Cut Golf balls

MRL1984

Dbill, I love the XV so very curious to hear about your experience with the Cut balls and how they compare to the XV and Snell offerings

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

I ordered some trial sleeves of the blue (4 layer) and grey (3 layer) but unfortunately haven’t been able to play with them yet. As far as the shipping goes, my order was shipped out next day and arrived several days later, not bad for shipping from CA to PA.

I chipped each of the balls in the house and they felt pretty good. Can’t wait to actually get on the course with these. If they play as well as any other 4 piece ball I’ll gladly switch for $20 a dz.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

How long doesn’t it take to get them? I ordered one week ago Andy nothing yet.

Please email us with your order number and we will get this resolved ASAP! Typically orders are delivered within 1-3 business days. Our email is [email protected]

Thank you.

Driver - Callaway Rogue
3w - Callaway Rogue
5w - Callaway Rogue
Irons (GW - 4i) - Callaway Rogue
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport
Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 54 and 60 degrees

I played 9 holes with the blue today and was impressed. Felt pretty good of the driver and irons, it also spun pretty well on iron and wedge shots. I was worried that it would feel like a rock since I usually play the chrome soft but I was surprised that it felt pretty close. As for putting I couldn’t really tell since I couldn’t make a put to save my life. It didn’t sound any different off my putter then the normal ball I would play. The only thing that I don’t like is the sheen that the balls have, it makes them look like plastic. Besides that I enjoyed playing the cut blue. I want to try the gray out to see if it performs any different but I will definitely be buying cut golf balls in the future.

I too didn’t like the sheen at first, but I think that’s what makes them so durable. Reminds me of the Optic Yellow XV from two (or three?) series prior. Those balls lasted forever.

I recently tried the 3U (gray) and had some fun around the practice green getting it to hop-hop-stop with a few low checkers. Balls didn’t cut at all. The company name doesn’t match! False advertising! Lol.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Got the urethane trail pack in today. Snapped a few side by side pictures of my long time gamer, the Srixon z star xv. Will post up pictures when I get the Snell MTB red and blacks as well. I have only included a picture of the Cut Blue.

First initial impression is the cover feels soft, like a urethane ball should. The sheen on it, as others have pointed out, does make it look like a surlyn or cheaper ball. I don't care what the looks are as long as it performs, just sharing initial impressions.

Will be getting these out in the next week for a test drive against the XV and Snell MTB red and black. Big hill to climb against the XV for all of these balls.

Actually got out today and played a round with the Cut Blue. Overall, it was a decent ball and given the price, I could see lots of people gaming these.

Overall, nothing about the performance of this ball blew me away, but nothing disappointed me. My only knock on the ball is the cover looks cheap and almost plastic like, already covered in the above post.

In the end, this ball has not done anything to out perform my long time gamer of the z star xv. More testing will be done to see if anything changes, as well as testing the Snell MTB red and blacks.

Edited to add a little about me.

Current handicap is 7, driver swing speed is around 115-118.

Dbill...although the balls did not outperform the Z STAR XV, it sounds like they were close in performance?

Factor in the price differential and it sounds like a good switch to me from my beloved XV's.

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

I finally got to try out my urethane pack this weekend. I was playing solo so on a handful of holes I played both the blue and grey side-by-side. There doesn't seem to be a very big difference to me. The blue feels slightly harder, especially off the putter, but I wouldn't describe it as a hard ball. I usually play Taylormade Project A, which is a pretty soft ball. I'd say I preferred the grey just because I liked the feel better off the putter, but I feel like I could play either ball and be really happy with it. I only played 9 holes and lost just 1 Cut Blue, so I'll keep testing.

I had to take and share this picture of playing both balls on a hole. Driver off an elevated tee. The Cut Blue is on the left, flew dead straight. Cut Grey is on the right and had the slightest fade. Obviously distance was the same, which was pretty consistent throughout the day.

Dbill...although the balls did not outperform the Z STAR XV, it sounds like they were close in performance?

Factor in the price differential and it sounds like a good switch to me from my beloved XV's.

To me they felt closer to the Q Star Tour, which can be bought for $25. I would buy a test pack of the urethane to try out. I still have the new XV balls from when they did the trial packs of 6 for $10.

I plan on resting both. But what is the effect of the difference between the 3 and 4 piece urethane balls (gray and blue).

The Greys are slightly softer and will have a little less spin than the Blues. We recommend you trying the Urethane Double Pack, so you can test them both out and figure out which one you prefer.

https://www.cutgolfco.com/trialsleeves/double-pack

I plan on resting both. But what is the effect of the difference between the 3 and 4 piece urethane balls (gray and blue).

The Greys are slightly softer and will have a little less spin than the Blues. We recommend you trying the Urethane Double Pack, so you can test them both out and figure out which one you prefer.

https://www.cutgolfco.com/trialsleeves/double-pack

thank you. Will do

I was lucky enough to win the giveaway and got the 4-color trial pack as well as a full dozen of the grey and a hat (Thanks Cut and WRX!!). I decided to go with the grey because it seemed to be the most similar to the balls that I played last season and had success with, the Chrome Soft and TM RBZ-Urethane.

First, the hat - I went with the Lights Out Performance Mesh. Love it! I like the logo and minimalist look. No wording on the back or sides. The brim formed nice, as I do not get along with the flat-brim look. My only complaint, and I wouldn't even call it that, is that I wished they came in size options. With the one-size-fits-most, I am in the last hole of the snap-back.

Now for the ball, but only the Grey - I went to Myrtle Beach this past week and played 81 holes in 72 hours and decided to just take the grey with me so that I could give it my full attention, so to speak. I didn't want to go back and forth between any two and cloud my mind with extra thoughts. Like others have mentioned, I noticed the sheen or coloration that makes it look like a cheaper ball. After a few shots though, I was used to it and it was not a factor or deterrent. For me, off the tee, I saw performance very similar to the Chrome Soft. I have a driver swing speed of about 106-108 and when I am off, side spin creeps in on my drives. I would say that I was swinging pretty good and the Cut did a great job of holding its line even though we had a few windy days. Distance-wise I did not see any more or less than what I am used to. As for approach shots with the grey, they were exactly what I was looking for. I have a steep angle of attack and can put some spin on the ball but I don't like to spin them back. I like one or two hops and stop, and that is exactly what the grey gave me. Chipping was the same way. I use a 58 degree wedge around the greens and I got consistent, predictable performance whether I was laying the blade open and flopping or putting the ball back in my stance for more of a bump and run. A highly underrated feature of the ball, the sight-line on the side was perfect for lining up putts. It felt soft and solid all at the same time off of my SeeMore Giant M1t putter, if that makes sense. Not clicky at all.

All in all, I enjoyed the Cut Grey and would certainly purchase it if I had not won the giveaway. It was a great ball. I will give the Blue a try in the coming weeks....

/ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye /

I was lucky enough to win the giveaway and got the 4-color trial pack as well as a full dozen of the grey and a hat (Thanks Cut and WRX!!). I decided to go with the grey because it seemed to be the most similar to the balls that I played last season and had success with, the Chrome Soft and TM RBZ-Urethane.

First, the hat - I went with the Lights Out Performance Mesh. Love it! I like the logo and minimalist look. No wording on the back or sides. The brim formed nice, as I do not get along with the flat-brim look. My only complaint, and I wouldn't even call it that, is that I wished they came in size options. With the one-size-fits-most, I am in the last hole of the snap-back.

Now for the ball, but only the Grey - I went to Myrtle Beach this past week and played 81 holes in 72 hours and decided to just take the grey with me so that I could give it my full attention, so to speak. I didn't want to go back and forth between any two and cloud my mind with extra thoughts. Like others have mentioned, I noticed the sheen or coloration that makes it look like a cheaper ball. After a few shots though, I was used to it and it was not a factor or deterrent. For me, off the tee, I saw performance very similar to the Chrome Soft. I have a driver swing speed of about 106-108 and when I am off, side spin creeps in on my drives. I would say that I was swinging pretty good and the Cut did a great job of holding its line even though we had a few windy days. Distance-wise I did not see any more or less than what I am used to. As for approach shots with the grey, they were exactly what I was looking for. I have a steep angle of attack and can put some spin on the ball but I don't like to spin them back. I like one or two hops and stop, and that is exactly what the grey gave me. Chipping was the same way. I use a 58 degree wedge around the greens and I got consistent, predictable performance whether I was laying the blade open and flopping or putting the ball back in my stance for more of a bump and run. A highly underrated feature of the ball, the sight-line on the side was perfect for lining up putts. It felt soft and solid all at the same time off of my SeeMore Giant M1t putter, if that makes sense. Not clicky at all.

All in all, I enjoyed the Cut Grey and would certainly purchase it if I had not won the giveaway. It was a great ball. I will give the Blue a try in the coming weeks....

Thanks for the feedback!

I finally got to try out my Cut Blue and Grey sleeves on Wednesday. Also let me preface my thoughts about the balls by saying when I played on Wednesday in Pittsburgh, it was roughly 46-50 degrees out. It was windy, and not a nice day for golf, but it was nice to finally get outside.

Overall I thought they were solid balls, and as others have pointed it, the "sheen" on them does make them stand out from other balls. The sheen on the cover didn't bother me any, and after a hole or two you don't even notice it. The large line on the side of the ball I think is great for lining up putts. The line on the ball, and the line on my putter complement each other nicely. I thought the durability of the balls were good as well, I played the front 9 with the Grey, and the back 9 with the Blue version.

Hitting the balls I thought the 4U (Blue) version felt nicer on full shots, and spun a little more around the greens. I did not have any issues with the Grey around the greens, but just thought the Blue spun a tad more. As I said in my opening, it was a cold and windy day when I played, but I thought both the Blue and Grey launched really high, and did not do well in the wind. Again, this could of been more a combo of me, and the weather, but I felt I was losing significant distance using the Cut balls compared to other 4 piece balls. On one hole in particular, I was using the Cut Blue ball from about 170-175 out and hit a pretty solid 7i and the ball landed about 5-10 yards in front of the green. Now the wind was blowing, but just for the hell of it I dropped a ProV down and hit the same 7i with another solid strike, and the ProV landed at least 10yrds ahead of the Cut ball.

I still have another sleeve each of the Blue and Grey balls and plan on trying them out again when the weather gets nicer to see if the results are the same.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

I finally got to try out my Cut Blue and Grey sleeves on Wednesday. Also let me preface my thoughts about the balls by saying when I played on Wednesday in Pittsburgh, it was roughly 46-50 degrees out. It was windy, and not a nice day for golf, but it was nice to finally get outside.

Overall I thought they were solid balls, and as others have pointed it, the "sheen" on them does make them stand out from other balls. The sheen on the cover didn't bother me any, and after a hole or two you don't even notice it. The large line on the side of the ball I think is great for lining up putts. The line on the ball, and the line on my putter complement each other nicely. I thought the durability of the balls were good as well, I played the front 9 with the Grey, and the back 9 with the Blue version.

Hitting the balls I thought the 4U (Blue) version felt nicer on full shots, and spun a little more around the greens. I did not have any issues with the Grey around the greens, but just thought the Blue spun a tad more. As I said in my opening, it was a cold and windy day when I played, but I thought both the Blue and Grey launched really high, and did not do well in the wind. Again, this could of been more a combo of me, and the weather, but I felt I was losing significant distance using the Cut balls compared to other 4 piece balls. On one hole in particular, I was using the Cut Blue ball from about 170-175 out and hit a pretty solid 7i and the ball landed about 5-10 yards in front of the green. Now the wind was blowing, but just for the hell of it I dropped a ProV down and hit the same 7i with another solid strike, and the ProV landed at least 10yrds ahead of the Cut ball.

I still have another sleeve each of the Blue and Grey balls and plan on trying them out again when the weather gets nicer to see if the results are the same.

What course?