Baffler F6 that good?

Norboo

Cobra has these on their outlet page, they only list the stock offering. I have a 3/4 with chrome + so I really wanted the baffler with the same setup. I called Cobra and asked if they would sell me one with the Chrome +. I was told to purchase the stock set up and they would send me a chrome + with the grip I use MMC +4 midsize for no additional charge, thats customer service!

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

Cobra has these on their outlet page, they only list the stock offering. I have a 3/4 with chrome + so I really wanted the baffler with the same setup. I called Cobra and asked if they would sell me one with the Chrome +. I was told to purchase the stock set up and they would send me a chrome + with the grip I use MMC +4 midsize for no additional charge, thats customer service!

I could have just got one new for the money I spent on mine being built. Life and learn.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

I called and asked but got shot down. The reason they sent you the shaft separate is because the affords are in a different location as stock setups and they don’t have anymore heads at the custom shop to build. So they sent you the full club and then sent you a shaft from the other location. They didn’t extend that offer to me though.

I played 18 the other day and hit the baffler 9 times. The only other clubs with that kind of play time is my driver, putter and 64* wedge. Loving this club. Sucks off the tee though. But stick it in some wet thick stuff and the ball just goes. My 64* is my get out of jail around the greens and this is my get out of jail everywhere else.

I called and asked but got shot down. The reason they sent you the shaft separate is because the affords are in a different location as stock setups and they don’t have anymore heads at the custom shop to build. So they sent you the full club and then sent you a shaft from the other location. They didn’t extend that offer to me though.

I played 18 the other day and hit the baffler 9 times. The only other clubs with that kind of play time is my driver, putter and 64* wedge. Loving this club. Sucks off the tee though. But stick it in some wet thick stuff and the ball just goes. My 64* is my get out of jail around the greens and this is my get out of jail everywhere else.

I don’t play mine off a tee. Give it a try. Worked for me, can hit any shot I want with it off the deck

Thats exactly how it happened, all of their outlet products are in a different location so they couldn't just grab me a head and install the chrome + on it before shipping. It doesn't appear that Cobra is continuing to offer the Chrome + as an upgrade maybe they were happy to get another one out the door. Either way I must have found a rep in a good mood, guess I got lucky, maybe its pay back for all the Cobra products I've bought off the shelf.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

I don’t play mine off a tee. Give it a try. Worked for me, can hit any shot I want with it off the deck

Yeah, that’s what I found with mine. I have moved it back as my 5W and added a 3W back in the bag. 17.5* with this thing and it’s like hitting a wedge out the rough. I’ve tried to hit it fat and it still goes 85%.

Just picked one up used. Have tried a few settings, but currently my only fw set at 16 degrees. It's really wet here this time of year, baffler is terrific on soft conditions. No point in carrying my dymo quad keel 13 degree 3+ right now. We'll see when it drys out...the 13 can reach par 5s with roll, like a fw driver. OTOH I've thrown away strokes before by hitting stray fw shots...a lot to be said for knowing where it's going. I don't really need a long fw off the tee...hitting driver straight enough.

My driver ss is 105 and while the stock red tie stiff feels a smidgen light, it's not breaking down. I play it a couple inches back of my usual 3 wood ball position and hit it dead straight. Might try a slightly heavier shaft or leave well enough alone.

I wish I had a 3+ I felt that good about from the fairway. The dymo quad keel 3+ is inexplicably good for me when it's dry. Maybe the F8+ is better. A lot of the magic is the shorter shaft length though and F8+ is 43". I wish they made a roughly 13-14 degree baffler at 42" length.

Just picked one up used. Have tried a few settings, but currently my only fw set at 16 degrees. It's really wet here this time of year, baffler is terrific on soft conditions. No point in carrying my dymo quad keel 13 degree 3+ right now. We'll see when it drys out...the 13 can reach par 5s with roll, like a fw driver. OTOH I've thrown away strokes before by hitting stray fw shots...a lot to be said for knowing where it's going. I don't really need a long fw off the tee...hitting driver straight enough.

My driver ss is 105 and while the stock red tie stiff feels a smidgen light, it's not breaking down. I play it a couple inches back of my usual 3 wood ball position and hit it dead straight. Might try a slightly heavier shaft or leave well enough alone.

I wish I had a 3+ I felt that good about from the fairway. The dymo quad keel 3+ is inexplicably good for me when it's dry. Maybe the F8+ is better. A lot of the magic is the shorter shaft length though and F8+ is 43". I wish they made a roughly 13-14 degree baffler at 42" length.

Shorten the F8+ and you have a 3/4 baffler.

Shorten the F8+ and you have a 3/4 baffler.

Unfortunately I've had limited success shortening clubs...not one club out of about 40-50 in my three bags plus laying in my trunk are shorter than standard. I use lead tape routinely, special head wts, heavier shafts etc I'm 6'4" 235 and tend to play over standard length partly to achieve proper heft. Cutting down clubs always seems to change the character of the club for me in a bad way. The F6 baffler is designed short and works well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got this thing on the course last weekend, and it was one of the few highlights in an otherwise rough round. I have mine set at 19 with a matrix code 8 shaft in it. It complements my f7 3 wood so well. It has taken the 5 wood spot in my bag and falls right in next to the 4 iron well. I love the heavy head, compact look and ease out of the junk. This thing will probably be my favorite club In the bag over the season

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

• 2 weeks later...

Best club in the bag PERIOD. They will have to pry this thing from my cold dead hands. I tried to replace it with the M2 tour HL but it was too high. I tried a bunch of hybrids and only one of them came close to the distance and control i have with this club (tour exotics hybrid). This thing is a gem. I have the Aldila Rogue Black shaft in it. I'm thinking of switching to the Hzrdus yellow. Other than that, this club is the s***!

Driver - Ping G430 9.0*  Mitsubishi Diamana ZF Series 60 stiff 
3W - Ping G425 Max  Mitsubishi Diamana ZF Series 70 stiff 

7W - Ping G425 Max  Mitsubishi Diamana ZF Series 70 stiff 

4 Hybrid - Ping G425 AD DI 95S
Irons - Ping i525 Black dot Project x IO S
Wedges -Vokey Wedgeworks SM9 54* & 58* Modus 115 S
Putter - Lajosi PTriple Protoype

Question for all you baffler fanatics.

Are you playing a heavy fwy shaft in your baffler or hybrid shaft? Play mine as a 5wd.

I pulled an old aldila ahina shaft from a 910F to put in mine and it’s worked well just curious what others have done.

I don’t know a lot in terms of the difference between a fwy and hybrid shaft other than weight.

Lower launch? Shorter length?

Thanks in advance.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

I tried the baffler when it first came out and I enjoyed hitting it quite a bit. I've always chosen long irons over lofted woods and they didn't have any shafts I liked so I didn't end up gaming one. I kind of regretted that after they were discontinued and decided to make a baffler out of the new f8+ 4-5 fwy because head size is so similar and it has the rails. Ordered it short of standard to 41.75 (same as f6 baffler) and had them adjust the swing weight to stock.

I got mine a couple weeks ago and all I can say is wow! Most versatile club I've ever had in the bag. Somehow works equally well out of the rough and off the tee. For someone who has never even owned a 5 wood I'm really wishing they made this in a 7 wood. I think that says something! If you are like me and dislike hitting it lofted metals and hit them too high, give this a shot! At it's size it's almost more hybrid than fairway but it doesn't have the left tendency most hybrids do.

... I have been playing a Yardbird Tour Aeroburner that I have been content playing for about 4 years now but kind of a love/hate relationship and always looking for something equally solid that provided a higher trajectory without adding spin. Not a F6 but the F8 5/6 shortened to 42.5* with a 75gm Even Flow Blue has just blown me away. So easy to hit from any lie with the baffler rails and gives me exactly what I was looking for ... a higher trajectory without added spin. This revolving spot in my bag is final solidified and I will not even be looking at fairway woods until I wear this F8 out.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Played my first round with the Baffler over the weekend, and this thing is a keeper. I haven't played a 5 wood in 14 years, and decided to swap my TMB 3 iron for the baffler.

I have some heavier shafts in my ebay cart, but I was pleasantly surprised with the stock shaft in X flex. I was able to flight it high/low depending on how much of a descending blow I put on it, and was able to reach a couple of par 5's in two off a 230 carry. Didn't even bother putting this club on a tee, and I was blasting shots with a ton of confidence off the deck on shorter par 4s. This club has been an eye-opener for me.

Titleist TSR3 10* Tensei 1k Black 7x 44.5"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* Tensei 1k Black 7x 42.5"

Cobra F6 Baffler 19.5* Diamana Blueboard 8x 41.25"

Titleist U505 4i Tensei 1k Black 8x

Titleist T100 5i-9i Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 46F/50F/54F/60M Project x 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Cobra legitimately created on of the all time fairways with this club. It falls in the elite category with the V-Steels of the world, 07 burner tps of the world and rbzs of the world. A true game changer that greats so much versatility and innovation the likes we have not seen in several years now.

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Hoosier I couldn’t agree more. Love my Baffler.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Best club in the bag PERIOD. They will have to pry this thing from my cold dead hands. I tried to replace it with the M2 tour HL but it was too high. I tried a bunch of hybrids and only one of them came close to the distance and control i have with this club (tour exotics hybrid). This thing is a gem. I have the Aldila Rogue Black shaft in it. I'm thinking of switching to the Hzrdus yellow. Other than that, this club is the s***!

Did you try it against the traditional 15* M2?

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

So mine just arrived today ..hours before a blizzard is set to dump a foot of snow on Massachusetts! So how do you all like to setup your weights/loft with it ? I'm keeping my 14 degree 3 wood in the bag to use off the tee on 1 or 2 holes per round . Plan on taking out my 18 degree hybrid and replace it with the baffler.

I liked mine so much I bought a second one for a backup. I have mine set at 17.5 with a HZRDUS Black 75 and play it at 42.5. I carry it about 240-250. I use it of the tee a lot since I can work it both ways with ease. I have finally found the perfect fairway wood.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

Pulled the trigger on 1 today. See if it can take the spot of my 2 hybrid

Gamer/Backup
Driver: PING G410 LST 9 w/ EF Black 6.5; Cobra LTD PRO w/ Speeder 661 iv and Cobra F8+ with Evenflow Blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff; 
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5; Titleist 915 2H
3H- Titleist 915 2H dialed up in loft to 19; Ping G with Evenflow Blue 85 6.0
4 iron: G400 Crossover; G400 green dot CFS stiff, It's stamped 5 iron but power spec at 22* I use it as 4 iron; N/A
5-PW: Ping i15 green dot AWT stiff; PXG 0211 w/ Elevate Tour VSS Pro stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm8 2 up; 52/12 F Vokey SM7
58/12 d: Vokey sm8 2 up; 58/12 d Vokey sm7 
Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum; Ping Anser Milled 5; Nike Method Matter B2-05
Ball: Wilson FG Tour

Ok. Finally got to hit my new F6 baffler at my lesson today . Just hitting off a mat I can tell it's going to get thru the turf with ease ..the effect of the rails is instantly noticeable. I had it set at 16 degrees with weight forward. On Trackman I was hitting it 230 with super high flight but not over spinning. Spin numbers were around 3300 -3500. It is so easy to hit!! Going to love this club .

Been looking around on eBay for one to try and they are few to be found and expensive. Must be keepers. Any comments on this vs a f8?

It would compare more with F8+. I haven’t hit one yet. F6 is so good I really don’t want to replace it anytime soon.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1