Callaway rogue pro

nilopol

The rogue irons remind me of a car with a crazy bodykit if that makes sense, same with the taylor made M series they seem to have all the tech they can find stuck onto them if that makes sense.

I havent hit them and wouldn't really due to the juiced lofts (My 7 iron is 36deg, the Rogue Pro 8 iron is 35.5deg) altho i liked a lot of the older callaway Pro versions of their irons, i just think they are a bit lost and since the X Forged are so easy to hit i don't know why someone would choose the rogue over them.

BUT - Each to their own and if you like the look of them and they play well for you then fantastic!

Sorry but they don’t look like the M model irons...

And yes the x forged look better but cost nearly 150% of the rogues. As a student price is a factor!

And for me the rogue are much easier to hit compared to the x forged.

I disagree on the looks of the X Forged being superior. To me the X Forged of 2018 does not look as good as the 2013 version. I like the Rogue Pro more than this year’s X Forged, which looks fine but no wow factor. The TM 700 series irons and the Wilson C300 has more appeal to my eye than the X Forged. Also the Srixon 745/765, which have a similar but better look IMO.

The Rogue Pro may have strong lofts, but the ball gets up and goes. Saw a guy in my favorite store the other day trading in his PXG’s for the Rogue Pro, said he couldn’t believe how easy they launch and stop. Saw no loss of height despite lofts and he just felt they gave far better results on non-center impacts.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rogue irons remind me of a car with a crazy bodykit if that makes sense, same with the taylor made M series they seem to have all the tech they can find stuck onto them if that makes sense.

I havent hit them and wouldn't really due to the juiced lofts (My 7 iron is 36deg, the Rogue Pro 8 iron is 35.5deg) altho i liked a lot of the older callaway Pro versions of their irons, i just think they are a bit lost and since the X Forged are so easy to hit i don't know why someone would choose the rogue over them.

BUT - Each to their own and if you like the look of them and they play well for you then fantastic!

Sorry but they don't look like the M model irons...

And yes the x forged look better but cost nearly 150% of the rogues. As a student price is a factor!

And for me the rogue are much easier to hit compared to the x forged.

I disagree on the looks of the X Forged being superior. To me the X Forged of 2018 does not look as good as the 2013 version. I like the Rogue Pro more than this year's X Forged, which looks fine but no wow factor. The TM 700 series irons and the Wilson C300 has more appeal to my eye than the X Forged. Also the Srixon 745/765, which have a similar but better look IMO.

The Rogue Pro may have strong lofts, but the ball gets up and goes. Saw a guy in my favorite store the other day trading in his PXG's for the Rogue Pro, said he couldn't believe how easy they launch and stop. Saw no loss of height despite lofts and he just felt they gave far better results on non-center impacts.

I think the X Forged are much better looking than the Rogue Pro but of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do want to hit the Rogue Pro though as they set up nicely behind the ball.

Honestly, I don't think the X Forged is targeted at the player worried about launch or having the ball get up and go. I know that for myself the number one requirement is repeatable and consistent distance. If I need more distance I just pick one club longer that would equal a stronger lofted set. If shaft length gave me problems, I would consider the Cobra one length forged.

Having said that, with M. Wie having at least one Rogue Pro in the bag means she knows what she will get out of it. But of course the fact that she has a bunch of X Forged to go with the one Rogue probably means something too :-)

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

They look even better than I remember! :)

Nice bag!

Which shaft and why?

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Ordered my pros tonight 6 - PW and AW - went with Nippon Modus 105 Reg. It came down to XP95 or the 105s. 105s launched at the same angle and spun a little more.

The big difference was the distance, very consistent with great dispersion. I loved the feel of the modus shafts. I felt like I could go after it with our fear of hooking it.

I am coming from APEX with recoils.

Ordered my pros tonight 6 - PW and AW - went with Nippon Modus 105 Reg. It came down to XP95 or the 105s. 105s launched at the same angle and spun a little more.

The big difference was the distance, very consistent with great dispersion. I loved the feel of the modus shafts. I felt like I could go after it with our fear of hooking it.

I am coming from APEX with recoils.

Curious; what is your 5-iron replacement?

Nice bag!

Which shaft and why?

Thanks! Very happy with all the clubs in my bag!

Got the KBS Tour V 110 in the pros! (110=stiff)

It gives me good height and descent angle for good stopping action into greens!

GD Tour AD TP 6X Big Bertha B21 8°

KBS Tour Proto 105X Callaway XForged'18 UT 18°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway XForged'18 UT 24°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway Apex Pro'19 5-PW

DG Tour Issue Onyx S400 SM9 50°/54°/58° Jetblack

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

For those that have range time/rounds on the Rogue Pro irons, how is the chrome finish holding up?

I have my first Range session on a mat in the books...

They are great! Feel good, sound good, nice high ball flight, longer than my old ones

The chrome is still the same! (As New)

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

Don’t know what you’re playing but you seem to be cherry picking with the “juiced lofts” comment. The Rogue Pro lofts are identical to my original Apex irons from the 3i - AW, with one exception. The Apex 8i is 35 degrees while the Pro 8 is as you state 35.5.

Ok guys...

27 Holes in now!

Im excited and really happy with these bad boys!! :)

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

• 1 month later...

For those that have range time/rounds on the Rogue Pro irons, how is the chrome finish holding up?

I have my first Range session on a mat in the books...

They are great! Feel good, sound good, nice high ball flight, longer than my old ones

The chrome is still the same! (As New)

Finish still wearing well or is the RP suffering the same date as the Steelhead XR?

They're kind of like a mullet, party in the back and business up front. I hit them at a recent fitting and looking at the back I was expecting something quite chunky, but at address they looked more compact than I would have thought.

They weren't for me, but I'd assume they would be quite forgiving and they felt decent. I could see a fairly broad range of h/caps gaming these.

This is the best new iron no one talks about. To me........they are a better iron than the Apex CF16. Nice profile, low offset, hard durable chrome finish. I'm 65 years old and the cup face and stronger lofts are a nice asset for me, forgiveness is excellent.

So the finish is chrome? I ask as my old Steelhead XR (high polished) didn't hold up worth a darn. So good to hear.

This is the best new iron no one talks about. To me........they are a better iron than the Apex CF16. Nice profile, low offset, hard durable chrome finish. I'm 65 years old and the cup face and stronger lofts are a nice asset for me, forgiveness is excellent.

I agree 100%. I chose the Rogue Pro's over the TM 790's and the Titleist AP3's because they gave me the best results in terms of both dispersion and distance. I've never been a big fan of stronger lofted irons but these really work for me. I'm a full club longer than my previous set of irons (TM 770) and I get the same stopping power on the greens. Tournament season is coming for me and I can't wait to put them in play.

Rogue Pro is definitely the best iron which no one talks about!

I love them

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro Plus

So the finish is chrome? I ask as my old Steelhead XR (high polished) didn't hold up worth a darn. So good to hear.

I'm fairly certain they're chrome because they aren't marking up like that high polish stainless.

How are you finding the gap between the 45* PW and your 52* Wedge?

I was fit at Club Champion and landed on the Rogue Pro's 4-PW. I went in with very little to no preconceptions (i must admit, i was very intrigued by the Srixon Z545s) and just couldn't argue with the Rogue Pro's performance. I tried Srixon Z545/Z745, TM 790/770, Cobra something (can't remember). We landed on shaft first with Nippon Modus 120 S. Went through all the heads and Rogues won out.

Biggest performance characteristic that stuck out for me was the spin. I have a steep AoA, slight (when i'm dialed) out-to-in path, and forward shaft lean at impact so I generate a LOT of spin with moderate launch angle / apex. The Rogue brought down spin the most for me. I was still averaging 6050 with the 6iron across all my shots, but that average included some mishits and some real big cuts once I was getting tired. The good swings while I was fresh were registering about 5700ish range. Perfect for me to get efficient distance and neutral trajectory that won't be killed by a little headwind.

After being in some form of player split cavities for quite a few years, although I took a brief hiatus from playing regularly for the last few years, I am not sure how I am going to transition to my wedges. I played 50-54-58 in my college days about 6 years ago but have played 52-56-60 since. Might go 50-56(bent to 55)-60 or just 50-56-60 cause I'm probably kidding myself that 1* between 55 and 56 really matters to my game.

All in all, really excited about the Rogue Pro's even though they were not even remotely on my radar before walking into the fitting.

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0