2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

adidas customer service after the split with Taylormade is abysmal.

evanseze

That's terrible. As competitive as the industry is you would think organizations would put a premium on customer service. This may sound odd, but I consider a company's customer service reputation as a factor when I purchase any golf equipment.

For example, I have a Leupold rangefinder. It went kaput and the warranty had expired. I contacted Leupold to see if they could fix it. They asked me to mail it to them. A few weeks later, I received the latest model...at no cost. When I was in the market for a rangefinder Bushnell was at the top of the heap. But I had heard/read some negative things about Bushnell's customer service, so I went with Leupold, whose customer service I read good things about.

I have no patience for organizations that won't back up their products.

What you said.

As an aside regarding Bushnell though, I had one of their range finders throw an error code a couple of years ago. It too was well out of warranty but I live about ten miles from the factory so I took it by to see if they would do anything to help me out with a new one. Happily, they told me they would give me a credit equal to the original purchase price towards a replacement. Consequently, I walked out with the latest, greatest upgrade for I think it was about twenty bucks.

That being said, I have also heard some negative stuff about their customer service also. Fortunately, (for me anyways) I was taken good care of in this particular case.

Well.....I know who to call now if I have a problem with my Bushnell......:)

on another note, I did not know the Bushnell plant was in or around KC......good to know. If you ever get down to Springfield, send me a PM and we can try to get together for some golf.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible. As competitive as the industry is you would think organizations would put a premium on customer service. This may sound odd, but I consider a company's customer service reputation as a factor when I purchase any golf equipment.

For example, I have a Leupold rangefinder. It went kaput and the warranty had expired. I contacted Leupold to see if they could fix it. They asked me to mail it to them. A few weeks later, I received the latest model...at no cost. When I was in the market for a rangefinder Bushnell was at the top of the heap. But I had heard/read some negative things about Bushnell's customer service, so I went with Leupold, whose customer service I read good things about.

What you said.

As an aside regarding Bushnell though, I had one of their range finders throw an error code a couple of years ago. It too was well out of warranty but I live about ten miles from the factory so I took it by to see if they would do anything to help me out with a new one. Happily, they told me they would give me a credit equal to the original purchase price towards a replacement. Consequently, I walked out with the latest, greatest upgrade for I think it was about twenty bucks.

That being said, I have also heard some negative stuff about their customer service also. Fortunately, (for me anyways) I was taken good care of in this particular case.

Well.....I know who to call now if I have a problem with my Bushnell...... :)

on another note, I did not know the Bushnell plant was in or around KC......good to know. If you ever get down to Springfield, send me a PM and we can try to get together for some golf.

Oh yeah, I got big time connections at the top of corporate down there! Not! Just got lucky probably.

Getting together in Springfield would be great. In fact, I think we messaged back and forth once before about the possibility. Don't you live on River Cut? We come down to the Table Rock area four or five times every year to fish and play golf and used to always play River Cut at least once when we were there but for what seems like forever it's either been under water, recovering from flooding or hosting a high school or college tournament.

Too bad too as we really enjoy that golf course and it has to be one of the best values anywhere.

We always play Buffalo Ridge and Payne Stewart (I still call it that even though its Branson Hills now) when we're down and have really been looking forward to the new Coore/Crenshaw course and Tiger's new course opening up. Although I just noticed the other day that the price at Buffalo went up to $135 this year so at that rate Johnny Morris is gonna price us out of the market. Once the other two open up that's gonna be one heck of complex. We didn't play it but we went over to the new Gary Player course last October and it looked fantastic. And the clubhouse is equally impressive.

Kind of the Bass Pro Shop of golf I guess.

Of course if it ends up being priced comparably to Top of the Rock it won't much matter as that's just more than we're willing to pay. Apparently that's of little concern to Johnny though as there's never anybody at Buffalo Ridge now and he obviously doesn't care.

Nonetheless, if circumstances look favorable when we head down this spring I'll shoot you a PM and maybe we can work something out!

And thanks for the invite!

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

What you said.

I am glad to hear it. :-)

What you said.

Oh yeah, I got big time connections at the top of corporate down there! Not! Just got lucky probably.

Getting together in Springfield would be great. In fact, I think we messaged back and forth once before about the possibility. Don't you live on River Cut? We come down to the Table Rock area four or five times every year to fish and play golf and used to always play River Cut at least once when we were there but for what seems like forever it's either been under water, recovering from flooding or hosting a high school or college tournament.

Too bad too as we really enjoy that golf course and it has to be one of the best values anywhere.

We always play Buffalo Ridge and Payne Stewart (I still call it that even though its Branson Hills now) when we're down and have really been looking forward to the new Coore/Crenshaw course and Tiger's new course opening up. Although I just noticed the other day that the price at Buffalo went up to $135 this year so at that rate Johnny Morris is gonna price us out of the market. Once the other two open up that's gonna be one heck of complex. We didn't play it but we went over to the new Gary Player course last October and it looked fantastic. And the clubhouse is equally impressive.

Of course if it ends up being priced comparably to Top of the Rock it won't much matter as that's just more than we're willing to pay. Apparently that's of little concern to Johnny though as there's never anybody at Buffalo Ridge now and he obviously doesn't care.

Nonetheless, if circumstances look favorable when we head down this spring I'll shoot you a PM and maybe we can work something out!

I live just North of Rivercut (takes me 3 minutes to get to the clubhouse). I have a Platinum membership and I get tee times at 25% off the published rates, so I can make the value even better. I also really like that course (made my first hole in one there on #2), but I am always up for a trip down to Branson to play any of the courses down there. Once the Tiger course and Crenshaw course get finished, Branson is going to be hard to beat for great golf. I have not played the 13 hole Player course yet, but a buddy of mine played it and he said it is awesome. I have some good guys down here I play with, so come on down anytime and we can get some guys together.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

Knowing Evan in the past, need to play together sometime soon as it's been a while. It's funny thing you mentioned about Leopold rangefinder. My old Leopold GX-3 rangefinder starting to have half of the display go missing so a former Nike rep who is now a rep for Leopold stopped by my club when he was showing his wares to my club pro, I told him of my problem. He took my rangefinder with him and shipped me a brand new GX-5i couple weeks later. Wow, I did not expect that big of upgrade but it shows that Leopold went beyond what I would have been happy with.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

What you said.

I live just North of Rivercut (takes me 3 minutes to get to the clubhouse). I have a Platinum membership and I get tee times at 25% off the published rates, so I can make the value even better. I also really like that course (made my first hole in one there on #2), but I am always up for a trip down to Branson to play any of the courses down there. Once the Tiger course and Crenshaw course get finished, Branson is going to be hard to beat for great golf. I have not played the 13 hole Player course yet, but a buddy of mine played it and he said it is awesome. I have some good guys down here I play with, so come on down anytime and we can get some guys together.

What about Silo Ridge someday?

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Is Silo still private? I've never played it but my wife and I stopped by there on our way to Table Rock about, golly, eight or ten years ago and thought it looked great. It was definitely private at the time but the guys in the shop said they could set us up with a "preview" round if we ever wanted to play. We always thought that we'd make it back over there again someday but, so far, it ain't happened.

As I recall, it was very reasonably priced too.

It's a little off of the beaten path when pulling a boat but if we ever get back down that way sans the boat I intend to give them a call.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Sounds good BR......I love Silo Ridge. You guys had some good Friday games. Need to get Cresap to come up there with me.

You got it. He's still my 4ball partner this year.

Is Silo still private? I've never played it but my wife and I stopped by there on our way to Table Rock about, golly, eight or ten years ago and thought it looked great. It was definitely private at the time but the guys in the shop said they could set us up with a "preview" round if we ever wanted to play. We always thought that we'd make it back over there again someday but, so far, it ain't happened.

It's a little off of the beaten path when pulling a boat but if we ever get back down that way sans the boat I intend to give them a call.

Yes, it's been private for a while but a round can be set up. If you wish, let me know and I can arrange it for you. Outside play on weekends might be harder to set up. Rates are very reasonable. Guest rates for Fridays is very good.

Yeah, it's in middle of nowhere but the access roads has been improved.

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Sounds good BR......I love Silo Ridge. You guys had some good Friday games. Need to get Cresap to come up there with me.

You got it. He's still my 4ball partner this year.

Yes, it's been private for a while but a round can be set up. If you wish, let me know and I can arrange it for you. Outside play on weekends might be harder to set up. Rates are very reasonable. Guest rates for Fridays is very good.

Yeah, it's in middle of nowhere but the access roads has been improved.

Thanks! I greatly appreciate the offer - I'll be sure and let you know if we can make it down.

Taylormade’s customer service has been equally cringe worthy.

**WITB as of 3/3/24**

Driver: TSR4 - 9* Ventus Red 6X

4W: TSR2+ 14.5 (playing 16* - Ventus Red 7X

7W: TSR2 21* - Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX-4 4-5 $-Taper 130X - SSX1

Srixon ZX-7 6-PW $-taper 130X

Ping S159 - 50S / 54H / 58H - DG X100 TI
TaylorMade TP Collection Juno - Old reliable been in the bag since they came out. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in the market for a rangefinder Bushnell was at the top of the heap. But I had heard/read some negative things about Bushnell's customer service, so I went with Leupold, whose customer service I read good things about.

I had a Bushnell GPS watch that was an older model, had it just over a year and the band broke on it and it dropped on the concrete and cracked. One quick email and they gave me an RA# and I sent it back. Since it was an older model (I bought it cheap once it was no longer “cutting-edge” tech) they couldn’t replace it so they sent me the newest model, had it in a couple weeks from my email. That was my one and only interaction with Bushnell, so I may have gotten lucky but I certainly can’t complain.

When I was in the market for a rangefinder Bushnell was at the top of the heap. But I had heard/read some negative things about Bushnell's customer service, so I went with Leupold, whose customer service I read good things about.

I had a Bushnell GPS watch that was an older model, had it just over a year and the band broke on it and it dropped on the concrete and cracked. One quick email and they gave me an RA# and I sent it back. Since it was an older model (I bought it cheap once it was no longer "cutting-edge" tech) they couldn't replace it so they sent me the newest model, had it in a couple weeks from my email. That was my one and only interaction with Bushnell, so I may have gotten lucky but I certainly can't complain.

Well, lucky or not, at least you and I are two for two!

Good for us I say.......

• 1 year later...

Not so much a customer service issue...but I am a high school golf coach and have tried to order shirts for our boys and girls team with little success. I went thru their 2020 catalog and found multiple shirts for both teams that would work but a lot of them are sold out/out of stock. I was very shocked that they would be sold out or extremely limited on sizes this early.