Bethpage reservation system

rwill522

I was able to book tee times on Red for next week.

Still curious how I was able to sign up as a resident without proving it. Maybe the existing system was also used to check residence status?

They won't check your residency status until you check in at the park. No longer checking at time of registration. That's what I was told by the park.

Still curious how I was able to sign up as a resident without proving it. Maybe the existing system was also used to check residence status?

They won't check your residency status until you check in at the park. No longer checking at time of registration. That's what I was told by the park.

So does that mean they are getting rid of the 7 day reservations for residents and 5 day reservations for non-residents?

So does that mean they are getting rid of the 7 day reservations for residents and 5 day reservations for non-residents?

No. It's not really clear how they are going to regulate that. If a non-resident makes a tee time 7 days out, are they going to turn him/her away at the window? Seems like doing residency checks on day of play is going to open a can of worms.

No. It's not really clear how they are going to regulate that. If a non-resident makes a tee time 7 days out, are they going to turn him/her away at the window? Seems like doing residency checks on day of play is going to open a can of worms.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I registered online, there was a box that you had to enter your address and another box that had NYS driver's license [could not enter number] and another choice [non-resident I think] to show your residency. Then when you go to the cashier line to pay at the course, you need to show your ID with picture. Something like that I suppose.

What I want to know is how you modify or cancel a reservation ahead of time. Call the 914 number?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I registered online, there was a box that you had to enter your address and another box that had NYS driver's license [could not enter number] and another choice [non-resident I think] to show your residency. Then when you go to the cashier line to pay at the course, you need to show your ID with picture. Something like that I suppose.

What I want to know is how you modify or cancel a reservation ahead of time. Call the 914 number?

You can cancel ahead of time online if you booked the tee time online. I used the system successfully this week.

I hope that this is not something to occur. The new online reservation system is supposed to reduce the problem with busy signals that was previously encountered. Here's what happened. My friend went online last night to make a reservation for next Sunday. He could not get through or online due to volume I guess. He had to call the 914 phone number instead.

When the warmer weather starts and the reservation volume increases, I hope that their servers can handle the extra volume and the same busy signals problem doesn't happen online as well. :swoon:

I hope that this is not something to occur. The new online reservation system is supposed to reduce the problem with busy signals that was previously encountered. Here's what happened. My friend went online last night to make a reservation for next Sunday. He could not get through or online due to volume I guess. He had to call the 914 phone number instead.

When the warmer weather starts and the reservation volume increases, I hope that their servers can handle the extra volume and the same busy signals problem doesn't happen online as well. :swoon:

Hate to say it but I would expect there to be ongoing issues/oversights with the new reservation system well into peak season. That was my initial thought as soon as I saw that residency is not checked at registration. I'd hate to be the non-resident who accidentally keeps the setting on NYS resident when booking a week out -- are they going to turn groups away at the window because their tee time is invalid?

I would expect they are going to be patching holes for a while. Hopefully they use the jump in traffic in the spring to straighten everything out sooner rather than later.

Hate to say it but I would expect there to be ongoing issues/oversights with the new reservation system well into peak season. That was my initial thought as soon as I saw that residency is not checked at registration. I'd hate to be the non-resident who accidentally keeps the setting on NYS resident when booking a week out -- are they going to turn groups away at the window because their tee time is invalid?

I would expect they are going to be patching holes for a while. Hopefully they use the jump in traffic in the spring to straighten everything out sooner rather than later.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!

Anyone know how cancellation policy works now? Used to be had to cancel two days ahead, but I don't see anything like that written anymore. Only this:

Same day cancellations or modifications are not available and will be considered a No-Show. If you do not show up for your tee time an hour before, you may be considered a No-Show and you will be charged $15 per person in your group.

Which makes me think the day before is fine?

Bandon Dunes 2016
Scottsdale 2017
Pinehurst 2018
Masters 2019

Bandon Dunes 2022

Anyone know how cancellation policy works now? Used to be had to cancel two days ahead, but I don't see anything like that written anymore. Only this:

Same day cancellations or modifications are not available and will be considered a No-Show. If you do not show up for your tee time an hour before, you may be considered a No-Show and you will be charged $15 per person in your group.

Which makes me think the day before is fine?

I think 24 hours. I've got an opening tomorrow. Want to join??? :) DM me via insta.

There's also no-way to modify the players in your existing reservation which is a little odd. You would have to cancel and re-book and hope it's still there.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

Whats to stop a Non NYS resident from making a tee time 7 days out, waiting until 3 days out, cancelling the "fake" NYS tee time and immediately booking a non NYS tee time so they don't have problems at the window. Seems like a big loophole to me...

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

Whats to stop a Non NYS resident from making a tee time 7 days out, waiting until 3 days out, cancelling the "fake" NYS tee time and immediately booking a non NYS tee time so they don't have problems at the window. Seems like a big loophole to me...

I have no idea. Not checking residency at sign-up seems to invite a number of problems.

Hmmm! Something very interesting happened last night when using the online reservation system to make a reservation for next Sunday. Here in the Northeast, "60 Minutes" starts at 7 PM exactly this time of the year. I already had the computer going ready to make a reservation when the clock on 60 Minutes struck the first tick on the TV. The available times showed up and the first time was 12:04 even though I had pressed morning times. SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT! Either something is wrong online or someone is interfering. :censored2:

EDIT: I wonder if New York State or Bethpage ever read this thread!!!!

The new system is fairly troublesome to the workers there. I went twice in the past two weeks and the line for reservations is always super slow and long. I didn’t have a problem with my reservation but the people at the pay booth were frustrated. Not sure what the problem was but waiting 20 mins to pay for a reserved tee time is annoying. Especially when they say we need to be there 1 hour prior (which I understand, so they can sell the times if no shows happen). But sometimes traffic or something occurs, and you get there at the 1 hour mark, then you’re stuck on the line for 15-20mins to pay and possibly lose your Tee time.

The new system is fairly troublesome to the workers there. I went twice in the past two weeks and the line for reservations is always super slow and long. I didn't have a problem with my reservation but the people at the pay booth were frustrated. Not sure what the problem was but waiting 20 mins to pay for a reserved tee time is annoying. Especially when they say we need to be there 1 hour prior (which I understand, so they can sell the times if no shows happen). But sometimes traffic or something occurs, and you get there at the 1 hour mark, then you're stuck on the line for 15-20mins to pay and possibly lose your Tee time.

I hear what you're saying, but personally, I don't see how it takes more time at the cashier's window. It just seems to me that it shouldn't be much different when we were calling in for reservations. You would go to the window, the cashier would pull up your time, see your resident status looking at your driver's license, then pay. What do you think is taking longer?

This is actually genius...

Wonder if this is the reason that I had getting a good tee time?

I have no idea why it’s harder for them or why the lines are super long. I love the new system. I no longer have to call with 3-4 phones about 20-30 times each to get an early tee time for the following week. I just thought of this while typing, I think the walk up line / non reservations is taking up the most time. They no longer have the screens up at the moment for available Tee times. So I assume those people take up all the cashiers time and asking for available slots. In turn, the cashiers have to list each one for them and they choose. Also those undecided groups might stand there discussing it for 10 mins on what they’d like to play. That’s most likely the issue. Hopefully they put those times back up again for people to choose before getting to the register.

I have no idea why it's harder for them or why the lines are super long. I love the new system. I no longer have to call with 3-4 phones about 20-30 times each to get an early tee time for the following week. I just thought of this while typing, I think the walk up line / non reservations is taking up the most time. They no longer have the screens up at the moment for available Tee times. So I assume those people take up all the cashiers time and asking for available slots. In turn, the cashiers have to list each one for them and they choose. Also those undecided groups might stand there discussing it for 10 mins on what they'd like to play. That's most likely the issue. Hopefully they put those times back up again for people to choose before getting to the register.

Sounds very correct!!!!

EDIT: FWIW, one of my regular foursome usually got in within the first 5 minutes to make a reservation. It was incredible. Almost like he had a direct line to Bethpage. I'm gonna miss that! FYI, he couldn't get anything good for Sunday using the online reservation. Oh well.................

Does the Black course host events? Like corporate outings? I was looking at this coming Tuesday, and there is nothing available at all, and it is the only day like that. I just didn't think they held private events on that course, but they must?

The Black used to be closed on Mondays for maintenance but I'm thinking they moved it to Tuesday since every Tuesday has no available tee times. To your other question, yes you can host private events on the Black.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

Once you make your initial reservation They will check to see if you're a resident when you arrive. After that you will be in the system and they will know if you have residency or not. So even if you get in the first time they will charge you more but, will still give the tee time.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

Once you make your initial reservation They will check to see if you're a resident when you arrive. After that you will be in the system and they will know if you have residency or not. So even if you get in the first time they will charge you more but, will still give the tee time.

I think people are more worried about the time slot than the price. People just want to get in early and finish early. Like every man.. LOL

I get that but what Im saying is you make a tee time as a "resident" then a day or 2 before cancel that tee time and immediately book the same time as a "non resident". I think the actual time is more important than the money you pay as a non resident.

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

I get that but what Im saying is you make a tee time as a "resident" then a day or 2 before cancel that tee time and immediately book the same time as a "non resident". I think the actual time is more important than the money you pay as a non resident

You'd be able to do that once? As soon as you're in the system you can only register as a non resident if that's what you are.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels