***ATTENTION!!! PRICING OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS - ZERO TOLERANCE***

I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.

I’m not one being called out here either but since we’re having an open discussion to improve this great site that I, like most of us, use every day, I wanted chime in. I’ve liked a few comments up to this point on how I feel about the topic and my views on the subject generally.

Completely agree that there shouldn’t be those random trolls commenting on overpriced items. Also agree that this is not really a site to make money off of. It’s more so a way to mitigate losses and pass on good equipment to others that want to experience some newer stuff at a good price. If you want to make make money, you should auction on eBay and wait 7 days.

However, I think a comparison can be made about the overpriced comments and comments about fake gear, i.e. fake Camerons or non tour issue stuff being sold as your issue, especially when it comes to protecting bst members. I see overpriced stuff all the time, and don’t say a word; free market capitalism right? But, I think there should be some debate as to why/how comments about overpricing helps the site as well.

Personally, I use pgavalueguide.com which supposedly is based on eBay sales, and the majority of items on this site sell below the average price listed. Bottomline, the integrity of this site and the members make it what it is. I support whatever is proposed to further that effort.

I would think a PM to a mod if you see something you suspect of being counterfeit would get the job done as well; let them decide how to handle it. I've seen those threads go bad in a hurry with a string of back and forth yes you did, no I didn't comments. I've also seen other threads where someone is accused of selling a fake and it turns out to be legit.

I said this already but I'll say it again: it has been a rule for at least a decade and it has worked just fine for for pretty much all of that time. I'm not so sure about how to handle counterfeits, but buyer and seller decide if a price is fair; adults don't need to be protected in this regard. If you really can't decide what a fair price for an items is, don't buy it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....

Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"

Yes, its mostly this.

As far as leaving a final sales price in goes, unfortunately it becomes virtually impossible for us to mandate that people leave prices in their ads after the fact. To be honest, one of the reasons is that often the posted price is not necessarily the final sales price anyway. So its just not something we are going to worry about. My personal approach is to use ebay sold listings as my benchmark.

Sorry guys but trying to keep this to topic of no comments on pricing.

Sorry, I missed this. Please feel free to pull my comments about leaving prices. You covered it. :)

Being a moderator is usually a lot of work, and it’s usually just solving problems or dealing with complaints. I have moderated a smaller site in the past, so I can appreciate somewhat what the mods here have to do. Thank you for your work, this is an amazingly clean and low drama site.

I understand the rule about commenting on price, and agree 100%. I also read “comment at your own risk” and I understood the that we are not going to have debates about intent too. There is a lot of grey here. It’s difficult to determine intent by reading the written word....it’s almost impossible.

I do think some further clarification might be warranted here. Or just ban all comments not directly related to buying an item or asking for more details. “Pm sent” “I’ll take the wedge” “Could you show some pics of the face”

I think some further clarification might help well intending members from receiving an unnecessary ban.? Thank you for your consideration.

Instead of bothering the mods with your "further clarification might help". If after re-reading posts 1, 4, 6 & 7 there's "still a lot of grey here" to you, why don't you go in to the bst & make a comment. Then come back here & let us know how it went. If we don't hear from you for 2 weeks....... we'll all know how it went

I understand the rule, but is there an explanation as to why the rule originally came about? Were pricing comments driving away sponsors or participating members? I'm not being contrary, I just honestly wonder why the rule exists.

I feel like, generally, if people know the reasoning behind certain regulations, it helps people observe those regulations—which appears to be the ultimate goal of the mods here with this rule about pricing comments.

You're on free site that has rules and you want an explanation why the mods are enforcing it so that "it helps people observe those regulations". Wow!! Can you get em to explain why I have to pay taxes too. You should be the 1st one they send to the pit of misery. Dilly Dilly

Being a moderator is usually a lot of work, and it’s usually just solving problems or dealing with complaints. I have moderated a smaller site in the past, so I can appreciate somewhat what the mods here have to do. Thank you for your work, this is an amazingly clean and low drama site.

I understand the rule about commenting on price, and agree 100%. I also read “comment at your own risk” and I understood the that we are not going to have debates about intent too. There is a lot of grey here. It’s difficult to determine intent by reading the written word....it’s almost impossible.

I do think some further clarification might be warranted here. Or just ban all comments not directly related to buying an item or asking for more details. “Pm sent” “I’ll take the wedge” “Could you show some pics of the face”

I think some further clarification might help well intending members from receiving an unnecessary ban.? Thank you for your consideration.

Instead of bothering the mods with your "further clarification might help". If after re-reading posts 1, 4, 6 & 7 there's "still a lot of grey here" to you, why don't you go in to the bst & make a comment. Then come back here & let us know how it went. If we don't hear from you for 2 weeks....... we'll all know how it went

I can see your point. But if you read the title of the thread. And the posts within it gets confusing. I don’t think getting a clearer view of expectations should be bothering anyone, especially when it’s in the spirit of complying.

I am not one of the commenters the sheriff is talking about but to make this a fair argument the constant price flippers from Cameron club and others gets annoying. You criticize the negative comments sharply but the bst abusers run free. For a seller abusing the system, those negative comments may be the only way to protect the wrx users and integrity of a knowledgeable bst forum.

What are you referring to?

Thanks.

What are you referring to?

Thanks.

Are you wanting specific examples? I'd be happy to copy the links if you'd like but in briefing all the Jordan 3 posts this week come to mind.

Amen about time. its been getting ridiculous for a while now, cant believe all the snark and passive aggressiveness out there. Ive personally reported like 6-7 comments in my last 3 ads.

Fingers crossed this includes "great stuff GLWS!", "if only I had the funds this would be mine!", and "if only it were...I'd be all over it!" Posts

I agree so clarification would help.

Hard to really say why a person is flipping. For some it's a side business yes. For others it's a means to get the size they wanted or something came up in life and they would like to make some money back.

Still overall it creates a toxic environment. Your silly comments won't stop people form buying things at silly prices. Let it be; let it be...

Amen about time. its been getting ridiculous for a while now, cant believe all the snark and passive aggressiveness out there. Ive personally reported like 6-7 comments in my last 3 ads.

Ditto. My problem are the people that think you’re out to make a killing when you actually bought high and are just trying to get out of it. Some people say that directly in an ad but they shouldn’t have to. Your gear, your price, take it or leave it.

Thanks Mods.

GLWS doesn't seem like a rude comment....

Unless you're saying it as in "good luck with sale, it'll never sell for that price"

I don't ever recall seeing a GLWS implying that - I've only seen what read to me to be sincere 'good luck' - must have been a rash of other stuff lately...

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Your gear, your price, take it or leave it.

Thanks Mods.

Its this.

Our experience over a long, long period of time has been that the market tends to take very good quick work of bad pricing. We get hundreds of items listed per day and threads that are mispriced quickly get shuffled to the next series of pages.

If you have any other further BST comments, please post a thread in the appropriate Help forum.

Thank you.

==============

Website Help

http://www.golfwrx.c...-news-feedback/

BST Ad Questions

http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/

TBD testing underway QI10 LS Stealth2

TM BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s
PXG Gen6 XP 6-P / Steelfiber 110s
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom - LA GOLF 135 // ZStar XV / Left Dash

This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.

I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.

This is exactly why I rarely use this site anymore. You guys care more about your income from people on the BST than you do about users having an enjoyable time using your site. Letting users get blatantly ripped off on certain items like the Club Cameron bag/headcover and protecting the malicious sellers who are doing so is a bad business practice. I will continue to refrain from supporting this site any longer for this very reason.

I was awarded a point for simply stating that I enjoyed owning the Club Cameron kit that I also purchased and I posted a link to where I bought it. I didn't make any comments about the seller's price. If this had been some putter that was for sale for $100 and I posted a link to where you could buy it new for $200 nobody would have said a word. It's common. It was only because the link to the new product revealed that you could actually buy it new for cheaper that GolfWRX suddenly had a problem with it.

Income from people on the BST? Outside of pinned ads, where's the money?

It's not fair to the seller to post a link showing where it's cheaper. Even if you're doing it in a friendly way, it's not your place to do it. It makes the seller look bad -- maybe he really didn't know that it was for sale cheaper somewhere else. Or heck, maybe he does. But you know what? Some people actually don't mind paying a little bit more here sometimes. Maybe it's because they appreciate the system and the 99.99 percent reliable sellers. Maybe they don't have time to search every golf site on the interwebs. You don't know people's motivations. If you've got a beef, PM a guy.

And "blatantly ripped off" is subjective too, you know. The guy who pays a small fortune for a Cameron bag might have four cars, a mansion and PXG clubs to use as fireplace pokers. He just wants it. So that transaction ends up with a happy buyer and a happy seller, and the BST works again.

"Income from people on BST" = LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Sir, you specifically posted a link in someone else's ad where people could buy the same item the OP was selling. And tagged it with "GLWS" and the winky emoticon. You know exactly what you were doing. You knew exactly what your "point" was you were trying to make. You made a negative comment without making a negative comment. This kind of "help" is exactly what the BST does not need.

I'd like to address the Club Cameron stuff specifically. Those kits were not "$99" as the helpers keep trying to say. Just from asking around I know that most people paid $120-125 after shipping and taxes. So if they sell off a couple pieces that people want, after Paypal fees and shipping - they're maybe not even getting their money back. So lets say someone wants to pay $40 shipped for the headcover. So what, whats it to you?

If the buyer is happy and the seller is happy - thats it, end of story.

So everyone - including myself - dial it down a notch.

Like I said, the BST free market takes care of itself and overpriced items get shuffled to the back pretty quick. We dont need any help making that happen.

Thank you.

TBD testing underway QI10 LS Stealth2

TM BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s
PXG Gen6 XP 6-P / Steelfiber 110s
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom - LA GOLF 135 // ZStar XV / Left Dash

Wow you did that? Good riddance.

TSR3 10* | Hzrdus Black Gen4 60TX 

Titleist TS3 3w | Diamana DF 70TX

Ping i525 3 iron | DG 120 X100 

Callaway Apex MB '18 5-Pw | DG X100 

Vokey SM8 52F, SM9 56F, SM7 60L | DG S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow

Sinc e this is an active thread with a Mod present may I get clarification on something?

When an item is sold should the seller leave the price in the ad rather than replacing it with SOLD?

I like to see prices because it helps me arrive at market value for stuff I am selling.

The General Rukes are not clear to me regarding this practice.

I 1,000% agree with this.

Another vote for this. I saw someone mention "well what if I sell it for a different price than advertised, I don't want to have to edit it".

That's fine, its not what were talking about. Just specifically when guys edited it to "sold" instead of adding "sold" and leaving the price.

You don't value time enough. I browse the classifieds over coffee. I saw a cool cover (it was a Mardi Gras cover). I bought it. I paid a bit more than new actually. But it was right here and took 30 seconds.

If you can point me to a place where I can find tons of cool gear all in one spot AND the guaranteed best prices we should all head over there. Comparison shopping the entire internet to get a novelty cover $8 cheaper is ridiculous. The BST is cool because its a bunch of random stuff that's neat to us golf-obsessed wierdos *all in one place*. If you're here to try to maximize your dollar you're doing it wrong.

IMO of course.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

And.....

Block list updated.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

You don't value time enough. I browse the classifieds over coffee. I saw a cool cover (it was a Mardi Gras cover). I bought it. I paid a bit more than new actually. But it was right here and took 30 seconds.

If you can point me to a place where I can find tons of cool gear all in one spot AND the guaranteed best prices we should all head over there. Comparison shopping the entire internet to get a novelty cover $8 cheaper is ridiculous. The BST is cool because its a bunch of random stuff that's neat to us golf-obsessed wierdos *all in one place*. If you're here to try to maximize your dollar you're doing it wrong.

IMO of course.

Exactly. I place a lot of value in the ease of purchase, the friendliness of everyone I deal with, and the relative "cool factor" of some really neat equipment I see here that I rarely see anywhere else.

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

IMO of course.

Exactly. I place a lot of value in the ease of purchase, the friendliness of everyone I deal with, and the relative "cool factor" of some really neat equipment I see here that I rarely see anywhere else.

I too fall into this category. A little too much in fact. But that’s the value and curse of the BST for me...time and money invested not always on what I actually need to buy. But I enjoy it. And pass on a good deal to great people too after I’ve tried something and it didn’t work out.

14 Day suspension is too high a price. Really, you should only be asking for a 7-day. Lower your price, Sheriff, and I might be buying what you're selling.

Edit: please don't suspend me, this was meant to be tongue-in-cheek and add some levity to this discussion.

Edit #2: I have to bite my tongue every time I see a Cameron putter for $2500+

I have sold multiple items on this site without incident. I really appreciate the ability to list things for little or no cost and appreciate the forum allowing me and others to do so. Do I make a profit? Never. Do I mitigate my losses for dumb purchases? Yes. Do I prefer selling here to other sites? Absolutely. Are the rules for selling here clear and fair? Yes. Let's not make it more complicated than it has to be.

This should be posted in the lefty section as well. I rarely visit the righty's section.

Actually, a good idea. I surf the righty side as I putt righty, but most leftys arent jacked up like me.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

This should be posted in the lefty section as well. I rarely visit the righty's section.

Done. Thanks!

Taylormade Qi10 9*, GD AD-VF 6X
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade P790 4i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

I actually almost bought one of those Club Cameron bags from someone for $100 until I realized that the entire package including 1 year membership in Club Cameron, a SC headcover, the SC bag and also some other trinkets like a ball marker were all selling for $100+ shipping. Thankfully I noticed it when trying to see how much the bag was actually worth, otherwise I would have felt like I got ripped off. I guess I must be the only one.