Pure745's WITB

Ive always played the X and still like the new X more. The only other ball I'm looking at this year is the new 4 piece Snell.

Did you compare it to the '17 V1?

Yea for some reason V1 tends to be the gift of choice from family members although I play the X. I spun the X more around the green and stopped there, I can’t sacrifice wedge spin although I’m a much lower spin player than you are.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Fellow #dadgolfer...spent the last 18 months messing with King Ltd, M2, CSx and TP5x and realised that predictable equipment isn’t a bad thing!

Pro V1x gets my vote due to all the things guys have mentioned above. If I were to play more British Open style courses then I’d probably sway toward V1.

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

Fellow #dadgolfer...spent the last 18 months messing with King Ltd, M2, CSx and TP5x and realised that predictable equipment isn’t a bad thing!

Pro V1x gets my vote due to all the things guys have mentioned above. If I were to play more British Open style courses then I’d probably sway toward V1.

I have always been an X player, tried other balls last year but still have so many X balls left older than 17' though.

If I was to buy I would go V1 since I mainly play links golf here in Scotland and Texas where it is supposedly windy.

you know what you get with Pro V and other balls you just don't get the consistency in the air.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Ive always played the X and still like the new X more. The only other ball I'm looking at this year is the new 4 piece Snell.

Did you compare it to the '17 V1?

New ProV is my favorite ball ever. I've never loves the flight or feel of the X, but was always annoyed about the distance gap between the two. Now this new ProV being every bit as long, feels incredible, I get all the spin imaginable greenside, putter feels amazing, and the new flight is very penetrating and never balloons. IMO best ball ever made, and I'm not a loyalist. I was playing the ZStar most recently before this change.

I play most of my golf in Texas so wind is a factor for me (20-30+ is not out of the norm). The 15 and 16 Prov1 X were much better balls in the wind IMO then the 17 V1X. Once I ran out of 16 V1X I went to the TPx which I was a big fan of. Those ran out and I’ve been playing the TP5x and once in awhile the Srixon XV. I will echo your thoughts on the 17 V1x spins much more on green side shots. I can play those closer to the hole and stop them and with the TP5x I have to leave more room for some release. I spent a little time with the 17 V1 and I liked the overall performance and window it flew in, it just wasn’t a great ball for me in the winds here.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSI2 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

My vote goes with the v1x.

I think you have a known quantity with that ball - it’s not going to do anything special, but in a strange way that’s it’s best attribute, it’s predictability.

The spin around the green seems very important to you, and I think the x is going to give you that. As you say, you might have to slightly readjust your wedge methods, but I think every ball will have its positives and negatives.

I’ve always thought that (within reason) the most important thing for a ball is that it has to feel right to the player around the green and putting - and we all want a slightly different feel. If the x does that, then I think you have a winner.

I experimented with the tp5x, but the distance control seemed very strange for me, and I preferred the feel of the v1x.

Don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

The '17 proV1 is based on the '15 left dot proto (I'd call the '17 version a kinder gentler left dot). Its a low launching, "heavy" flying golf ball. My friend on the PGA tour is a low spin guy and it wasn't a good fit for him. Couldn't hit partial wedges with it and hit a bunch of hanging curveballs with irons that never turned. He's been better with the X. Based on what I've seen, the X floats more, and if you're a guy who's trying to hit different shots the X is probably a good fit. I'm a high spin weekend warrior playing in soft conditions and a bunch of wind so the "'17 V1 is great for me. The only way the X is going to be longer with driver is if you need higher launch, because spin rates with driver are going to be close imo. And I'm no Titleist fanboy, but I never get surprised with a Titleist ball. I do get surprised with some of the other stuff (random 5 yard jumper, etc)

This is quality feedback. Interesting comparison on the heavy vs floaty. I do have to say I wonder who the friend is

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

2018 Cally Chrome? Seems to be doing well on tour. I have a box coming to try out....

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

2018 Cally Chrome? Seems to be doing well on tour. I have a box coming to try out....

We discussed it earlier today. Check bottom of the previous page.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

JMHO,

I've been playing the older Pro V1X for quite a few season mostly, and then had short stints with the Pro V1, but generally played the X and preferred them. Did the Titleist ball fitting trip last year, and hit both on Trackman and fit much better into the 17' Pro V1 with lower spin, and flight its worked out to be the best ball for "me". Personally I did not see X flying farther than V off the driver like I thought I someone post earlier.

Like someone else mentioned maybe try the new Snell that was just released last week. They now offer a black (lower spin), and red (higher spinning short-mid irons). Both are supposed to play basically identical off the driver. Also the black core compression was lowered now as well for lower spin off the driver. They are doing test dozens for like $31 shipped and it come with 2 sleeves of and 2 red sleeves.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :drinks:

I'm going to swap a dozen of my X's out for some V1's. I tinkered with one today during a normal round on the last hole.. hit two balls equally pure from 93 yards which was a low flighted 54 degree for me (my 115 club) the end result was the X closer to the hole at 5 feet and the V1 at about 6 feet. Noticeably more spin in the X, both feel good, tee shots with the X and V1 seemed good, with the V1 seeming to be lower spin in everything. I think the V1 is the way I'm leaning, I'm going to put a dozen in play and see how I like it. The most important thing for me is the action around the greens and the performance from 85-110, from there iron play and driver I'm always going to have enough distance, I just want it consistent. Going to do more side to side comparisons on the course and should figure it out soon. I've also found the X spinning a LOT is a gift and a curse.. sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts. With my new irons coming in, I'm hoping to drop the spin down a bit more consistently so getting this stuff fine tuned again is fun, my game is tightening up and it's taken a while since the crazy 2017 we had :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Have you tried the new Bridgestone balls?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

When I got fit at TPI the fitter recommended V1 over X for me. Said the X can really spin up. For the last few months I went away from the Pro v1 and have been playing the Srixon XV and TM offerings. I put a Pro V1 back in play this weekend and I saw some wedge action I haven’t experienced in a while. Definitely switching back.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

No.. it's between the TP5x and one of the ProV1 offerings.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :drinks:

I'm going to swap a dozen of my X's out for some V1's. I tinkered with one today during a normal round on the last hole.. hit two balls equally pure from 93 yards which was a low flighted 54 degree for me (my 115 club) the end result was the X closer to the hole at 5 feet and the V1 at about 6 feet. Noticeably more spin in the X, both feel good, tee shots with the X and V1 seemed good, with the V1 seeming to be lower spin in everything. I think the V1 is the way I'm leaning, I'm going to put a dozen in play and see how I like it. The most important thing for me is the action around the greens and the performance from 85-110, from there iron play and driver I'm always going to have enough distance, I just want it consistent. Going to do more side to side comparisons on the course and should figure it out soon. I've also found the X spinning a LOT is a gift and a curse.. sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts. With my new irons coming in, I'm hoping to drop the spin down a bit more consistently so getting this stuff fine tuned again is fun, my game is tightening up and it's taken a while since the crazy 2017 we had :)

I haven’t seen the V1 spinning less with the longer clubs. I think it launches lower, but off the tee I found higher launch w/ the X but same spin. X definitely spins more off the wedges.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

I used to play the prov’s before and on the wind they were noticeably shorter than the tp5x and after some testing I really enjoy the Bridgestone b330/b330s here in Wisconsin. Greens typically aren’t firm so I can get away with playing a firmer ball.

TaylorMade QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

TaylorMade stealth plus 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Taylormade stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

I can’t tell the difference between the TP x and Vx. I say play which ever one you can get a better deal on because they are both great ?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I can't tell the difference between the TP x and Vx. I say play which ever one you can get a better deal on because they are both great

The problem is that I can actually tell a big difference :) Just when I was settling in with my TP5x I put a ProV in play and that spin around the greens got me :) Now that their similar price with the buy 3 get 1 free deal, I'm back to the ProV. :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Because it's raining and I'm watching Tiger :)

3 wood: Doing a little tinkering. Atmos 8TX is a beast of a shaft, it's been really good off the tee, but off the deck it's a little demanding if I'm not swinging the best. I got in a few contenders to mess with, tour issue Fuji 857's - Evo 2 and 3. The 3 should be solid, but I'll test them both on the course to see what's going on. The W80 was money in my old Nike head, so I might go that route if I'm not happy with the Fuji's. Couple 917 tour heads to try as well.. probably sticking with the F2 though.

IMG_5805.jpg

ProV1 vs. V1x

Have a dozen of each, played my former home track with the V1 and the greens are about as hard as I've ever seen them (not in a good way) and I've logged hundreds of rounds there. The V1 was stopping and performing like the TP5X on these greens, off the tee and irons it was solid. Chipping seemed to just be "whatever". The results weren't what I wanted to so I put the V1x in play on the back, a huge difference in spin. Much better on these rock hard greens.

Round 2: used the V1 at my current home course, greens are recovering from being punched but starting to get good, so 4-5 weeks off of a punch I think? Slight bumps but softer and faster. The V1 was really good, lots of spin around the greens, plenty of spin on approach shots and did well in the wind. The V1x would have been really bad in these conditions. Decided I like the softer feel around the greens and off the putter, off driver I found my misses slightly better with the V1. One of my friends has been on and off the Web.com and has been a long time V1x guy has the V1 in play for the first time ever he said.

I'm going with the V1. To me it seems like a TP5x that spins more around the greens. Very happy with it and feel comfortable with the decision. For conditions where the greens are really hard and not receptive I'll either have to slightly adjust or put the V1x in play. Where I am located, these are the firmest I've seen greens, so basically an anomaly for my area.

My irons are shipping soon so should have my bag setup within the next few weeks. :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Because it's raining and I'm watching Tiger :)

3 wood: Doing a little tinkering. Atmos 8TX is a beast of a shaft, it's been really good off the tee, but off the deck it's a little demanding if I'm not swinging the best. I got in a few contenders to mess with, tour issue Fuji 857's - Evo 2 and 3. The 3 should be solid, but I'll test them both on the course to see what's going on. The W80 was money in my old Nike head, so I might go that route if I'm not happy with the Fuji's. Couple 917 tour heads to try as well.. probably sticking with the F2 though.

IMG_5805.jpg

ProV1 vs. V1x

Have a dozen of each, played my former home track with the V1 and the greens are about as hard as I've ever seen them (not in a good way) and I've logged hundreds of rounds there. The V1 was stopping and performing like the TP5X on these greens, off the tee and irons it was solid. Chipping seemed to just be "whatever". The results weren't what I wanted to so I put the V1x in play on the back, a huge difference in spin. Much better on these rock hard greens.

Round 2: used the V1 at my current home course, greens are recovering from being punched but starting to get good, so 4-5 weeks off of a punch I think? Slight bumps but softer and faster. The V1 was really good, lots of spin around the greens, plenty of spin on approach shots and did well in the wind. The V1x would have been really bad in these conditions. Decided I like the softer feel around the greens and off the putter, off driver I found my misses slightly better with the V1. One of my friends has been on and off the Web.com and has been a long time V1x guy has the V1 in play for the first time ever he said.

I'm going with the V1. To me it seems like a TP5x that spins more around the greens. Very happy with it and feel comfortable with the decision. For conditions where the greens are really hard and not receptive I'll either have to slightly adjust or put the V1x in play. Where I am located, these are the firmest I've seen greens, so basically an anomaly for my area.

My irons are shipping soon so should have my bag setup within the next few weeks. :drinks:

How do u like the AD TP 8tx?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

How do u like the AD TP 8tx?

It's solid, what you'd expect from GD. My favorite from GD have been the TP and GP. I've been all over the board with shafts but seem to always gravitate towards Fuji, Mitsu, or GD. Generally can find something good from either of those brands that fit my swing.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

The TP 7TX in the driver, I keep going back to after I tinker. Other Shafts may produce a longer more "wow" type tee ball at times but I'll be damned if the consistencies of the GD TP shaft are just always there. I am a amateur unlike many WRX Pro's and my misses just always are better with the TP. GD Makes some great stuff. Not for everyone but great for me. Right now the battle is still occurring(true wrx style) between the TP and a KK DC XT. :busted_cop:

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Agree that the TP is so good, personally my favorite in the Tour AD line. Really surprises me that it hasn't showed up in Tour bags in greater numbers.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I broke down and joined Instagram today. Was trying to keep it with just Facebook for friends and family as far as social media but I’ve been missing out. You’ve got some sweet pictures on there! It’s also easy to follow golf chicks without getting questioned by the Mrs. :)

To keep this on subject I really like the TP too but will need to try an X as I’m getting faster over the winter, the 6s wasn’t cutting it any more. I’ve got a couple IZ shafts for some reason, hit those yet?

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I broke down and joined Instagram today. Was trying to keep it with just Facebook for friends and family as far as social media but I've been missing out. You've got some sweet pictures on there! It's also easy to follow golf chicks without getting questioned by the Mrs. :)

To keep this on subject I really like the TP too but will need to try an X as I'm getting faster over the winter, the 6s wasn't cutting it any more. I've got a couple IZ shafts for some reason, hit those yet?

Thanks! You're exactly right re: the IG chicks.. golf chicks are the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately lol! :censored2: Personally hate Facebook, my feed gets cluttered up with politics and garbage. Slippery slope with social media, and even posting reviews on WRX, I've been trolled by more people on here than I can count. Even guys I thought were cool end up.. not :) IG is way more fun for me, you can post pictures and just be done with it, look at and read what you want, and move on past the stuff you don't.. very simple. WRX by nature is more interactive with opinions and text and inevitably discussions can go downhill fast. PM me your name on IG, you should eventually start posting, you'll find yourself on it all the time unfortunately! :to_become_senile:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

The TP 7TX in the driver, I keep going back to after I tinker. Other Shafts may produce a longer more "wow" type tee ball at times but I'll be damned if the consistencies of the GD TP shaft are just always there. I am a amateur unlike many WRX Pro's and my misses just always are better with the TP. GD Makes some great stuff. Not for everyone but great for me. Right now the battle is still occurring(true wrx style) between the TP and a KK DC XT. :busted_cop:

I feel your pain!

After thinking more about the fitting, I think I'm going to go with the LZ 6.5 hard stepped 3-PW and regular 6.5 in the rest of my set. The thought of hitting the PX's and how they load/harshness just makes my hand cringe :) I loved the way the LZ's felt and they made hitting the clubs a joy rather me bracing for impact with the PX's. The numbers were better with the PX, but I'm hoping hard stepping the LZ's will knock the spin down a touch and in my mind, brings them pretty spot on to what would work well. I hit the PX's pretty high to be fair, so I didn't find the LZ's exceptionally higher.

Thoughts?

Bag would be:

718 TMB 3i

718 CB 4-6

718 MB 7-9

SM7 Raw 46F all with PX LZ 6.5 hard stepped

SM7 Raw 50F, 54S (or 54V) and SM6 60V with PX LZ 6.5

Jumping in a bit late here. As a long time AP2 player (710-714 models) What are you thoughts on the 718 model? My main concern is the forgiveness of 718 vs prior models I played? It seems the 718 went a little more "players" but sort of left me without a place to go. Or am I off here? I know I need to get out and test more. My biggest complaint with the 714's was they liked to go left on me. Fun following your stuff man!

SM6 V Grind (left) vs SM7 D Grind (right) - for those wondering how the grinds compare.

IMG_5738.jpg

How does the V play vs the D? Looks very similar but with more heel/toe relief on the V. Is your plan to move to the D on the SM7?

Titleist TS3 9.5 Tour AD UB 6x
Titleist TS3 15 Tour AD DI 7x
Titleist 917 F2 18 Tour AD DI 8x or U500 3 AMT White
Titleist T100 4-9 AMT White
Vokey SM8 46.10F SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08F DG Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350gm