Concerts you have attended

2ball

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows... I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:

Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)

Guns N Roses

Tesla

Dokken

Poison (also saw Samantha 7)

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Jackal

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

Kix

Cinderella

Metal Church

Warrant

Classic Rock:

The Who

Chicago - seen them at least 6 times, best was with Earth, Wind, & Fire

Styx & Dennis Deyoung separately but never together

Journey with both lead singers after Steve Perry

Bob Seger

KISS

Aerosmith

Kansas

Queen w/Adam Lambert

Violent Femmes

Billy Joel

Black Crowes

Doobie Brothers

Jackson Browne

The Moody Blues

Meat Loaf

Cindy Lauper

John Fogerty

John Mellencamp

Elvis Costello

Frankie Valli

Eddie Money

Jimmy Buffett (3 times: tailgate > concert every time)

Average White Band

Little River Band

Nazareth

REO Speedwagon

Cheap Trick

Survivor

Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:

Kid Rock

Charlie Daniels Band

The Outlaws (most surprising concert I've attended, they were awesome)

Blackfoot

Molly Hatchet

38 Special

Lynyrd Skynard (the recent incarnation)

Restless Heart

Oak Ridge Boys

Statler Brothers

90s/00s:

Barenaked Ladies (at least 6-7 times)

Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)

Live

Dave Matthews

Tonic

Oleander

Fuel

3 Doors Down

Bloodhound Gang

Nerf Herder

Better Than Ezra

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Sister Hazel

SR-71

Train

3rd Eye Blind

O.A.R.

Our Lady Peace

Vertical Horizon

Harvey Danger (The nut low of all concerts ever)

Any commentary on any of these shows?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Who I saw last summer at Ceasars in LV. I was in awe of Pete Townshend the entire show. Daltrey was fine, but at his age he simply whaled in ways that just blew me away

I can distinctly remember the Maiden/Motorhead/Dio show like it was yesterday, and it was 15 years ago. Merriweather Post Pavilion outside of Baltimore (though Bruce Dickenson kept calling it DC) and lawn tickets were $9.80. I can remember Lemmy and Ronnie James Dio on stage, and the stage sets from Maiden. All of them rocked.

There were 2 arrests at the 3 Doors Down, Oleander, and Fuel concert at the University of Delaware in 2001, and they were out of my group. Should of been 3 but I talked the cops out of arresting the guy who would later be my best man when I got married.

I saw The Outlaws at a Harley dealer south of Knoxville, TN. 3 of their original members are long passed, but they put on an amazing Southern rock show. Read that as long, awesome guitar solos. Green Grass and High Tides was over 20 minutes.

Saw Meat Loaf and Cindi Lauper at the Mandalay in 2003. Cindi played for almost 2 hours, then a break, and then Meat Loaf was 3:30 into his set and still going when I had to leave because my flight was early the next day. It was well after midnight, and he was still going, and telling stories between each song. It was great. He maybe played 15-17 songs in that time, but it is Meat Loaf and many of his songs are 10 minutes anyway.

Pearl Jam at Wrigley was awesome to see a show. The crowd and fanboys around me irritated the hell out of me though.

Jackson Browne was solo acoustic and took requests the whole show. Was in the 4th row at the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville. Very unique, fun show

Never thought I'd see GnR but jumped on tickets in Cincinnati in 2016. The opener sucked out loud, but Axl and the boys put on an awesome show.

There were maybe 50 people in the crowd when I saw Samantha 7 in Philly and CC Deville came down and shook hands with everyone. Same with Dokken at the old Thunderdome in Baltimore - Don Dokken drank with everyone. Warrant in Orlando at the House of Blues around 2001: Jani Lane was high, got higher in the middle, and forgot to come back out on stage for a while. Then invited everyone to come smoke with him after.

Worst shows:

Harvey Danger... I was in college when Flagpole Sitta charted. He came through Philly. He was drunk/high/whatever and was falling over stupid. It sucked.

Van Halen in Greensboro in 2004... it was the opening show of one of their reunion tours and they weren't ready

Bucket List (will likely never reform/tour): AC/DC, Triumph, Dire Straits

The Who I saw last summer at Ceasars in LV. I was in awe of Pete Townshend the entire show. Daltrey was fine, but at his age he simply whaled in ways that just blew me away

I can distinctly remember the Maiden/Motorhead/Dio show like it was yesterday, and it was 15 years ago. Merriweather Post Pavilion outside of Baltimore (though Bruce Dickenson kept calling it DC) and lawn tickets were $9.80. I can remember Lemmy and Ronnie James Dio on stage, and the stage sets from Maiden. All of them rocked.

There were 2 arrests at the 3 Doors Down, Oleander, and Fuel concert at the University of Delaware in 2001, and they were out of my group. Should of been 3 but I talked the cops out of arresting the guy who would later be my best man when I got married.

I saw The Outlaws at a Harley dealer south of Knoxville, TN. 3 of their original members are long passed, but they put on an amazing Southern rock show. Read that as long, awesome guitar solos. Green Grass and High Tides was over 20 minutes.

Saw Meat Loaf and Cindi Lauper at the Mandalay in 2003. Cindi played for almost 2 hours, then a break, and then Meat Loaf was 3:30 into his set and still going when I had to leave because my flight was early the next day. It was well after midnight, and he was still going, and telling stories between each song. It was great. He maybe played 15-17 songs in that time, but it is Meat Loaf and many of his songs are 10 minutes anyway.

Pearl Jam at Wrigley was awesome to see a show. The crowd and fanboys around me irritated the hell out of me though.

Jackson Browne was solo acoustic and took requests the whole show. Was in the 4th row at the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville. Very unique, fun show

Never thought I'd see GnR but jumped on tickets in Cincinnati in 2016. The opener sucked out loud, but Axl and the boys put on an awesome show.

There were maybe 50 people in the crowd when I saw Samantha 7 in Philly and CC Deville came down and shook hands with everyone. Same with Dokken at the old Thunderdome in Baltimore - Don Dokken drank with everyone. Warrant in Orlando at the House of Blues around 2001: Jani Lane was high, got higher in the middle, and forgot to come back out on stage for a while. Then invited everyone to come smoke with him after.

Worst shows:

Harvey Danger... I was in college when Flagpole Sitta charted. He came through Philly. He was drunk/high/whatever and was falling over stupid. It sucked.

Van Halen in Greensboro in 2004... it was the opening show of one of their reunion tours and they weren't ready

That's more like it! I could tell from your list you must have some cool stories, felt like I was there. Thanks from an old concert junkie.

Outlaws! Forgot I saw them (there are many I forgot) somewhere, I forgot where. Green grass and high tides was an incredible song. Used to love playing it with a band, you could go 20 min jamming on that one, switching leads on and on...

Merle Haggard

Ted Nugent x2

Restless Heart

Fleetwood Mac

Hank Williams Jr x2

David Allen Coe (Wild show)

Jerry Lee Lewis

Joan Jett

Molly Hatchet

Beach Boys & 3 Dog Night

Leon Russell

Nightranger

REO Speedwagon

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Fabulous Thunderbirds

Added:

Cheap Trick

Vince Gill

Reba McEntire

Suzy Bogguss

Don Williams

Lee Greenwood

Gene Watson

Statler Brothers

Waylon & Willie ( mid 1970s)

Crazy how ticket prices have escalated.

Done woth most shows will only attrnd local

Shows at a cool small venue in A2 called the ark.

Agree some of these ticket prices are out of hand, my wife expressed interest in Poison with Cheap Trick and some band i never heard of. Ttey want over $100 for a decent seat. they want over $200 for first 50 rows. They know they are a washed up pop metal hair band right????

Spent way too much $$ on concerts in my life, though I never went to any festival shows... I'll try to organize them... some were on the same set but I'll just list them.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:

Iron Maiden/Motorhead/Dio (was 2003 and still the best concert I've ever been to)

Guns N Roses

Tesla

Dokken

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Jackal

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

Kix

Cinderella

Metal Church

Warrant

Classic Rock:

The Who

Bob Seger

KISS

Aerosmith

Kansas

Queen w/Adam Lambert

Violent Femmes

Billy Joel

Black Crowes

Doobie Brothers

Jackson Browne

The Moody Blues

Meat Loaf

Cindy Lauper

John Fogerty

John Mellencamp

Elvis Costello

Frankie Valli

Eddie Money

Average White Band

Little River Band

Nazareth

REO Speedwagon

Cheap Trick

Survivor

Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:

Kid Rock

Charlie Daniels Band

Blackfoot

Molly Hatchet

38 Special

Restless Heart

Oak Ridge Boys

Statler Brothers

90s/00s:

Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)

Live

Dave Matthews

Tonic

Oleander

Fuel

3 Doors Down

Bloodhound Gang

Nerf Herder

Better Than Ezra

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Sister Hazel

SR-71

Train

3rd Eye Blind

O.A.R.

Our Lady Peace

Vertical Horizon

Cindy Lauper... speed bump

Worst shows:

ive seen van hagar twice and they sucked both times....

LMAO Van Hagar.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Some of these multiple times:

Kiss or Foghat was the first one I went to in about 1977, then Springsteen, U2, Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, John Mellencamp, Sheryl Crow, Matchbox 20, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ringo and his Allstar Band, Johnny Cash, 38 Special, Replacements, Paul Westerberg (solo show), Semisonic, Tonic, Train, Chris Isaac, Brian Ferry, Little River Band, The Blasters, George Thorogood, Stray Cats, Lucinda Williams, Lyle Lovette, Big Head Todd, Crowded House, Joan Jett, Smashing Pumpkins, Pat Benatar, Ziggy Marley, Black Crows, Los Lobos, Ted Nugent, Billy Squire, Blues Traveler, Kansas, Robert Cray, Jonny Lang and the Big Bang and numerous other good local Minneapolis based bands like Lamont Cranston, Jayhawks, The Suburbs, Bob Mould/Sugar, Gear Daddies, New Standards, etc.

I know I’m missing some, but this is close enough. I have friends that could times my list by 5 or 10.

It’s kind of strange, but I never saw:

AC/DC, Bob Seger, Van Halen, The Police/Sting, and Prince. Especially Prince as he was local and I was a “member” at First Ave. But he wasn’t really my thing and so I passed numerous times. I should have gone in the old days before he morphed into a symbol. He was super talented.

Can you say LOUD?! – Doc Severinsen! I am not kidding. He blasted us big time. I saw him in Vegas in the early 1980’s. He was the trumpet player and leader of The Tonight Show Band for Johnny Carson. My dad set this up for me and a friend who was a ski bum out in Park City for a winter. We went down to Vegas and then Scottsdale for spring break. Los Lobos at First Ave was crazy loud as well.

Funny: George Thorogood. He was drinking during the show and was pretty hammered by the end. They wanted him to stop. He said, “they are telling me I have to stop playing! F’em. I’m playing all night!” (Crowd goes nuts). He plays one more song and quits! LMAO

Billy Squire at the Orpheum: He calls out on stage about 40 dancers with skimpy dresses from Sheiks Nightclub for “The Stroke.” This was back when the dancers were very attractive. The band must have dropped some big bucks in there.

Titleist TSR4 9.5, Oban Devotion 6, 05 flex 65g
TM M4 Tour 3W, Oban Devotion 7, 05 flex 75g
TM R15 TP #3 (19*), Fujikura Speeder 869 X
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW, KBS C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged GW, KBS C-Taper X
Vokey Wedges - SM8 56.12 & 60.08 S400
Newport 2.5

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:

Guns N Roses

Tesla

Dokken

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Jackal

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

Kix

Cinderella

Metal Church

Warrant

Classic Rock:

The Who

Bob Seger

KISS

Aerosmith

Kansas

Queen w/Adam Lambert

Violent Femmes

Billy Joel

Black Crowes

Doobie Brothers

Jackson Browne

The Moody Blues

Meat Loaf

Cindy Lauper

John Fogerty

John Mellencamp

Elvis Costello

Frankie Valli

Eddie Money

Average White Band

Little River Band

Nazareth

REO Speedwagon

Cheap Trick

Survivor

Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:

Kid Rock

Charlie Daniels Band

Blackfoot

Molly Hatchet

38 Special

Restless Heart

Oak Ridge Boys

Statler Brothers

90s/00s:

Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)

Live

Dave Matthews

Tonic

Oleander

Fuel

3 Doors Down

Bloodhound Gang

Nerf Herder

Better Than Ezra

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Sister Hazel

SR-71

Train

3rd Eye Blind

O.A.R.

Our Lady Peace

Vertical Horizon

I think you covered every genre of music. What a list, damn. The Outlaws' "Green grass and high tides" is one of my favorite songs

Some of these multiple times:

Kiss or Foghat was the first one I went to in about 1977, then Springsteen, U2, Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, John Mellencamp, Sheryl Crow, Matchbox 20, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ringo and his Allstar Band, Johnny Cash, 38 Special, Replacements, Paul Westerberg (solo show), Semisonic, Tonic, Train, Chris Isaac, Brian Ferry, Little River Band, The Blasters, George Thorogood, Stray Cats, Lucinda Williams, Lyle Lovette, Big Head Todd, Crowded House, Joan Jett, Smashing Pumpkins, Pat Benatar, Ziggy Marley, Black Crows, Los Lobos, Ted Nugent, Billy Squire, Blues Traveler, Kansas, Robert Cray, Jonny Lang and the Big Bang and numerous other good local Minneapolis based bands like Lamont Cranston, Jayhawks, The Suburbs, Bob Mould/Sugar, Gear Daddies, New Standards, etc.

I know I’m missing some, but this is close enough. I have friends that could times my list by 5 or 10.

It’s kind of strange, but I never saw:

AC/DC, Bob Seger, Van Halen, The Police/Sting, and Prince. Especially Prince as he was local and I was a “member” at First Ave. But he wasn’t really my thing and so I passed numerous times. I should have gone in the old days before he morphed into a symbol. He was super talented.

Can you say LOUD?! – Doc Severinsen! I am not kidding. He blasted us big time. I saw him in Vegas in the early 1980’s. He was the trumpet player and leader of The Tonight Show Band for Johnny Carson. My dad set this up for me and a friend who was a ski bum out in Park City for a winter. We went down to Vegas and then Scottsdale for spring break. Los Lobos at First Ave was crazy loud as well.

Funny: George Thorogood. He was drinking during the show and was pretty hammered by the end. They wanted him to stop. He said, “they are telling me I have to stop playing! F’em. I’m playing all night!” (Crowd goes nuts). He plays one more song and quits! LMAO

Billy Squire at the Orpheum: He calls out on stage about 40 dancers with skimpy dresses from Sheiks Nightclub for “The Stroke.” This was back when the dancers were very attractive. The band must have dropped some big bucks in there.

Billy Squire, was this before or after that awful music video that ruined his career, Rock me tonight....?

I looked it up. This show would have been in 1989/1990 following the release of “Here and Now” - I recall the song “Don’t Say You Love Me” was new and on that album.

In those days I worked for a beer distributor with a great friend and we went to numerous shows together. He was really into music. He had a huge album and CD library. We had the downtown area and knew many people at various venues. We had access to free tickets, discounts, and/or great seats and so on. We had a good time.

Newport 2.5

Had a good time at Jimmy Buffet even though it was all pretty generic. Same with Journey/Def Leppard.

Slightly Stoopid is always a good time.

Incubus several times. Much better years ago.

Bon Iver was surprisingly great considering the sleepy nature of their music . Live show was much more like a rock concert.

Explosions in the Sky several times, always a good experience .

Then of course The Mars Volta in 2008. Left that show with a smile ear to ear.

Guns n roses - fantastic for 15 year old back in 93!

Glastonbury - honestly, i was that drunk for 2 days i can only remember friday night... So prodigy and oasis were good

Oasis - cracking concert at nebworth

Madness - me and mrs loved this!

Stone Roses - Heaton park reunion gig, i think i enjoyed the buzz that they were back together more than the actual concert

Just remembered Coldplay at reebok stadium, its on the 'fix you' vid.

Best to last, the verve at Haigh Hall 97, just walked there..... I think all of wigan was there that night.

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:

Guns N Roses

Tesla

Dokken

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Jackal

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

Kix

Cinderella

Metal Church

Warrant

Classic Rock:

The Who

Bob Seger

KISS

Aerosmith

Kansas

Queen w/Adam Lambert

Violent Femmes

Billy Joel

Black Crowes

Doobie Brothers

Jackson Browne

The Moody Blues

Meat Loaf

Cindy Lauper

John Fogerty

John Mellencamp

Elvis Costello

Frankie Valli

Eddie Money

Average White Band

Little River Band

Nazareth

REO Speedwagon

Cheap Trick

Survivor

Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:

Kid Rock

Charlie Daniels Band

Blackfoot

Molly Hatchet

38 Special

Restless Heart

Oak Ridge Boys

Statler Brothers

90s/00s:

Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)

Live

Dave Matthews

Tonic

Oleander

Fuel

3 Doors Down

Bloodhound Gang

Nerf Herder

Better Than Ezra

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Sister Hazel

SR-71

Train

3rd Eye Blind

O.A.R.

Our Lady Peace

Vertical Horizon

Doc,

You're my hero.

Bobcat

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

I was going to night classes at ITT (drafting) in Fort Wayne, IN in 1982 when a big flood hit the city. We got out of class if we went downtown to help sandbag. It was surreal. My roommates and I would sandbag well into the night and invite folks around us back to the apartment afterwards to party.

One night, the city starts coming around asking you to sign wavers releasing them from liability if we get hurt. Ronald Reagan's there and everything.

A few weeks go by and I get an envelope in the mail with a ticket to see John Cougar Mellencamp at the War Memorial Coliseum down the street from my apartment. Included a sticker that said "I helped sandbag the flood of 82". Pretty cool. Saw him 3 times in two years up there.

Walked to a lot of concerts in those two years. Good times.

Saw Vince Gill a few years ago up at a little venue in Wabash. He's a crazy good musician/vocalist and the session players he brought with him were masters. Lots of good stories. Fun night.

Saw Van Halen in Fort Wayne right after Fair Warning came out. My favorite album of theirs. Made my way to the front. Afterwards, I bought a concert tee and wore it to their next gig in Indy the following weekend. Made my way to the front again and trashed the shirt leaning against the wooden black painted barricade. Unchained.

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

When I was 15 I was supposed to see Murphy's Law, Fishbone, and the Beastie Boys in St. Louis. Instead on the way in with my buddies I had half my ticket ripped out of my hand by a thug and then lost him in the crowd. My buddies had to take me back to where we were staying and I missed out. Oh the irony of Murphy's Law.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good time at Jimmy Buffet even though it was all pretty generic. Same with Journey/Def Leppard.

Slightly Stoopid is always a good time.

Incubus several times. Much better years ago.

Bon Iver was surprisingly great considering the sleepy nature of their music . Live show was much more like a rock concert.

Explosions in the Sky several times, always a good experience .

Then of course The Mars Volta in 2008. Left that show with a smile ear to ear.

I saw Incubus in the union hall of my undergrad school. I think it was right around the time SCIENCE came out. Cool concert to see in such a small venue.

Now that I think about it, I saw Kottonmouth Kings, Primer 55, Bionic Jive and a few others at the student union. Those were some fun shows because of the venue. KMK actually drank some beers and shared some other extracurriculars with a few people from the crowd who helped clean up after the show, lol.

Saw Lettuce (funk) last weekend and they were stupendous. DJ HI Tek of 90s hip hop fame was there as well. I highly recommend checking them out if you get the chance. Band consists of the former Average White Band Drummer (also a producer for 50 cent, Talib Kweli,& Redman), Bassist Erik Coomes, who used to play bass for Wu Tang Clan, Snoop Dog, & Kanye West. It also consists of a Pianist/organist, Guitarist, Trumpeter Eric Bloom (has also played alongside some hip hop greats), and Sax player Ryan Zoidis.

- check em out!

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:

Guns N Roses

Tesla

Dokken

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Jackal

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

Kix

Cinderella

Metal Church

Warrant

Classic Rock:

The Who

Bob Seger

KISS

Aerosmith

Kansas

Queen w/Adam Lambert

Violent Femmes

Billy Joel

Black Crowes

Doobie Brothers

Jackson Browne

The Moody Blues

Meat Loaf

Cindy Lauper

John Fogerty

John Mellencamp

Elvis Costello

Frankie Valli

Eddie Money

Average White Band

Little River Band

Nazareth

REO Speedwagon

Cheap Trick

Survivor

Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:

Kid Rock

Charlie Daniels Band

Blackfoot

Molly Hatchet

38 Special

Restless Heart

Oak Ridge Boys

Statler Brothers

90s/00s:

Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)

Live

Dave Matthews

Tonic

Oleander

Fuel

3 Doors Down

Bloodhound Gang

Nerf Herder

Better Than Ezra

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Sister Hazel

SR-71

Train

3rd Eye Blind

O.A.R.

Our Lady Peace

Vertical Horizon

I think you covered every genre of music. What a list, damn. The Outlaws' "Green grass and high tides" is one of my favorite songs

every genre???

i don't see no "black" music. you ain't got no soul

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:

Guns N Roses

Tesla

Dokken

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Jackal

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

Kix

Cinderella

Metal Church

Warrant

Classic Rock:

The Who

Bob Seger

KISS

Aerosmith

Kansas

Queen w/Adam Lambert

Violent Femmes

Billy Joel

Black Crowes

Doobie Brothers

Jackson Browne

The Moody Blues

Meat Loaf

Cindy Lauper

John Fogerty

John Mellencamp

Elvis Costello

Frankie Valli

Eddie Money

Average White Band

Little River Band

Nazareth

REO Speedwagon

Cheap Trick

Survivor

Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:

Kid Rock

Charlie Daniels Band

Blackfoot

Molly Hatchet

38 Special

Restless Heart

Oak Ridge Boys

Statler Brothers

90s/00s:

Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)

Live

Dave Matthews

Tonic

Oleander

Fuel

3 Doors Down

Bloodhound Gang

Nerf Herder

Better Than Ezra

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Sister Hazel

SR-71

Train

3rd Eye Blind

O.A.R.

Our Lady Peace

Vertical Horizon

every genre???

Earth Wind and Fire is on the list...

80's Hair/Heavy Metal:

Guns N Roses

Tesla

Dokken

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Jackal

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

Kix

Cinderella

Metal Church

Warrant

Classic Rock:

The Who

Bob Seger

KISS

Aerosmith

Kansas

Queen w/Adam Lambert

Violent Femmes

Billy Joel

Black Crowes

Doobie Brothers

Jackson Browne

The Moody Blues

Meat Loaf

Cindy Lauper

John Fogerty

John Mellencamp

Elvis Costello

Frankie Valli

Eddie Money

Average White Band

Little River Band

Nazareth

REO Speedwagon

Cheap Trick

Survivor

Van Halen (w/Hagar)

Southern Rock/Country:

Kid Rock

Charlie Daniels Band

Blackfoot

Molly Hatchet

38 Special

Restless Heart

Oak Ridge Boys

Statler Brothers

90s/00s:

Pearl Jam (at Wrigley)

Live

Dave Matthews

Tonic

Oleander

Fuel

3 Doors Down

Bloodhound Gang

Nerf Herder

Better Than Ezra

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Sister Hazel

SR-71

Train

3rd Eye Blind

O.A.R.

Our Lady Peace

Vertical Horizon

every genre???

Earth Wind and Fire is on the list...

sorry. my bad ;)

Aerosmith/Collective Soul

Garteful Dead with Jerry/Rusted Root

Steve Miller/Pat Benetar

Ozzfest 98- Tool,Soulfly Coal Chamber, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth,Incubus,System of a Down, Life of Agony, Motorhead, Sevendust, Kilgore, Melvins

Black Sabbath/Pantera

Ozzfest 99- Slayer, Deftones,Static-X,Slipknot,Godmack,Fear Factory,Drain S.T.H,Rob Zombie,System of a Down,Flashpoint,Puya,Primus

Roger Waters

Creed/Sevendust,UPO

Ozzfest 2000- Pantera,Godsmack,Static-X,Incubus,Methods of Mayhem,Queens of the stone age,Pumpjack,Crazytown,Pitchshifter,Taproot,Primer 55,Shuvel,Kittie,Disturbed,Ministry,The Deadlights,Slaves on Dope,Soulfly

Korn/Papa Roach/Powerman 5000

Pantera/Soulfly/Morbid Angel/Nothingface

A perfect Circle/Snake River Conspiracy

Lynyrd Skynyrd/Deep Purple/Ted Nugent

Poison/Warrant/Quiet Riot/Enuff Znuff

Ozzfest 2001- Black Sabbath,Marilyn Manson,Slipknot,Papa Roach,Linkin Park,Crazytown,Black Label Society,Disturbed,Mudvayne,Taproot,Union Underground,Hatebreed,Godhead,Non-Point,Drowning Pool,Spineshank,Otep,Pure Rubbish,American Head Charge,Beatiful Creatures, No One,Systematic,Pressure4-5

Godsmack/Deftones/Puddle of Mud,Darwins Waiting Room,From Zero

Tool/Meshuggah

Tool/Phantomas

Ozzfest 2002- Ozzy,System of a Down,Rob Zombie,P.O.D,Drowning Pool,Adema,Black Label Society,DOWN, Hatebreed,Messugah,Apex Theory,Pulse Ultra,Neurotica,Chevelle,ILL Nino,Flaw 3rd Strike,Otep,Andrew W.K,Mushroomhead,Soil,The Used,Swithced

Pearl Jam

X-Fest 2003- Godsmack,Staind,Evanescence,The Donnas,Seether,Taproot,Trapt,Eve 6,The Used,Juliana Theory,Punchline,Breaking Benjamin,12 Stones,Smile Empty Soul

Iron Maiden/DIO/Motorhead

Kid Rock/Hemigod

Rush

Metallica/Godsmack

Ozzfest 2005- Black Sabbath,Iron Maiden,Mudvayne,Shadows Fall, Black Label Society,In Flames,Rob Zombie,As I Lay Dying,Mastodon,Bury your Dead,It Dies Today,Soilwork,Trivium,Black Dahlia Murder,Arch Enemy,The Haunted

Tool/Isis

Dropkick Murphy`s/Time Again

CrueFest 09- Motley Crue,Godsmack,Charm City Devils, Drowning Pool

Guns N Roses/Wolfmother

Sorry I may have missed a few...

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times): Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.

I do! I actually have CD's by Brubeck (Time Out), Chicago, and also Miles Davis (Kind of Blue). Ramsey Lewis "The In Crowd" - good stuff!

My Dad had multiple albums of Getz, Ella, Frank, The Duke, etc. I have his old records and play them once in awhile. I was lucky. When I was a kid he would take me to a customer's Jazz club for a quick visit. The Dave Rooney Trio played there. He was a piano player, plus bass and drums. My favorite was Pop-1. It on this album:

https://www.amazon.com/DAVE-ROONEY-TRIO-vinyl-record/dp/B00QHDVKQM?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00QHDVKQM

Have a good weekend

Newport 2.5

You guys probably won't even know who these artists are (they go way back before your times): Dave Brubeck, Stan Getz, Herbie Mann, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Byrd, Ramsay Lewis, Ottmar Liebert, Wes Montgomery, Jimmy Smith, Ahmad Jamal, Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul&Mary, Chicago, Mel Torme.

I do! I actually have CD's by Brubeck (Time Out), Chicago, and also Miles Davis (Kind of Blue). Ramsey Lewis "The In Crowd" - good stuff!

My Dad had multiple albums of Getz, Ella, Frank, The Duke, etc. I have his old records and play them once in awhile. I was lucky. When I was a kid he would take me to a customer's Jazz club for a quick visit. The Dave Rooney Trio played there. He was a piano player, plus bass and drums. My favorite was Pop-1. It on this album:

https://www.amazon.c...ASIN=B00QHDVKQM

Have a good weekend

I am a rock fan for sure, but my parents were big dancers & music was always playing in our house when I was a kid. They had all the big band stuff. My husband is a huge jazz fan, so he introduced me to that, & I love it too.