My Putting Green Build

jamiejamie Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,161 ✭✭
After seeing everyone on here building putting greens, I decided to do my own. We had a crawl space that had approx 10 foot ceiling clearance (our house is on a hill). I would've preferred the builder poured concrete so I could've turned it into a man cave but we bought it right before the house was completed. Aside from the putting green and chipping area (14'x16'), I build the same type platform for storage (area pictures are taken from) that is 16'x8' that I built last year right after we moved in. I kinda just winged it but it turned out pretty well. Only thing I don't like is the carpet I used wasn't wide enough so I had to add 1' strips length wise on each side...it only affects a couple cups that are closest to the chipping area. I'll probably buy different turf next year to lay over top so there will be no seams and to help cushion chipping. I added 2 underlayments under the putting turf. The chipping fairway is just AstroTurf from Lowes but I have some better rough and fairway I ordered from Home Depot that I was going to screw in chip off.
PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G410 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Comments

• bradskibradski Members Posts: 2,349 ✭✭
    I'm a little bit lost? what is the ceiling height?

I love the idea and the use of the space. a true man cave.. are you wanting to add drywall or something to finish the walls and ceiling?
  • jamiejamie Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,161 ✭✭
    bradski wrote:

I'm a little bit lost? what is the ceiling height?

I love the idea and the use of the space. a true man cave.. are you wanting to add drywall or something to finish the walls and ceiling?
    The finished height after the putting green is 8ft. It was over 10 before but it was sloped and I didn't want to remove dirt around a couple footings or it would've been taller. The man cave comment was referring to if the building actually poured concrete and I could've finished it into a man cave tv room.
    PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G410 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
    PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
    PING VALOR CB 35"
  • warrio17warrio17 Members Posts: 371 ✭✭
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished results. Have fun
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 9* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 7X[/font]
    SYalW6s.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Epic SubZero 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue label 8X[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Preferred UDI 2 Iron 18* UST Mamiya Prototype Utility 110F5[/font]
    taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] RescueDual TP 2 Hybrid 18* True Temper Project X HB6 (interchanges with the UDI)[/font]
    iDRdfVu.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]JPX 900 Forged 4-GW 1* weak KBS C-Taper X 130g[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 54* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    R9admPL.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Vokey Design V Grind SM6 58* KBS 2.0 HiRev X[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Circle T 009M Chromatic Bronze Flojet Neck 35" A041795 (Gamer)[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Tour Newport Slant Neck Crown "O"[/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Futura X5 Chromatic Bronze Slant Neck Custom [/font]
    ZSoHrb9.png[font=courier new,courier,monospace] Chromatic Blue 1995 1st Run Coronado[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]i[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nstagram: @westongarner[/font]