REVIEWS: 2018 Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X. Read what members say here.

The following members were chosen to test the new Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X balls.

Chrome Soft Testers

1. cbrwn425
  2. 02alex02
  3. pheenomz4774
  4. FAbb
  5. birdog903
  6. spur22
  7. bsawhney
  8. Mr D
  9. Boricua Golf
  10. CenturyHack
  11. mtiger10
  12. Hairpie

Chrome Soft X Testers

1. mission_scratch
  2. driveandputtmachine
  3. drvrwdge
  4. JStang
  5. theboypinoy
  6. FLGOLFJUNKIE
  7. tmak19
  8. orbless
  9. tripleH
  10. youngunz5840
  11. MikekiM
  12. OspreyCI

They'll be playing and reviewing them in the coming weeks. Check back here to see their reviews and add your own.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Chrome Soft X tester.

First I would like to thank GolfWRX for this opportunity. Ever since I was a high school golfer I never cared for the Titleist options on the market, i never played the Tour Balata, or the professional or the Pro V1 for any length of time. I played the Maxfli HT, Prcept EV extra spin, Tour Edition(Greg Norman’s Ball) and the Top Flite Z Balata. I ended up settling on the Bridgestone for a long time until the last two years. I have mostly settled on the Snel MTB, but I will buy whatever is on sale in between tournaments and for the shag bag. I will be completely honest, I have never played a chrome soft of any kind. Between the Snell and 20 dollars for Srixon Z Stars, or TM tour preferred x I never saw a reason to try.

I am just doing some unboxing today, it is supposed to rain tomorrow, then be back in the 40’s for highs until Saturday. i will be putting the Chrome Softs through their paces.

A little about me. My swing speed is 115 - 118 with the driver, I am a high spin player, my 7 irons routinely drop and stop, and PW and lower tend to spin back. my natural shot shape is a cut, but I can hit the irons and 3 wood both directions. I will be doing comparisons to the TM tour preferred x, Snell MTB, and Srixon Z Star XV. My sig shows my clubs. I will compare distance of longer clubs and irons, spin with everything(especially on pitches and chips).

So far with the putter, it feels very soft. I am putting with a Carbon Sunset Beach currently. I will be able to tell more once I can hit some longer putts. All tour level balls feel soft on short putts.

If you want any specific info please reply to my post and I will try and help.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Thanks to GolfWRX for selecting me to review the Chrome Soft X. I received them in the mail today along with a nice GolfWRX sticker. I always liked the Chrome Soft but it lacked a little bit of feel that I'm hopeful the "X" provides.

I will start off by getting some numbers for you guys on SkyTrak comparing data to ProV1, ProV1X, and B330. I will then get some on course data the next time I get out.

3/14 Update: I got some ball data on SkyTrak to share with you guys. I am fighting a nice little push draw (most would call it a hook) right now but tried to get 3 solid shots with each ball and each club. All balls were brand new when I started the test and the SkyTrak was set to 50 ft. above sea level.

For those of you that are not familiar with SkyTrak, they give you a backspin and sidespin number so backspin will look low to many of you given each club but if you were to add the back spin and side spin number together you will get total spin. I will get driver data by next week and I hope to get out on the course this weekend. I was at the Valspar last weekend and have a 2.5 year old and 3 month old at home so my course time has been limited.

One thing that I really like visually is the CHROME SOFT X print on the ball. It is nice and long and I don't see a need to draw a line on the ball with the sharpie for those of you who use one for aligning putts.

3/24 Update:

I finally got 18 in last night and got to see how the ball performed on the course. It took me a while to get going but once I started hitting some good shots I could see how well the ball would perform. It was blowing at about 15 mph yesterday and the course was playing as firm and fast as I've ever seen it. I stepped on the first tee box cold without hitting any balls prior to the round. The first hole was into a left to right wind and I aimed it up the left side of the fairway and the wind took it back dead center. Impressive start! My approach was a touchy 70 yard shot which I have been known to hit about 10-20 yards long. I nipped it perfectly with a 3/4 sand wedge and it went about 10 yards past the pin but spun back a good 10 feet. I haven't had a shot spin back like that on these greens in years and it is a relatively flat green! I'm not sure if it was the ball or the green but it was cool to put it past the pin and watch it work back.

Here comes the not so "humble brag." The fourth hole was dead down wind and I have hit some of my longest drives as of late on this hole and my previous long drive of all time was on this hole at 329 yards. It's a flat hole but the fairway is firm and the wind is almost always a helping wind. I absolutely smoke this thing and hit a high ball that just rode the wind for what seemed like eternity. I set my Garmin S6 approach to measure the shot and get up to the ball and the watch reads 331 yards. Three driver swings into playing the new Chrome Soft X and I had a new personal long! I may or may not have bladed my wedge into the green but that's neither here nor there.

As the round went on, I was impressed with the ball and how it reacted on the greens. The feel is similar to the ProV1 which I prefer. If you find the original Chrome Soft to be too soft, do yourself a favor and give the X a shot. This ball is as good as any tour ball that I've played.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

So when I opened the thread and read drimeandputtmachine’s opening post I had to do a double take, thinking I had already posted. First because it is almost to a T my exact experiences throughout my golfing life and secondly because I have a 6 week old baby girl and I don’t think I’ve slept in 3 weeks.... but I digress.

Here’s where we do differ. Although I have tried almost every ball in the market I always find myself coming back to whatever iteration of Titleist is their current tour ball. From Tour Balatas to The Professionals to the current Pro V1x and everything in between. I’ve been playing since I was 10, 1989, and played a year in college with a few breaks here and there. Back in the day when spin was king nothing beat the Topflite Z Balatas but the Slazengers in my book were as good as anything out there.

Our swing speeds are similar. I carry my 7i ~180 and can say I hit the big stick a pretty long ways, I won’t go in detail... I’m 6’3” 195 with steeper transition and a little EE but I’ve just learned that there ain’t no getting rid of it. No matter how many GG Swingtips videos I watch. Late release, higher spin player who has worked my way into hitting a cut but played a draw for 25 years. It’s just too inconsistent, I have to work to hit the draw the cut I can just swing left and release the club.

I have played the previous versions of the Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X. The first iteration was a decent ball but I would get random knuckle ball fliers with irons that would go 10-15 farther than normal so that was a no go. I actually really liked last years CSX but that classic cursive writing roped me back in. I’ve played the new TP5 X and both Bridgestone offerings but like the CSX before I was once again lured back to “the #1 ball in Golf”.

I am actually very excited and humbled to have been chosen to test the latest version of the CSX. I have heard great things about it from a few staffers in my area I have had the pleasure of being around. Ones Australian and won the API last year but I won’t mention any names.. The other a solid mini tour player who hits the ball farther than anyone I’ve ever seen, even me and that’s saying something lol.

Weather looks decent this week so I should be able to get out for some short game work and I will be playing Saturday so more to come. Once again thank you GolfWRX for this opportunity.

Stay Tuned...

First I want to thank you to GolfWRX and Callaway for the chance to review the new chrome soft ball.

Just got them in the mail with a nice decal today. Currently I’m a 12 handicap so I can best describe my game as consistently inconsistent. Once the weather clears I’ll take these out to the practice green and spend some time comparing them to last years ball. Then next week I’ll head out to the course and do some on course testing.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Super super amped to get the opportunity to test these. I have played just about every golf ball lately trying to figure out what I like. Lately I have been running the Taylormade tp. I was around a 12 last year thanks to lessons from GolfWRX’s own Zach Heusser after being stuck at 20 for years. Right now I’m at 15 as I have a 4 month old boy. I have always loved the feel of chrome softs but they were short off the long clubs. I am hoping this Cali rain passes and I can get out this weekend to see the difference graphene makes.

Got a sleeve of CSX to try from my Rep.

All I can say if you want more distance with all your clubs

with spin, it's much better then the previous CSX.

No comment on feel. Feel is so subjective with each player.

Clubs you play. Putter you use with inserts or not.

So makes no sense to me to give you any comments on feel.

For me on price. It's worth the extra $5.00

Thank you to GolfWRX!!!!, waiting for mine to show up, hopefully the weather holds and I can get out Saturday to test these!!!

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I am thankful to have been chosen to review the Chrome soft golf ball. The last Callaway golf ball that I played regularly was the tour i. I've been using the Pro V1x for the last several years but I'm excited about testing graphene technology. I'm not a big guy with huge swing speed, my 7 iron distance is around 140 and I play to about 15-16 handicap. Iron play is decent but chipping/pitching is usually my downfall. I'll start by testing the golf balls on the putting green and move to the short game area. My youngest son is playing in the PGA Junior League this year so I'm anxious to get him out there this weekend hopefully.

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

Thank you GolfWrx for the opportunity to test the Callaway Chrome Soft X.

Little about myself first. I have been playing the game for about 30 years and been on this site for a long time. I am a 10 hdcp weekend player with around 100-102 SS with driving being my nemesis. My short game and putting save me most days. Therefore, I like to use a ball that spins controllably around the green. I have been playing Callaway Hex Chrome, Bridgestone B330s, Snell MTB, TM TPx, and mostly the KSIG (favorite ball).

I received these balls last night and went straight to the garage to do some putting on my mat. I put the CSX up against the KSIG and the CSX felt great and had a good solid, bit heavy, feeling to it. Feel was pretty close the the KSIG, but not as soft. Love the feel! The best thing about living in AZ is that I can go anytime to practice. I will be hitting the short game and putting green in the next few days to test it out some more.

Can wait to play my first round with it. Thanks again GolfWrx!

UPDATE: 3/6 Went to the GC today and headed for the short game area. I putted with the CSX against the KSIG as well as chipping and pitching against these two balls.

Putting was darn near equal the feel department as well as distance control- neck and neck.

Short game started with short chips then longer ones. The CSX felt a touch harder, but had equal spin control and roll out.

Pitching is where I saw a slight difference. The KSIG was a touch higher trajectory and great spin. The CSX was a little lower and felt harder (not much), but had very good spin. I holed a few with the CSX once I got the “feel” of the ball. Hitting 40’yatd pitches Incould tell I want to hit this with an iron and driver badley.

This ball is going to be very good. LOVED it around the green. Could knock my beloved KSIG to the back pocket....

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway for the chance to review the new chrome soft ball.

Received package yesterday, will spend some time putting with these first before putting them in play.

[update March 10th]

Played at Callippe Preserve in Pleasanton CA early morning, conditions were a bit wet as we have had some rains for the last few days. Only played three Par 3 holes with the new Chrome Soft ball, to see how this ball performs on tee shots and performs on the green and not lose any balls for more updates later. Remaining holes played Duo Spin as conditions were wet and don't need a urethane ball on wet days.

1st Par 3 Hole #4 ... this is a downhill par 3, flag at the back today around 194 yards over a ridge. There was not much wind on this hole. chrome soft holds the flight path very well with not too much side spin. Stopped with one bounce and settled down on the green. Holds the line very well, aligned the ball using the "chrome soft" alignment on the ball. Putting was a challenge for me today with the distance control for this ball, it was going too long for me, well past the hole.

2nd Par 3 Hole #6 ... this is an uphill par 3, flag in the middle behind the bunker. There was not much wind on this hole today, used a 9 iron and got a nice high trajectory on the ball, ball pretty much stopped right next to its pitch mark. Again held the line very well with no side spin. Putting of course was a challenge again with the first putt going well past the hole resulting again in 3 putts.

3rd Par 3 Hole #13 ... this is a downhill par 3, flag was on the right side of the green behind 2 bunkers, the green slopes down from the middle of the green to the right hand side, so best shot would have been to place the ball in the middle of the green and let it roll down to the right. Alas, the ball flew a bit too much more than expected, usually an 8 iron works well for me on this hole, but with this ball it was longer and ended up on the back of the green. Again, the ball holds the line so well, with pretty much no side spin from the tee shots. Flight for the 8 iron was nice and high trajectory, with out much roll out. Chipped from the edge of the green, ball feels good on small chips, firm and released pretty good without too much side spin tracking the line well.

[update March 17th]

Compared some putts against pro v1 (2015) version.

Both of them have a great roll off the putter and track line well, not much difference. Click sound is a bit louder for the pro v1 compared to Chrome soft, the chrome soft click sound was a bit muted compared to pro v1.

Wanted to thank GolfWRX and Callaway Golf for selecting me to test these new Chrome Soft X balls. Just received mine this afternoon!

Just a little background about myself I'm a 4hdcp, been playing about 35 years, 102 swing speed. Currently I switch around with the balls between the Ksig, B330, and CSX. I'll be performing some testing on a GC2 with a couple different balls for comparison.

Looking forward to testing and providing some results soon! Let me know if you have any questions.

Update 3/7

Had a chance to play with these for a bit last night. Pulled out an older CSX (2017? if someone could confirm?), a KSig, and the new CSX2018 balls. Here are a couple side by side photos. The new CSX looked and felt good. The paint and finish were perfect, no blemishes, no seams, printing looked good.

Hit a few balls to 100yards on my GC2. Initial impression is that the new CSX ball is firm. It flights a touch lower than the previous generation and the KSig ball, but it was noticeably more firm than both other balls. CSX18 I would say had a bit more spin than the other two balls. I hit a couple shots in the 9500rpm range, that I did not do with either the Ksig or the CSX17 ball. Will hit a few with longer irons and woods shortly.

Thank you GolfWrx for the opportunity to test the Callaway Chrome Soft X.

Little about myself first. I have been playing the game for about 30 years and been on this site for a long time. I am a 10 hdcp weekend player with around 100-102 SS with driving being my nemesis. My short game and putting save me most days. Therefore, I like to use a ball that spins controllably around the green. I have been playing Callaway Hex Chrome, Bridgestone B330s, Snell MTB, TM TPx, and mostly the KSIG (favorite ball).

I received these balls last night and went straight to the garage to do some putting on my mat. I put the CSX up against the KSIG and the CSX felt great and had a good solid, bit heavy, feeling to it. Feel was pretty close the the KSIG, but not as soft. Love the feel! The best thing about living in AZ is that I can go anytime to practice. I will be hitting the short game and putting green in the next few days to test it out some more.

Can wait to play my first round with it. Thanks again GolfWrx!

UPDATE: 3/6 Went to the GC today and headed for the short game area. I putted with the CSX against the KSIG as well as chipping and pitching against these two balls.

Putting was darn near equal the feel department as well as distance control- neck and neck.

Short game started with short chips then longer ones. The CSX felt a touch harder, but had equal spin control and roll out.

Pitching is where I saw a slight difference. The KSIG was a touch higher trajectory and great spin. The CSX was a little lower and felt harder (not much), but had very good spin. I holed a few with the CSX once I got the “feel” of the ball. Hitting 40’yatd pitches Incould tell I want to hit this with an iron and driver badley.

This ball is going to be very good. LOVED it around the green. Could knock my beloved KSIG to the back pocket....

Update: 3/7 went back to the GC and same routine as yesterday. By the way, for reference, I am putting with an OG TM Spider with the metal AGSI insert and chipping with a TM MG 54 and 60 wedges.

I mostly worked on long putts today looking for feel of the CSX against the KSIG and distance control. On longer putts the CSX got more clickier, which is what I like. Feels more like a ProV1x on longer putts and a KSIG on shorter putts. Overall, feels great in short and long putts.

I was only able pitch from about 20-40 yards with not short pitches or chips. The CSX has tons of spin and is still lower trajectory than the KSIG as I saw yesterday. The feel gets a little harder the the longer the shot. Don’t get me wrong, it feels really good next to the KSIG that almost feels mushy side by side. They both seem to hop and stop when needed or roll out when I want them too. Overall, really good ball on day two with it.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I was able to sneak out and play nine holes at the short course next to where I live. First hole hit a pw 135yds into the wind and the ball hit and spun back from its pitch mark. Next few holes I didn’t put the best swing on the ball as my back was stiff and I was waiting on each tee. The ball has great feel off the putter and wedges. In the past the chrome soft has been short compared to other balls I normally put in play so I pulled out a b330s that usually performs at the top of the list but lacks the feel I prefer. First hole I went head to head was 128 yds into the wind and sun going down. The b330s hits the front of the green and spins off. The chrome soft x hits the middle and rolls back but stays on. Next hole I pull both so user error negates that show down. Final hole on the course is a 302 yd par 4 and next to the driving range so you have to hit middle or you won’t be finding your ball if you go right or risk getting taken out by the range. Hit both clean and they both landed and got zero roll because the grass was soggy. The b330s lands 40yds short and the csx ends up about 7yds ahead. In the past the chrome soft would be 15yds behind sonthisnis a huge jump. I plan to get out on a full length course with my buddy who plays to a 9 and see how it plays for both of us.

So I have not been able to play, but I did get to putt and chip...I am reviewing the regular Chrome Soft, I am comparing them to the B330S, KSig, Nike Tour Platinum and the new ProV1:

Putter Feel (Ping Karsten TR Zing):

The CS is very close to the B330S in the way it comes off the putter, the other 2 are a bit more clicky, with the CS being just a tad softer, distance control was also better with the CS.

Chipping (50, 54, 58 wedges):

The CS surprised me here, it was checking very quick with every wedge, so a bit of an adjustment had to be made, I could be more aggressive flying it closer to the hole and it always checked very nicely stopping right by the hole, the B330 and the ProV1 were releasing a bit more but still checking very nice as well, again, the B330S and the CS were softer coming off the clubs, KSig releasing just a bit more than the other 2 (not bad by any means) and the Nike was more a bump and run type of shot to get it to perform at its best.

So far I am liking this new iteration of the CS, I've played the regular CS and the X since we did the Gear Trials in 2016, so far this version is working really well, hope the weather holds and I can give it a full test on the course this Saturday, more to follow...

3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"

PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)

I played the Chrome Soft for the first time on my last round. I was impressed with the putter feel, short game spin and they have made a MASSIVE improvement on performance into the wind. The cover is still not very durable compared to the TP5/x and other top level balls. I do enjoy how soft the Yellow is. Often I find the Yellow versions of balls play firmer than their white counterparts. I live in NYC and the temps are around 40 degrees so we'll see how it compares to the TP5/x in the warmer weather, but so far, I am very impressed. I was incredibly surprised how straight the flight was off the driver. I hit some of the straightest drives I've ever hit with a high spin ball. The day I played it, I compared it to the Srixon Zstar (yellow) and the NXT Tour S (yellow). The Chrome Soft and Zstar have very similar short game and putter performance, but I thought the Chrome Soft was better off the driver. The NXT Tour S doesn't compare to either of those balls.

Epic Max LS 9* Ventus Black 6s / Cobra Radspeed 9* Tensei 1K 6x

Epic Flash 15* / Tour AD TP 7x and DI 7x

Sim Max 19* / DI 8x

Srixon Zx7 4-P

Ping Glide Stealth 52 (bent to 51)

SM6 - 56/10 (bent to 55/9)

Tour Issue LB Hi Toe 60*

Spider Plumber's Neck

TP5

When I saw the sunny forecast, I was anxious to get out to the putting green today to test the Chrome Soft. When I arrived it was covered, apparently freeze warning ??. I was able to putt a few inside and I was surprised how aggressive I had to be with putting stroke (Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7) on CS as opposed to ProV1. Felt really soft coming off the face with that counter balanced putter, really had to go after it. However, it held the line well and distance control came easy. Tried putts from 5, 10, & 15 feet and actually sunk more with CS. Still actually prefer the feedback and little click on the putts with ProV1.

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

First of all, thanks again to GolfWRX and Callaway for the opportunity to test the 2018 version of the Chrome Soft X ball. I had a chance to take them out onto the course today. Here are my first impressions.

I forgot to take pictures, so this will be an image-less review for now, unfortunately.

I putted with the ball first on the practice green when I initially arrived at the course. Feel is extremely subjective, but here is what I observed. Coming off of the putter face—a milled, non-insert putter—it felt good. It didn’t sound any more clicky or any more dull. Sounded pretty close to my gamer ball, the Srixon XV. Didn’t have any actually Srixons with me though, so only off of feel and recollection, that’s what I think. I’m going to roll them against each other fairly soon to compare.

Chipping and pitching was good. Had some grab when needed, and rolled out when playing for it. Nothing was odd about the performance, all solid. My short game isn’t the best, probably what holds me off from scoring lower, but the ball didn’t hurt my game.

Won’t be able to actually play with the ball on the course until next week, but will update when I do.

I was able to get out today to play 18 with the new Chrome Soft X. Weather held nice, high 50's with a bit of wind. The first nine I was able to test the 2018 CSX vs the 2017 CSX and on the back nine I played mostly with the 2018 CSX as well as some shots with the Bridgestone B330.

Some background information about me. I am playing a 2017 M2 in 9* with an Aldila Rogue Silver 70 XStiff, swing speed around 110 - 113. Titleist 915Fd 3 wood @ 14.25*, 915Hd @ 18.25*, Titleist irons; 710 AP2 4 iron, 710 CB 5 iron, 710 MB 6 - PW. Nike VR Forged 52*, Vokey SM4 56*, Vokey SM6 60* M and an Odyssey Metal X #9. Currently playing off of 3. My go to ball most recently has been the Bridgestone B330 followed closely by the Chrome Soft X, so I have a good amount of experience with the Chrome Soft's. In the past year I have played the B330, B330S, Chrome Soft X, TP5X, ZStar, Pro V1x, Snell MTB and Oncore Elixer. I had settled on the Bridgestone and/or based on the performance as well as cost. I loved the feel of the TP5x and it's wind performance was great but the cost has made me not want to game it, same goes for the Pro V. For me personally I have come to find the B330 as the best mix of performance and value.

When I first inspected the 18 CSX vs the 17 is that it feels a bit softer and tackier than the 17 version and was slightly more matte in appearance. Otherwise the two are pretty similar in appearance.

CSX 2018 vs 2017

The course I was at doesn't have a range but does have a small putting green. I hit a few putts before going out for the round but could not feel a noticeable difference between the 2017 and 2018 versions.

The first hole is a par 4 that plays about 350 yards with a slight dog leg to the right and the hole fairway slants left to right, so it is easy to lose your ball off to the right side which has trees and thick grass on a steep hill.

I hit driver off the tee. The CSX 18 felt and sounded really nice off the driver. Had a firm feel and a decent sound. Ball flight was high but penetrating with a soft fade. Ended up on the right edge of the fairway with about 85 yards in. I also hit one with the 2017 CSX and lost it a bit too far to the right and got a bad kick into the thick grass. I hit a knockdown 56 for the approach shot and ended up 20 feet left pin high with the 2018 CSX, I also hit the 2017 CSX from here and was about 25 feet long of the pin. Both had decent amount of spin with the 2018 backing up about a foot and the 2017 ball spinning back a bit more which I would attribute to me hitting it a bit harder.

Second hole is a short par 4 elevated tee and an elevated green. Listed around 325 yards but plays longer due to elevation changes. I hit 3 wood off the tee and loved the feel and ball flight from the 2018 CSX. Mid height and penetrating ball flight with the slightest rise and the end. Hit it dead in the middle of the fairway and had 90 yards in to the pin. I hit another knockdown 56* and ended up about 10 yards short of the green. I chipped with the 52 wedge and came up shorter than I had wanted. The CSX checked up pretty quick and didn't roll out as planned. Ended up with a bogey (only one on the front).

Third hole is a downhill par 4 that has a slight dog leg left. There is trouble on the left side with OB and the grounds crew facilities as well as trees. The miss is to the right when you can land in the 6th fairway but still have trees to deal with coming back. I missed this tee shot off to the right and ended up in the sixth fairway. The trees are tall so you have to punch it low unless you get lucky with a hole up high. I punched a 6 iron through the trees to about 40 yards short of the green. I had a shot in to a left pin over a bunker. I hit a flop with the 60* that took i bounce and rolled up to about 18 inches to save par.

Fourth is a par 3 at 158 yards into a strong wind. A narrow hole with tall trees all along the left and a big tree on the right just short of the green that you can go over if you have a high ball flight. This hole forces you to hit a fairly straight shot so can be trouble for someone who hits draws or fades. I went with a 7 iron going high over the tree on the right. The 2018 CSX felt great off the iron, very crisp giving you nice confidence. At this point though I was not sure if I could notice much difference between the 2017 and 2018 versions. I ended up a few yards long and right with a slick little chip to a tight pin with the green running away from me. I hit the 52* landing it a few feet inside the fringe and it rolled up to about a foot for a par save.

Fifth hole is straight par 4 with an elevated green. I hit 3 wood again off this tee with a nice high ball flight leaving myself about 90 yards in from the right side of the fairway to a pin middle left of the green. This green is elevated and slopes back to front. You can't see the surface from the fairway. I hit a 56* and ended up just off the left back side of the green. I had about a 30 ft chip and the ball checked up nice and left me about an 8 footer for par.

Sixth hole is a long par 5 with a sharp dogleg left going into an elevated green. It plays about 580. My drive was pushed a bit to the right and ended up hitting a tree but got a friendly bounce back into the fairway though too far back to try to get close on the second shot. I hit a 5 iron to leave myself about 130 yards in for my third shot. I had some wind at my back and hit a pitching wedge. This one had a great feel and high flight with a little fade. Landed pin high and it rolled out a bit with the slope of the green. Two putt par.

View from the right side of the green with the fairway to the left of the image. You can see my pitch mark where my divot tool is located in comparison to the ball.

The 7th hole is a straight and narrow par 4 with tree trouble both left and right. The fairway is wide at the beginning but tightens up around 250 yards out by large trees with overhanging branches. If you are left or right sides of the fairway you can be blocked out by these trees. I hit a terrible snap hook off the tee leaving myself with a tough chance of hitting the green from 156 on the left side of the fairway and a large grove of tall pine trees to get around. The green is elevated with a hill going up to the right and bunkers left that then slopes downhill to the 8th tee box. I decided to hit a 7 iron. Ball above my feet so it was helping to promote a draw ball flight. I setup for a high draw. I was surprised by how much ball movement that I got with the 2018 CSX on this shot. I was aiming about 15 yards right of the green hoping to hit a bit of a draw and either hit the slope above the green or land on the front. It ended up moving about 25 yards in the air and I missed the green left. I decided to try the same shot with the 2017 CSX and on the same line I ended up just short of the green right on line with the pin. I would say the 2018 moved twice as much on that shot as did the 2017 CSX.

The 8th is a downhill par three playing 153 to the pin. Hit a 9 iron fading it back into the breeze off the right. This is a large green with a healthy left to right slope with the pin to the right side. I hit one ball each with the 2017 and 2018 CSX.

Both hit the green to the left side with a good amount of spin, both backing up a fair amount and rolling out to the right about 20 or so feet.

You can see the two pitch marks where I put a tee in on the left of the image and the balls on the right where they finished. The ball further to the right is the 2018 CSX which appeared to spin a touch more than the 2017 version on this shot, I did catch it a groove lower though.

The 9th hole is a par 5 dog leg left and uphill into a healthy headwind. I hit a decent drive up the middle with a fade. Ended up on the right side of the fairway with the ball a bit above my feet. Had 245 left into the hole uphill into a strong wind. I hit 3 wood and it was a lovely penetrating ball flight straight at the pin. Came up 30 yards short right on line. This green is a long two tiered green. The pin was on the top tier. If you don't fly the ball all the way it will roll back down and off the front of the green. I hit the 60* high and landed soft with about 2 feet of rollout to about 10 feet.

After nine holes I was mostly enjoying the ball though to be honest I was having difficulty noticing much difference between the two versions of the CSX. I did notice the durability to be very good. Just a slight scuff and no cut marks. I feel like the CSX is superior to the Bridgestone balls in this regard.

The back nine I decided to play the B300 along side the 2018 CSX for some of the shots.

The 11th hole is a short par 4, reachable but hard to hold the green. I hit driver and landed just left of the green then rolled across and was 18 yards long off the back left of the green with a long chip running away from me. Chipped with the 52* and the ball again checked up quicker than I had anticipated and ended up with a par.

Not much else to report for the rest of the round. The course is nine holes but plays as 18 with different tee boxes. So no use in more photos. I wasn't playing great today, one over on the front and 4 over on the back (which usually plays a bit easier).

I will try to do some more testing with the ball and how it compares to the 2017 CSX, right now I am having a tough time noticing many differences for better or worse over the previous model, perhaps it will end up being more durable. I would like to hit a bunch of full shots on it with my 52* Nike wedge which has some really sharp grooves that love to cut up my Bridgestone balls. At this point I don't know if it will replace my current favorite (B330) but it will probably come down to price point between the two when purchasing next. I currently have a pack of B330's and 2 packs of the 2017 Chrome Soft X, so it will be a while before my next purchase.

Thanks for letting me test these balls out and I am happy to answer any questions.

Big thank you to Golfwrx for selecting me to be one of the members to test the Chrome X. I played 14 holes in the late afternoon with it yesterday and 18 today. The course was pretty empty yesterday and was able to do some side by side comparisons with the 2017 Pro V1X. I found that both balls were very similar in feel and spin off the wedges. Where the Chrome X outshines the Pro V1X (for me) is with shots into the wind. The Chrome X was consistently 10 - 15 yards longer on drives that were into a pretty stiff breeze. The ball flight for both balls with the driver were very similar but for some reason the Chrome X just seems to bore right through the wind. I recently purchased a couple boxes of the Bridgestone Tour B and will do a side by side comparison with them in the coming weeks. The durability of the Chrome X is on par with most of today urethane cover balls. Here is a picture of the ball after 32 holes. (Full disclosure, I hit a tree on 2 separate occasions.)

Thank you GolfWRX, mine have arrived. Looking forward to testing them.

I have rounds at Black Horse and Bayonet coming up. Will do a full on course report from those rounds. Planning on chipping and putting testing to start with.

Ping Rapture V2 10.5 deg
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Cobra F7 hybrid 22 deg
Srixon 765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52 & 58
Edel E-2

As others have stated, I want to express my extreme gratitude to Callaway and GolfWRX for providing a couple sleeves of the new ball for us to test. I was very excited receiving the notice and though I'm planning to do more extensive testing next week, I just wanted to share some initial thoughts.

About Me: I *was* a trending down single digit handicap (around 6 towards the end of the fall last year) until I had my first child and most of the practicing and consistent playing stopped. Even when I was playing my best I had an "average Joe" swing speed and didn't really crush the ball especially in this at around sea level here in Central Florida. Off the tee and the rest of the long game is where I need the most help and I've tried everything from the most premium of balls to the cheap 2 piece rocks to see where I can get help. My tendency is to launch the ball high with spin, and that can lead to ballooning issues.

What I need from a Golf Ball: The two things I need from a golf ball, predictability, and stable flight. I've never worried too much about high-end vs. low-end golf balls mostly because I feel as long as I know what the golf ball is going to do, I can plan for it. However, playing in winter/spring in Florida, there can be days where it gets annoyingly windy. I need a ball that has a stable ball flight that can fight through the wind a little bit.

Course Testing March 10th: Had an early morning tee time in cooler Florida weather when I tested the Chrome Soft against a Bridgestone Tour B RX and my normal winter ball the Wilson 50 Elite. There was a bit of wind so it was a good chance to test how stable the Chrome Soft was. My initial reactions after a few shots is the ball had a firm feel to it. Compared to the Bridgestone, I was noticing the driver flight was a bit higher, but the iron flight was a bit flatter. Gave me a couple of extra yards on some early wedges into the green. Specifically on the first hole, I hit a Pitching Wedge into the green and thought I short sided myself, but the Chrome Soft traveled a bit further than how I felt and I ended up about 4 yards past pin high on the green.

The course I play the most also has a short par 4 where the tees were moved way up. It was only 260 to cover the front and normally I wouldn't have the juice on a cold morning, but decided to pull driver out and see. The ball flight again off the driver was very high, but I got almost the carry I needed to land the ball on the green. You could say I was very pleased to get that type of result.

Around the greens I didn't notice a huge difference in spin on short chips and pitches. But I normally don't try "one hop stop" shots very often. Feeling off the putter felt nice though I want to do more testing when I get my new putter in a few days. Spin from the irons was a different story. This ball spins as much or more as any other premium ball I played off the irons. Par 3 I hit a 7 iron, again with a flatter trajectory than i'm used to, and it actually backed up a foot on me. I think I'm ok with that type of spin as long as there is the flatter trajectory and distance control.

But where I think I liked the ball the most today was being able to fight through the wind. It performed very well off the irons using that flatter ball flight to limit the effects of the wind. The biggest example I had today of this was hitting a second shot into the wind on a slightly uphill par 5 with a blind second shot into the green. If your tee ball isn't placed perfectly, you have to hit your second over some trees that narrow the fairway for a layup. 90% of the time into the wind I feel I get a hold of one only to come up 25 yards short of the green. This time, I had 221 to cover the front and when I get to the green, I was again pleasantly surprised.

Overall, I think the Chrome Soft is a really solid ball and ticks most all the boxes I like in a ball. I think the flight off the driver can be comparable to the TP5, but the iron flight seems to be much lower. I was able to get spin on normal wedge shots that flew a bit lower/flatter than the Tour B I was comparing it against. I'd love to get this ball back out to the chipping and putting greens to get a better feel when trying different shots and I certainly do another round of testing (perhaps against the Prov1) this upcoming week.

Edit: 3/19

After getting some more practice area short game testing done with the new Chrome Soft I really like the soft feel off the putter. I play and typically like a softer putter insert and the combination of the soft insert and the Chrome Soft gave me a nice quiet nose and feel off the putter blade. I felt I got equal amounts of "check" and "roll-out" with the Chrome Soft compared to the Bridgestone Tour B RX but I think just a hair softer with the Chrome Soft. Almost negligible feel.

I will be testing this new Chrome Soft against the Titleist Tour Soft in upcoming weeks and will edit with the results of who is the new soft ball king!

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

Was finally able to get out today to play 18. As I stated earlier, I have not played earlier iterations of the chromesoft. The mid irons were strange, driver was shorter, and wedges spun too much. Chipping was first, this time of year I tend to play more low checking/spinning shots, and less height stopping shots since there isn’t much grass to be able to get under the ball.

The shots below were three chromesofts(all at the top vs. a TM tour preffered X and a Srixon Z Star XV.

The Srixon and TM both ran out more, the chromesoft X was checking quite a bit more. I also noticed a much clickier feel from the Chromesofts on long putts vs. the other two.

Below again the chromesofts both checked up more(the two shots on the left), but this time i tried to play low "hooking" chip shots.

With wedges I always worry about too much spin, especially into the wind. Below was a full gap wedge into the wind. The ball hopped once to about 4 feet beyond the pin after landing pin high and then spun back to leave a 14 foot putt. What you cant see is the Srixon just to the right of this ball that hopped a few feet beyond the flag and spun back about 5 feet below it’s mark. The Srixon should have been even farther away from it’s mark since it had more slope.

The last picture here shows a dead hand/knock down shot with the chrome soft. It spun back about three feet.

A few side notes.....distance...carry distance at least seemed much improved over the previous chromesofts Ihave tried. Not just by a little bit either, this version is a MUCH better ball than earlier versions. Wind performance was also much improved, we had some gusts today and it performed admirably. Into thewind the best ball I have played is the Z Star XV. I think the Chromesoft X is just a spinnier ball than what i want which is why the into the wind shots had issues. I was able to move the chromesoft more left to right and right to left morethe other balls. Next test will be against the TP5X and the Snell MTB.

All in all after one round, i give it the thumbs up over the TM tour preffered X, but the Srixon ZStar XV is a better ball for me.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Tomorrow, will have the chance to play out with them on the course. Will update at that point.

As of now, I have continued to try these out short game wise, as this is always the biggest thing I have to adjust to.

I putted these against the Srixon XV (my current gamer), and I think I may like the feel of these Chrome Soft X better. They have a similar sound off the milled putter face. It's an audible click without being too hard. With that being said, the feel is a little softer off the face with the CSX, which I really, really like. At times, it's a little difficult to gauge how well you've hit it with the Srixon XV. With the CSX, however, the feel allows me to have a better chance of identifying where I hit it on the clubface. I really enjoyed that aspect of the ball.

So far, really like the ball so far. Will update when I get it out on the course.

First off I want to say a big thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway for the opportunity to be selected as a Callaway Chrome Soft X tester/reviewer. I have signed up for a few giveaways and never thought I would get selected and low and behold there was a PM in my inbox informing me I was winner. For those of you who have not joined as a member...come one its only $35 for the year and you get to participate in yearly giveaways and the fees go to a great cause.

Ok back to the subject to at hand - Callaway CSX injected with Graphene was the ball I was sent to test and provide a review about. I promise to be unbiased and truthful throughout the process.

Lets start off with Graphene and what is it? Graphene is the strongest material ever tested with an intrinsic strength of 130GPa = 18,854,906 psi. A quick search on google will show images of a hexagonal carbon structure elements - just like the dimple of a golf ball.

I first heard of this new injected CSX ball back in November '17 and was told that it may never come to the market because of the costs associated with what was only known at the time as "injected material"; which is Graphene. I was also hearing rumors of 5 to 10 yards distance gains, and I was like sure ok I will believe it when I test it. Such a disbeliever of the 7 to 10 yards distance gain claims that I hear and often chuckle to myself when I hear it every 18 to 24 months. Fast forward several months from November '17 to January '18 and all this buzz is being generated from the PGA that they need to scale the ball back and I was wondering if this had anything to do with this new injected ball and if the claims of increased distance where true.

So here we are with a fresh delivery of the new '18 CSX balls being in my possession and the first thing I thought to myself was how in the world can i tell the '16/'17 apart from the '18? I wanted to make sure I had the skinny on the details and the difference I found is the new '18 CSX has solid black arrows on each side the alignment script that says, "CHROME SOFT X".

This follows suit with how other ball manufactures change fonts to distinguish a new iteration to a subservient one and I believe Callaway nailed it on the head with the small change they made to distinguish the '18 CSX. The Chevron logo and Callaway Script looks identical from the previous iteration and I believe they should have lowered the Chevron logo and put the number in between the script and the Chevron…my 0.02. When looking at the hexagonal patterns from the side it brings up memories of the Callaway HX Tour from '05 - dimple changes that have evolved from then are quite elegant.

I would rate aesthetics of the ball at 8 out of 10 - color is vibrant white which I prefer, the numbering font bugs me for some reason, and I think the Callaway ball logo could use an overhaul.

So I had the chance to play this Saturday and took advantage. This portion of my review will be highly subjective since it is a playing review and I have no cold hard data to support my findings other than some random yardages.

Temperature was sub 50's and damp with an off and on spitting of rain. Wind was light to variable, I'd say 5-10 most of the day. Needless to say not the greatest conditions to judge length in but I will do my best to compare to rounds I have played this winter in similar conditions. I will break my initial review down into 4 sections Putting, Short Game, Irons and Driver then do my best to elaborate on my findings from there..

Putting: I started putting with 2 of the CSX's before heading to the range with is my general routine. Just a little something to try to knock of the cobwebs and get the blood flowing and feeling in my extremities started. To me the ball is soft, still much softer than any other premium tour ball I have played. Whether is be the "S" or "X" version. I have read reviews where people have commented they feel the same click from the CSX that they do with other premium balls and I just don't see how that's possible. Not saying its bad just different and its something I would need to get used to. I played well today and had plenty of opportunities, our greens roll around 11 but I had several birdie putts where I felt like I made my normal stroke and they came up short, dead in the heart. It always baffles me how pros talk about not being able to adjust to the speed of the green during a round, you would think a world class athlete would be able to adjust after a few holes but alas I suffered the same fate today. (PS I am not a world class athlete). I do like the feel, it is definitely soft as butter and an excellent sensation I just think it will take me a few practice sessions to get accustomed to it.

Short Game: This is one area where I feel the ball is a great improvement over previous iterations. One of the several reasons I hadn't played the ball in the past was because I felt I was able to get the short game spin on the ball I could with other balls. Im talking the little 10yd checkers or the 30-40 pitches to short sided pins where you needed that zip. I felt the ball performed on par with both the V1 and V1x I generally go back and forth between. The great thing about the ball was that while I was able to get the sort game spin I needed my full wedges were not over spinning with is something I struggle with. In that aspect the ball performed exactly as I needed. Its one of the reasons I went to the V1 this year, I found the V1x spun too much on full wedges. I did however find that the ball did fish scale a bit from some full wedge shots which I hadn't seen from other balls so I'd say durability may be slightly worse.

Irons: For my game this is where I saw the biggest difference compared to other balls. The CSX was noticeably 3-5 yards longer on carry than both the V1 and V1x from my past experiences. The feel was noticeably softer off of the face but to me you could tell that it was coming off faster. To the eye it also seemed to be spinning less and I had a few iron shots directly into the wind that flew farther than expected so I believe that to be the case. I lied the feel off the face, while it was noticeable softer it wasn't as soft at previous models and I felt like I was getting the right amount of feed back i needed. In the past the ball was too soft and it was harder to tell whether it was hit solid or not. I do like the performance would just need to get used to the distances and spin.

Driver: This is where the ball really excelled vs not only the previous models but the V1 and V1x I currently play. Kid of like with the irons I didnt like the how soft the ball felt off of the face of the driver. It really just felt like a marshmallow when I hit it an rarely could I claim "that ball was hammered" becasue I just never really knew. the '18 CSX is very different, it keeps that soft feel but really feels solid and explodes off of the face when hit solid. Giving that shotgun like audible sound that tickles your loins. You know its good when your playing partners/opponents speak in awe of the sound and flight a well struck drive achieves. I hit a few drives that were close to spots I reach in the middle summer with dryer conditions. One hole specifically is a 343yd par for that's not a "dogleg" per say but more of a right angle to green at the of the fairway. There is a large lake that starts in front of the tee box and runs to just short of a green side bunker and the green is skinny and parallel to that 90 degree angle from the fairway. I generally hit 5W down inside 100yds but have hit driver before and figured I would today. The fairways runs out at about 330 and to carry the lake in a direct line at the green I'd say its ~300. I have tried a few times and come very close but never cleared the water on that line. Today I would have, I kept it left of the green down the fairway but was pin high. Shooting it back to the tee I measured 327 and the pitch mark in the fairway was 3 yards short of where I ended up. It was a little down wind and the ball was smoked but to me it was a consistent pattern I saw throughout the day. Even in the conditions this ball was as long as both the V1 and V1x when playing in the summer. You can tell its faster off of the face, I'm just hoping the numbers prove me right.

Thats basically it for my initial subjective review. I do like the ball, I just need to get used to it on the greens and the distances with my irons. I will rent some time on a launch monitor this week and do a head to head against a few other tour balls for some objective findings.

Stay Tuned...

So I played Saturday and was able to compare the Chrome Soft (not the X) with the B330S, KSig, Tour Platinum and the Pro V1 (not the X).

Putter: I thought the CS was simply great, the closest ball was the B330S, then the ProV1...softer than the rest of the bunch, it was not clicky at all, even on missed hits it went the distance.

Short Game: on the practice area, the CS was very good, the B330S for me checked a bit better in almost every different shots I tried...bump and runs were actually impressive, my average was about 1-1.5 feet away from the hole, on pitch shots it was stopping right around the hole but it released a bit more than I was expecting, after a few shots I was able to adjust and it responded much better. On the course it performed much better, I was having a very good ball striking day, on approach shots I was spinning it back about a foot, the others were a bit more active, the B330S was spinning way too much on those, closer to 2.5-3 feet from the pitch mark, the Pro V1 was the closest to the CS here, they were almost the same where the ProV1 spun about the 2 feet at the most...in the wind the CS was almost non affected, same for the Pro V1 and the B330S, the KSig and the Nike would go a bit off line or just ballooned a bit too much ending short of target.

Irons: I really enjoyed the feel coming off the irons (I play the iBlade), it felt like a forged iron (if that makes sense), I didn't gained or lost any distance on well struck shots, I was getting my averages maybe a yard or so longer but the spin made up for it keeping it in the target zone, the ProV1 and the B330S were just as accurate where feel was the difference much softer with the CS...I am not sure if it was a bit too cold (47-52*) for the KSig and the Nike, they felt almost harsh and in turn they did not spin as well as they normally did for me during the summer or warmer months.

Driver: loved the feel and sound off the driver, long if not longer than the others, the V1 was almost the same distance, it did spin a bit more at times (saw a bit of ballooning with the V1), the B330S was not as long but very accurate, didn't go off line too bad (didn't lose any of the balls used for this comparison btw) on a hole (straight/wide Par5) that I can really go for it I teed up all of the golf balls, the Nike and the KSig were by far the longest, very straight, it hurt me because they ran through the fairway, the CS was the most accurate (all day) almost split the fairway, the V1 was about 3 yards shorter and just as accurate, the B330S was 7 yards back also in the middle of the fairway...

In closing, I think this new CS is a winner, I will get a few boxes and play it this season with it, I was very pleased with the overall performance of this golf ball, it did everything almost as good as I expected, I have a few boxes of the B330S, a box of KSigs, 2 boxes of the Nike and ProV1...I am going to do another comparison once the weather gets warmer and the ball can react to the best conditions, I also want to give the KSIg and the Nike a chance to redeem themselves, I played very well with them last summer...more to follow...