2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Masters tips?

wmblake2000

May I suggest you check out the Masters Money Clip too. I've got some of them and they really are neat. Only $30 or so. Not so good if you are a wallet type of guy ....

Great call out! I had a money clip I bought in Bangkok from one of those street vendors, for $20. Said "Tiffany Jewelers" on it. Silver.. I expected it to turn green nut it never did and then I lost if. A Masters money clip is the perfect replacement.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all who posted such great input: really, thanks a lot. We're on a plane tomorrow 0-dark-thirty. I copied most of the posts where someone added his experience and printed it. 6 page word doc! Nice.

I hope somehow I run into a few of you wrx'ers there. We'll be all over the place, it looks like.

Cheers,

Chuck

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

To all who posted such great input: really, thanks a lot. We're on a plane tomorrow 0-dark-thirty. I copied most of the posts where someone added his experience and printed it. 6 page word doc! Nice.

I hope somehow I run into a few of you wrx'ers there. We'll be all over the place, it looks like.

Cheers,

Chuck

Pick a pine cone as a souvenir! I did.

Cheers,

Chuck

Great idea!

Or do you think anybody would see me run on the fairway to grab Tiger's divot? :happy: I could grow a bit of Augusta at home.

Cheers,

Chuck

I saw that. Then there was the guy who got rained out and msde tent closed so he took a rock from the parking lot. I like the pine cone idea better..

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Haven’t read all the way through this thread, but the first couple pages sure had some great advice.

I’ve had the good fortune to go 7 or 8 times (and will be there again this Thursday). The best souvenir in my opinion is a photo in front of the clubhouse. Even on tournament days, you can get in line and have your picture made there, and they will give you a little card with a code so you can download the picture. I’m going with my wife and my parents this year—first time with the whole family, and I can’t wait to get that picture.

Haven’t read all the way through this thread, but the first couple pages sure had some great advice.

I’ve had the good fortune to go 7 or 8 times (and will be there again this Thursday). The best souvenir in my opinion is a photo in front of the clubhouse. Even on tournament days, you can get in line and have your picture made there, and they will give you a little card with a code so you can download the picture. I’m going with my wife and my parents this year—first time with the whole family, and I can’t wait to get that picture.

They say they discontinue access/support for those photos after several months but I just downloaded one of our pics from two years ago not very long ago. Surprised and pleased.

I can't wait to read this whole thing as I prepare for my first visit (going Monday & Tuesday this year) Thanks Wrx Crew!

Question I'm sure that's been answered 5k times:

Can you bring a DSLR camera or are only point/shoot camera's still allowed? Also are GoPro's allowed - It says nothing that can transmit video so I'm assuming no but I wanted to ask the experts.

Appreciate the info.

I can't wait to read this whole thing as I prepare for my first visit (going Monday & Tuesday this year) Thanks Wrx Crew!

Can you bring a DSLR camera or are only point/shoot camera's still allowed? Also are GoPro's allowed - It says nothing that can transmit video so I'm assuming no but I wanted to ask the experts.

Appreciate the info.

We brought a DSLR in 2016 - in it's own little carrying case with two lenses. I assume as long as it's under their max. measurements for bags you're good.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I’m sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I'm sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.

Seriously? My wife was asking me about this a couple of days ago as we were going to borrow a friend's to take with if we could. I assumed because the prohibited items list states "Electronic devices (Cell Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Beepers, and other electronics), including devices capable of transmitting photo/video*" that they wouldn't be allowed. I guess they can't really transmit photo/video right?

They saw it at security and had no issues?

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I'm sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.

And also this from the Masters website:

ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH.

ELECTRONIC DEVICES (INCLUDING PHONES, LAPTOPS, TABLETS, AND BEEPERS) ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE GROUNDS AT ALL TIMES. ANY DEVICE BEING USED TO RECORD AND/OR TRANSMIT VOICE, VIDEO, OR DATA IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. CAMERAS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON TOURNAMENT DAYS. VIOLATION OF THESE POLICIES WILL SUBJECT THE TICKET HOLDER TO REMOVAL FROM THE GROUNDS AND THE TICKET PURCHASER TO THE PERMANENT LOSS OF CREDENTIALS (TICKETS).

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Appreciate the info.

Seriously? My wife was asking me about this a couple of days ago as we were going to borrow a friend's to take with if we could. I assumed because the prohibited items list states "Electronic devices (Cell Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Beepers, and other electronics), including devices capable of transmitting photo/video*" that they wouldn't be allowed. I guess they can't really transmit photo/video right?

They saw it at security and had no issues?

For a practice round yes I had no issue whatsoever. Plan to take it again this year.

Appreciate the info.

We brought a DSLR in 2016 - in it's own little carrying case with two lenses. I assume as long as it's under their max. measurements for bags you're good.

I did the same both times I went. Canon DSLR with a huge additional lens. Took a ton of pictures. If you're into photography at all, you'll have a field day at that place, especially if you're working with some high tech equipment.

I even got a couple of the volunteers to use my camera to take some photos me in the fairway (in the crosswalk) with a green in the background. Did that on 15 and the backdrop was awesome.

Appreciate the info.

I did the same both times I went. Canon DSLR with a huge additional lens. Took a ton of pictures. If you're into photography at all, you'll have a field day at that place, especially if you're working with some high tech equipment.

I even got a couple of the volunteers to use my camera to take some photos me in the fairway (in the crosswalk) with a green in the background. Did that on 15 and the backdrop was awesome.

Too funny, we took the same picture in 2016. After they let patrons through the walkway on 15, a volunteer took a picture of us standing in the middle of the fairway with the green behind us! Also, after placing our chairs on hole 12 tee, a volunteer pretty much made us walk to the front of the seating area and have him take our picture with 12 green/13 tee in the background. I just love it there.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Don't get into a conversation about the BBQ sandwich.

Me: What sort of BBQ is it, pork or beef?

A: It's BBQ

Me: Yeah, but it must be something

Me: OK

I can attest to this, only my exchange was about the beer, not the BBQ.

Q: Curious, what kind of beer is this?

A: Masters Beer.

Q: I mean, who makes it?

A: We have regular and light, it is Masters Beer.

:taunt:

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

One year I had this exchange with a volunteer that was sitting at the back of 18 tee during a practice round watching players hit their tee shots. He had on a headset with some kind of Ipad apparatus that he was entering information into.

Me: What are you doing?

Him: I'm collecting data.

Me: What kind of data?

Him: I'm collecting data. That's all I can tell you.

This is the best post I have read in this entire thread. lol. Ill be there Monday and will be partaking in a few of these "Masters Beer"

With that said, can you imagine if they opened a brewery and actually made Masters Beer?? Name all the brews after the holes or something like that? Would be awesome.

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

for practice rounds - is it worth grabbing a chair to put somewhere, or are the stands good enough? do the good "chair spots" fill up quickly?

i feel like i would rather not waste time getting a chair, then putting it somewhere, unless it's really worthwhile.

Plenty of room in the stands for practice rounds...Keep your arms free for food and souvenirs :)

Bookmarking this thread for the day I finally get to experience Augusta. Thanks for all of the great inside knowledge, fun to read through even for those of us who'll be watching on TV. Those who are attending, enjoy it!

Nike Vapor Speed TW Driver
Nike Vapor Flex 3 & 5 Wood
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-7; Pro 8-PW
Nike Engage 50SQ, 54TS, 58DS
Nike Method 006 Prototype