QMany's Swing/Sticks (KS Mid-Am Team Champion p. 125)

QMany

I wonder if he'll try to make any changes to Scott's setup? Maybe try to soften it a little but I doubt a full on change from what his setup's been forever.

He did!

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I’ve been a GG fan for about 6 months. Love seeing his group of professional clients growing but I hope he remembers us little guys. I’ve only done 1 online lesson and would love to get out and see him sometime this year. I may have to pull a Q and do the all in one day trip.

I will also be interested in seeing what the new site is like and if G will change the way he does his online lessons. I would really like to see him do video lessons like Monte and so many others do.

• 3 weeks later...

En route...

headcovers-2018-odyssey-make-it-rain-mallet_1___1.png?sfrm=png&sw=600

"Make it rain on them hoes." Lil' Wayne.

Taylormade TP5

Q; how are you liking the SuperSpeed Golf system a week or so in? Just ordered them, looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks!

I like it so far! I do wish I had a radar unit, but I'm not dropping another $100. I am pleasantly surprised, it isn't an easy workout. I find myself sweating pretty hard and having to take a break or two. I don't necessarily care about my top-end all-out speed. But I want to be able to swing what feels like in-control 80% but with my previous all-out CHS.

The 3 swings per stick in the intro level is by design. After 3 full out swings, the ATP in your muscle cells is depleted. At that point, you need to pause for a full minute to give your mitochondria sufficient time to replenish the ATP.

Even when you move to the 5 swing protocol, you need to break for a minute after 3 full outs. The chemical reactions that regenerate ATP don't get faster and so far no one has figured out how to increase per cell mitochondria population.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Quick update...

Driver

Last season, I played the Epic 9.0 + Tensei Pro Blue 70X I was fit for at the Callaway ECPC. I drove the ball noticeably and statistically better than I ever have. I still think there is a little to be desired, I notice it isn't quite as forgiving on the high-toe which I frequent too often. For the first time in a while, the new Taylormade drivers have me intrigued.

I picked up an identical Tensei Pro Blue 70X and also a Tensei Pro White 70X built to the same specs with Taylormade tips. As soon as my club gets their 8.5 M3 and M4 heads, I will have a little shootout! I have some Edwins Watts credit stored away and will probably order the winner.

28577554_854321676002_6337305394061010180_n.jpg?oh=71e1f82267700c7bad73bd101a74f01a&oe=5B4BD1D0

While I was at the range yesterday, I introduced myself to a new member. After awhile, I noticed he was hitting the M4 and tinkering with some Hzrdus shafts. I asked him how he liked it and he offered to let me hit his M4 9.5. First, I was pleasantly surprised how good it looks behind the ball. It just seems bigger and easier to align compared to the Epic. It just seems more "neutral" where the Epic is pear-shaped and open to my eye. Second, it sounds/feels great! I was expecting a Ping-ier sound, but it was muted and solid. Finally, the flight: I would guess it lauches 2* higher and has about 30 foot higher apex compared to my 9.0 Epic (apples to apples shafts).

Ball

I have played the Srixon ZStar XV for 3-4 years now. It is a phenomenal ball and I have sung its praises all over GolfWRX. I'm still very happy with it. I was given some TP5X to test recently and am pleasantly surprised. I had heard nothing but good things about the ball, and I probably should have tested it sooner, but I had about 12 doz. XV stashed away for the 2017 season. Now that my stash is depleted, it is fair game!

28795962_854321531292_7939654429540153239_n.jpg?oh=ec45600041eff49e1685e5d03bc03c0d&oe=5B3E7095

I have now had the opportunity to test the TP5X v. XV head-to-head over a few different days in varying conditions. I still need some more testing, specifically wedge distances and more with driver, but thought I could share my preliminary opinions. First, it flights high! It is the highest launch window and flight I have ever experienced. But it doesn't seem to balloon or get thrown around by cross or headwinds. It reminds me of a first-cut flyer. (I haven't experienced the flyer-like distance discrepancies some people have). There were two instances during a recent round with the TP5X where I was just shocked at how well it held its line despite a 20-25 MPH crosswind. The XV is a great wind-ball, but the TP5X might be better!

Around the greens, it performs just like the XV, comically so:

28575835_854321546262_5086726386449863960_n.jpg?oh=8e92e5f4e4244c4ed4dccefb223db9ce&oe=5B409965

(20 yard pitch)

28472157_854321571212_5876405053937376544_n.jpg?oh=3223fd14c9ea93d9b2273327b97ab3b8&oe=5AFFEC18

(40 yard wedge flighted into the wind)

Apart from the performance comparison, the TP5X feels incredibly! Nice and soft. The XV is just a hard ball, probably one of the hardest on the market. I need more testing, but as of right now, I would probably give the edge to the TP5X. I just wish it came in yellow! :D

Taylormade TP5

That's gaudy, if I didn't know your game, I would chide you. Knowing your game, I ain't going there no way no how.

Hahhahhhhhah. I know, I love it!

Taylormade TP5

Ball update:

I played my first full round with the TP5X yesterday alongside CallawayLefty. I’m really impressed so far. One unplayable lie bogey and one three-putt bogey away from tying my career-best. It was only 50-60 degrees, so distances are not easy to judge. But it just seems to hold its line really well. I distinctly remember a few shots that really stood out to me. #10 is a short par five, and I had 208 up the hill into the wind. The ball was below my feet and I came up out of it. It felt like one of those shots that should have been flailing 15 yards short right into the deep bunker. Instead, it just held its line and was only about 5 yards short-right putting for eagle. It just doesn’t have much lateral movement. Every ball *looks* like a flier. But I’m still seeing sufficient spin on approaches and around the greens.

For those that have tested/played the TP5X, what were your thoughts? Still playing it? Or why did you move on?

Taylormade TP5

Irons

While driver may take a little time to implement, I felt immediate improvement with my irons. Most importantly, the feels were more like big picture ideas, not specific manipulations. For me, with irons, I feel like I need to sit into my right side and keep my hands high and wide. Those are my only two feels. I am not consciously thinking about wrist angles, forearm roll, external rotation, etc.

Proper Leg Work:

Sit into the Right: https://www.instagra...-by=ggswingtips

Keep the Hands High:

Keep them Wide:

https://www.instagra...-by=ggswingtips

https://www.instagra...-by=ggswingtips

Again, we started with “freezers.” GG wanted me to pause at the top and then really concentrate on sitting into the right side (as I have a tendency to slide left) and not let my arms get low or narrow. We started with freezers at 30%, then 60%, then 90%, rinse and repeat. After about 15 or so like that under his watchful eye, I started working on my own alternating 4-5 balls freezing at reduced speed and 4-5 balls full-speed without freezing. After a set or two, I flushed 5 straight at full-speed and turned around to tell GG how great it felt. He was getting everything on video the entire time. The swing previously posted was the last one in a set full-speed just thinking about sitting into my right side and keeping my hands high and wide.

[media=]

[/media]

Practice

One of the big takeaways was how I should practice and prepare for events. In the past, I’ll be the first to tell you I didn’t practice efficiently. I would hit balls more than anyone I know, but it probably wasn’t the best way to bring about a swing change. For example, I would grind for an hour or two hitting 9i after 9i at the 150 flag, maybe working on a specific feel, and then get disappointed if I wasn’t flagging it.

GG talked to me a lot about moving between internal and external focus during a practice session. For example, set aside 10 balls and work on exaggerated moves sitting into the R and keeping the hands high at 50%. You can think about mechanics but don’t worry about where the ball goes! Then, set aside 10 balls and only think about targets, such as playing the iron point game. Alternate between those modes and it should help incorporate the change faster.

Another good tip was using chalk if you are hitting off of mats. After GG had to leave for the night, I stayed and hit balls under the lights. I used the chalk to designate start lines and then adjusted body and swing path based on that to hit the desired shot.

Chalk.jpg

After my lesson, the University of Louisiana golfer and I played GG’s iron point games and his 30-70 drill, which I highly recommend. I’m going to incorporate them both into my weekly practice routines. The first time trying the 30-70 drill, my cumulative distance from the hole was 54’ or a little under 11’ per ball. I did it again at my course yesterday and am down to 39’.

30_70.jpg

I’m going to make a point to try to do it 2-3 times per week, keep track, and try to keep improving. (GG students’ record is 11’ which is absurd!)

Unsolicited, GG sent me two videos Monday morning from his backyard recapping what we went over. We are going to stay connected and touch base every few weeks to see how I’m progressing. I think GG really understands the mechanics, but more importantly has showed me how to practice and prepare more efficiently going into my season.

Well done

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I went from TP5X to XV because I couldn't get it to spin enough generally with the irons. On top of that was the fliers that would appear from nowhere. I will say it's the softest feeling ball around though.

Cobra LTD X LS 10.5 RIP Phenom 70X

Callaway UW 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5 
Titleist T200 3i Hzrdus Black 6.5
Srixon Z745 4 & 5i KBS $-Taper X

Srixon Z-Forged 6-PW KBS $-Taper X
Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58 
Evnroll ER5C 

I went from TP5X to XV because I couldn't get it to spin enough generally with the irons. On top of that was the fliers that would appear from nowhere. I will say it's the softest feeling ball around though.

I’d like to get some irons on Trackman with the TP5X. I haven’t experienced those phantom fliers in my limited practice, but I’ve heard of them. I find it really similar to the XV around the greens, just a lot softer.

Taylormade TP5

I don't consistently play the TP5x but I did play several rounds last year with both the TP5x and the Chromesoft/Chromesoftx. My thoughts about the TP5x is I was generally getting 5-10yrds more per club with the ball. I do agree with you about saying it doesn't move off of it's line much, and I also thought it flew a lot higher than every other ball. Overall I thought both the TP5 and Chromesoft balls are solid choices. Can't really go wrong with either.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

What do freezers at 30, 60, and 90 percent mean?

Going to the top, freezing, and then hitting. And doing it at 30%, 60% and 90% speed. I was doing a few today, here was a 60%:

Taylormade TP5

I spent a few years playing tm balls because I liked how they play in the wind. Last fall I switched back to xv because I really love how it lands on the green, being able to throw darts just makes the game more fun for me. I might get back to low single digit instead of wallowing in the mid and high.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Ball update:

I played my first full round with the TP5X yesterday alongside CallawayLefty. I'm really impressed so far. One unplayable lie bogey and one three-putt bogey away from tying my career-best. It was only 50-60 degrees, so distances are not easy to judge. But it just seems to hold its line really well. I distinctly remember a few shots that really stood out to me. #10 is a short par five, and I had 208 up the hill into the wind. The ball was below my feet and I came up out of it. It felt like one of those shots that should have been flailing 15 yards short right into the deep bunker. Instead, it just held its line and was only about 5 yards short-right putting for eagle. It just doesn't have much lateral movement. Every ball *looks* like a flier. But I'm still seeing sufficient spin on approaches and around the greens.

For those that have tested/played the TP5X, what were your thoughts? Still playing it? Or why did you move on?

I was one who got the hot fliers out of the 5x when I tried it last year, but am beginning to think it was as much an issue with the irons I had in play as much as it was the ball. Seeing much higher and more consistent spin with Apex MB, which makes me wonder if the 5x wasn't so bad after all. Problem is the new Soft and Soft x are so vastly improved that I doubt the 5x will get another look.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Ball update:

I played my first full round with the TP5X yesterday alongside CallawayLefty. I'm really impressed so far. One unplayable lie bogey and one three-putt bogey away from tying my career-best. It was only 50-60 degrees, so distances are not easy to judge. But it just seems to hold its line really well. I distinctly remember a few shots that really stood out to me. #10 is a short par five, and I had 208 up the hill into the wind. The ball was below my feet and I came up out of it. It felt like one of those shots that should have been flailing 15 yards short right into the deep bunker. Instead, it just held its line and was only about 5 yards short-right putting for eagle. It just doesn't have much lateral movement. Every ball *looks* like a flier. But I'm still seeing sufficient spin on approaches and around the greens.

I was one who got the hot fliers out of the 5x when I tried it last year, but am beginning to think it was as much an issue with the irons I had in play as much as it was the ball. Seeing much higher and more consistent spin with Apex MB, which makes me wonder if the 5x wasn't so bad after all. Problem is the new Soft and Soft x are so vastly improved that I doubt the 5x will get another look.

I think you are spot on about the fliers coming from the irons themselves and not so much the ball. I also think the CS/CSx will be the ball to beat in 2018.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I played the XV all last year. This year, I'm eyeing the Cally Chrome. Will be testing them out in Myrtle the week of the Masters.

Any thoughts to trying those?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I played the XV all last year. This year, I'm eyeing the Cally Chrome. Will be testing them out in Myrtle the week of the Masters.

I was surprised that you gamed the XV all year. I remember you not liking the sound or feel at first? XV is very long and great in the wind.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I was surprised that you gamed the XV all year. I remember you not liking the sound or feel at first? XV is very long and great in the wind.

$20 a dozen helped with the decision! lol....

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Q, did I see an ACE in your instagram story yesterday???

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Pretty sure that was a throwback to last year, but I'm sure Q will be along to clarify.

Yeah, that came up on my timeline. First ace was a year ago. I thought I clarified it putting the date on there but tricked too many people. Hahah!

Taylormade TP5

Quick update...

Ball

I have played the Srixon ZStar XV for 3-4 years now. It is a phenomenal ball and I have sung its praises all over GolfWRX. I'm still very happy with it. I was given some TP5X to test recently and am pleasantly surprised. I had heard nothing but good things about the ball, and I probably should have tested it sooner, but I had about 12 doz. XV stashed away for the 2017 season. Now that my stash is depleted, it is fair game!

28795962_854321531292_7939654429540153239_n.jpg?oh=ec45600041eff49e1685e5d03bc03c0d&oe=5B3E7095

I have now had the opportunity to test the TP5X v. XV head-to-head over a few different days in varying conditions. I still need some more testing, specifically wedge distances and more with driver, but thought I could share my preliminary opinions. First, it flights high! It is the highest launch window and flight I have ever experienced. But it doesn't seem to balloon or get thrown around by cross or headwinds. It reminds me of a first-cut flyer. (I haven't experienced the flyer-like distance discrepancies some people have). There were two instances during a recent round with the TP5X where I was just shocked at how well it held its line despite a 20-25 MPH crosswind. The XV is a great wind-ball, but the TP5X might be better!

28575835_854321546262_5086726386449863960_n.jpg?oh=8e92e5f4e4244c4ed4dccefb223db9ce&oe=5B409965

(20 yard pitch)

28472157_854321571212_5876405053937376544_n.jpg?oh=3223fd14c9ea93d9b2273327b97ab3b8&oe=5AFFEC18

Apart from the performance comparison, the TP5X feels incredibly! Nice and soft. The XV is just a hard ball, probably one of the hardest on the market. I need more testing, but as of right now, I would probably give the edge to the TP5X. I just wish it came in yellow! :D

I bought a new box of TP5X and went straight to practice 30-70 yard wedges head to head. The spin profile seems very similar to the XV I’m used to. I do have to say, I’m a little disappointed in the cover durability. They scuffed after ONE 30-70 yard wedge shot with a worn 15 month old wedge.

Taylormade TP5

Quick update...

Ball

(20 yard pitch)

I bought a new box of TP5X and went straight to practice 30-70 yard wedges head to head. The spin profile seems very similar to the XV I'm used to. I do have to say, I'm a little disappointed in the cover durability. They scuffed after ONE 30-70 yard wedge shot with a worn 15 month old wedge.

I love the chromesoft for it's durability, can sometimes use a ball for a couple of rounds.

don't tend to scuff it up too much with pured toe strikes :D

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement