The community seems to dislike the sale of these items for profit when we as enthusiasts clearly know what they just purchased them for and I don€™t see how these sales are helping the game of Golf nor the site itself.

What type of sales and ads are we promoting?

What if the agreed upon price isn't what's advertised in the listing? Should the seller have to go in and edit what it sold for?

I for one as a seller would not go out of my way to do that....fair market value can easily be searched.

I would and I have. I’m not suggesting you have to do anything. The Rules are not clear to me so I asked a Mod for clarification and he answered.

Of course the mods are the final say but I don't like to leave my price up after an items sells. Here's why: I tend to sell a lot of things at prices I know are "too low" because I like to flip things and buy other things - its a hobby where I am not usually trying to even break even and I KNOW I am asking a stupid low price. Not every sale, but a lot of times.

If I leave my price up, it could hurt other sales that are priced reasonably but look high because of my artificially low asking prices. Fair market value is whatever someone is willing to pay for an item, or the price you are willing to sell an item.

Now, what I would like to see it pictures staying up until an item is actually delivered and the buyer leaves feedback. I have had instances where I questioned an item's condition but the pictures were gone even before the item shipped.

Just my humble opinion...

I understand the rule, but is there an explanation as to why the rule originally came about? Were pricing comments driving away sponsors or participating members? I'm not being contrary, I just honestly wonder why the rule exists.

I feel like, generally, if people know the reasoning behind certain regulations, it helps people observe those regulations—which appears to be the ultimate goal of the mods here with this rule about pricing comments.

I assume because a person who has no intention of entering a transaction with the seller mucks up someone's BST because they can. The only people who have to decide if the price is fair are the buyer and seller, not some hit and run poster. It has been the rule ever since I've been here, and that's a pretty long time, so it isn't a new rule. :-)

I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.

I’m not one being called out here either but since we’re having an open discussion to improve this great site that I, like most of us, use every day, I wanted chime in. I’ve liked a few comments up to this point on how I feel about the topic and my views on the subject generally.

Completely agree that there shouldn’t be those random trolls commenting on overpriced items. Also agree that this is not really a site to make money off of. It’s more so a way to mitigate losses and pass on good equipment to others that want to experience some newer stuff at a good price. If you want to make make money, you should auction on eBay and wait 7 days.

However, I think a comparison can be made about the overpriced comments and comments about fake gear, i.e. fake Camerons or non tour issue stuff being sold as your issue, especially when it comes to protecting bst members. I see overpriced stuff all the time, and don’t say a word; free market capitalism right? But, I think there should be some debate as to why/how comments about overpricing helps the site as well.

Personally, I use pgavalueguide.com which supposedly is based on eBay sales, and the majority of items on this site sell below the average price listed. Bottomline, the integrity of this site and the members make it what it is. I support whatever is proposed to further that effort.