2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Pure745's WITB

SM6 V Grind (left) vs SM7 D Grind (right) - for those wondering how the grinds compare.

IMG_5738.jpg

How does the V play vs the D? Looks very similar but with more heel/toe relief on the V. Is your plan to move to the D on the SM7?

You have it backwards, the D has the heel/toe relief.
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

I broke down and joined Instagram today. Was trying to keep it with just Facebook for friends and family as far as social media but I've been missing out. You've got some sweet pictures on there! It's also easy to follow golf chicks without getting questioned by the Mrs. :)

To keep this on subject I really like the TP too but will need to try an X as I'm getting faster over the winter, the 6s wasn't cutting it any more. I've got a couple IZ shafts for some reason, hit those yet?

Thanks! You're exactly right re: the IG chicks.. golf chicks are the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately lol! :censored2: Personally hate Facebook, my feed gets cluttered up with politics and garbage. Slippery slope with social media, and even posting reviews on WRX, I've been trolled by more people on here than I can count. Even guys I thought were cool end up.. not :) IG is way more fun for me, you can post pictures and just be done with it, look at and read what you want, and move on past the stuff you don't.. very simple. WRX by nature is more interactive with opinions and text and inevitably discussions can go downhill fast. PM me your name on IG, you should eventually start posting, you'll find yourself on it all the time unfortunately! :to_become_senile:

Insta is the best no doubt. Love just posting a pic or vid and leaving it at that. Facebook is nice to share pics of the family to relatives but it's turned into such a soapbox.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

• 2 weeks later...

Were your new sticks shipped on the same flight as I.K. Kim's? What gives..?

Lol, no they're in play. First round with them all yesterday for our Member/Member - wrappers still on half of them when the round started :D :butcher:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Whoa.. crazy weekend.. let's see.. where to start..

Clubs arrived day before Member/Member at my club - it had been raining all week so I only got to hit a few irons before and the wedges went in cold turkey. We teed off and half of my bag is still in wrappers. This is a pretty serious tournament at the club, but I'm not super serious about tournaments anymore.. more interested in the Tito's vodka girls but that's a different story.. :tongue: Totally kidding, never saw them.. don't remember what they looked like.

WRX1.jpg

Course was super pure, greens a little slower than normal, and rain made everything play long and soft, there was a lot of wind the whole time but really happy with the irons.

WRX2.jpg

Overall the 718s are amazing, I'm extremely happy with them. They look a little beefier from address than the 716's and the higher hits on the face feel much more solid. I'm not sure if it's the shafts or the heads or a combination of both, but the 718/PX LZ setup feels incredible and much better than the 716. I found the CB's to be much better than the 716's when I basically thought they'd be the same just newer looking than my beat up set of 716's and surprisingly I found the MB to feel much more steady at impact and a softer/more solid feel compared to the 716's which feel a tad bit clicky by comparison.

The shafts so far have done almost exactly what I was after. They are lower in flight than my graphite, but still high, lower in spin, and a tighter ball flight and dispersion. It took some adjusting to get used to the ball flight since I can hit a straighter shot into greens where the 716 setup I'd have to manipulate the shot more to accommodate for wind etc. I didn't expect to be such a big fan of the LZ, but they have to be one of the best feeling, if not the best feeling steel shaft I've hit. They do go high, but I'm a high ball hitter, the spin seems to be lower than my DG's - keep in mind I have the 6.5's hardstepped.

The SM7's are $$$$$ - really love these. Similar feedback to the 718s where they feel a little more solid at impact to me, loved the ball flight and they seem to have more optimum spin for me - especially in the 46-50. I went with the 55S instead of 55V and really happy with that move, better from the fairway but still a little heel relief if I need to chip with it (usually use my 60 90% of the time).

917 was money. Really love this driver.. 3 wood was good 80% of the time, one time I hit a hook OB, but I also hit a 20 yard cut from 255 out of a bunker to hit a par 5 in 2 on the next shot with it. :dntknw: I putted like sh*t - I really need to practice more.. but for having consumed a substantial amount of adult beverages, average 3 cigars per day, and having a golf hall pass from the wife.. I can't be too disappointed in the results :tongue: :drinks:

WRX3.jpg

WRX4.jpg

Anyways.. lots of fun, typical #dadgolf rollercoaster of emotions, and got lucky to win in a playoff :cheesy: :cheesy:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Awesome, congrats.

The LZ shafts are fantastic. I had 6.5 in my last set of Mizuno's, but am a low ball hitter, the 6.0 are working better for me in my current set, touch more spin and height.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

The irons look great! And congrats on the member/member victory. What were the results of your 3wood shaft testing? And how are you liking the vokey D grind after some use?

Titleist TSR3 8* PX HZRDUS Blue 
Titleist TSR2+ PX HZRDUS Yellow
Titleist 980 17* Project X black
Titleist T100 4-6 Project X

Titleist 620mb 7-9 Project X
Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX
Scotty Special Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1141363-golflefty-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Nice win !

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

The irons look great! And congrats on the member/member victory. What were the results of your 3wood shaft testing? And how are you liking the vokey D grind after some use?

I tested the Atmos Black 8tx (super stiff/low/low), 857 Evo 2, 857 Evo 3 - ended up using the 857 Evo 2 in the F2. It was basically as advertised (which is a good thing). Atmos was best off the tee but worst off the fairway (too stiff), Evo 2 was slightly lower launching and slightly higher spin than the Atmos but WAAAAY better off the ground. Evo 3 was best off the ground, worst off the tee and spun the most and launched the highest. Now that I'm typing this the F3 and the Evo 3 could be a nice pairing.

I tried the D grind, too much bounce. Kept my 60V and just bought a new one.

Nice win !

Thanks brother! Not a big deal, just a fun tourney and funny timing with the new clubs.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

That's cool sounds like the member-member was a great time (which is what it should be right, and the obsession it can turn into). Cool trophy as well!

It seems almost everyone that played 716 line is preferring the 718 over them.

Lastly are you playing the shafts in SM7 as SM6?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

The rouge sub zero will fix your 3 wood issues

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Good stories and photos as always! Congrats on the outcome!

Thanks Smitty :drinks:

That's cool sounds like the member-member was a great time (which is what it should be right, and the obsession it can turn into). Cool trophy as well!

It seems almost everyone that played 716 line is preferring the 718 over them.

Lastly are you playing the shafts in SM7 as SM6?

Playing the PX LZ 6.5 non hardstepped in the wedges.. SM6 is MCi 125x.

The rouge sub zero will fix your 3 wood issues

It's a monster no doubt and looks great.. but no more Callaway rabbit holes for me. I've tried a few times and the Cally 3 wood experiments failed miserably.. last Epic SZ 3 wood was one of the worst I've owned, hooked the sh&t out of it and I don't like the adapters at all, I cant get them fade biased as I need them in the 3 wood. Driver it's fine, but the 3 wood was terrible. Happy with the 917, just one bad swing over the weekend.. in the playoff I hit it great under pressure.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

I tested the Atmos Black 8tx (super stiff/low/low), 857 Evo 2, 857 Evo 3 - ended up using the 857 Evo 2 in the F2. It was basically as advertised (which is a good thing). Atmos was best off the tee but worst off the fairway (too stiff), Evo 2 was slightly lower launching and slightly higher spin than the Atmos but WAAAAY better off the ground. Evo 3 was best off the ground, worst off the tee and spun the most and launched the highest. Now that I'm typing this the F3 and the Evo 3 could be a nice pairing.

I tried the D grind, too much bounce. Kept my 60V and just bought a new one.

I think you could be on to something with the F3 Evo 3 combo. I'm a huge fan of the F3, but never really gave the F2 a shot. Thanks for your response, I may just have to give either/both Evo's a try.

Titleist TSR3 8* PX HZRDUS Blue 
Titleist TSR2+ PX HZRDUS Yellow
Titleist 980 17* Project X black
Titleist T100 4-6 Project X

Titleist 620mb 7-9 Project X
Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX
Scotty Special Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1141363-golflefty-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Nothing better than taking the trophy, money or both!

Are you still playing the Pro 95i TS in the TMB? Did you make you mind up about which ball to play?

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

How do you like the V grind on full shots?

I like them overall. On bermuda, the 54 was sticking a bit so I went with the 54S in the SM7 which has worked well thus far. Kept the V in the 60.

Nothing better than taking the trophy, money or both!

Are you still playing the Pro 95i TS in the TMB? Did you make you mind up about which ball to play?

Nope, PX LZ throughout. Haven't had the 718 on the course yet, but I don't see it not working. Funny you ask about the ball.. I still haven't decided which one I like better :rolleyes: I can tell the differences when I compare them, I just don't know that the pros and cons of either translate to any difference in my score. I like both balls really, there are times where I'm glad I have the extra spin of the ProV1x and time where I wish I had the ball end up closer to it's pitch mark. I think I'll end up with the ProV1 when I order a bunch of them.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

You're probably way ahead of me here, but perhaps the answer to the ball conundrum is to ask yourself whether you're more comfortable taking spin off the higher spinning V1X or trying to really make the V1 fizz.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

You're probably way ahead of me here, but perhaps the answer to the ball conundrum is to ask yourself whether you're more comfortable taking spin off the higher spinning V1X or trying to really make the V1 fizz.

Welp.. just placed an order for 8 doz. ProV1 through that loyalty program, guess the question has been answered! :censored2: :alcoholic:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Because it's raining and I'm watching Tiger :)

3 wood: Doing a little tinkering. Atmos 8TX is a beast of a shaft, it's been really good off the tee, but off the deck it's a little demanding if I'm not swinging the best. I got in a few contenders to mess with, tour issue Fuji 857's - Evo 2 and 3. The 3 should be solid, but I'll test them both on the course to see what's going on. The W80 was money in my old Nike head, so I might go that route if I'm not happy with the Fuji's. Couple 917 tour heads to try as well.. probably sticking with the F2 though.

IMG_5805.jpg

ProV1 vs. V1x

Have a dozen of each, played my former home track with the V1 and the greens are about as hard as I've ever seen them (not in a good way) and I've logged hundreds of rounds there. The V1 was stopping and performing like the TP5X on these greens, off the tee and irons it was solid. Chipping seemed to just be "whatever". The results weren't what I wanted to so I put the V1x in play on the back, a huge difference in spin. Much better on these rock hard greens.

Round 2: used the V1 at my current home course, greens are recovering from being punched but starting to get good, so 4-5 weeks off of a punch I think? Slight bumps but softer and faster. The V1 was really good, lots of spin around the greens, plenty of spin on approach shots and did well in the wind. The V1x would have been really bad in these conditions. Decided I like the softer feel around the greens and off the putter, off driver I found my misses slightly better with the V1. One of my friends has been on and off the Web.com and has been a long time V1x guy has the V1 in play for the first time ever he said.

I'm going with the V1. To me it seems like a TP5x that spins more around the greens. Very happy with it and feel comfortable with the decision. For conditions where the greens are really hard and not receptive I'll either have to slightly adjust or put the V1x in play. Where I am located, these are the firmest I've seen greens, so basically an anomaly for my area.

My irons are shipping soon so should have my bag setup within the next few weeks. :drinks:

Do you buy and then BST all the shafts or rent/borrow them? I'm tinkering more and more and trying to figure out if buying everything to try out on the course is really the right method.

[color=#a9a9a9]___________________________________[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 915 D2, 9.5* Aldila Tour Green[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 915F, 15* Diamana D+ 70[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 816H2, 21* Diamana S+[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist 718 TMB 4, KBS C-Taper S[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 718 AP2 5-9, KBS C-Taper S[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Vokey Raw SM7, 46.10F, [/color][color=#A9A9A9]50.08F, KBS C-Taper S[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Vokey Raw SM7 54.10S (55*), 60.04L, DG TI Black Onyx S400[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Scotty Cameron Select, Newport 2[/color]

For what do you use the V grind: approaches, chipping/pitching, sand, etc?

On the generally lush and soft courses around here with their shag carpet greens, I could easily get by with a 56 as my highest lofted wedge but when I travel I often find myself wishing I spent more time becoming competent and comfortable with a higher lofted wedge.

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

For what do you use the V grind: approaches, chipping/pitching, sand, etc?

On the generally lush and soft courses around here with their shag carpet greens, I could easily get by with a 56 as my highest lofted wedge but when I travel I often find myself wishing I spent more time becoming competent and comfortable with a higher lofted wedge.

V grind for literally everything. I chip 90% with my 60.. rarely do I play bump and runs out here.. greens are too fast and undulating and most course have thick rough surrounding the green which forces my hand.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Nice win with your C game. Looks like your irons are coming full circle. Boring lol

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Question regarding your stable of putters - specifically the Anser-ish models. Have you noticed any practical difference in the various neck configurations (e.g., offset, length, etc)? Or, do you find it is primarily an aesthetic issue?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a DH89 next week and currently waffling some on the neck configurations.

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X