2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that you are digging these pants. I have given feedback for years that we needed to try to get into the golf/"performance causal" space. We have a few product guys in the men's division that have background with UA and Nike and I think it shows in the active product's evolution over the last few years. I have been with the company for 13 years and the product is the best we've ever had, in my opinion. I will be at a conference next month and the product teams are usually there...I will pass some of your feedback along in person if I get the chance.

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that you are digging these pants. I have given feedback for years that we needed to try to get into the golf/"performance causal" space. We have a few product guys in the men's division that have background with UA and Nike and I think it shows in the active product's evolution over the last few years. I have been with the company for 13 years and the product is the best we've ever had, in my opinion. I will be at a conference next month and the product teams are usually there...I will pass some of your feedback along in person if I get the chance.

Awesome man! Whatever you do don’t let them discontinue these!

Went back again last night to try them on a second time. Just not slim enough at the ankle for me. Need a good inch of material tapered off.

66yrkRM.jpg

Now the Skinny Jeans from Old Navy, those fit absolutely perfect. Take the fit from the skinny jeans (from the knee down), and turn those into these active pants, and I'd buy so many, I'd practically own stock in Old Navy.

Awesome man! Whatever you do don’t let them discontinue these!

I wish I had that much pull! Haha! But I will definitely do what I can to make sure the right people see everyone's feedback.

Went back again last night to try them on a second time. Just not slim enough at the ankle for me. Need a good inch of material tapered off.

66yrkRM.jpg

Now the Skinny Jeans from Old Navy, those fit absolutely perfect. Take the fit from the skinny jeans (from the knee down), and turn those into these active pants, and I'd buy so many, I'd practically own stock in Old Navy.

What size did you get if you don't mind me asking? Would you be able to compare the tapered style to another pant, like Nike or Bonobos (slim straight, It looks like it would be slim straight)? I know the Bonobos Slim Tailored are definitely smaller / more tapered towards the bottom. Would love to try but I don't see any of these available in stores near me.

66yrkRM.jpg

What size did you get if you don't mind me asking? Would you be able to compare the tapered style to another pant, like Nike or Bonobos (slim straight, It looks like it would be slim straight)? I know the Bonobos Slim Tailored are definitely smaller / more tapered towards the bottom. Would love to try but I don't see any of these available in stores near me.

I tried on 33x30. I wish more stores offered a 28" inseam, but I understand the demand isn't really there. Because as you can see, even with a 30" inseam, I had to roll them 3 times. Being a full grown, 30 year old man that's 5'4" definitely isn't the easiest thing in life.

And yes, the Highland Tailored fit from Bonobos is the only golf/technical/active pants I've found that are slim/skinny enough for my taste.

66yrkRM.jpg

I tried on 33x30. I wish more stores offered a 28" inseam, but I understand the demand isn't really there. Because as you can see, even with a 30" inseam, I had to roll them 3 times. Being a full grown, 30 year old man that's 5'4" definitely isn't the easiest thing in life.

And yes, the Highland Tailored fit from Bonobos is the only golf/technical/active pants I've found that are slim/skinny enough for my taste.

For $15 you can probably get these tailored exactly the way you want.

drn92

I'm 5'6" and I feel your pain. A 28" or 29" inseam would be fantastic.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

if you want a 28 or 29" inseam, you ought to take a look at Uniqlo Dry-EX Ultra Stretch Ankle pants. On a taller golfer, they will look like cropped pants, but, for 5'7" and under, they should work. You can check their size charts for the inseam length.

if you want a 28 or 29" inseam, you ought to take a look at Uniqlo Dry-EX Ultra Stretch Ankle pants. On a taller golfer, they will look like cropped pants, but, for 5'7" and under, they should work. You can check their size charts for the inseam length.

Nice! Will definitely check these out after work today. Actually going to be down close to a Uniqlo store already.

Tried them on today and promptly bought a couple of pairs. At $30, it's hard to go wrong. No idea how they compare to the $130 Lululemon pants, but they compare well to the $80 golf pants I typically buy.

Of course we are now approaching warmer weather (*knock on wood*). Can we get our Old Navy insiders to make some equivalent shorts?

Tried them on today and promptly bought a couple of pairs. At $30, it's hard to go wrong. No idea how they compare to the $130 Lululemon pants, but they compare well to the $80 golf pants I typically buy.

Of course we are now approaching warmer weather (*knock on wood*). Can we get our Old Navy insiders to make some equivalent shorts?

We sell some awesome golf shorts, I just bought 3 new pairs today! I looked online and didn't see them, but they are lightweight, great stretch and just overall super comfy. They should be in the active section!

Edit: different material so not really the same...but I love them, I now own 6 total. It's basically all I wear during the summer.

Link to these?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

We sell some awesome golf shorts, I just bought 3 new pairs today! I looked online and didn't see them, but they are lightweight, great stretch and just overall super comfy. They should be in the active section!

Edit: different material so not really the same...but I love them, I now own 6 total. It's basically all I wear during the summer.

These are straight fit, rather than slim fit, right?

These are straight fit, rather than slim fit, right?

Yeah I'd consider it a straight fit, they fit just a little looser in the leg than the pants we have been discussing. Not baggy, but a little extra room. It's basically the same fit as the other plain front shorts we carry but the material is much lighter and more comfortable.

I’m a thin guy. 32/34 and wore these this week in a tourney, actually a little bigger size for me (33/34) and guys told me they looked like skinny jeans. I wouldn’t say they are skinny, but they aren’t straight either. They are slim fit with a taper. Maybe they aren’t as tapered if you get them too long? I’m loving these. I just got 6 more!

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

You guys talking about getting some pants tailored.... where do you go get this done? I live in the suburbs of a larger city but just curious. Never had it done and could use a couple pair to be hemmed up from 32 length to about 30.

Google is your friend. I found a great tailor about a year and a half ago who has taken care of several pair of pants, including my old navy pants.

drn92

You guys talking about getting some pants tailored.... where do you go get this done? I live in the suburbs of a larger city but just curious. Never had it done and could use a couple pair to be hemmed up from 32 length to about 30.

Just use Google to find tailors in your area.

Or you could find a family member that has the know-how; that's what I do. Much cheaper this way haha :)

FYI, to show you all how difficult of a time I have buying pants, these are the "Ankle Pants" from Uniqlo. They should stop well above the shoe, and show off your ankles, like this:

07_187394.jpg

Well, this is how they fit me:

UlbBBFh.jpg

They are longer than normal pants should be. Life is hard being this short.

FYI, to show you all how difficult of a time I have buying pants, these are the "Ankle Pants" from Uniqlo. They should stop well above the shoe, and show off your ankles, like this:

07_187394.jpg

Well, this is how they fit me:

UlbBBFh.jpg

They are longer than normal pants should be. Life is hard being this short.

I got to admit, that looks long and baggy. For me, I don't show any ankle, maybe a half break, and, mine seem to a bit slimmer, too, though, mine are last years model - size m (32" waist).

I got to admit, that looks long and baggy. For me, I don't show any ankle, maybe a half break, and, mine seem to a bit slimmer, too, though, mine are last years model - size m (32" waist).

I tried on the Mediums, which according to their site have an inseam of 28.75". I still had to roll them 3x to get a decent looking length. My God, my legs are short.