Bridgestone Tour B X-CB irons

theshadow1971

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try rakuten in japan. Search which stores could send to the US.

Some may not send to the US. The get around is buy and send to a Japanese mailing service and fwd onto the US.

Here is a link for Atomic Golf one of the most well known golf shops on rakuten and well known to many on WRX.

But looking at their page they may not send to the US.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/atomicgolf/item/1705-axvr/

• 1 month later...

I was getting fit for a set of MP18's when I discovered this X-CB by accident. I was raving about the MP-18, but it wasn't the MP-18 SC I thought I was hitting...it was the X-CB. I have the j15 mb's and know how great an Endo forged iron feels, but these are crazy good. I proceeded with the fitting since we were already half finished and I just ordered on Rakuten (S300 and all custom spec's) 5-PW for $725, including shipping. The best price I could get here was nearly twice that, since the US market can only be ordered 4-PW, with a fitting. I never thought I'd say that I hit something that felt better than my J15's but these are it. They look much better in hand than in the ad photos but still a weird looking design to me...but they work. Believe me, going from the most beautiful blade ever imho (J15MB) to this, there had to be a reason. They've had a decade messing around with the Tour Stage X-Blade CB, and this X-CB is an evolution of the X-Blade CB that they really got right. Where it matters, behind the ball, they look incredible, as always....in the bag, not so much. I'm keeping my MB's around just in case.

• 4 months later...

I was getting fit for a set of MP18's when I discovered this X-CB by accident. I was raving about the MP-18, but it wasn't the MP-18 SC I thought I was hitting...it was the X-CB. I have the j15 mb's and know how great an Endo forged iron feels, but these are crazy good. I proceeded with the fitting since we were already half finished and I just ordered on Rakuten (S300 and all custom spec's) 5-PW for $725, including shipping. The best price I could get here was nearly twice that, since the US market can only be ordered 4-PW, with a fitting. I never thought I'd say that I hit something that felt better than my J15's but these are it. They look much better in hand than in the ad photos but still a weird looking design to me...but they work. Believe me, going from the most beautiful blade ever imho (J15MB) to this, there had to be a reason. They've had a decade messing around with the Tour Stage X-Blade CB, and this X-CB is an evolution of the X-Blade CB that they really got right. Where it matters, behind the ball, they look incredible, as always....in the bag, not so much. I'm keeping my MB's around just in case.

Curious to know if the blade length of the X-CB is longer than the MP-18 SC. Hard to find information and getting an X-CB to look at is even harder. Also like to know what "store" on Rakuten you used. Thanks.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

Curious to know if the blade length of the X-CB is longer than the MP-18 SC. Hard to find information and getting an X-CB to look at is even harder. Also like to know what "store" on Rakuten you used. Thanks.

I ordered mine from GolfSeven on Rakuten. They (Nakai) were very good to deal with...very honest and transparent and quick shipping considering how hard Bridgestone are to deal with these days. You'd think you were ordering a gun or something. They also had the best pricing I found. I went with the "stock" DG S300, which is actually a custom order since the stock shaft is a JDM S200. I was very pleased with the entire transaction. They were able to accommodate all my specs (except lie adjustments, NP) and they shipped the grips separately because I like to install my own...I'm more careful than they ever are. I love the clubs and I'm replacing my J15MBs with the X-CBs. I gained 10 yards per club with the CB/S300 over the J15MB/Modus 120.

I have the X-CB's and have had them side by side with both the SC's, the Callaway X Forged and Titleist CB (just comparing 7 irons). Compared with the SC, the X-CB blade length is about the same, the X-CB looks to have just a touch more offset, top line thickness very similar. Compared with the X Forged, the X-CB blade is slightly longer and the top line is thicker and has slightly more offset. Compared with the CB, the X-CB is definitely bigger with a thicker top line. I assume you are just getting 5-P, but be aware that if you are getting the 4 as well that the muscle pad is visible when you set the club down at address.

I find the transition of the blade to hosel more appealing on both the SC and X Forged. The X-CB reminds me a bit of the AP2 in that respect which I like less.

I have the X-CB's and have had them side by side with both the SC's, the Callaway X Forged and Titleist CB (just comparing 7 irons). Compared with the SC, the X-CB blade length is about the same, the X-CB looks to have just a touch more offset, top line thickness very similar. Compared with the X Forged, the X-CB blade is slightly longer and the top line is thicker and has slightly more offset. Compared with the CB, the X-CB is definitely bigger with a thicker top line. I assume you are just getting 5-P, but be aware that if you are getting the 4 as well that the muscle pad is visible when you set the club down at address.

I find the transition of the blade to hosel more appealing on both the SC and X Forged. The X-CB reminds me a bit of the AP2 in that respect which I like less.

Ok, thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Snell MTB-X

Just got it from rakuten

How much ? Those Ferrules are fancy :)

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Mizuno STZ- 230 22 Hybrid  ,LIN-Q Blue 

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Mizuno T24 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

So did a short demo of X-CB (7 iron with Nippon 950 shaft) vs my Mizuno MP-60's. Size wise they were almost identical (heel-toe length, toe height) except for the top-lines. X-CB is noticeably thicker which initially threw me off but I guess I could get used to it. Performance wise there was very little difference between the two. The X-CB jacked up loft did exactly what you'd expect by delivering some additional distance and lower trajectory.

What I did notice was feel. I was expecting the mystical Endo forging to really be different and better than the MP-60; in fact, it wasn't. Nutted shots on the X-CB we're solid but had more feedback than I get from the MP-60's. More of a "whack" vs a "thud." A little disappointed and I'm wondering if it was just me so I'm going to give it another try. I really want to like these.....

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Snell MTB-X

• 9 months later...

I have recently gone back to my TourBs after an affair with a set of i500s, which I liked a lot, that were way too heavy for me in my condition. The Tour Bs are also too heavy, but not ridiculously so. Anyway, I keep remembering why I love these clubs.....the feel. I really do think that these feel better than my J15MBs and I hit them one club longer (for me) than the MB. The S300 is such a no-brainer shaft for me; straight, long, with GREAT feel. I have them on eBay right now, but I'm going to go and take them down. These, for me, are a keeper.

• 1 month later...

I was looking to sub some blades for the P and 9 iron. With that testing, I also thought about the entire setup. Tested Ping i500 (I have some iBlades I tried and like, but not enough to mate with the X-CBs), Apex Forged, Mizuno SC-18, Srixon 785... Still like the X-CBs better for 3 reasons.

1. The FEEL!! The Srixon was equal, but got beat out by reason #2

2. The bounce that give the best turf intraction of any club I have ever owned. No matter the condition, I can hit the ball well.

3. Forgiveness. Still impressive (others may be better, but not anything significant enough to over-rule reasons 1 & 2 enough to beat the X-CBs

I finally pulled the trigger on Callaway Apex MBs in PW and 9 iron to hit with the XC-Bs

Also having a great experience with the recent X-CBP acquisition, and even love the trajectory of the 8 iron. BUT, I suspect given the hot face that a nutted strike will cause some distance variance, so going to stick with the XC-B in 8 & 7 iron and put the 6 & 5 X-CBP in play only there.

I asked this in another thread but realized it may be better suited for this specific one in this JDM forum.

I really want to order a set of these (the 2017 version) but of course can’t find anywhere to hit them in person. For those who have, how would you compare them to any similar clubs - perhaps AP2’s, 785/65/45's, Apex pro, JPX forged/tours? Seems everyone has good things to say about their feel, but forgiveness or turf interaction compared to others?

I asked this in another thread but realized it may be better suited for this specific one in this JDM forum.

I really want to order a set of these (the 2017 version) but of course can’t find anywhere to hit them in person. For those who have, how would you compare them to any similar clubs - perhaps AP2’s, 785/65/45's, Apex pro, JPX forged/tours? Seems everyone has good things to say about their feel, but forgiveness or turf interaction compared to others?

I can compare to j15s as well as titleist VG3 and Miura CB-1008s.

The Tour B X-CBs (2017) feel better than the j15s and the vG3s on center/sweet spot hits. The X-CB feel worse on off-center hits - but they perform better (ie forgiveness) than the J15 and the VG3. I really like that actually... the fact that they give a great feel when you hit the center but let you know exactly where you hit them off-center WITHOUT a terrible result. Pretty incredible.

I cannot say they feel better than the Miuras tho. Even on center hits, they do not feel as good as the 1008s and on off-center strikes they feel no where close to as good. I would rate them better for diggers than the Miura and ever so slightly better forgiveness across the rest of the face. Slightly bigger profile though.

I am playing with the Xcbs over the Miura set I have now due to a better shaft fit. I plan to re-shaft the Miuras soon, and will likely play them.

I ordered the X-CBs from Discount Dans. No up-charge KBS $-taper. I highly recommend that you give them a shout. I ordered the X-Hi 3iron as well.

2019:
G400LST 8.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125MSI 60 stiff
Cobra 3/4 f9; Atmos Blue TS 7s
Cobra 4/5 f8+; Atmos Red TS 8s
3i - PW Miura CB1008; KBS Tour 120s; 2up +1/2”
53* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge
59* TM HiToe; KBS Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 flow neck 2* loft 71* lie
Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie

I can compare to j15s as well as titleist VG3 and Miura CB-1008s.

The Tour B X-CBs (2017) feel better than the j15s and the vG3s on center/sweet spot hits. The X-CB feel worse on off-center hits - but they perform better (ie forgiveness) than the J15 and the VG3. I really like that actually... the fact that they give a great feel when you hit the center but let you know exactly where you hit them off-center WITHOUT a terrible result. Pretty incredible.

I cannot say they feel better than the Miuras tho. Even on center hits, they do not feel as good as the 1008s and on off-center strikes they feel no where close to as good. I would rate them better for diggers than the Miura and ever so slightly better forgiveness across the rest of the face. Slightly bigger profile though.

I am playing with the Xcbs over the Miura set I have now due to a better shaft fit. I plan to re-shaft the Miuras soon, and will likely play them.

I ordered the X-CBs from Discount Dans. No up-charge KBS $-taper. I highly recommend that you give them a shout. I ordered the X-Hi 3iron as well.

I actually did try to submit an order for them just a couple days ago through Discount Dan's, but got a call saying that Bridgestone doesn't have any sets left :( I probably missed out by less than a week, as I had checked Bridgestone's website last week and they were on there, but not any longer. Time to find something else! I do appreciate the response though.

Does anyone know of a place to get the 4 iron? DD can't order them anymore.

Bridgestone only sold 4-PW sets in the US market, so if you post in the classifieds you could probably find someone who was forced to buy the 4 iron and never used it. Bridgestone never sold individual irons.

Great Golf Deals is still selling sets, they got a bunch from Bridgestone but only standard L/L/L with KBS Tour shaft. Believe the price is around $675 for 4-PW.

Does anyone know of a place to get the 4 iron? DD can't order them anymore.

Bridgestone only sold 4-PW sets in the US market, so if you post in the classifieds you could probably find someone who was forced to buy the 4 iron and never used it. Bridgestone never sold individual irons.

Great Golf Deals is still selling sets, they got a bunch from Bridgestone but only standard L/L/L with KBS Tour shaft. Believe the price is around $675 for 4-PW.

Not true at all. I have custom ordered several individual irons/wedges in the past both directly from Bridgestone and through a retailer.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| UST Mamiya Recoil ES SW 780 F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star