Bridgestone Tour B Golf Ball Reviews?

FAbb

I played the Tour B RXS sunday in 50 degrees & windy condition & i came away impressed.

Great ball flight off of all clubs, they fought the wind well, tremendous feel off my scotty, & great with the wedges.

For cold weather the RXS is awesome, looking forward to trying the XS when spring really comes.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while since I posted here but I'm getting back into golf and comparing the tour b x to the rx. First round with the Tour b x and I felt at home. The ball was long and straight off the driver, surprisingly so even on slight misshits. The B330 was about the same from what I remember but I haven't played it in a while. It feels heavy and sticky on irons and in the short game which makes it easier for me to judge the weight of shots. Putter is much the same, and I love the way it rolls.

The Tour b rx feels lighter off the club face and doesn't seem to be as long off the driver (can't say for sure). That lighter feel carries through the short game and putter also which gives it more pop, i dont like that feel as much.

Ill update after some more course time with them.

I've been a long time ProV1x loyalist without even testing other balls. No complaints about the current V1x, I like it a lot actually, but starting to believe a number of other manufacturers have caught up, and am ready to be done paying $47.99 a dozen if I can be.

My local shop had a 2 dozen for $55 deal on the '16/'17 B330, so I started there this spring. If I'm being honest... probably just for the opportunity to say to my golf partners, "You're playing a ProV1 right? You're back there". I played 36 holes with the B330, but both rounds were in 40 degree, 20+ mph early spring Michigan weather, so it's hard to give a ball a full and fair test. You can't really trust anything you see spin related on chips and pitches yet, greens are still hairy and inconsistent. I was able to get a good idea of feel and flight though, and the high winds were an especially good test. Feel is definitely firmer than ProV1x. I prefer a firmer golf ball, not a fan of soft/mushy/dead feeling balls, but the B330 is probably a bit clickier/firm feeling than my ideal. Everything else I was able to judge the ball on was ideal. In addition to the 36 holes, I snuck out for 9 to test driver distance alone. I hit 3 B330s and 3 V1x's off of every tee. I won't say there were noticeable distance gains or anything, but I liked that it seemed easier to keep into the wind drives lower when needed, which will lead to more distance in the wind. Over the 36 holes it felt like every hole was into the wind, and I felt like I was able to keep the ball down out of the wind better than I could with a V1x.

So to the new Tour B....... Since I wasn't in love with the feel, and had heard the Tour B X had a new improved softer feeling cover, I decided to trade in my second dozen of the B330 toward a couple dozen Tour B x with the 2 for $70 promo they have going. I played another 18 holes this past weekend, and I'm glad I upgraded. Even putting around the house that overly clicky feel was gone, the tour B x feels much closer to the V1x, which is my ideal. It was another windy cold one, but the ball performed really well in the wind. It's almost always windy at my home course so that's huge. I also gave a '17 Chrome soft x a spin for 9 holes this weekend, and I could not keep that ball down into the wind like I could the Tour B x. I really like the new B x a lot so far, but the final test will be once the greens are mowed and have firmed up. Really hoping short game spin is adequate so this can be the ball for the year.

Let me know some more of your experiences. Have any of you played the Tour B x enough to stick with it or rule it out? Anybody been able to give it some good testing around the greens??

Titleist TSR3 8* PX HZRDUS Blue 
Titleist TSR2+ PX HZRDUS Yellow
Titleist 980 17* Project X black
Titleist T100 4-6 Project X

Titleist 620mb 7-9 Project X
Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX
Scotty Special Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1141363-golflefty-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I've been a long time ProV1x loyalist without even testing other balls. No complaints about the current V1x, I like it a lot actually, but starting to believe a number of other manufacturers have caught up, and am ready to be done paying $47.99 a dozen if I can be.

My local shop had a 2 dozen for $55 deal on the '16/'17 B330, so I started there this spring. If I'm being honest... probably just for the opportunity to say to my golf partners, "You're playing a ProV1 right? You're back there". I played 36 holes with the B330, but both rounds were in 40 degree, 20+ mph early spring Michigan weather, so it's hard to give a ball a full and fair test. You can't really trust anything you see spin related on chips and pitches yet, greens are still hairy and inconsistent. I was able to get a good idea of feel and flight though, and the high winds were an especially good test. Feel is definitely firmer than ProV1x. I prefer a firmer golf ball, not a fan of soft/mushy/dead feeling balls, but the B330 is probably a bit clickier/firm feeling than my ideal. Everything else I was able to judge the ball on was ideal. In addition to the 36 holes, I snuck out for 9 to test driver distance alone. I hit 3 B330s and 3 V1x's off of every tee. I won't say there were noticeable distance gains or anything, but I liked that it seemed easier to keep into the wind drives lower when needed, which will lead to more distance in the wind. Over the 36 holes it felt like every hole was into the wind, and I felt like I was able to keep the ball down out of the wind better than I could with a V1x.

So to the new Tour B....... Since I wasn't in love with the feel, and had heard the Tour B X had a new improved softer feeling cover, I decided to trade in my second dozen of the B330 toward a couple dozen Tour B x with the 2 for $70 promo they have going. I played another 18 holes this past weekend, and I'm glad I upgraded. Even putting around the house that overly clicky feel was gone, the tour B x feels much closer to the V1x, which is my ideal. It was another windy cold one, but the ball performed really well in the wind. It's almost always windy at my home course so that's huge. I also gave a '17 Chrome soft x a spin for 9 holes this weekend, and I could not keep that ball down into the wind like I could the Tour B x. I really like the new B x a lot so far, but the final test will be once the greens are mowed and have firmed up. Really hoping short game spin is adequate so this can be the ball for the year.

Let me know some more of your experiences. Have any of you played the Tour B x enough to stick with it or rule it out? Anybody been able to give it some good testing around the greens??

I played the Tour B X for two rounds while on vacation a couple of weeks ago in windy/breezy conditions, and I like it a lot. I played the Pro V1 for years, and played the Pro V1x last year after Titliest switched the balls up. The Tour B X ball plays like a better feeling Pro V1x to me - it holds its line in the wind very well, feels much better off the putter and wedges, and definitely has more spin off the wedges and around the greens than the Pro V1x. I had two or three wedge shots spin back a decent amount with the Tour B X, which I was not used to after years of the "one bounce and check" performance of the Pro V1 series. I've been doing a lot of putting with the Tour B X ball indoors in my family room since they came out, and was a little worried that they might be too clicky, but they felt a lot softer and better outdoors. Also I had my best ball-striking round in years with the ball on a course with a lot of water and wind.

I'm very impressed with the Tour B X. I've been a Prov V1/V1x guy for a long time, and the Tour B X is every bit the equal of last year's V1x ball, with better feel. I picked up a few more boxes when I got home.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Bought two sleeves of these to try out seeing as they are good enough for Tiger to be using. Been a Pro V1x loyalist for about the last ten years, tried the TP5x last year but felt that they were way too inconsistent with the short irons and wedges. Only played 18 holes with the Tour BXS, initial thoughts;

So much softer off the clubface than the 1x, hitting them with MP18 blades which feel like butter anyway, these feel exceptionaly soft. Also noticeably softer off the putter and noticeable off the driver.

Much lower and boring trajectory with the driver, playing in strong links wind 80% of the year, able to flight the ball in crosswind and into the wind. About 5-10 yards longer than the 1x (For me).

So much more stop and spin in the shorter irons, spinning wedges back 5 feet downwind on links greens (A little wet for the time of year but by no means saturated) Able to spin pitches from inside 50 yards which as somebody mentioned above, a lot different to the one skip then two bounces stop 1x. Chipping probably gives an extra 5 feet of check.

A lot more testing needed, but at the moment this is a ball that has the potential to be in my bag going forward. Extremely impressed with Bridgestone’s latest offering.

I played the Tour B X for two rounds while on vacation a couple of weeks ago in windy/breezy conditions, and I like it a lot. I played the Pro V1 for years, and played the Pro V1x last year after Titliest switched the balls up. The Tour B X ball plays like a better feeling Pro V1x to me - it holds its line in the wind very well, feels much better off the putter and wedges, and definitely has more spin off the wedges and around the greens than the Pro V1x. I had two or three wedge shots spin back a decent amount with the Tour B X, which I was not used to after years of the "one bounce and check" performance of the Pro V1 series. I've been doing a lot of putting with the Tour B X ball indoors in my family room since they came out, and was a little worried that they might be too clicky, but they felt a lot softer and better outdoors. Also I had my best ball-striking round in years with the ball on a course with a lot of water and wind.

I'm very impressed with the Tour B X. I've been a Prov V1/V1x guy for a long time, and the Tour B X is every bit the equal of last year's V1x ball, with better feel. I picked up a few more boxes when I got home.

Thanks for the response, I picked up a couple more dozen today as well. I think it's a keeper but will report back after some more use

Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1141363-golflefty-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thanks for the response, I picked up a couple more dozen today as well. I think it's a keeper but will report back after some more use

excellent reviews and appreciated huge

question though - isn't the B XS the right comparison to the v1x or the new chrome soft X - then all 3 would be the higher spin versions off irons and wedges, correct?

please correct me if i am wrong in my thinking

thank you

question though - isn't the B XS the right comparison to the v1x or the new chrome soft X - then all 3 would be the higher spin versions off irons and wedges, correct?

thank you

I'm still not completely sure about that one. Bridgestone doesn't really differentiate the two that well, other than the X has lower sidespin vs. the XS. TO me, the X feels like and plays like the 2017 Pro V1x, but with better feel and more spin with the wedges.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

thank you

I'm still not completely sure about that one. Bridgestone doesn't really differentiate the two that well, other than the X has lower sidespin vs. the XS. TO me, the X feels like and plays like the 2017 Pro V1x, but with better feel and more spin with the wedges.

I really don't know any more either. I always just start with the firmer ball since that's the feel I prefer, and if there are any performance issues I may try it's softer counterpart (I realize there are jokes to be made off this statement, but don't know how else to put it). No more are the days of firmer ball being longer with less spin tee to green, it's gotten a lot more confusing to me.

Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX

In colder weather I have really liked the B330 RXS. The deal of 2 dozen of the new B line for $70 has me intrigued. I see lots of discussion on this thread of the Bx and Bxs, but not much about the Rxs. Anybody gone from the previous version to the new? Old guys with slow swing speed need information too! :taunt:

It was my assumption that the Tour B-X was a B330 replacement (pro v-1x equivalent), and the Tour B-S was a B330S replacement (pro v-1 equivalent).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have never been a Bridgestone user so I am unsure if my assumptions are even close to accurate.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I can offer this up in terms of a review - I played 5 rounds in Scottsdale with the Tour B X coming from the TP5X and B330. I think the Tour B X is the SOFTEST "X-type" ball I've ever played. And, I was killing it with my driver. I am NOT that long (SS of about 108ish. I hit it over 300 several times on flat holes/still days (very rare for me) on that trip and it surely passed the "eye test" in terms of launch angle.

Trackman supported that it "fit" me upon coming back to MN. I spin it a bit with my driver and launch the ball VERY high (like 14.5 with an 8 degree driver). So, the trick for me has always been finding a ball that fits me with the driver but I didn't hate putting with.....the Tour B X has answered that call and I'll be playing it all year in 2018. It was very soft around the greens (I kept checking that I hadn't swapped in a Tour B S by accident!) I didn't think it could get better than the TP5X, but, it appears this ball is....(for me).

Hope this helps someone!

Same here, want to try the new offerings out but aster 5 pages still confused on which one would be the closest to the B330.

Plugged in golf did a VERY nice review of ALL new B-Stones, together. That might help you out. Pretty sure you're looking for the Tour BX

I can offer this up in terms of a review - I played 5 rounds in Scottsdale with the Tour B X coming from the TP5X and B330. I think the Tour B X is the SOFTEST "X-type" ball I've ever played. And, I was killing it with my driver. I am NOT that long (SS of about 108ish. I hit it over 300 several times on flat holes/still days (very rare for me) on that trip and it surely passed the "eye test" in terms of launch angle.

Trackman supported that it "fit" me upon coming back to MN. I spin it a bit with my driver and launch the ball VERY high (like 14.5 with an 8 degree driver). So, the trick for me has always been finding a ball that fits me with the driver but I didn't hate putting with.....the Tour B X has answered that call and I'll be playing it all year in 2018. It was very soft around the greens (I kept checking that I hadn't swapped in a Tour B S by accident!) I didn't think it could get better than the TP5X, but, it appears this ball is....(for me).

Hope this helps someone!

Same here, want to try the new offerings out but aster 5 pages still confused on which one would be the closest to the B330.

Plugged in golf did a VERY nice review of ALL new B-Stones, together. That might help you out. Pretty sure you're looking for the Tour BX

thanks

I think Bridgestone almost went in the opposite direction compared with the last release as far as providing info for the balls. It's almost like they don't want to turn anyone off to any of the balls via information unlike what they did previously. I do believe they have made some changes to the balls but in relation to each other(each model) the balls are the same as last years, aka no proV switcheroo stuff.

BX=B330 - made them feel a bit softer but is still the firmer ball with less spin than the BXS, reason for them saying feel + accuracy on the box

BXS=B330S - high spin model, softer than the X, possibly lowered spin off driver compared to the B330S, reason for them saying feel + distance.

B RX= lower compression version of the BX

B RXS= lower compression version of the BXS

the clouds are starting to part for me...Thank you all

one more - which ball would be closet to the new chrome soft X ?

thanks

I would think the B XS would be closest being the higher spin model, which the chrome soft X is. Although the CSX is the firmer feeling ball vs CS but I think the chrome soft line is probably softer than the Tour B so they should match up pretty well.

In colder weather I have really liked the B330 RXS. The deal of 2 dozen of the new B line for $70 has me intrigued. I see lots of discussion on this thread of the Bx and Bxs, but not much about the Rxs. Anybody gone from the previous version to the new? Old guys with slow swing speed need information too! :taunt:

I was just thinking the same thing. I moved from the E6 to the B330 RXS a few years ago and have improved from a 12-14 handicapper to a solid 9. The B330 RXS is great in the wind and stops well on iron shots. My distance control is the biggest improvement in my game recently.

I tried a sleeve of the Tour B RXS the other day with interesting results. They are loooooong compared to the B330 RXS. 10+ metres more per club and more on the Driver. Unfortunately they just didn't stop for me. I was hitting a club shorter to each green and they just bounced right through!

Maybe it is time to give the XS a go?

Really interested in other feedback and experiences.

I was just thinking the same thing. I moved from the E6 to the B330 RXS a few years ago and have improved from a 12-14 handicapper to a solid 9. The B330 RXS is great in the wind and stops well on iron shots. My distance control is the biggest improvement in my game recently.

I tried a sleeve of the Tour B RXS the other day with interesting results. They are loooooong compared to the B330 RXS. 10+ metres more per club and more on the Driver. Unfortunately they just didn't stop for me. I was hitting a club shorter to each green and they just bounced right through!

Different conditions maybe? Maybe not hitting it as pure? Did you happen to try an older RXS? Not calling you liar but I find it hard to believe that the new RXS would have THAT much less spin. Especially since the reviews and testings that I've seen actually show a bit more spin than last models.

It was my assumption that the Tour B-X was a B330 replacement (pro v-1x equivalent), and the Tour B-S was a B330S replacement (pro v-1 equivalent).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have never been a Bridgestone user so I am unsure if my assumptions are even close to accurate.

Yes the X replaces 330 and XS replaces 330S.... unsure as to why they changed the packaging to say otherwise.....

Different conditions maybe? Maybe not hitting it as pure? Did you happen to try an older RXS? Not calling you liar but I find it hard to believe that the new RXS would have THAT much less spin. Especially since the reviews and testings that I've seen actually show a bit more spin than last models.

Maybe. I'll keep working at it. Love Bridgestone.

I think Bridgestone almost went in the opposite direction compared with the last release as far as providing info for the balls. It's almost like they don't want to turn anyone off to any of the balls via information unlike what they did previously. I do believe they have made some changes to the balls but in relation to each other(each model) the balls are the same as last years, aka no proV switcheroo stuff.

BX=B330 - made them feel a bit softer but is still the firmer ball with less spin than the BXS, reason for them saying feel + accuracy on the box

BXS=B330S - high spin model, softer than the X, possibly lowered spin off driver compared to the B330S, reason for them saying feel + distance.

Thanks I was coming here to ask this question, as their ball fitter on the website told me to choose the Tour BX.

I hit a 7i 160 yards carry, at bang on around 7000RPM, and I play off 5, so does that sound like the right ball for me?

What's the difference between the new Tiger version of the TOUR BXS?

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Thanks I was coming here to ask this question, as their ball fitter on the website told me to choose the Tour BX.

I hit a 7i 160 yards carry, at bang on around 7000RPM, and I play off 5, so does that sound like the right ball for me?

What's the difference between the new Tiger version of the TOUR BXS?

It says tiger on it

Just ordered 2dz of both the X and the XS, in order to add further confusion as to what ball I’m going to use this year. Too many good balls out at the moment, and my preference seems to come down to what feels best off the putter.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

The reviews in here that the B X feels like a better viX are very intriguing

I am coming off an XV after being a 2015 v1X users for years ......

only concern I have is the spin on the B X - I have a low swing in general - is it enough to stay in the air....?

worried the B XS will have too much sidespin for me

confusing compressions vs distance claims vs spin

thanks

I've had the opportunity to test these balls further in warmer (and windy) conditions - 65-70* with a 5 mph breeze and 15 mph gusts. Both feel good off every club, with the XS feeling slightly softer.

The XS is too spinny for me off every club, except the putter :derisive: . The wind ate it up on every drive and iron shot, into the wind and crosswind.

The X was better and spins less, making it more manageable for me. It was better than the XS in the wind, but not as good as the XV or CSX18.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime