An up to date hybrid shaft thread

mtg

After 3 rounds with the Project X EvenFlow Black 85 (x-flex), I'm in love.

I gamed the Matrix Altus Tour prior to this, and the EvenFlow feels like a significant upgrade.

The balance of the shaft is extremely good and really provides acute club head feel for me.

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
TM MG 54º •• DG S200
Mizuno T20 60º/06º •• DG S400
Toulon Atlanta 35"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started to strike everything really well on the back 9 yesterday (second round of the season), shot 1 over 37 with 20-25 mph winds. Every club in the bag performed exceptionally, just love the 18's and new wood shafts.

The greens even sucked so scoring was difficult.

Sorry for the derail OP, just get excited talking about the Tensei Pro.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

The Pro White 90 is great. I hit it multiple times today, love the flight, not too low, not too high. I am not a high swing speed guy, so just got the 90s, and did not tip it. I think I am going to like this a lot, really liked it from the tee.

These Tensei Pro shafts are for real, they literally help keep the ball in a tighter pattern, even on slight misses. This is my first foray into more exotic shafts, glad I picked these.

The Orange is f----- awesome!!!!

Pro blue in my hybrid and I love it. I went tx flex and tipped it. Most anti left hybrid I've ever swung. You're dead on with the dispersion comment. These shafts are legit.

Tensei line is the unquestioned king for us. We sell more Tensei Pro line than anything else by a pretty wide margin.

Trying....not....to....buy....a....pro...blue...for....the...driverrrrrr

The ... are all representative of my struggle to not ho. Kind of like banner trying to keep the hulk at bay.

I started to strike everything really well on the back 9 yesterday (second round of the season), shot 1 over 37 with 20-25 mph winds. Every club in the bag performed exceptionally, just love the 18's and new wood shafts.

The greens even sucked so scoring was difficult.

Sorry for the derail OP, just get excited talking about the Tensei Pro.

No worries bud. I can relate to Dr. Bruce above there; I just know I'm going to buy a Pro Orange at some point this season - even though I'm super pumped about my current setup.

TSR3 10* | Hzrdus Black Gen4 60TX 

Titleist TS3 3w | Diamana DF 70TX

Ping i525 3 iron | DG 120 X100 

Callaway Apex MB '18 5-Pw | DG X100 

Vokey SM8 52F, SM9 56F, SM7 60L | DG S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow

Don't think shafts have changed much....new label and paint

If it worked 5 or 10 yrs ago it is still a great shaft

757 speeder (motore, and others too), tour ad, aldila NV series, Diamana blueboards, etc all have been around for along time and still relevant

If it fits you it fits..... I play 10 yr old iron shafts....dg x100 is most popular shaft on tour and been around for century....

Play oban kiyoshis in wood /driver and those have even been around over 5 yrs plus....

is there a detailed tensei blue hybrid review anywhere?

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

here is my list of hybrid shafts to demo, any help would be appreciated. Currently have aldila tour blue 85S, 86 grams

1. Oban revenge 85s, 92 grams

2. Tensei Blue 80s, 79 grams

3. Oban Devotion S-04, 86 grams

4. VA slay 85s, 84 grams

5. VA raijin 84s, 74 grams

i love my oban gold 3 wood shaft, that is why oban/VA is on the list, thanks

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

AD HY and AD DI hybrid shafts are on my radar, currently play the Tour Blue in my 4H and Tour Green in my 5H....

Out of curiosity, do you see much difference in ball flight between your two hybrids 4 and 5 with Tour Blue in the 4 and Tour Green in the 5?

I normally like to have my 22*(4H) launch a bit lower, so I have a diamana thump, but it's not really a low, maybe more of a mid-low for me.

I have a higher launching shaft in my 25* which replaces my 24* 4 iron as I will use that more often on approaches.

clearly your 5H will launch higher than your 4H, curious as to why you chose blue for lower loft and green for higher loft.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

AD HY and AD DI hybrid shafts are on my radar, currently play the Tour Blue in my 4H and Tour Green in my 5H....

Out of curiosity, do you see much difference in ball flight between your two hybrids 4 and 5 with Tour Blue in the 4 and Tour Green in the 5?

I normally like to have my 22*(4H) launch a bit lower, so I have a diamana thump, but it's not really a low, maybe more of a mid-low for me.

I have a higher launching shaft in my 25* which replaces my 24* 4 iron as I will use that more often on approaches.

clearly your 5H will launch higher than your 4H, curious as to why you chose blue for lower loft and green for higher loft.

Sent u PM on this....blue was too high launching for me in my 5H.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

The Pro White 90 is great. I hit it multiple times today, love the flight, not too low, not too high. I am not a high swing speed guy, so just got the 90s, and did not tip it. I think I am going to like this a lot, really liked it from the tee.

These Tensei Pro shafts are for real, they literally help keep the ball in a tighter pattern, even on slight misses. This is my first foray into more exotic shafts, glad I picked these.

Pro blue in my hybrid and I love it. I went tx flex and tipped it. Most anti left hybrid I've ever swung. You're dead on with the dispersion comment. These shafts are legit.

Tensei line is the unquestioned king for us. We sell more Tensei Pro line than anything else by a pretty wide margin.

The ... are all representative of my struggle to not ho. Kind of like banner trying to keep the hulk at bay.

The shaft is the most important part of the golf club. Stick a Synergy Black or Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT in any head and I'll figure out a way to control it within 5 swings. It's all about balance point, weight and profile being right for your swing. Without that, consistent contact is significantly more challenging.

The shaft is the most important part of the golf club. Stick a Synergy Black or Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT in any head and I'll figure out a way to control it within 5 swings. It's all about balance point, weight and profile being right for your swing. Without that, consistent contact is significantly more challenging.

Couldn't agree more. Had this exact conversation with my uncle this past weekend too. I really like the rogue 125msi in my driver so I'm going to resist the urge to buy a pro blue for the driver.

I have the Altus in my 4h and a regular Tensei blue in the 3h. Now that I've had a little bit of swing change action this year, I'm starting to over power the shafts a little bit. The weights feel perfect (90 and 80g range respectively) but the tips feel a bit active.

I may throw down for a fairway wood and hybrid fitting this year to see if some more "high end" shafts could benefit me. I wasn't really a believer in high end vs low end but I ended up in a high end driver shaft and it's so much better than my old $80 one. I know Tom Wishon gas gone on saying how it's not a thing (the high vs low end debate) but anecdotally, I feel it has made a difference for me thus far.

Interested in Tensei pro blue and/or AD-DI, possibly pro white but I worry spin could be too low. Will let the numbers make that call.

I'm a big fan of the older 904HB and 8D07HB. But ACCRA Tour Zx Hybrid is the tightest dispersion I've used without feeling dead like an iron shaft. I'm still on the Axiv XH85, but if it's not broke....

Would like to give the KBS Prototype a go in my DI as it was impressive in a few demos I've tried.

TSR4 9*(A2), Diamana PD 60TX 45.5 (testing) Smoke 💎💎💎9*

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41"

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i

T24 54.08D, Callaway Jaws Raw 60.08C, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34"  Mizuno RB X or Callaway Tour X

• 10 months later...

Loved the 904hb, then the px hb6 97g 7.0, and now the Matrix hq3 Red X

I've hit the AD DI 95x in t-mb long irons and loved it

Gotta find and try an Oban it seems

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

MCA OT Hybrid or Tensei Pro Blue. Virtually identical playability with a subtle difference in feel.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I’m REALLY struggling to find a driiving iron shaft.

I have a Pro Orange 70TX in both my Driver and 3 wood and flat out love it. Problem is, I can’t find a suitable shaft for my UDI 2 iron. I have the Pro White 100TX and it feels way too boardy in the middle of the shaft. I feel like I have to swing out of my shoes to square the face. I’ve also tried the Aldila Rip Tour 90 (meh feel) and the HZRDUS 85 6.5 flex (too light). Neither work for me.

If you like the Pro Orange profile, what would be a good hybrid/driving iron shaft?

I'm REALLY struggling to find a driiving iron shaft.

I have a Pro Orange 70TX in both my Driver and 3 wood and flat out love it. Problem is, I can't find a suitable shaft for my UDI 2 iron. I have the Pro White 100TX and it feels way too boardy in the middle of the shaft. I feel like I have to swing out of my shoes to square the face. I've also tried the Aldila Rip Tour 90 (meh feel) and the HZRDUS 85 6.5 flex (too light). Neither work for me.

If you like the Pro Orange profile, what would be a good hybrid/driving iron shaft?

I've heard the 100TX is a beast. TollBros has stated on here he fits most into the 90TX over the 100.

I'd try the 90TX. If not that...maybe Evenflow Black 85X could work.

As for me, I'm going to be putting an Aldila Tour Blue 85X in my 818 in the coming weeks. The Proforce V2 is just kind of meh. The yellow is distracting and I don't love the feel hugely. I'll post some thoughts once I get the club built.

Loved the 904hb, then the px hb6 97g 7.0, and now the Matrix hq3 Red X

I've hit the AD DI 95x in t-mb long irons and loved it

Gotta find and try an Oban it seems

What'd you think of the profile on the PX hb6. I have the 6.5 version of that shaft sitting around (HC1 or whatever). I've wanted to put it in a DI for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I played KBS hybrid proto for a good chunk of this past season in my driving iron. Its a really good performer. Medium flex in the handle (definitely the softest part of the profile), gets firmer into the mid and has a pretty stiff tip. Just enough play to feel like its not going to hit frozen ropes. But its a lowish launcher for me. I had the 85x, which did play a hair light for my preference - but they build them to play to flex even at the lighter weight. FWIW mine snapped just below the hosel. Weird that KBS has tip bending issues with their steel shafts and this happened in the graphite. Like I said its a good shaft. I'm going to find something new this season though.

TSR3 10* | Hzrdus Black Gen4 60TX 

Titleist TS3 3w | Diamana DF 70TX

Ping i525 3 iron | DG 120 X100 

Callaway Apex MB '18 5-Pw | DG X100 

Vokey SM8 52F, SM9 56F, SM7 60L | DG S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...